New survey - Quality of Life

FinderKeeper

In advance of others taking this survey FYI: Clubs and Club Champions are seperate entries.  I rated them together then was lazy to go back.
Also there was an entry later for daily rewards which I had sort of lumped into contests and I'm not sure if it meant now contest rewards or all rewards (feedback for survey writers perhaps).

Still not sure the difference between mechanics and ergonimics; maybe nice to have a sample of what it means or sample answer (feedback for survey writers; you can explain to me if you wish but I won't retake the survey based around any responses nor am likely to remember for next survey).

Be prepared to take a long time on this if you have serious feedback to give :P
Blank entry space feedback limits to 1000 characters (forewarning for verbose folks like me =D).

All in all, I thought it was fun to reflect on each portion of the game.  The main thing I don't like about these surveys is I always leave something out and remember days or weeks (or moments) later, like "Oh, I should have said _" or "forgot about _, that is really _".  Also, some of this stuff has very recently changed (as of last patch) so it's hard to answer neutrally across all sections without bias there.  But ultimately nice to give feedback and hopefully listened to.

Happy Holidays.

Edited by jpanda
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, jpanda said:

Still not sure the difference between mechanics and ergonimics

I see mechanics as being the feature concept. For example, villain mechanics is to do battle with the villains up to 3 tiers. The ergonomics is how well they implemented the feature. In this case, the user interface and the user experience. Is it intuitive to change tier or to switch villain.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Methos2 said:

This survey is missing the most important quality of life question. Do the game have too many events and features affecting player quality of life?!

Totally subcribe that, new players didn't know the original idle game were you didn't have your time drained with constant tasks and events. The problem is compounded if you try to play more than one game (HH, CxH, PsH), with the added confussion of some events taking place in different days.

• Like 4

I think QoL  would improve a lot if you detatch the Mythic AM booster from the League entirely. Its existence (Along with the Gems) have driven a lot of players away from the game.
Just make it a booster exclusively for Seasons.

• It's made the league too easy for people who have the Mythic boosters, and driven down people who don't have them. There is no chance they can ever defeat those who have Mythic boosters, Plus they can't afford to take such a chance against us. This AM booster has proven it has only made the league more uncompetitive against the few at the top.
  • It's an added cost to participate in winning the League. Compounded on the fact that League prizes at the top was reduced. Bad combination.
  • Those who try to aim for the top of the league have been forced to neglect the Seasons, because each fight in the Seasons would drain away the already expensive AM booster.

I think the best cure is to make it a booster for Seasons exclusively. It would improve quality of life for league players if they could maintain the seasons without affecting the performance or cost of participating in the Leagues.

• Like 8
  • Thinking 1
  • Hug 1

On 12/26/2022 at 12:11 PM, Fiel said:

I think QoL  would improve a lot if you detatch the Mythic AM booster from the League entirely.

Of course this is less a QoL thing than a balance thing, or the general P2W kind of stuff this game really shouldn't have, but how else would devs ever gonna be able to sell us things.

There is certain stuff that survey didn't ask about, and I would guess that's on purpose. It's little things you don't notice at first, like mystic headband are for villains and pantheon. Yeah, giving us two different buffs for that so we don't waste our buff against villains, most of us won't need them there, and keep it intact for pantheon is not happening, and I don't think that's a coincidence. There is more, but why bother.

I also wanted to add, because I don't know if the survey actually got this, I don't play on mobile.

On 12/26/2022 at 2:11 PM, Fiel said:

I think QoL  would improve a lot if you detatch the Mythic AM booster from the League entirely. Its existence (Along with the Gems) have driven a lot of players away from the game.

I'm playing with a script that shows the use of boosters by opponents in Leagues (Hentai Heroes++ League Booster Detector Add-on). So, those who use such a booster constantly are few. And as a rule, you can still catch the moment when it is inactive. And then you will have 8 hours to process such an opponent without any problems.

• Thinking 1

15 hours ago, Master-17 said:

And as a rule, you can still catch the moment when it is inactive.

But even if you managed to do that. How many times have you managed to win against... me for example?
0 times?

1 time?

2 times?
My point being, the average player most likely never stood a chance either way, because those boosters help me just as much as they help them. But they are less likely to invest into those boosters because they have bigger probability to lose vs someone who have won the league over 100 times.
It's a booster that helps no one in the League. That's why it ought to be detatched from the League.

Edited by Fiel
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fiel said:

But even if you managed to do that. How many times have you managed to win against... me for example?

I don't know what server you are on? HH or Nutaku? I am at the last one and did not pay attention to the nicknames of the opponents. However, most of the time I have 3 out of 3 wins against the top D-3 players in the league, however, this is not enough to win, because they are also not stupid and attack the rest of the players buffed with a higher level of boosters more and get more points. But this is still enough for the top-15 (and even 1 time top-4)

Not a very good example due to the weak blessing, but the principle is clear.

1.thumb.jpg.ba209e8e7cbffcd47c92d06223a6b4cb.jpg

Edited by Master-17
Example

8 hours ago, Fiel said:

It's a booster that helps no one in the League. That's why it ought to be detatched from the League.

It's something that is dividing the playerbase for sure.

As a "normal" player; In order to win D3; you need a couple of things to fall your way:

The competition has to be something you can overcome, if you get in a league with one of the big boys; you can probably forget about winning.
You need a good set of 2 blessings; since a full league is covered by two different blessings.
In Conjunction with that point; you have to hope that the girls you have gotten, and the ones you have upgraded are the best ones for said blessing.
(I am talking about the average player here, we don't have the $$$ to make sure every girl is maxed)
And finally you need a dose of the good ol luck, you need those highrolls to happen, you want those 24pts instead of the 18pts.

In D3, its basically accepted that if you want to win, you need to use Am boosters.
Am booster also works for season's meaning its detrimental for you if you fight in the season; as you will spend charges you need for the leagues,
you do not want to have to spend more boosters then you need, as that will cut into your possible profit.

The last time I asked about leagues and mythic booster, I seem to remember that if you get outside of top4, you will not recoup the cost you spent on the boosters
(if that is in-correct or I am miss remembering, feel free to correct me)

Since the margins for a positive koban gain here is lower, due to they slashing the winnings, more players are going to question the worth of the use of the booster.
This booster costs Kobans; and kobans are used for lots of things; like getting new mythic girls that you need in order to compete in the leagues.

Someone who has won the leagues 50+ times probably does not care, will continue to apply boosters, since even if they loose the league
a couple of times, it's not going to matter for them, as in the long run they are still going positive.

This is especially true at this time; if you do not have a full set of mythics equipment; unless you are really lucky with who is on your league, using mythic booster
is basically throwing kobans away.

With all of this in mind, a lot of the player base will not use booster; for one reason or another, meaning that those who use it will have an easier time
and make sure they get the top spot, getting more kobans, to get more boosters, or girls and make sure they stay ahead.
Come to think about it, this is basically capitalism.

TL;DR:

I agree with Fiel; I don't think a PvP sentric mythic booster is a good thing for the game, and in the long run, it will make sure that the ones that 
started early with this will stay on top, and new players coming in, unless some really specific circumstances are met, will have a hard time winning anything.

• Like 4

On 12/28/2022 at 5:04 PM, Master-17 said:

I'm playing with a script that shows the use of boosters by opponents in Leagues (Hentai Heroes++ League Booster Detector Add-on). So, those who use such a booster constantly are few.

You're aware the mythic booster used by others never shows up, right? Because it only applies on offense, not defense.