Forum Rules

Karxan

so Noacc has Rules posted in the HH General Discussion section.  If these are intended for the entire forum as a whole, should they be posted on the forum's main page?

i remember when i first started on these forums i didn't see the Rules until after i had made some stupid mistakes & gotten in trouble for it.  Even then, i wasn't given a link or where to find it; i had to search for it.  Had it been posted & pinned on the main page i might have not made the mistakes i did.

There is no forum's or platform's main page possible with this software, AFAIK. There are other examples where the HH EN forum is placeholder for platform-wide topics and such which has no fitting forum, like for PSH.

But I agree this isn't optimal.

4 hours ago, Horsting said:

There is no forum's or platform's main page possible with this software, AFAIK

You can make a separate category, where to place a separate post and close this entire category from changes and comments

Spoiler

1.thumb.jpg.0f3ab22b1af3d3c576d03512c65591fa.jpg2.thumb.jpg.356bea5a21bb54b9a08dd137d222bbe8.jpg

12 hours ago, Horsting said:

There are many things that aren't.

Most realy important and crucial Infos or just help and faq you would need ingame, or at least a shortcut to a central place where you can find those, are hidden and wide spread in this forum and on many of KKs different websites.

And although the Mods do a hell of a job to keep this mess forum in readable condition, if you really just need a short info, chances are low that you will find what you are looking for by typing something in the search.

Edited by Der DinX

18 hours ago, Horsting said:

There is no forum's or platform's main page possible with this software, AFAIK. There are other examples where the HH EN forum is placeholder for platform-wide topics and such which has no fitting forum, like for PSH.

Then what is this; https://forum.kinkoid.com/ ?

Perhaps this should be forwarded to @Tohru - Kinkoid, who knows better than we do how this forum works & what they can/can't do in it?

6 hours ago, Karxan said:

Then what is this; https://forum.kinkoid.com/ ?

You cannot create a topic on the board index/overview but only in one of the (sub) forums, which is very common for forum software. Some have the ability to create/fill board-wide pages, like FAQ, legal notice, privacy policies and such, which would also be a good place for board-wide rules. I do not see any such page here, but indeed the software may support it. Here is at least an overview of such on the website of the forum software (as linked in the footer): https://invisioncommunity.com/legal/

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

This, plus this "rules" sticky is a bit dated and was never meant to be exhaustive and taken to the letter either. "Guidelines" would be more accurate. Basically, it's somewhere between the bare minimum etiquette and common sense examples of dos and don'ts.

Some stuff listed there isn't always technically true, some stuff not listed would be unacceptable. The forum is moderated by humans on a case by case basis, even if there are a lot of global principles that apply.

• Like 1