Cheap Side Quest Girls

garadron

4 hours ago, Yamiray said:

Xmas Ninja Elf affection scene 3 family removed

That was an example of the old humour the game had in the first years (almost completely lost today and now even retroactively erased), removing the family completely breaks the affection scenes story progression. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Yamiray said:

So here are 2 samples that come to mind. feel free to delete post if this is a no go. If its ok I'll keep in mind for my image change post area

Both examples are perfectly fine and also super informative as far as I'm concerned. I had no idea either of these changes had taken place before this post. No need to go with the cryptic percentage thing, the first option for Claudia's change seems absolutely fine to me. They've changed her face significantly, you post a before/after of her changed face, that's fair. And again, very useful in my opinion.

If we applied the No Spoilers rule in a dogmatic and strict way, this would be a no-go, but the main point of this rule is to avoid sharing unique content available only in the game. Close-up partial screenshots of areas that were changed, on their own, don't give access to the content itself to anyone, but it helps people who already have access to that content knowing when and how it gets changed.

Hopefully we still have access to the older versions by tinkering with the URL. I like to have the choice in those situations. I think 4 years of waiting for Kinkoid to implement a user-friendly gallery system to enjoy the content in the game itself is long enough. I need to start archiving what I like for myself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Hopefully we still have access to the older versions by tinkering with the URL. I like to have the choice in those situations. I think 4 years of waiting for Kinkoid to implement a user-friendly gallery system to enjoy the content in the game itself is long enough. I need to start archiving what I like for myself.

I wish that was the case or at least I have not found the way to revert it to the older version for affection and story scene. Only reason I can pull them up is because I did pulled a local copy in the first place and using my copy is how my scanner can tell that the site one has changed. That's why I was upset when they made the change to Jiggle Santa Claudia so fast I only had time to pull 2 of 6 of the older images before they where changed. 

Thanks for clarifying the rule, I'll try my best to not cross the line but please feel free to remove anything if I inadvertently do go to far,

• Thanks 1

Just a note about the spoiler tag: It does not prevent images from appearing prominently in the "POSTED IMAGES" section of the info panel at the right side, which makes it basically useless for hiding images. This of course is a bug/quirk of the forum software: No content from within a spoiler tag must be shown anywhere outside of it.

But in this particular case, where only the small relevant part of an image is posted, IMO no need to take action.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, garadron said:

I'll update my OP later but I wanted to share that both new PoV girls are still CSQG

Jenny Gyneson (harem-battle.club)

Lina (harem-battle.club)

the only "improvement" in their case is what they've been already trying to do with some girls where the image is broken with a lightning looking line and shows 2 different parts of the same picture

All the latest L5 girls from this month seem to have the same “improvement”, for me this is worse than just repeating the image without zooming, after all it is still the same image but in a more annoying way to look at.

• Like 2
  • Hug 1

• 1 month later...

I wonder if the blurred effect will be superimposed on top of the main picture and then simply removed when a new “star” is received, or will they make 2 pictures - a blurred and a regular one? Because in the first case, we can remove the blurred effect using manipulations with the addresses of the pictures, and in the second case, they will have to make and store twice as many pictures.

il y a 58 minutes, Master-17 a dit :

they will have to make and store twice as many pictures

not necessarily, you can have image filters which transforms the image based on the url like "http://host/blurred/picture-id.jpg" and be cached at the CDN level.

You need to store twice but it will be in the CDN only and we are not talking TB of data.

@Yamiray could probably answer since he tracks the differences and I suppose he is storing everything. But I suppose, doing quick math, that everything takes between 8 and 13 GB (poses + affection scenes + story).

4 hours ago, mdnoria said:

@Yamiray could probably answer since he tracks the differences and I suppose he is storing everything. But I suppose, doing quick math, that everything takes between 8 and 13 GB (poses + affection scenes + story).

I'm not totally sure what is being asked here but in terms of girls they just have the png and webp versions and if animated have 3 skeleton files(atlas,png and skel), the new animation story's can but does not always use them, affections and stroy(version 1) have the 2 sizes that I've noticed. Story (version 2) has images elements which can be reused.

• Hearts 1

I was just talking about the total size of those picture/animation files.

Or maybe you are just keeping a DB of the path of those files to detect changes since when a file is changed it's URL change and in this case you won't be able to answer what I said.

Edited by mdnoria

5 hours ago, mdnoria said:

I was just talking about the total size of those picture/animation files.

Or maybe you are just keeping a DB of the path of those files to detect changes since when a file is changed it's URL change and in this case you won't be able to answer what I said.

Well I don't have all the affection scenes yet so can't give a total there. the poses I only keep the png's and older versions I got before they changed. Right now that is 4.50GB for poses(they had a bad habit of making these much larger then they needed to be, I reported when they resized them to make them smaller but that is why this one is so large). What I have so far with the affection is 777MB (large version). the story(1-17)+sidequest is 1.77 GB(large version) V2 elements so far 50.6MB.

I only store the text information in a database which knows the image IDs. and since a kept more or less the same system layout my comper program check there site agents mine to know if something changes.

Now the one area I can't totally track changes is the new gallery area since these have hashed names that totally change if altered. But they have to update the data to point to the new entry so that is where I pick up those changes.

• uwu 1