[ November 25th, 2023 ] PoA #44 - Digital Fuckers

bolitho76

Hmm Digimon parodies 😍, I will buy the bonus path.

• Marrie is a parody of Sora Takenouchi
  • Amei is a parody of Mimi Tachikawa
  • Inori is a parody of Yolei Inoue (i suppose)
  • Hitori is a parody of Kari Kamiya

Edited by mdnoria
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• DvDivXXX pinned and featured this topic

Thanks for stepping in for Ravi, @bolitho76. Much appreciated!

I have to say, giving the PoA girls to their only objectively bad artist in the current roster is more than fine by me. Makes it much easier to skip the koban path girls until they eventually come back in CbC in many years. ^^

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Right, thanks for reminding me to claim the girls from that track. I was in no particular hurry to upgrade these two since they're done by a mediocre and repetitive artist as I mentioned before, so for once I actually waited in case I got a "get new girl" task or contest, but nope. So time to claim them!

image.png

• Like 2

I'm not into these PoA girls but the event was overall satisfying. I replenished much needed EP orbs as I had emptied my stash earlier this month. I finished the event with mostly natural regen and playing normally. I used about 50 CP from rewards to complete so I have still have plenty of resources to carry over.

image.thumb.png.3c180f97a32f03c22c92b77fb2ecc694.png

• GG 3

• DvDivXXX unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OmerB said:

Are you taking the extra path in PoA events (generally speaking)?

A bit awkward of a bump, but it might be too small of a question to warrant its own dedicated QA thread, and the next PoA is still about 10 days away, so I'll allow it. :ph34r:

---

I used to take the koban path in every PoA for years, as it used to be my favorite event and I used to value most of the stuff behind those 7.2k kobans great value (once upon a time, arguably even the best koban investment in the game), including but not to limited to the two extra girls and, back when they were often of great quality and it was really nice to upgrade all four of them and follow the little stories around the central theme each time.

I had to give up on that a year ago, very reluctantly back then, but with no regret in hindsight. The 3-star girls are usually not as good quality wise as they used to (with exceptions) and I'll catch up with them on CbC in a couple of years or so, now that the super CC(b)C stopped the exponential expansion of the gap between PoA releases and CbC revivals. As for the rest of the extra reward track, a lot of it is a lot less valuable in my situation than it used to be: I don't need all the extra orbs now that I've emptied every pachinko pool, I'm in a pretty good spot with my MG collection so a couple more random rolls aren't worth much for me either, Orange and Purple gems are two of the most plentiful types in the game so a few extra hundreds of these two aren't worth burning kobans either... Fists, Kisses, Energy and even Tickets (now that they're invaluable again) are of course still very useful, but I'm better off spending kobans on refills when I need more of them (and with full control) than shelling out almost one MD worth of kobans on a relatively small stash of each.

TL;DR: For a long long time, yes and that was really useful and enjoyable for me. For the past year or so (and even longer than that, it took me a few months to accept that things had changed) and for the foreseeable future, nope.

I am still taking the paid path of PoA in Hentai Heroes (not in the other games, of course).

BTW @DvDivXXX I still cannot understand how, now that you have a massive influx of kobans by winning most of your leagues and also from being a moderator, you are always saying that you are low in kobans. I am sure you are earning at least 20k more than me each month. Where do you spend such amount if you don't even spend them in PoA?

If you want to compare with me, I always unlock paid path in PoA and PoV, get all mythic and legendary days girls, and spend just enough to get the girls of KC, and only buy the cards in seasonal events when I can use the combativity for mythic days. Other than that I refill a few fights in leagues, and buy very few items in the market with kobans, perhaps Sandalwood sometimes, and with the new meta I stopped buying cordyceps.

• Like 1
  • uwu 1

55 minutes ago, jelom said:

Where do you spend such amount if you don't even spend them in PoA?

In the meantime I am asking myself the same: My koban stock is currently increasing moreless constantly, since I become top 4 every week in league. And I am unlocking every existing payed path/card etc (aside of LR) and getting every LD/MD/R girl.

I get additional kobans from monthly card and season pass, but that's not more than one top 4 in league either. The season pass helps/helped to make some events cheaper, like I never needed to refill a single kiss for KC or PoA. But all this shouldn't be more gains/savings than having 2 league top 4 turned into wins. Ah, and I put about 1k kobans into club bonuses every week after getting league rewards, and up to 300 kobans for x10 CC battles to win CbC day 3, if required, so I never need(ed) to buy LMEs for league.

Currently only extra events like anniversary could shatter my koban finances. Is there something to expect during Christmas/New Year? 😱

• Juicy peach 1

1 hour ago, jelom said:

Where do you spend such amount if you don't even spend them in PoA?

So many things! :ph34r:

Every MD and, until recently, MDR (although I've had to partially skip a few, on top of the Year One MD girls I'm still missing). Every LD (and until a couple months ago, many LDRs too). Koban paths/cards for every PoV, ME and DP. LOTS of refills/refreshes to time my fights strategically in League, and to get enough Books (and less frequently, Gifts) from the Market to max out whoever I need to use each week. x10s for Champions any time I need to make a bunch of champion fights. Quite a few x10s on the GG pachinko until I started having a solid enough set of 42 permanent pieces for my main team (fairly recently). Boosters, too, mostly Mythic ones: I've never stopped having one Alban equipped at all times, and I never will; around 10 SPs a month on average, and a barrage of LMs for the League as well (even though I do earn AMs here and there, unless the current ME format doesn't give points for Season fights, I avoid using them). On rare occasions, I still buy a couple of cordys here and there when I'm all out and I don't get any from my MPx1s.

Admittedly, there's also a number of situations in which I burn extra kobans to speed things up just because I don't have the time and/or the patience to do it the slow-ass way. x50s in some MD(R)s, extra refills or x10s on champs to make the timing work during things like PoA or DP, stuff like that.

On several occasions, I've also burned up to ~10-12k extra kobans specifically to reach the 3rd girl on the old paywalled SE reward track. Hindsight is 20/20 and had I known then that there would eventually be Sapphire Markets and a Laby Shop giving access to those locked girls, in conjunction with the SM Shop (as slow-burn, tight and tricky as the process is)... I probably would have waited for most of them. At the same time, had I done that, I would have more girls in the Sapphire Shop now that it's a thing, and it would probably be impossible to get the ball rolling on all of them.

Plus I still do my best to try and keep an emergency stash on hand for special/surprise expenses such as extra MDRs (like the one coming up soon for Matcha).

On top of that, there were and still are timing issues with my koban sources. I get wins more often in the current meta than ever before, but I still can't plan on getting a win on any given week. As for my mod kobans, once upon a time there was Noacc and he was nice and understanding enough to sometimes credit them a day early if I asked, so that I could use them for an event before it ended. Those days are long gone. During the Tohru era, credits began coming later and later at the beginning of the next month, and asking for a favor such as getting them on the last day of the previous one even occasionally stopped being an option. It's a bit early in the Luna era to know for sure, but things seem to be a bit better and more flexible now, ironically. I mean, I did get my mod kobans on the 5th this month, which is super late, but it was only due to a tech issue that prevented me from getting them on the 1st, which is when she made the credits. Still, I've learned not to count on them for anything crucial. If I had say a 20-30k extra bankroll that I don't need to dip into most of the time, it would be a lot more relaxed and easier to adapt to circumstances and variance. As it is, I basically end most months almost dry. Then I get my mod kobans around the start of the new month, and if I'm lucky a string of D3 wins to smooth things up even further, but that's still basically just enough to cover my monthly budget.

TL;DR: I've never stopped re-investing my kobans constantly to keep up with the meta and the many koban sinks thereof, along with investing kobans into my Top 4s and wins in the League. I haven't yet reached a point where I'm ahead of the pack and I can profit and save up kobans for a rainy day. Although, fingers crossed and pending the next inevitable meta-shaking update with an instant P2W shortcut for whales, I feel like I'm pretty close to getting there now. But it's recent and a bit fragile, still.

I might be better off taking a top 15 and chill approach and letting the meta roll over me until I'm almost catching up right before it changes again, but that's not the type of player I am. ^^

23 minutes ago, Horsting said:

I get additional kobans from monthly card and season pass, but that's not more than one top 4 in league either.

That's a very common misconception that only those who do pay for these monthly subscriptions tend to have. It's not the first time it comes up in your particular case, either. The amount of value and convenience you get for the real-money you inject in the game monthly is so much more than just a set amount of extra kobans you can guesstimate like that! You no longer realize it because you're too used to it; until someone or something makes you notice it again, temporarily, as happened several times with me and others in discussions about Light Bulbs and other things. I used to make fun of Sly back in the day for using that phrase unironically: "I'm F2P, except for the Season Pass"... It always rubbed me the wrong way. It's not exclusive to Kinkoid games either, this is fairly human and understandable that people get used to what they have and lose sight of how it differs from what others get.

And I don't mean this in a bad way either: you're giving back to the devs and helping the community by investing real money into the game we all love, and thank you for that. Just please, don't forget that you do have a slew of advantages compared to someone actually F2P, or even to someone who gets more or roughly as many kobans as you do from other sources (such as me with my mod kobans). You do pay for these advantages and it's great that you get to enjoy them, but you should fully understand and acknowledge all of them before trying to estimate the feasibility of stuff for people who don't have them.

• Like 1
  • uwu 1