[January 29th, 2024] MDR #36 – Nike

Like , @Methos2 , I went for Nike because she is gorgeous.

However she was my hardest one. i almost did nt get her.

I dont know if it is a bug from KK or not but the drops were terrible wi th jackson crew while they were normal with Ninja spy.

i started with 10 shards from her original event and got 2 shards and the others with 4 SP.

i used : 

with jackson crew : 337 CP - 8 drops  - drop rate  2.37%

with ninja spy :  556 CP - 38 drops - drop rate 6.83 %

Total : 893 CP (203 free)- drop rate : 5.15%

Spendings : 360 nubans for 4 SP + 1274 for refills = 1634 nubans (9804 kobans) 

I am left without free cp and without nubans ; both moe bunny and Nike drained all my resources. Too bad this month wasnt a SE.

I wont participate in the next MD because of that.

nike.JPG

• Hug 3
  • GG 4

The change in monthly planning and schedule for MDRs (and a few other things) was a completely unannounced move from Kinkoid until the last minute and, for some of the changes, you could even say after the fact. It's not that the new plan isn't better overall (it actually is), it's that such a big change without any heads-up about it was really bad for a lot of players (myself definitely included).

On the plus side, at least we have a relatively clear calendar again (starting from February). And also two monthly MDRs instead of one, going back from the first generation Mythics that hadn't already gotten a revival in the July/August or December/January special months over the past few years. That's great.

What sucks is that it was never announced or even hinted at and, even worse, as Rosso was quoted mentioning "Moe Bunny is still in high demand" a few weeks ago on Discord when someone asked about any upcoming MDR(s), and no mention of another one, we were reasonably led to expect that January would follow in December's footsteps with ONE special MDR for a Year One girl, and then the regular "12 months ago..." MDR for Lunar Bunny's Mom, just like we had Matcha's MDR and then the regular monthly MDR last month.

On top of that, they inexplicably skipped over Level Up Red from the chronological order and went straight from Moe Bunny to Nike. It seems like a mistake (and it was on the same day that a regular CbC was launched for Cheer Ruriko, who had already been revived in December's CCbC, another clear mistake).

In my particular situation, since I'm missing Nike but not Level Up Red, and I had already thrown every last bit of koban and resource I had for January for Moe Bunny's MDR (among other things), as I legit didn't expect another MDR that would be relevant to me in January... Well, this sucks. I don't doubt that they'll "rectify" this scheduling error by giving Level Up Red her own MDR soon-ish to appease those who are missing her and were disappointed she got skipped. But they're not likely to give Nike another MDR soon to make up for this one coming as a total surprise for those of us who wanted Nike, but didn't have the resources on hand and didn't expect her to get revived so soon.

I grabbed what I could, 24 shards. Better than nothing on paper, and it will be relevant in who knows how many years when Nike gets another revival, I guess. But I'm still pretty disappointed by the poor communication and sudden change of scheduling for something that big.

• Hug 6

2 hours ago, Kissmydick said:

cant wait for 7 star girls to completely blow them away

I can not even imagine how on earth I would be able to Level up those.
Right now, mostly all resources go into the mythics, leaving nearly nothing to put in some needed L5.

It was more than once, that I spent so much XP and Aff, the remaining stuff was about only a few thousands left.

Guess we would many more events to get all the needed stuff.

3 hours ago, Kissmydick said:

3 chances for mythic girls a month

starting to be not quite as exclusive of a resource

Yes and no. It still costs ~10k kobans to grab one, and then a month worth of market items to max her out. Plus two of the three will be revivals. Only relatively new players will have none of them every month, and unless they're whaling it out pretty hard from the get-go, there's absolutely no way to afford 3 MDs a month (along with everything else).

So it's still quite exclusive. Especially if you consider any given mythic in particular, even with two concurrent cycles of revivals, the total number of mythics is large enough already that if you want a specific mythic it could easily take years for her to get a revival (case in point: the one we just had a few days ago: Nike).  And every month a new one gets added to the pool.

Having a single or even a handful of mythics was never meant to be an exclusive privilege reserved for the elite. Having the whole collection of them, though? That's a very different story. Or even having most of them, to be honest.

Power creep has definitely occurred plenty of times in this game, especially for the highly competitive PvP side of things. But I honestly don't think they could power creep Mythics outright. The power of a player's account comes from a lot of different sources these days, and every time a layer gets added, the overall power ceiling goes up naturally. They don't need to make girls themselves stronger when how strong a team is varies wildly from player to player, even if they have the exact same team of 7 girls all maxed out. It depends on the (Hero) MG pieces and sets (or lack thereof) a player has available (and can afford to max out), how many light bulbs (especially for Mythics), how many and what quality and type of GG pieces, and so on. And of course, there's always the weekly meta shaker that Blessings can be: the more complete (and maxed out) the collection, the stronger the player's potential from week to week.

I think we're not going to see flat out power creep as we used to in the simpler days of grabbing three L5s (of your hero's class) and calling it a day for PvP. In hindsight it's not surprising that they kept pushing new girls with more stats overall, or with a higher main stat than the others, and so on, back then. It was necessary to make them worth adding to a team (for gameplay purposes; of course gotta catch 'em all for enjoyment alone is always a valid thing too). Otherwise, you could just keep the same three L5s as your permanent team forever and stay competitive (if your account was high level, aka old and active enough). Even in the first year or so of Mythics, this hadn't really changed: you just had to grab three M6s (of your hero's class) to upgrade your team from the three L5s you were using before.

With Elements, Girl Skills, a gazillion different attributes that Blessings can select to buff girls every week, the massive and very long-term investment (and/or very deep pockets) required for Girl Gear, and all the meta changes due to some specific teams slowly but surely becoming options with a lot more synergy than others... Yeah, we're way past the stage where grabbing a handful of strong girls is enough to compete at high level.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 3

On 2/1/2024 at 2:11 PM, DvDivXXX said:

The change in monthly planning and schedule for MDRs (and a few other things) was a completely unannounced move from Kinkoid until the last minute and, for some of the changes, you could even say after the fact. It's not that the new plan isn't better overall (it actually is), it's that such a big change without any heads-up about it was really bad for a lot of players (myself definitely included).

On the plus side, at least we have a relatively clear calendar again (starting from February). And also two monthly MDRs instead of one, going back from the first generation Mythics that hadn't already gotten a revival in the July/August or December/January special months over the past few years. That's great.

What sucks is that it was never announced or even hinted at and, even worse, as Rosso was quoted mentioning "Moe Bunny is still in high demand" a few weeks ago on Discord when someone asked about any upcoming MDR(s), and no mention of another one, we were reasonably led to expect that January would follow in December's footsteps with ONE special MDR for a Year One girl, and then the regular "12 months ago..." MDR for Lunar Bunny's Mom, just like we had Matcha's MDR and then the regular monthly MDR last month.

On top of that, they inexplicably skipped over Level Up Red from the chronological order and went straight from Moe Bunny to Nike. It seems like a mistake (and it was on the same day that a regular CbC was launched for Cheer Ruriko, who had already been revived in December's CCbC, another clear mistake).

In my particular situation, since I'm missing Nike but not Level Up Red, and I had already thrown every last bit of koban and resource I had for January for Moe Bunny's MDR (among other things), as I legit didn't expect another MDR that would be relevant to me in January... Well, this sucks. I don't doubt that they'll "rectify" this scheduling error by giving Level Up Red her own MDR soon-ish to appease those who are missing her and were disappointed she got skipped. But they're not likely to give Nike another MDR soon to make up for this one coming as a total surprise for those of us who wanted Nike, but didn't have the resources on hand and didn't expect her to get revived so soon.

I grabbed what I could, 24 shards. Better than nothing on paper, and it will be relevant in who knows how many years when Nike gets another revival, I guess. But I'm still pretty disappointed by the poor communication and sudden change of scheduling for something that big.

If they had stayed with the original schedule, I would've taken the extra path of the Lusty race (as I'm missing only 2-3 of the newer Mythic girls), but as it went back to the older girls, from which I had none, I needed to keep my kobans. I don't mind so much, though. I like to have the chance to get missing Mythic girls, than adding a few more L5 to my harem.

• Like 1