Questions about the daily "visit ..." offer

I've been wondering, is it just a coincidence that the two daily popups for CxH and PSH are now perfectly lined up with the daily reset? Or is it a QoL improvement they've made in the latest patch (but forgot to mention)?

Am I the only one or is it global?

(For context, my own 24-hour timer for these was not far behind the daily reset until a couple days ago, but now it's exactly at reset time on the dot).

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I've been wondering, is it just a coincidence that the two daily popups for CxH and PSH are now perfectly lined up with the daily reset? Or is it a QoL improvement they've made in the latest patch (but forgot to mention)?

Am I the only one or is it global?

They "pop-up" 24 hours after the last time that you claimed them, so it's just a coincidence at your side, not a global thingy.

This question is more suited to the Q&A section, so open a new post with your newbie questions there next time 😛

Edited by OmerB
  • Haha 5
  • Thinking 1

The timer for the popups starts at the time you activate them and last 24h - so it's more a coinicidence.

My situartion is that I slowly go near the reset time (at the moment -50min, yesterday -51min).

Edit: :ph34r: Got ninjaed by OmerB

• Like 2

Thanks, guys. Okay, well that's how these have always worked so far, so no change then.

Pretty neat that I ended up locking them at reset time, but if it's still floating around it means that all it takes is one day I can't log in until the evening instead of lunch time and my timer will move to the evening instead, and so on. I was hoping this wasn't just a lucky coincidence on my end, and that they had made the same thing as with all the free spins for pachinko (lining them up with reset time).

I guess beggars can't be choosers, and the daily 60 kobans from the ads aren't technically a feature of the game itself, but just promo offers (though by now we're all aware of what they advertise ^^ so it's more about getting paid in in-game currency for boosting the traffic to their other sites).

Anyways. That was comic gold right there, Omer! ^^ Love you. <3

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thanks, guys. Okay, well that's how these have always worked so far, so no change then.

Pretty neat that I ended up locking them at reset time, but if it's still floating around it means that all it takes is one day I can't log in until the evening instead of lunch time and my timer will move to the evening instead, and so on.

I was hoping this wasn't just a lucky coincidence on my end, and that they had made the same thing as with all the free spins for pachinko (lining them up with reset time). I guess beggars can't be choosers, and the daily 60 kobans from the ads aren't technically a feature of the game itself, but just promo offers (though by now we're all aware of what they advertise ^^ so it's more about getting paid in in-game currency for boosting the traffic to their other sites).

Anyways. That was comic gold right there, Omer! ^^ Love you. ❤️

I suggested the same on Discord - to get these promo "offers" once a day, on a daily basis, at a fixed time.
Edit: Phew, I dodged a ban bullet this time 😅

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 2

Actually, now that I think about it, beyond our convenience, there's a clear reason why it's better for them that the popups don't show up for everyone at the same time. Since the whole point is to send extra traffic to CxH and PSH (and vice versa), a pretty evenly spread-out distribution of that extra traffic must be better than one big spike at exactly reset time every day.

So I think it's unlikely they would want to change that, on second thought. And that makes sense to me. It's still free kobans for us every day, even if it could be more convenient.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

that extra traffic must be better than one big spike at exactly reset time every day

Actually I guess it only causes traffic from those, who click on the "visit" button.
Don't think it should do that if you just close the popups and then collect.

This way you save some time and the annoying "You visit your Club from another Window".

• Thinking 3

12 minutes ago, Der DinX said:

Actually I guess it only causes traffic from those, who click on the "visit" button.
Don't think it should do that if you just close the popups and then collect.

I'm not 100% sure, but I've always assumed once you've clicked on "Visit" to trigger the link, it counts as +1 visit for the target site, even if you close the new tab immediately. Otherwise, indeed, we're not actually helping them boost traffic by collecting these kobans... Which would make me feel kind of bad, tbh. :/

Should I let each site load fully before closing their tab (if I want to help out Kinkoid)?

Some of the code wizards among us would definitely have a better understanding of how it works and be able to make at least an educated guess.

• Like 1

I am quite sure it is the outgoing link click which triggers the reward, not the incoming visit on the other site. In any case, I am not sure in how far the traffic would help anyway. Despite not having a monthly card, I do not see any advertisement on PSG and CxH either. Given the crappy hardware/bandwidth KK uses, we actually help them more when keeping the traffic at a minimum 😄.

I guess the daily kobans were meant as an initial motivation and reminder to start/keep playing and hopefully playing for the clones as well on a daily basis, not to generate traffic in particular.

As said in another context, I do not believe that a small game studio like this has some kind of external investors which need to be made happy with artificially blown traffic numbers. There are no large invests required to run/maintain an online game like this, once it is up, and the owners like Rosso (?) should know about this artificial, meaningless bounced visits between the clones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, garadron said:

it might help them on Nutaku where higher activity might bump the games higher on the overall game list maybe? make them seem more popular in the algorythm

That is indeed possible. Not the overall amount of traffic/activity will be relevant (developers could just artificially cause lots of dummy requests or split them apart), but likely the amount of daily active players. And having every daily active HH player automatically a daily active PSH player, vice versa, of course pushes all those clones then.

... ah, but Nutaku hosts HH only, not CxH and PSH, is it? And CxH.com and PSH.com link to HH.com, not Nutaku, as long as this is not somehow magically bent based on 3rd party cookies or so.

Not sure if it works, because I play the games anyway, but all I do is click on th "X" to close the Ad.

image.png.56cccd046929712b90b53c751b44954b.png

Than reload the page for the second Ad, close that one too and collect the stuff at sex friends.

This way there is no need to load and visit a second page, so there isn't much traffic at all.

It works in all three games for me.

------

image.png.05944dec34588f438fa8cb958f68d408.png    From PsH after just closing the Ads, they appear in Sex Friend Menu.

Edited by Der DinX
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Hug 1
  • Surprised :O 1

Ah okay, then raising the daily active players for all clones is a good theory for the daily sex friends rewards.

55 minutes ago, Der DinX said:

all I do is click on th "X" to close the Ad.

Ah, I never recognised that one. It contradicts the theory a little, but probably clever to rule out any complains. With hotkeys or (Opera) mouse gestures, the new window is closed in a blink of a second, faster than the additional route to the sex friends page. But for those who have issues with two open tabs, a nice alternative.

• Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Der DinX said:

Not sure if it works, because I play the games anyway, but all I do is click on th "X" to close the Ad.

image.png.56cccd046929712b90b53c751b44954b.png

Than reload the page for the second Ad, close that one too and collect the stuff at sex friends.

This way there is no need to load and visit a second page, so there isn't much traffic at all.

It works in all three games for me.

What? So you get the reward even if you're closing the ad and not clicking on it / opening the other site? 😲

Edited by OmerB

Yeah, it seems a bit weird to me too. I mean, for proper (bigger) Sex Friends promotions, we definitely need to visit the partner site (and sometimes register an account for it too). I would never have guessed that closing the ad (which normally means "no, thanks, I won't take this offer") would still grant you the rewards from the Sex Friends menu.

6 hours ago, OmerB said:

What? So you get the reward even if you're closing the ad and not clicking on it / opening the other site? 😲

It never worked for me on mobile. Sometimes i cant get it to work there so i just close it. When closing it never didnt get the notice for koban gift.