Legendary Days Discussion

7 minutes ago, mc004 said:

I'm at the point where I get them with low chance. Still, never had an issue with events. It's not only this time I was unlucky, but events worked in a reliable way. Except this one. Just try to explain it. We are past 40 pages of complaints. 

the only problem with this 4-day event the players really have is the promotion.
"she might not return" and "the very first legendary girl".
players got hyped, and took their past experiences into this event, only to get shocked that it didn't go their way this time.
they fooled themselves into a false sense of security regarding event girl drops, and paid the prize with their kobans.

now what is problematic is when players paid real money for a lot of refills, and then didn't get her.
those are the real complaints, and I'm sure Kinkoid will take that very seriously.

all the rest is just a biased salt mine spouting all the salt into the world.
they let their emotions take their decisions, and that's never the right way to go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

they fooled themselves into a false sense of security

I don't fully agree. People who didn't use refills didn't get her, people who used a lot of refills didn't get her. What else could people do? There was no winning choice. It was purely random. And they made sure to tell us that we ABSOLUTELY NEED this girl or else. This is a classic cash in.

1 minute ago, mc004 said:

I don't fully agree. People who didn't use refills didn't get her, people who used a lot of refills didn't get her. What else could people do? There was no winning choice. It was purely random. And they made sure to tell us that we ABSOLUTELY NEED this girl or else. This is a classic cash in.

If you believe marketing tricks, you are fooling yourself 9_9
Also, there are also people not using refills that did get her, and people using refills that did get her.
That's the RNG nature of the game.
It's everywhere, and exactly that is why you always need to keep yourself level headed before you plunge yourself into despair and frustration.

• Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

the only problem with this 4-day event the players really have is the promotion.
players got hyped, and took their past experiences into this event, only to get shocked that it didn't go their way this time.
they fooled themselves into a false sense of security regarding event girl drops, and paid the prize with their kobans.

now what is problematic is when players paid real money for a lot of refills, and then didn't get her.
those are the real complaints, and I'm sure Kinkoid will take that very seriously.

they let their emotions take their decisions, and that's never the right way to go.

Hahaha.  Yes, you are right on the button!  I was in tears of laughter over some of the posts and I'm tempted to cut and paste them all into InDesign to create a 'memory' album of howlers.  Spike Milligan once wrote:  "There are none so funny as those who take themselves too seriously".  Right on.  I could add: "There are none so funny as those who can't see why they're so funny!"  As I said, in my HC accounts I spent kobans and got sucked in by all the hype too, but only after someone posted her HC stats.  I take it all on the chin and accept the fact that I'll miss out on Epic Pachinko for the next event.  C'est la vie!

12 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

If you believe marketing tricks, you are fooling yourself 9_9
Also, there are also people not using refills that did get her, and people using refills that did get her.
That's the RNG nature of the game.
It's everywhere, and exactly that is why you always need to keep yourself level headed before you plunge yourself into despair and frustration.

I'm kinda confused that everyone thinks this is a normal game. It's not. Don't compare it to legit video games, especially not MMOs. This is just a bunch of erotic images and stories. The monthly card was a good idea, basically the same as a patreon sub. That should mean content. Not marketing tricks and shit like that. I want to collect these girls because of the artwork. I guess this "game" is not for me then. Please delete my account. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I apologise... And I apologise for bragging.  I appreciate, in retrospect, that I was insensitive to those desperate to get this girl and who failed (often spending real money to buy kobans so they could refill combativity).

30 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Hahaha.  Yes, you are right on the button!  I was in tears of laughter over some of the posts and I'm tempted to cut and paste them all into InDesign to create a 'memory' album of howlers. 

I'm confused! Which one is it?

Edited by dirty harry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

i agree, these information and the company rule not to give any hint about the drop rates, this drives lot of players to use more kobans then they would use normally. but on the other hand they told us this was a general test and for more events of same kind. yes lot of ppl get disappointed and it doenst help at all if kinkoid says: "we will make it better next time". 

also that they didnt admit failurs like the bug in the first 2h (and ofc no compensation for it) make lot of players angry. for me they did 2 mistake: 1. they didnt test it before the release 2. they spred false imformation 3. they just went on holidays (weekend) without any statement so everybody need to wait till the normal office time. a little statement would have be nice 

but i must says: this is a legendary girl. so that not everybody get it, should be normal, if u spent already lot of money and still keep doing it players should reconsider themself if this would make sense because there is no garantee. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

I'm confused! Which one is it?

Don't worry.  Mine would be included among all the others in the cut and paste!  I won't selectively 'edit' them out - that is if I go ahead with it.  It could make a really good psychology thesis topic and data base.  I probably won't do it for privacy reasons, but I'm sure tempted.  I'm into self-effacing humour as my nickname in this account suggests.

10 hours ago, mc004 said:

I'm kinda confused that everyone thinks this is a normal game. It's not. Don't compare it to legit video games, especially not MMOs. This is just a bunch of erotic images and stories. The monthly card was a good idea, basically the same as a patreon sub. That should mean content. Not marketing tricks and shit like that. I want to collect these girls because of the artwork. I guess this "game" is not for me then. Please delete my account. 

so why don't we make everything available at one push of the button?
now wouldn't that be fun!

it's not a normal game indeed, it's an 18+ gotta get them all collector game with a far smaller budget and team than the games  you want to compare it with.
and don't act as if those big company games don't use cheap marketing tricks in order to extract money from you.
Kinkoid will take the relevant feedback from this thread and they will try to improve for a possible next legendary girl event.

Edited by Chthugha
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

11 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I'm into self-effacing humour as my nickname in this account suggests.

That I can relate to.:P

But If you're truly apologetic and want to show your sensitive side you realise that - righteous or not, logical or not, realistic or not - a lot of ppl are still hurting over this event and an expose on them would not be respectful.

Edited by dirty harry
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

On the whole I agree with you on the topic of people who didn't get her. However, it should be taken into account the vastly increased number of people who didn't get her. (I'm not going to keep repeating myself on the topic of "rarity" so if your response includes that, please refer to my earlier posts)

I am aware that the forum posts are not a reliable method of determining the percentage that didn't get her, they are generally indicative though. And the only ones that know the true percentage are the devs... I doubt they will tell and definitely won't admit fault.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chthugha said:

so why don't we make everything available at one push of the button?
now wouldn't that be fun!

it's not a normal game indeed, it's an 18+ gotta get them all collector game with a far smaller budget and team than the games  you want to compare it with.
and don't act as if those big company games don't use cheap marketing tricks in order to extract money from you.
Kinkoid will take the relevenat feedback from this thread and they will try to improve for a possible next legendary girl event.

Absolutely true!  Lots of games I know (R18 or not) use all sorts of tricks to get us to spend money, such as to hook you into the game with early successes only to dramatically slow things down unless you buy 'speedups' or 'diamonds/crystals', whatever they deem them.  So far HH hasn't done this, but I fear the temptation might be there for the developers to do so in future.

As for your 'small team' comment... They have had remarkable achievements when all is considered.  I will make one (hopefully constructive) criticism, however... The weak, frankly daft, non-credible and poorly connected scripts let the great artwork down and I've been really disappointed in some of what they've produced when there was an opportunity to do something really special, especially to advance the story to another level.  Two examples:  Loving Justine's same-old, same-old affection scenes (despite beautiful artwork where she is now actually really lovely and sexy, and in the context of Valentine's Day too) and the non-development of Lenaelle's character (I won't explain this for fear of spoiling it, but many players will get what I mean when they reach the end of the current quest).  I think the rush to get the quests completed for Plain of Rituals in the face of so many competing pressures on artists'/writers' time and resources overwhelmed the team and something had to give (and in this case it was storyline and editing).

Small team aside, someone independent (maybe a contracted sub-editor) needs to peruse the script drafts for content, spelling and grammatical errors because these can actually ruin the enjoyment of the dialogue.  I have mentioned this in the past, and quoted specific examples, but nothing has been done about them so far.  It would be a very small thing to improve but it would make an enormously positive impact if they do.  I sincerely hope they take note.

23 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

That I can relate to.:P

But If you're truly apologetic and want to show your sensitive side you realise that - righteous or not, logical or not, realistic or not - a lot of ppl are still hurting over this event and an expose on them would not be respectful.

Yes, they are, and I've reached out to them from another account.  It's terrible what happened to them.  But you know what?  Sadly, HH  won't care a toss, but what they will do is undertake a psychometric analysis of all the comments and see if they can learn how they reflect our behaviour and response to all the hype that went with this so-called event.  I think it will result in more of the same because, for them, the 'event' must be regarded as a roaring success.  For this reason I independently decided it would be dreadfully immoral to exploit those who suffered and missed out for my own ends so I will not be doing a cut-and-paste.  Sorry, but I still laugh about it though... and about my own part in it.  I had a nightmare about this event and Levitya that I shared with people.  It was terrible and sexy at the same time and showed just how much I was 'zombiefied' by my relentless attempts to win her in my HC accounts.  I became very sleep-deprived and the game was probably somewhat hallucinogenic.

Part of it seems to be that she was pushed as some sort of legendary chick. She is the best for HC players but in the global scheme of things once you consider items and market bought stats, she only accounts for a few percentage points of extra HC. You get more umph from finding a legendary single stat item which is extremely rare and also RNG based. Never mind that from what it seems most of ye are not exactly trying to maximize your abilities.

If you don't care about combat and just want to collect, 1: unless you are plowing huge money into the game I doubt anyone gets all the event girls plus all the event panchiko girls. Missing a girl is just a thing. In that case her legendary tag doesn't mean she is legendary, she really is just one more chick you didn't get.

As for missing money from going darklord vs finalwhatsherface. Sure if you are REALLY unlucky and needed 1000 combats [I needed 391 and that seemed to be fairly high on the suck end] you would be out about 25 million. However if you didn't use those kobans there you would have probably used them on epic pan and gotten some crap girl and some legendary items most of which would either be useless rainbow or not your stat. Also in the greater scheme, 25 million will only get a 20th level girl half way to 5 star if you have to buy affection items and at the end of the day in my case having avoided getting girls I will get only 4 plus 20 level girls [5 with legend] to have to level up to 5 stars.

Sucks, sure. As badly as the holocaust or a Justin Beiber concert. No.

I am glad I got her, if I didn't, yeah I would have been pissed off but running through the numbers it isn't the end of the world, it sure as hell isn't a reason to want to die. She is good but she really isn't legendary, more epic.

However I will state, passing out goodies like that based on limited time RNG isn't the way to do it. Single stat legendary items might also be RNG but there is no time limit on them and as you go up in level they lose their shine compared to epic one stat items. Bad game design.

Yeah I've said most of this before but it needs repeating.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Some other guy said:

Part of it seems to be that she was pushed as some sort of legendary chick. She is the best for HC players but in the global scheme of things once you consider items and market bought stats, she only accounts for a few percentage points of extra HC. You get more umph from finding a legendary single stat item which is extremely rare and also RNG based. Never mind that from what it seems most of ye are not exactly trying to maximize your abilities.

If you don't care about combat and just want to collect, 1: unless you are plowing huge money into the game I doubt anyone gets all the event girls plus all the event panchiko girls. Missing a girl is just a thing. In that case her legendary tag doesn't mean she is legendary, she really is just one more chick you didn't get.

As for missing money from going darklord vs finalwhatsherface. Sure if you are REALLY unlucky and needed 1000 combats [I needed 391 and that seemed to be fairly high on the suck end] you would be out about 25 million. However if you didn't use those kobans there you would have probably used them on epic pan and gotten some crap girl and some legendary items most of which would either be useless rainbow or not your stat. Also in the greater scheme, 25 million will only get a 20th level girl half way to 5 star if you have to buy affection items and at the end of the day in my case having avoided getting girls I will get only 4 plus 20 level girls [5 with legend] to have to level up to 5 stars.

Sucks, sure. As badly as the holocaust or a Justin Beiber concert. No.

I am glad I got her, if I didn't, yeah I would have been pissed off but running through the numbers it isn't the end of the world, it sure as hell isn't a reason to want to die. She is good but she really isn't legendary, more epic.

However I will state, passing out goodies like that based on limited time RNG isn't the way to do it. Single stat legendary items might also be RNG but there is no time limit on them and as you go up in level they lose their shine compared to epic one stat items. Bad game design.

Yeah I've said most of this before but it needs repeating.

I'm glad you did because I took notice of you.  Thanks.

As far as the arena is concerned, I'm definitely in the 'win some, lose some' category and I don't really care that much.  My girls' stats and my equipment are enough for me to get by but not much more.  There is a lot about the reward system overall that doesn't make sense.  An example is in the arena if you have bothered to max out your girls' XP and use fully 3 or 5 star girls (and others on an upgrade button).  If you do that you get penalised for good harem maintenance by denied the promised aff or XP bonuses for wins.  This is so stupid and it's not fair.  I've cottoned on to this, though.  For my omega girl, I put in someone yet to be maxed out and use my arena wins to upgrade her.  So far so good and there hasn't been much of a penalty to my performances.  However, the rewards are so infinitissimal that it's equivalent to building a wall one horizontal paint layer at a time.  It wouldn't hurt to be just a little more generous.  In one case though, when I had all three girls to max out, I had such a great run of luck I got up to near 800 aff points which was not to be sneezed at, but this dream run was rare indeed and came to an abrupt end when the girls were finally maxed out.  I still won quite a lot, but lost out on all the bonuses.

15 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Yes, they are, and I've reached out to them from another account.  It's terrible what happened to them.  But you know what?  Sadly, HH  won't care a toss, but what they will do is undertake a psychometric analysis of all the comments and see if they can learn how they reflect our behaviour and response to all the hype that went with this so-called event.  I think it will result in more of the same because, for them, the 'event' must be regarded as a roaring success.  For this reason I independently decided it would be dreadfully immoral to exploit those who suffered and missed out for my own ends so I will not be doing a cut-and-paste.  Sorry, but I still laugh about it though... and about my own part in it.  I had a nightmare about this event and Levitya that I shared with people.  It was terrible and sexy at the same time and showed just how much I was 'zombiefied' by my relentless attempts to win her in my HC accounts.  I became very sleep-deprived and the game was probably somewhat hallucinogenic.

Firstly:

If they need  a writer to improve on grammar as you suggested  the Kinkoid team may be too small to do a full psychometric analysis. That's something more akin to the bigger gamehouses  anyway and even they get it terribly wrong sometimes. I think Kinkoid will rely more on Jessie Chan's intuition and conversational skills and may be getting very good results from that.

Though the suggestion by many that the devs don't read this may be right - Heck, they've got a lot on their mind - I'm sure that through Jessie and Shidou and possibly others they will hear about the grievances and will take them into account. (Which does NOT mean that everyone get all they want.)

Why would they listen? Simple! It's in their own best interest to keep the customers happy. They may have floundered (a bit) on their first try with this event but hey, so did the Wright brothers. Live and learn.;)

Secondly:

As for storytelling: I read your nightmare story and it was a good story9_9. That it didn't get an appropriate response might lie in the fact you were in a room with peeved people that at that time had absolutely no ears for that. Don't let that stop you from writing more. Just be careful when and where to publish.

Keep playing, have fun, play nice:P

31 minutes ago, Some other guy said:

Sure it's not so bad for this one 4 day event.

Now add on the 7 days for revival events.

Now add on the 14 days for regular events.

Now repeat that for every month of the year.

Do you get the picture yet, or is it still not obvious enough for you?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Asherandai said:

Sure it's not so bad for this one 4 day event.

Now add on the 7 days for revival events.

Now add on the 14 days for regular events.

Now repeat that for every month of the year.

Do you get the picture yet, or is it still not obvious enough for you?

Damn right. What's the point of getting more girls if you can't even level their affection up and get the contents that should be the main part of the game?

Event's over so I thought I'd throw in my two  cents on this event. 

It sucked. I got Levitya. Only had to refill battle meter three times. I refilled more for past event girls without complaint so I'm not being a salt mill. This event felt more rushed, less fun and more forced due to the way devs hyped it. The extremely short window of time and the way the devs hyped it made it far more anxiety-inducing than fun like previous events - even those with short windows (like the revival with the three girls on different trolls; it was very short and you had three girls to try and get lucky with - it was still fun and I didn't feel harried spending kobans on the girls). I'm not a gambler, so pushing me into an anxious state just makes me less likely to play/spend money. After the three day trial card thing I was going to get a permanent monthly thing (or sub to patreon), but if the way this event was pushed is how future events will be handled I won't be doing it. I don't pay to be made to feel anxious in a relaxing smut game. 

I also found the lack of any changes to the scenery really off-putting. If it's an event, do something besides just throwing a girl on the weakest boss possible. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tat said:

Event's over so I thought I'd throw in my two  cents on this event. 

It sucked. I got Levitya. Only had to refill battle meter three times. I refilled more for past event girls without complaint so I'm not being a salt mill. This event felt more rushed, less fun and more forced due to the way devs hyped it. The extremely short window of time and the way the devs hyped it made it far more anxiety-inducing than fun like previous events - even those with short windows (like the revival with the three girls on different trolls; it was very short and you had three girls to try and get lucky with - it was still fun and I didn't feel harried spending kobans on the girls). I'm not a gambler, so pushing me into an anxious state just makes me less likely to play/spend money. After the three day trial card thing I was going to get a permanent monthly thing (or sub to patreon), but if the way this event was pushed is how future events will be handled I won't be doing it. I don't pay to be made to feel anxious in a relaxing smut game. 

I also found the lack of any changes to the scenery really off-putting. If it's an event, do something besides just throwing a girl on the weakest boss possible. 

Perfectly said my friend. I was thinking monthly card for me as well because of the convenient button to collect but after the event I am not. 

3 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

Firstly:

If they need  a writer to improve on grammar as you suggested  the Kinkoid team may be too small to do a full psychometric analysis. That's something more akin to the bigger gamehouses  anyway and even they get it terribly wrong sometimes. I think Kinkoid will rely more on Jessie Chan's intuition and conversational skills and may be getting very good results from that.

Though the suggestion by many that the devs don't read this may be right - Heck, they've got a lot on their mind - I'm sure that through Jessie and Shidou and possibly others they will hear about the grievances and will take them into account. (Which does NOT mean that everyone get all they want.)

Why would they listen? Simple! It's in their own best interest to keep the customers happy. They may have floundered (a bit) on their first try with this event but hey, so did the Wright brothers. Live and learn.;)

Secondly:

As for storytelling: I read your nightmare story and it was a good story9_9. That it didn't get an appropriate response might lie in the fact you were in a room with peeved people that at that time had absolutely no ears for that. Don't let that stop you from writing more. Just be careful when and where to publish.

Keep playing, have fun, play nice:P

Thanks mate!  Yes, that's the thing about humans and emotional stress.  Not the best time to engage with anybody, but it was proper that you pointed this out, but I hoped my self-effacing humour might cheer a few people up.  The amazing thing is that it was true!

Re. the storyline and editing... Heck, I could do that for them for free!  It shouldn't be that complicated, small team or not, and, as I said, the outcome would be overwhelmingly positive.

You mentioned Jesse Chan.  As a woman she's in the perfect position to offer help from a female's perspective, as how a woman would actually see things is perhaps the greatest weakness in the game as it currently is.  Hentai games do NOT have to be all porn (or even a little bit).  They can be very romantic and be highly erotic at the same time - but real and identifiable for just about all of us, yet still with full-on sex and nudity (but with a building up to this in a way we can anticipate suspensefully - and in a way that includes a woman's perspective on love and sex, because this is usually very different from a man's).  This can be the ultimate turn-on for most guys who do not subscribe to 'women-as-sex-objects'.

I mean, HH have proven they can do it.  Did you read the Loving Moments daily mission scripts for Bunny?  They were actually really sweet and it was apparent she really does love him a lot - plus the fact that she always seems to turn up when our hero needs her the most (the 'love is as love does' adage).  Also, the affection scenes for Loving Arcana almost got there, plus the fact that her artwork was super outstanding and she was drawn as incredibly and mysteriously beautiful and sensual, with just the most lucious lips of any of the girls.  This can't be a spoiler by the way because this event has long passed.

I'm not saying ditch the Hentai... No way.  But I am suggesting a more rounded and developed story with a lot of twists and turns that would engage a wider range of interest among players.  In three accounts I manage these belong to the females of this household.  They loved the thrilling way the girls drop (the greatest highlight in the game for me too), but were underwhelmed (and mostly disgusted) by the story and the routinely cum-covered 'princesses'.  So they chucked their accounts my way.  One is very into Everlasting Summer (Nutaku version), including the outstanding Sergey Eybog music score that is such a standout in this game.  Regarding the oft-mentioned cumming from the nipples featured in some of the scenes.  It does happen.  I saw it in a video featuring Japanese porn star Sakura Aida, so it is not a total exageration.

2 minutes ago, Tat said:

This point was missed amongst all of the criticism, with the main focus being on the girl's horrible drop rate, the inability to get her without dumb luck, and her being placed (again) on Dark Lord.

But this other point is that this was not, in any sense, an event.  No theme.  No costume for the trolls.  No artwork for the town.  No theme-based missions.  No mission based rewards.  This was not an event, it was just a girl.  How sloppy can you get?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YoyoHH said:

This point was missed amongst all of the criticism, with the main focus being on the girl's horrible drop rate, the inability to get her without dumb luck, and her being placed (again) on Dark Lord.

But this other point is that this was not, in any sense, an event.  No theme.  No costume for the trolls.  No artwork for the town.  No theme-based missions.  No mission based rewards.  This was not an event, it was just a girl.  How sloppy can you get?

It was test to see how the community would react to obvious cash grab events. They made their big money now and will likely do it again with a charm and know-how girl with even lower rates. 

7 hours ago, Adrian'smole said:

Yeah, there've been winners and losers, as per usual.  I use 6 accounts (3 mine) and I got her in 4 of them - all of these know-how.  No luck at all in the hardcore accounts, where I DID actually spend kobans for refills).  It was like a weird cosmic conspiracy, but I know it was just pure luck.  Yes, we were both really lucky.  You have to feel for those poor sods who tried and tried for no return.  I can understand 40 pages of vitriol, even though it's just venting spleen because it won't have much impact on HH.  For them (and 40 pages of commentary) the event was a roaring success: lots of kobans taken to the dump and real Euros spent to buy them.  They ARE running a business after all and staff have to be paid.

Sorry guys, but I did nearly wet myself reading some of the commentary, especially the heartfelt threats to quit the game.  No they won't!  Anyone who spends so many kobans on an event like this will be back for more because they've become pretty hooked into the gambling mentality...  "She'll drop this time!" and she doesn't (most times anyway).  If you want to encourage real change in HH, we must look to ourselves and see how hooked we'd become and how we dutifully responded to all the hype that went with the announcement of that so-called event.  Then we can change our own behaviour and not be so sucked in.  Human beings are so susceptable to a herd mentality, even if we delude ourselves that we are independently minded.

it have an impact in HH actually, they will have a low number of payers(players) from a same event coz of wrong marketing strategy they use. If they use this event to garner first then slowly eat them away on following events, they can never have too much problem coz payers(players) benefit on them already. The thing is they rush to eat their existing payers for the their own benefit. I know that this game needs fund to run around but atleast they can ask for sponsors right?? Now when they will have a new event, how many players will buy kobans for these upcoming girls? same with gambling with casino or gambling establishments, they should lure first then hook, line, and sinker. 

Edited by sicorro