Legendary Days Discussion. Meet the android.

2 hours ago, Minge Master said:

As such i've cancelled my monthly card and will no longer contribute to the development of this game. I will continue to play, but if spending real cash doesn't improve my chances of extra drops, there is no point in spending it.

that would basically be the definition of pay to win. i don't think a lot of people would want that.

My aftermath:

I joined in HH three days before pilot Ankyo could be obtained. 

I battled first boss for that event girl there. I got all three boss girls.

About halftime of legendary days I was able to fight Ninja Spy. What die I get? All three boss girls at middle of last day. 

Now I spent all kobans to get Norou. 162 each 15 fights, had something like 2750. No Norou. But 5 violet gifts each type and one or one and a half million cash.

As a KH-Player ... Should I feel lucky?

Don't know man.

Cheers.

PS: joined only to post in forum since release comments Werke closed and battle club wiki seems not forumish.

Edited by windia

1 hour ago, windia said:

My aftermath:

About halftime of legendary days I was able to fight Ninja Spy. What die I get? All three boss girls at middle of last day. 

Now I spent all kobans to get Norou. 162 each 15 fights, had something like 2750. No Norou. But 5 violet gifts each type and one or one and a half million cash.

Technically? Yes. I mean, it sucks that you paid for Norou and didn't get her, but that's not exactly an uncommon experience, from what I can see. But what is pretty uncommon is getting 6 girl drops in such a short time, even if it was during an event. At least, it's never happened to me, and I've been here almost a year.

4 hours ago, windia said:

My aftermath:

Don't know man.

Cheers.

PS: joined only to post in forum since release comments Werke closed and battle club wiki seems not forumish.

162 fights and no Norou drop - that's not necessarily unlucky, but not lucky either.  5 legendary items in 162 fights seems a slightly above the general consensus drop rate, so that's a good number.  Too bad you didn't get her.

All 6 boss drop girls in a week?  Tremendously lucky.  I've been playing months and dropped a girl from Ninja Spy this event.  But he still has one more girl that I don't have.  And I've fought him A LOT.  Hopefully your lucky streak of boss drops continues.

On 22-5-2018 at 8:54 PM, Masters said:

Basically, it's a matter of decent *writing*. Writing as if you care about the property and not just to collect a paycheck. Another recent example was the Daily missions for the last Revival. Instead of making up new content, they recycled a two-week story WITHOUT any effort at edits for a one-week period. NO ATTEMPT to cherry-pick days for a proper abridgment for seven days (the last day's content said "Half way through!")

There was not even an attempt made to change Day 1's "for the next two weeks" to an appropriate "for the next week", and that's just plain lazy writing and careless attention to detail for a property you want people to pay real money for. And if the reasoning behind *that* is: all they care about is sexy pictures, then it also explains why they treat the players as if we don't really matter.

I also can't see any writer allowing the Daily Mission about the Shinigami world being "submerged with souls" instead of "overwhelmed with a steady influx of souls".

Yes, I'm also a writer, so my writing-hammer sees plenty of nails…

As  you are a writer yourself, I understand your reservations with the underwhelming use of the English language in the lore. However, you need to take into account that the French still have a certain disdain for the English language as the Lingua Franca. Furthermore, as English is the Lingua Franca, a rather simplified register is to be used in the storytelling to accommodate the non native English speaking community.

Since the quality of the English used seems to bother you enough to put pen to paper might I suggest you rewrite some of the story and post, or even better, pm it to Kinkoid. It's no matter if you don't speak French as I have confindence in your skill as a writer that you can turn even a google translated piece of 'frankenlore' into a pretty good piece of prose.

I myself am nearing the end of my playtime for this game but I would welcome your contributions if I revisit the site in a couple of months and reread the storyline.

Keep playing, have fun, play nice:P

Edited by dirty harry

Le 5/22/2018 à 20:54, Masters a dit :

As I said, if that is the reasoning, an IF-Then Variable is all that is needed to check if you've met a select character of not. Even polling if someone is in your harem or not.

It's not that hard to code. They do a simple variable for your name all the time. Easy enough to know if X-character has done Y-action.

Basically, it's a matter of decent *writing*. Writing as if you care about the property and not just to collect a paycheck. Another recent example was the Daily missions for the last Revival. Instead of making up new content, they recycled a two-week story WITHOUT any effort at edits for a one-week period. NO ATTEMPT to cherry-pick days for a proper abridgment for seven days (the last day's content said "Half way through!")

There was not even an attempt made to change Day 1's "for the next two weeks" to an appropriate "for the next week", and that's just plain lazy writing and careless attention to detail for a property you want people to pay real money for. And if the reasoning behind *that* is: all they care about is sexy pictures, then it also explains why they treat the players as if we don't really matter.

I also can't see any writer allowing the Daily Mission about the Shinigami world being "submerged with souls" instead of "overwhelmed with a steady influx of souls".

Yes, I'm also a writer, so my writing-hammer sees plenty of nails…

Well, as far as i can guess, i'm not even sure they have a decent english writer on board... To me, the game is written in english by its french-native speaking creators, and they may simply be not that fluent with Shakespeare's tongue... 

(as i more than certainly am not either...) <-- see? i'm pretty sure it's awful english.

Edited by Joe-da-G
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Joe-da-G said:

(as i more than certainly am not either...) <-- see? i'm pretty sure it's awful english.

In Orwell's tongue: Double plus ungood!xD

JK. Didn't even know you were non native speaker untill you mentioned it yourself.

Edited by dirty harry

I would help IF ASKED. Certainly I've stated my thoughts about game and writing enough that if any of the Dev Team bother to follow this side of the forums, they'd reach out to me.

Shy of that, I (Love Robin) have Kim Possible fics to work on and I'm way behind on them.

• @Chthugha on the theme that the last legendary event was not communicated in the game with the news in languages other than English and French, so many players did not see it until almost the end or just do not know or that there has been one. Will Kinkoid  repeat the event or just apologize and wait for people to forget what happened?

34 minutes ago, saberbholt said:

• @Chthugha on the theme that the last legendary event was not communicated in the game with the news in languages other than English and French, so many players did not see it until almost the end or just do not know or that there has been one. Will Kinkoid  repeat the event or just apologize and wait for people to forget what happened?

i think we can fairly assume the second option. repeating it globally (which would be the easy solution) won't happen because "she will probably never come back". repeating it only for those players who can verify they missed it (if this is even possible) will require a huge amount of work from the tech team (making it possible to have events only for some players) and the support team (delivering a list of players). also the fit into the tight event schedule could be a mess resulting in overlapping events resulting in more salt. so i assume it is not cost-effective to work on such a solution. some players might quit due to this ofc but i assume loosing those players won't dip their income more than the costly solution. and as long as kinkoid is a company and no welfare it is all about the money.

my personal recommendation in general for all games is: play the game in the developer's native language or in english. the former guarantees you best support and clear communication if you understand it, the latter is too spread to neglect.

Edited by Habi

32 minutes ago, Habi said:

i think we can fairly assume the second option. repeating it globally (which would be the easy solution) won't happen because "she will probably never come back". repeating it only for those players who can verify they missed it (if this is even possible) will require a huge amount of work from the tech team (making it possible to have events only for some players) and the support team (delivering a list of players). also the fit into the tight event schedule could be a mess resulting in overlapping events resulting in more salt. so i assume it is not cost-effective to work on such a solution. some players might quit due to this ofc but i assume loosing those players won't dip their income more than the costly solution. and as long as kinkoid is a company and no welfare it is all about the money.

I also fear the same from a company that is not serious and does not seek customer care,
In any case it was the developer's fault and he should look for a solution to the problem caused by it and not pay the users for faults.
The normal thing in another company would be to rewrite the entire calendar of future events and repeat this event, but as I said before, this is not a serious company that fixes the situations caused by themselves. I hope I'm wrong and they decide to start taking responsibility for their actions.

On May 14th, Jessie made a post, stating "We took all of your feedback, and we improved the Legendary Days … In the name of honesty and transparency, we're going to prepare a post answering most frequently asked questions, and also analyzing most frequently submitted feedback.  This will happen really soon, not because we're obliged to do it, but because we want you to see that we try our best and we really care about what you have to say!!!"

On May 15th, Jessie made a post, stating "here I am, I am not hiding and I am here taking responsibility for making another FAQ for Legendary Days."

Later, also on May 15th, Jessie closed the Legendary Days Poll Thread and stated "We made a post about this and expressed the desire to do a QA on Legendary days for you … I close this thread until we're ready with our QA on Legendary days."

First, we have had no official information on how the legendary event was "improved", outside of 2 factors: 1) the girl was moved from Dark Lord to Ninja Spy (a very minor upgrade), and 2) the addition of legendary affection items to the drop table.  In my opinion, this second change was a massive improvement in dealing with the income problem, as long as the legendary items did not affect the girl's drop rate negatively.  However, we have been given no assurance that it did not.  We asked for clarification regarding how the drop table was implemented and that request was ignored.

Second, I find it interesting that Jessie stated they were making "another" FAQ, when we clearly never even had a first one.

Finally, It's been 2 weeks since the promised FAQ was first announced.  Since then, the second legendary days event has come and gone, and once again received some pretty harsh criticism.  We have heard no additional mention of the FAQ.  Jessie, you promised this "really soon" because you "really care about what we have to say".  It doesn't feel that way.

Edited by YoyoHH
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, YoyoHH said:

On May 14th, Jessie made a post, stating "We took all of your feedback, and we improved the Legendary Days … In the name of honesty and transparency, we're going to prepare a post answering most frequently asked questions, and also analyzing most frequently submitted feedback.  This will happen really soon, not because we're obliged to do it, but because we want you to see that we try our best and we really care about what you have to say!!!"

On May 15th, Jessie made a post, stating "here I am, I am not hiding and I am here taking responsibility for making another FAQ for Legendary Days."

Later, also on May 15th, Jessie closed the Legendary Days Poll Thread and stated "We made a post about this and expressed the desire to do a QA on Legendary days for you … I close this thread until we're ready with our QA on Legendary days."

First, we have had no official information on how the legendary event was "improved", outside of 2 factors: 1) the girl was moved from Dark Lord to Ninja Spy (a very minor upgrade), and 2) the addition of legendary affection items to the drop table.  In my opinion, this second change was a massive improvement in dealing with the income problem, as long as the legendary items did not affect the girl's drop rate negatively.  However, we have been given no assurance that it did not.  We asked for clarification regarding how the drop table was implemented and that request was ignored.

Second, I find it interesting that Jessie stated they were making "another" FAQ, when we clearly never even had a first one.

Finally, It's been 2 weeks since the promised FAQ was first announced.  Since then, the second legendary days event has come and gone, and once again received some pretty harsh criticism.  We have heard no additional mention of the FAQ.  Jessie, you promised this "really soon" because you "really care about what we have to say".  It doesn't feel that way.

Yeah you and me both keep mentioning that the FAQ has yet to be released and still we get nothing. 

This is why I don't trust the devs. Empty and false promises.

But by all means I'd be more than happy to have that FAQ pop up and be proven wrong.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

Yeah you and me both keep mentioning that the FAQ has yet to be released and still we get nothing. 

This is why I don't trust the devs. Empty and false promises.

But by all means I'd be more than happy to have that FAQ pop up and be proven wrong.

I've had a busy week, which meant I kept missing Jessie.
I'll remind her about this promise, if I'm able to get a hold of her on thursday or friday.

Please, ask her too about their plans for those of us who missed the Norou event. 

I'm a Know How player. First, the Legendary girl got changed her main stat, and then some players like me didn't even notice the event was up due to the lack of a proper ingame communication and the lack of a specific game background image.

Now that the PvP battles are given more importance, missing such an OP character like her is being forced to play on a "second rate" league. Not only she has the highest stats (along with Levitya), but also is the only girl able to reach 5 stars above white level (Starter and common haremettes). Thus, twice OP.

If Legendary days are truly a "once in a lifetime" events and no correcting measures are taken, this error on the developers side will artificially and unfairly divide the playerbase.

L

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greetingz said:

The FAQ has alrdy been released, it's small. But it was released. Dunno if it was posted on this forum tho. Here 

Thanks for the link, but that's an FAQ for the battle update and it was posted in April.  The FAQ we're asking for is the analysis regarding the Legendary Days feedback (you know, the 50+ pages of (mostly) complaints following the Levitya event).  The FAQ we're talking about would assumedly include the devs' response to the feedback and criticism, explanations behind the decisions they made, and information regarding the "improvements" they've promised.  This FAQ was promised almost a month after the one you've linked.

On 23.5.2018 at 7:37 PM, GarfEild said:

Technically? Yes. I mean, it sucks that you paid for Norou and didn't get her, but that's not exactly an uncommon experience, from what I can see. But what is pretty uncommon is getting 6 girl drops in such a short time, even if it was during an event. At least, it's never happened to me, and I've been here almost a year.

On 23.5.2018 at 10:59 PM, YoyoHH said:

162 fights and no Norou drop - that's not necessarily unlucky, but not lucky either.  5 legendary items in 162 fights seems a slightly above the general consensus drop rate, so that's a good number.  Too bad you didn't get her.

All 6 boss drop girls in a week?  Tremendously lucky.  I've been playing months and dropped a girl from Ninja Spy this event.  But he still has one more girl that I don't have.  And I've fought him A LOT.  Hopefully your lucky streak of boss drops continues.

Thanks for your encouragement :)

To clarify: _After_ I got alls three boss girls from Ninja Spy I spended something like 2750 kobans which result in something like 250 fights + 1,5 days normal combat points and no Norou.

I was surprised to get any of the boss girls so quick as I "play for real" on nutaku.net and know how hard to get boss girls is. So I thought the event girls drop easier.

And for continuing: well, Cave Maika dropped first day, first boss girl on lvl 69 of Gruntt and the next one right before Princess Noemy will be my reward. So luck streches out while continues to happen^^.

I'm just confident now that I always can skip boss fights as the girls appear regardless.