Anniversary Event Discussion

1 hour ago, Blain said:

Nothing to argue about

You either read the Discord and French forums...

Dude, seriously? You don't see an issue in expecting players to follow, not only one, but two communication channels... and in french?

English is not even my first language, Spanish is, but it has already been stated that Spanish, in everything regarding communication, is pretty much dead. I accept that players might be required to follow news and advice on English, being the "world language" and all, but asking to follow stuff on french?

Heck! I even made a topic asking mods and more senior players why should it be a good idea to save kobans for the anniversary, giving my arguments of why I thought it wasn't a good idea to do so, and the best counter-argument was: "We don't know how, but this anniversary might be different":

4 hours ago, Habi said:

ok let me tell you one thing: it is always good to have stocked kobans if something unusual happens. now you are prepared for the future. ^_^

I think this is pretty much the lesson to be learned.

But seriously, putting the blame on players who got invested on past events, and acted according to the information given, when if two pieces of crucial information were disclosed (no free kobans this time, and exclusive epic pachinko girls on bosses) would have changed the outcome, is far from fair.

Bit of a mixed bag for me, I suppose. 

I really wanted some of the girls in the pachinko, but realized I had a better chance of getting more girls in the boss battles (I believe there were 12 I didn’t yet have). And after roughly 7600 kobans spent on refills along with the usual auto-refills, I ended up with seven new girls: two regular boss drops who just happened to be there, plus five event girls.

Yet overall, this seemed like a letdown. Why? 

— I got only 1 of the 4 Girls I wanted most to drop. (Val Abrael, whose captor I hadn’t yet reached in February) Which means I did NOT get Bunny’s Mother, or Noella, or (saddest of all) Treasure, who sits alongside Spring Lola at the very top of my want list. 

— I also got two of the three I LEAST wanted (in the entire game, not just the event): Unionist Elizabeth and Neanderthal Gork, who joined as one of my last few pulls. I personally think Treasure was running toward me, arms extended, with a huge smile on her face, but Gork shoved her out of the way and cut in line. 

Ultimately, I loved having girls on the bosses that I couldn’t usually get. That was awesome. So thank you for that, dev team! And if I might suggest an improvement, I would have liked it even better if each boss had specific girls (as usual), so I could focus my efforts and target the girls I wanted most. I realize that would leave some players unable to reach some girls, but as this is an anniversary event meant to reward long-term players, I think that offense would have been forgivable. 

Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, Helix said:

I see a lot of mixed reactions here, the french side is on fire.

Wish I could read french.  Compared to the first legendary days event I think we seem fairly calm about this, probably because many of us did get something and didn't feel as tricked or deceived, but I'd love to see the highlights of the french side.  I'll have to run it through google translate for a quick translation to get the jist.  Always nice to see the native community of this game pissed off as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack_HH said:

Heck! I even made a topic asking mods and more senior players why should it be a good idea to save kobans for the anniversary, giving my arguments of why I thought it wasn't a good idea to do so, and the best counter-argument was: "We don't know how, but this anniversary might be different":

Well, i agree it would be better to have all info about an event well in advance, but do you really need someone to tell you to save kobans?

I mean, the main goal for most players should be getting girls. We can obtain most of them by fighting bosses (refills) or through EP, so having a good amount of saved kobans should be obvious for everyone, especially if you know there will be a special event.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, algguy said:

The drop rate cannot have been fixed for this event. Statistics do not work this way; the difference between the "luck" of "lucky" and "unlucky" players is too large. 

That is exactly what random is. There will be people with extremely good luck and people with extremely bad luck. You can get 5 girls in 100 battles, or you could get no girls in 1000 battles. As I had calculated, if the drop rate is 0.5%, in any 1000 battle series you have an approx. 1% chance of not getting anything. If the drop rates are lower, the chances of those bad luck streaks happening increase. For example, if the drop rate is half of that, 0.25%, the chance of an empty 1000 battle series is 8%. If the drop rate is 0.1%, the chance of an empty 1000 battle series goes up to 37%.

Also, let's keep in mind that the forums show a self-selecting sample. Only people who are shocked by their good luck or annoyed by their bad luck will feel compelled to post.

Edited by Lleibi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

il y a 7 minutes, Lleibi a dit :

That is exactly what random is. There will be people with extremely good luck and people with extremely bad luck. You can get 5 girls in 100 battles, or you could get no girls in 1000 battles. As I had calculated, if the drop rate is 0.5%, in any 1000 battle series you have an approx. 1% chance of not getting anything. If the drop rates are lower, the chances of those bad luck streaks happening increase. For example, if the drop rate is half of that, 0.25%, the chance of an empty 1000 battle series is 8%. If the drop rate is 0.1%, the chance of an empty 1000 battle series goes up to 37%.

Also, let's keep in mind that the forums show a self-selecting sample. Only people who are shocked by their good luck or annoyed by their bad luck will feel compelled to post.

A french player did the maths, the chances for him to only get permanant girls from the pachinko was 1 in 25000.

Another player did a video of him rolling the pachinko, again nothing but permanant girl. We also have the testimony of other players who rolled only permanant girls from the pachinko.

I don't say it can't happen, but to so many players at the same time? No, just no.

Just now, Helix said:

A french player did the maths, the chances for him to only get permanant girls from the pachinko was 1 in 25000.

Another player did a video of him rolling the pachinko, again nothing but permanant girl. We also have the testimony of other players who rolled only permanant girls from the pachinko.

I don't say it can't happen, but to so many players at the same time? No, just no.

Any of them getting the last 15 out of 18 spins with at the start 20 event girls? Now that is absolutely unlikely, yet it happened to me. xD

Anyway, pachinko seems bugged, not something to burn down the forum for.

à l’instant, Chthugha a dit :

Any of them getting the last 15 out of 18 spins with at the start 20 event girls? Now that is absolutely unlikely, yet it happened to me. xD

Anyway, pachinko seems bugged, not something to burn down the forum for.

It's more about Kinkoid saying that everything is fine and working as intended when players keep saying something is wrong with the drop rates of the pachinko.

2 minutes ago, Helix said:

It's more about Kinkoid saying that everything is fine and working as intended when players keep saying something is wrong with the drop rates of the pachinko.

Hmmhmm. The people you want to get to are not on the forum though.

There are two topics about the event that made the news on the french side: 

1-  globally, the players didn’t enjoy the anniversary event (about 65% of the poll say they were not satisfied) mostly because the randomness of the results made some player mad because they.got unlucky, and that nothing was in fact offered to the players. 

2- offering 48 event special girls on the EP, is good, IF you can drop them… and a lot of feedback shows players dropping only permagirls…

there, you mostly have it :x

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daniele said:

Well, i agree it would be better to have all info about an event well in advance, but do you really need someone to tell you to save kobans?

No, I don't need people to tell me what to do with my kobans, that was a direct answer to Blane, who was saying that we should read stuff in french (which is pretty unreasonable, in my opinion) and listen to mods and other players, or else we would be naturally unprepared, and I tried to prove that even mods and more senior players were unsure of what to expect, and therefore, incapable of giving a recommendation based on facts and the provided information.

What I do need, in a game heavy on resources management, is a little bit of consistency. I'm starting to sound repetitive, but if the first anniversary we were given kobans depending on the time we had played, it was easy to assume that, unless the devs said otherwise, we could expect more kobans for the second anniversary.

And I have been leaving a detail aside, since I believe deviates a little from the topic, but I understand that a lot of the devs' actions are directed to motivate us to buy kobans, and this was no exception. And although I think that this should have been the exception, being an event to celebrate the game, not take money from the players, I did try to buy kobans for the first time using the starter offer, only to discover, after emailing support and receiving an answer after the event had already ended, that I'm ineligible for special offers because of my country of residence. 

So yeah, I take a reasonable decision based on the precedent and the information given, and when the situation resulted very different from the one expected, I even tried to buy kobans only to discover that I'm ineligible for special offers, and it is still my fault that I didn't have as much "fun" at the event?

3 minutes ago, Jack_HH said:

No, I don't need people to tell me what to do with my kobans, that was a direct answer to Blane, who was saying that we should read stuff in french (which is pretty unreasonable, in my opinion) and listen to mods and other players, or else we would be naturally unprepared, and I tried to prove that even mods and more senior players were unsure of what to expect, and therefore, incapable of giving a recommendation based on facts and the provided information.

What I do need, in a game heavy on resources management, is a little bit of consistency. I'm starting to sound repetitive, but if the first anniversary we were given kobans depending on the time we had played, it was easy to assume that, unless the devs said otherwise, we could expect more kobans for the second anniversary.

And I have been leaving a detail aside, since I believe deviates a little from the topic, but I understand that a lot of the devs' actions are directed to motivate us to buy kobans, and this was no exception. And although I think that this should have been the exception, being an event to celebrate the game, not take money from the players, I did try to buy kobans for the first time using the starter offer, only to discover, after emailing support and receiving an answer after the event had already ended, that I'm ineligible for special offers because of my country of residence. 

So yeah, I take a reasonable decision based on the precedent and the information given, and when the situation resulted very different from the one expected, I even tried to buy kobans only to discover that I'm ineligible for special offers, and it is still my fault that I didn't have as much "fun" at the event?

Hmm, I could've sworn that I said that there would be no kobans this year.
The devs did confirm that a while in advance.
Maybe in another thread :S

9 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Hmm, I could've sworn that I said that there would be no kobans this year.
The devs did confirm that a while in advance.
Maybe in another thread :S

At least not in the Announcements, "HH news from the discord server", "My chats with Jessie about the forum", or other of the more official-looking threads.

And I'm pretty sure that if the devs did confirm the lack of kobans for the anniversary, they did it at the french discord or forum, so I'm afraid to ask (and more afraid to read the answer), Is Blain correct? Is the only way to be well informed of future events, and plan ahead, to read the french communication channels? :S

2 minutes ago, Jack_HH said:

At least not in the Announcements, "HH news from the discord server", "My chats with Jessie about the forum", or other of the more official-looking threads.

And I'm pretty sure that if the devs did confirm the lack of kobans for the anniversary, they did it at the french discord or forum, so I'm afraid to ask (and more afraid to read the answer), Is Blain correct? Is the only way to be well informed of future events, and plan ahead, to read the french communication channels? :S

I actually think it was asked on the Gay Harem discord server xD
The reason I lurk in the French discord server, is because the French just ask more things.
I'm not that kind of guy to keep pinging the Kinkoid staff for new information, but over there it seems to be normal to do so.

I can confirm the the french players on the discord show no shame in asking the devs about anything and everything… and some times, they get a useful answer. :x

for example, it’s been revealed there that the next chapter of the story will most probably be out in mid to end of august… 

7 hours ago, Jack_HH said:

Dude, seriously? You don't see an issue in expecting players to follow, not only one, but two communication channels... and in french?

English is not even my first language, Spanish is, but it has already been stated that Spanish, in everything regarding communication, is pretty much dead. I accept that players might be required to follow news and advice on English, being the "world language" and all, but asking to follow stuff on french?

I think this is pretty much the lesson to be learned.

But seriously, putting the blame on players who got invested on past events, and acted according to the information given, when if two pieces of crucial information were disclosed (no free kobans this time, and exclusive epic pachinko girls on bosses) would have changed the outcome, is far from fair.

Life isn't fair

gotta deal with it

that's where the info is, not in the English forums

you can get mad about it, but that's not going to change anything. The devs talk in those forums much more than this one, and they aren't going to change. It's the players choice to focus on the short term and ignore the bigger picture of how the game is unfolding. Talk and speculation about the anniversary event has been going on for much longer on those other forums than this one. Devs wouldn't say exactly how the event would play out, so it was better to prepare for that than burn limited resources on events prior to it. 

And it's not news that this forum is ignored more than the others. Been that way since the patch notes started coming out in February. Adapt or fall behind is the lesson

Edited by Blain

There's a few really nasty and uncharitable comments here.  I feel really sorry for those who invested and lucked out and telling them to suck it up shows really bad form I'm afraid.

Talking about saving kobans, I'd love to have enough kobans for Tanned Zoe, but alas (or maybe right at the end in know-how accounts).  I may have to be content with my luck in getting Dezy on a single spin in a know-how account and she's no consolation prize; she's the top of the podium for a 3-star!

There are so many nearly back-to-back events and revivals it's impossible to save up enough kobans unless we do brilliantly in the ToF or contests and I've never been one of those.  Oh... unless we buy them of course.  I'm amazed that some people managed to save 30k or more of them yet still managed to play Epic Pachinko in events that went before.  I'd love to know their secret.

• Like 2

On 30.07.2018 г. at 12:34 AM, Zorba the Geek said:

Commiserations!  That does it!  HH ARE into sado-masicism (or sadism) at the expense of players by inflicting Gork on us!  Ughh!!  5 girls is rather good.  Is Gork additional or is 'she' included with the 5?

It took me sooo long to respond but i'm unable to login in the forums with my phone for some reason and finally today it worked.

No it isnt part of the five girls, that's why i said "five girls AND Gork". I call Gork IT because of the infamous book and movie... i can't hold off the pun.

Sorry to say it, but i think the existance Gork is a mistake(a way the devs troll the players which are "lucky" enough to get her! xD

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lleibi said:

if it really is random then how come so many people got Neanderthal Gork.... it was OBVIOUS that for some strange reason they wanted Gork to drop for a lot of people. she seems to be the most common drop out of the people that got girls. 
that doesnt seem "Random" to me at all. some of the other girls dropping from the bosses were more rare drops. not a lot of people got Bunny's mom. thats NOT random.

they obviously fixed the drops to have some girls drop more than others 

7 minutes ago, jyepie said:

if it really is random then how come so many people got Neanderthal Gork.... it was OBVIOUS that for some strange reason they wanted Gork to drop for a lot of people. she seems to be the most common drop out of the people that got girls. 
that doesnt seem "Random" to me at all. some of the other girls dropping from the bosses were more rare drops. not a lot of people got Bunny's mom. thats NOT random.

they obviously fixed the drops to have some girls drop more than others 

Uhm, ever heard of bias. All I have seen is people complaining BECAUSE they got Neanderthal Gork. It is what sticks out. Someone sees a complaint about getting Gork, gets Gork, and then also complains about getting Gork.

This is by no means a good representation of which girl is the most gotten. On the discord server it's just an even distribution.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cantrix said:

It took me sooo long to respond but i'm unable to login in the forums with my phone for some reason and finally today it worked.

No it isnt part of the five girls, that's why i said "five girls AND Gork". I call Gork IT because of the infamous book and movie... i can't hold off the pun.

Sorry to say it, but i think the existance Gork is a mistake(a way the devs troll the players which are "lucky" enough to get her! xD

Cheers for that.  Re. being unable to login, it might be a corrupted cookie.  I have that trouble all the time since I have multiple accounts and I have been banned from the forum in all my accounts but this one.  Sometimes the cookie wants to log me into a forbidden account and it won't succeed of course.

If you know or can remember (or saved) your password, go into your privacy settings and delete all the cookies you want to delete, including Hentaiheroes.com and www.hentaiheroes.com, and the one related to the forum.  While you're at it, clear the cache of unwanted stored rubbish related to audio, videos and images (some of which will be related to the game).

When you go back in you'll see the opening screen that you saw when you first entered (disclaimer on R.18, and legal obligations, etc).  Log back in with your email address and password in the account you want to use for the forum if you have multiple accounts, then it should work a treat until the cookie becomes corrupted again.  If you can trust your browser's settings to delete all cookies when done, select that, but you will be asked to login to all apps that require you to sign in (you won't be kept signed in).  I don't use that setting because there are some cookies I want to keep.

I hope that helps - if your issue is similar to mine, that is.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Cheers for that.  Re. being unable to login, it might be a corrupted cookie.  I have that trouble all the time since I have multiple accounts and I have been banned from the forum in all my accounts but this one.  Sometimes the cookie wants to log me into a forbidden account and it won't succeed of course.

If you know or can remember (or saved) your password, go into your privacy settings and delete all the cookies you want to delete, including Hentaiheroes.com and www.hentaiheroes.com, and the one related to the forum.  While you're at it, clear the cache of unwanted stored rubbish related to audio, videos and images (some of which will be related to the game).

When you go back in you'll see the opening screen that you saw when you first entered (disclaimer on R.18, and legal obligations, etc).  Log back in with your email address and password in the account you want to use for the forum if you have multiple accounts, then it should work a treat until the cookie becomes corrupted again.  If you can trust your browser's settings to delete all cookies when done, select that, but you will be asked to login to all apps that require you to sign in (you won't be kept signed in).  I don't use that setting because there are some cookies I want to keep.

I hope that helps - if your issue is similar to mine, that is.

Got only 1 acc, though i'll try. Tha ks for the help and sorry i got offtopic ;)