Patch Notes 12/09/18 Discussion self made & unofficial

windia

As the current patch notes 

don't provide any disccusion link, I decided to create some - and hope "self made & unofficial" in title makes it clear enough that it is not  by any oof hte Kinkoid team.

My impression:

• mixed regarding "how much activity is required to play on top for free". 
  • on the one hand - the league system feels like "be online all day long" as 1 / h and storing maximum 5
    • the same like "pvp - fight every 30 min for free" and missing 30 min  = no fight
    • inherent collecting harem money: from each 5 min to each 5 hours is everything seen right now
  • on the other hand: change in usage of combativity points made "fighting villains" a task "come here every 10 hours without loosing opportunity"
    • and the current main (in my eyes) source of XP are the daily activities, finishable in 2 hours and collectable at any self chosen time

Calculations:

• the Xp of daily activities are said to get halved
  • for lvl 286 it makes today 8805 XP
  • thus the leagues need to provide 4400 XP in 24 h = 183 XP / fight (as 24 fights/ day can be gained for free)
  • the test server gives at lvl 20 round about 110 XP / win and round about 130 XP at level 30 - that would be 2 XP / level => round about 630 XP for a lvl 268 win
  • either these numbers will be cut - or it will not take 2-3 years to reach lvl 400 with daily activities
    • that is just my rough calculation as since lvl 200 I level up all two-three days and of 250 at minimum three days.

I am aware that going to sleep for 8 hours with empty league leaves only 3 fights in loss - as the old 20 combativity left in 8 hours 6 point unused.

Cheers, windia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, windia said:

the test server gives at lvl 20 round about 110 XP / win and round about 130 XP at level 30 - that would be 2 XP / level => round about 630 XP for a lvl 268 win

fighting a player about lvl 285 offered me about 350xp to win and a lvl 215 about 315xp.

which i couldnt but doesnt matter, just wanna add more concrete numbers to your calculation...

Edited by Skiron

It'll be interesting to see how the partial move of the XP awards from missions to league will go over with the player base. Players who can be around regularly (i.e. at least every 5 hours, outside of sleep) should be gaining more XP than before, at least assuming their randomized set of league opponents are of sufficiently high level to last through 14 days, but less frequent players who can only make time for the missions and maybe an occasional break at other times will be progressing much more slowly.

That aside, I consider it a bit of a jerk move on Kinkoid's part to put only a 5-hour timer on something with such rich rewards. That's definitely not going to help in making the league feature competitive.

One side effect that won't be relevant for anyone reading this but which will impact a lot of players is that the start of the game will get slowed down quite a bit, since the league XP will only be available from level 20 onwards. The free energy upgrades and generally big XP gains from the early story only take you through to level 11 or so, and it's now going to take about twice as long to actually get to level 20 via mission XP. I think that could backfire as far as the retention rate of new players is concerned.

Edit: And yeah, the time until the first whale will be reaching level 400 has probably been cut significantly by these changes. I'm not sure that will do the game any good, but it's going to be revenue-enhancing to have whales chase that target, so it's obvious why it's happening.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, windia said:

• the test server gives at lvl 20 round about 110 XP / win and round about 130 XP at level 30 - that would be 2 XP / level => round about 630 XP for a lvl 268 win

Cheers, windia

u cant compare live server with the test server. with all these noob accounts who just registered recently thats nothing in compare with the live server where u have lots of 200 level+ players

All the talk about level 400...
The highest ranked player across the servers (excluding the test server, where we had a timeframe of superfast Haremverse time, 6x as fast as normal time) is MadDog on the Nutaku server.
He has level 326 and is just shy of 4.75M experience.
Level 400 requires 10M+ experience, so he isn't even halfway... after a full year of grinding experience.
As a normal player I've just reached 3M experience on Nutaku.

It's not going to happen for a while anyway.

• To balance the gain of experience provided by the leagues, you will now be rewarded half the quantity of experience for each daily mission

This is by far the worst change ever imo, because level up gets extremely slow as you get to higher levels it shouldn't get to turtle speed.

Some facts i have at hand, at 240lvl it takes me 3 full days to get one level, at 215lvl it takes me 2 full days...... this means that by halving the daily mission exp. the amount of days are doubled. Ofc you get some compensation exp. from the league but this is bull shit you shouldn't force a new game feature to anyone if he wants to get his full amount of exp. back, also not all league challenges will end up with a win and for each lost battle you get half exp. ....... again.

So just because when you get to higher ranks in leagues most of your battles will be lost battles and this means that you will never again get the full amount of exp. and this means that the speed you level up will be permanently slowed.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

All the talk about level 400...
The highest ranked player across the servers (excluding the test server, where we had a timeframe of superfast Haremverse time, 6x as fast as normal time) is MadDog on the Nutaku server.
He has level 326 and is just shy of 4.75M experience.
Level 400 requires 10M+ experience, so he isn't even halfway... after a full year of grinding experience.
As a normal player I've just reached 3M experience on Nutaku.

It's not going to happen for a while anyway.

Well, based on some back of the envelope calculations: Solely by collecting mission XP under the outgoing system, it would take about 600 days to go from level 300 to 400. A player who spends enough resources (both kobans and in-game cash) to be able to win nearly every available league fight might be able to get this down to 300 days or less.

(That's without incorporating story XP - unlikely to matter for such high-level players - and also without grinding XP from the arena, because the rewards of that are relatively minor in this context.)

(Edited because some gremlins got into my formulas initially.)

Edited by _shal_

I can understand why the League would be stretched over multiple days... but I kinda preferred the test versions that were just a single day, since I'll probably never do so well in the rankings from now on... but I guess as long as there's any reward I can't really complain.

one more calculation:

it is said that one bracket is 100-199 players. And it takes 14 days for remix.

24 free tokens for 14 days means 336 free tokens.

If my bracket is 100 players only, I can spend maximum 297. That leaves 39 token / 14 days = 2,7 token/ day that I cannot use  - that is pretty close to "assumed general night out" of 8h = 3 free tokens lost per day. To loose 4 / day is more likely as the timer starts after first fight in morning and not regardless usage (like any timer that requires user action).

So 100 players in one bracket is the minimum for 14 days in case I play them all.

For sure I can't say I am happy of the coming of the leagues, if they are really structured like this. The worst thing of all is the halving of daily mission rewards, who practically forces any player (obviously including combat non-lovers like me) to do their best to obtain some forms of reward in the league they are current in, simply to keep the pace in leveling up their character, or accept to employ the double of the time to progress. This added to the fact that, by luck or by money, some players, at more or less the same level, have very different harems (especially regarding the presence of legendary girls, by far the strongest in combat teams), meaning that lucky players and whales, as in the tower of fame, will continue to grow and get better rewards, while unlucky and free players will continually risk to get the minimum, widening the already wide spread between the two categories, which is a thing I already stated in the past I would have liked to see reduced, not widened even more than before. In all, I say that in my opinion this is the worst game update since the changing in the combat system and affection system many months ago.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

@windia they are, but this forum is for hentaiheroes, and @Mika Kinkoid is the CM of the forum. So it was not mentioned.

@ChthughaK, where is the nutaku forum, please?

I found none, found this one and figured out: there is no forum account as long as I don't register as player. So any hint of a harem heroes nutaku forum is welcome.

Edited by windia

That is the thing. Nutaku doesn't allow links to foruns and such, which is why there are fewer options in the menu there.

There is the unofficial harem battle club forum, but that one turned into a salt mine.

Just remember that posts here are directed at the hentaiheroes community, and they don't always have the Nutaku equivalents in the posts as well.

On 9/12/2018 at 1:06 AM, Arvelak said:

My first thought after reading the patch notes was wondering if there was going to be like a really terrible week for XP, because the patch would nerf mission XP and the leagues wouldn't start until several days after.

We have a winner.

And even slightly less than half. I'm level 160 (both yesterday and today), and my XP awards have gone from 67/333/666/999 to 33/164/328/492.

Edited by _shal_