Patch Notes 12/12/18 Discussion

Mika Kinkoid

Just now, Skiron said:

what do you all (the testers) think:

does it make sense to buy the avatars first for 300 each,
to "get them out of the way" for less than one spin total,
or do you think girls and avatars have seperate droprates
and it wont affect each other?

On Nutaku we don't have in-game avatars (we have to choose an avatar on our Nutaku profile page, which is used in the game as well).
So avatars can never influence the girls dropping.
That would imply the Nutaku players would have a massive advantage, and that's something Kinkoid definitely doesn't want.
So I would say that that's throwing away a spin, instead of helping you.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

On Nutaku we don't have in-game avatars (we have to choose an avatar on our Nutaku profile page, which is used in the game as well).
So avatars can never influence the girls dropping.
That would imply the Nutaku players would have a massive advantage, and that's something Kinkoid definitely doesn't want.
So I would say that that's throwing away a spin, instead of helping you.

very nice approach, sounds reasonable...
so most likely it is like girl and gift drops on bosses,
which dont affect each other as well...

• Sad 1

Had just over 5400 Kobans, so opted to risk 3 trips to the Event Well. Three spins (4 rewards each). Total results: 2 mono-stat gear, 4 multi-stat gear, bunch of gifts, 1 avatar, 1 girl (the Ripley expy). 

I lucked out that I got a girl for the same 5400, but she dropped on the last spin and that was nerve-wracking.

I would have preferred that the Event Girls be ALSO in Epic, just a reduced/dilute chance to get them, and it be my choice if I want to take the risk but nonetheless have a guaranteed girl, or risk a non-guaranteed chance among Event-only girls.

Another complaint, which I've had for a while: the Silver HH-medallion animation when *something purple* drops. I always think, "Yes! A girl!" when it turns out to only be a legendary item. I RECOMMEND either limiting the Silver Medallion to girls-only—OR—changing the COLOR of the medallions to differentiate when a girl drops. 

Like either make it purple when a girl is not being dropped, OR GOLD when a girl is among the drops

• Like 5

On 12/12/2018 at 6:11 AM, Kinkoid said:

As stated, the price of guaranteeing an event girl should be around 7000 to 8000 kobans.

Why? The price is whatever you decide .Don't try to duck responsibility here. And let's not obscure prices with kobans here, either. 7200 kobans is 50 euros. An event girl should cost 50 euros? Really? How did you calculate that?

And as for "a high chance of gaining 1 event girl or 1 event avatar" I want to be very clear here: The avatars are worth nothing. Anyone interested in them will buy them directly for a third of the price. Anyone getting one from pachinko has wasted not just the 1200 extra kobans that the spin cost, but the entire 1800 to get something they never wanted. So how much of this "high" chance is going towards a girl and how much of it is going towards garbage?

Earlier in the thread you said you had the "experience" that providing drop rates would not improve game play. When was this? Saying you had the "experience" with it means you tried it at some point. So I repeat: when was this?

And another thing, you do realize that this actually makes it MORE difficult for newer players to catch up rather than less? If a new players has to spend more than 5400 kobans for an event girl they just have that many more kobnas to spend to catch up to those of us who HAVE gotten event pachinko girls in the past. I have 4. At 5400 kobans each, that's a total of 21,600 kobans. If a newer player has to spend more than that to get 4 event girls then I am the one with the advantage in the new system.

Can you tell a new player that he'll be where we are after he's a year of playing? If they're spending kobans and all they're getting are garbage avatars for it, then they'll just be behind forever.

Edited by Urist
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, fap.titans.gra said:

The new Event Pachinko is rather for new players not for old ones.
Generally the assumption is that the event girls in the Epic Pachinko, do not break through the overall number of girls in an Epic Pachinko. The chance is simply too small for event girl. 
For new players this new Event Pachinko, it is the possibility of a bigger choice + easier legendary girl and legendary equipment to get.  For old players unfortunately Event Pachinko is just a waste, because they have cleaned up the Epic Pachinko of girls, so there are actually just have event girls in Epic Pachinko, and you know that the cost of getting a girl in an Event Pachinko(7000-8000 Kobans) is higher than in an Epic Pachinko(5400 Kobans). So this change is made for new players, but the game developers said that they want to do something more with the Epic Pachinko in 2019. Maybe it will be a change in the plus, but we will see in 2019. For now, we only know that the overall cost of obtaining a girl is more expensive in an event Pachinko, but the rarity of girls is higher and there is a lot of legendary equipment (unfortunately the majority of rainbow ones, for new players is good, for the old, not necessarily) + this is gambling (there is no guaranteed girl)

Here's the problem with that a lot of players saw that if we wanted a decent shot at getting the event girls we had to empty the Epic Pachinko.  So we spent somewhere around $50 PER GIRL so we could get them all out.  Then one day with not even a week warning @Kinkoid decides that we're doing it wrong and that the Event girls will ONLY be in the new Event Pachinko, that will cost more to try and win.  Now can you see why a lot of us are pretty damned pissed about this change?  

Personally, I was dropping around $100 to $150 an event just so I could keep up with what was out and get all the ones I wanted in addition to my Patreon contribution.  I'm not going to be doing that anymore.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Damoncord said:

Here's the problem with that a lot of players saw that if we wanted a decent shot at getting the event girls we had to empty the Epic Pachinko.  So we spent somewhere around $50 PER GIRL so we could get them all out.  Then one day with not even a week warning @Kinkoid decides that we're doing it wrong and that the Event girls will ONLY be in the new Event Pachinko, that will cost more to try and win.  Now can you see why a lot of us are pretty damned pissed about this change?  

Exactly what happened to me, which is why I'm done with this game.

• Like 4

On 12/11/2018 at 2:43 PM, Kinkoid said:

5400 kobans is the price for "a girl guaranteed" within a huge range of girls, so to keep it balanced, to have "a girl guaranteed" in a way smaller range, the price would go up. As we desired to keep this new pachinko available for most players, we wanted to avoid an increase of price. So we needed to do a choice between the guaranteed and the price.

But after reading many posts I am prone to bet that there are many players who would be willing to pay that price, and I am not one who makes bets without thinking to have a good chance to win.

On 12/10/2018 at 6:53 PM, Observer_X said:

As for the experience increases and the game quality improved, we will need to evaluate the increases and hope that the effective application of the patch does not give place to people complaining for bugs at 5:02 in the morning, as it happened in the past. I fervently pray that at least this part of the patch will deserve the appellative "acceptable".

And, after seeing the whopping +2 experience points per arena battle won, I can say that this is not the case.

• Like 1

Isn´t it OUR choice as players, if WE want to spend 5400 Kobans to get a guaranteed girl or to gamble who knows how many Kobans AND STILL only getting TRASH instead of a girl?

I myself am currently no Fan of the new Pachinko chances. If I wanted to gamble, then I would be playing pokerstars oder lottery.......

Edited by chaser
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Damoncord said:

Personally, I was dropping around $100 to $150 an event just so I could keep up with what was out and get all the ones I wanted in addition to my Patreon contribution.  I'm not going to be doing that anymore.

From Kinkoid's point of view I suspect you indeed were doing it wrong - they don't want intelligent players who are approaching the game and its content strategically, they want ignorant patsies who don't realize what they're getting themselves into.

• Like 7

So... Lemme get this straight; just from skimming through the Patch Notes and the forum here...

Instead of 5400 Kobans = 10 Games of Epic Pachinko (Winning 1 Confirmed Girl + 9 Items) we now have the possibility of spending 5400 Kobans to get 12 Games of Event Pachinko where all we get are guaranteed/confirmed Legendary Items (gifts or equipment that are sub-par to what can be bought in the Market - with IN-GAME cash mind you, not Real-World cash) and a "high chance" (yeah right...) of winning an Event Girl or a worthless picture to post on your profile that doesn't do crap for game play improvement... Seems like a brand new way to entice people to dump real world money to me. (Kind of sounds like the old $0.25 a piece or three for $1.00 rip-off that stores used to snooker people with.) I'll get right on that. Not...

Edited by Kuradur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kuradur said:

So... Lemme get this straight; just from skimming through the Patch Notes and the forum here...

Instead of 5400 Kobans = 10 Games of Epic Pachinko (Winning 1 Confirmed Girl + 9 Items) we now have the possibility of spending 5400 Kobans to get 12 Games of Event Pachinko where all we get are ...

a little correction: it's 12 rewards. but as each spin can yield 1 girl max it's only 3 chances for a girl (and also 3 chances for the cosmetics but as i fully agree with you on their usefulness i wrote it just in parantheses).

1 hour ago, Kuradur said:

Kind of sounds like the old $0.25 a piece or three for $1.00 rip-off that stores used to snooker people with.

never saw that happening in any shop. but sounds "fun". 🤣

Edited by Habi
  • Like 1

The funniest part is they still dont get it.

If you make a guaranteed method of getting an event girl (even a bit more expensive) people will not complain much.

This gambling shitshow is the last thing we needed.

Oh, well...

Just for a reference, I did try once and got BBarda, does not mean I am all for that change.

And yes, this change hurts mostly the old veteran players which have stayed here for better or worse.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, _shal_ said:

From Kinkoid's point of view I suspect you indeed were doing it wrong - they don't want intelligent players who are approaching the game and its content strategically, they want ignorant patsies who don't realize what they're getting themselves into.

"From Kinkoid's point of view I suspect you indeed were doing it wrong - they don't want intelligent players who are approaching the game and its content strategically, they want ignorant patsies throwing bucks after bucks in gambling game of chance that only devs wins.

There, that's what the devs really wanted with this change. 

• Haha 1

I disagree with some posters when you play 10X epic pachinko yes you are guaranteed a girl but most of the time she is a disappointment

and the legendary items dropped are multi stat and unless,  very rarely do you receive a mono stat item in your specialty 

Where as my experience in event pachinko has found that of the limited pool of girls available they seem to be more desirable 

I've played event pachinko 9 times and have won 3 girls, but what I found most useful is that you generally also win mono stat items in your specialty

that can really help your teams overall stats 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dirty harry said:

@Kinkoid

It is a very small thing but I can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet. If they have, my apologies.

When you click on the revival in the home screen and subsequently on the girls in event pachinko they say: get me in Epic pachinko.

It's like an itch I can't scratch.😖

They fooled you all!
They are still in the epic pachinko!
Get them!