Alright, could we stop the Dark Lord Events?

Taka007

The past 3 Events were Dark Lord only/Dark Lord + small tier boss Events. Since I´ve gotten the other Event girls rather quickly through either luck or Event Pachinko I can say that I literally spend the entire December (except for 3-4 days) on Dark Lord trying to get the Event girls. That´s kinda frustrating and I´m thinking about ignoring any upcoming Dark Lord Event girls because I´m tired of seeing that guy by now (different Skins don´t make any better). It´s kinda sad getting that 35k for 10 fights when Roko would give 10x the amount 😫

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, saint said:

This is one of Kinkoid's better decisions because it does ensure new players have a chance of getting at least one event girl during there first few events.

I don´t mind new players getting a chance at those, but I would suggest giving the event girls to a) a lower boss b) a higher boss. Because sure, I want the new players to get a chance at them. It´s what pulls them into the game as well. But older players shouldn´t be "forced" to fight Dark Lord for weeks/month. Especially with the current Event-plan with 3-4 days a month being no Event.

It shouldn´t be so difficult to give Event girls to two bosses instead of one. That way both new and older players could profit from the events. This way it´s only targeted at new players.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Taka007 said:

The past 3 Events were Dark Lord only/Dark Lord + small tier boss Events. Since I´ve gotten the other Event girls rather quickly through either luck or Event Pachinko I can say that I literally spend the entire December (except for 3-4 days) on Dark Lord trying to get the Event girls. That´s kinda frustrating and I´m thinking about ignoring any upcoming Dark Lord Event girls because I´m tired of seeing that guy by now (different Skins don´t make any better). It´s kinda sad getting that 35k for 10 fights when Roko would give 10x the amount 😫

While I agree with you, you do have to remember that the current event is revival from a  time when pretty much all event had girls dropping from lower bosses (1-3). The same thing with previous sci-fi event. As for Legendary, it was there to give everyone a chance to get her. 

But otherwise, this is something that devs had actually improved things. All the new events had had girls dropping from much higher lvl bosses. 

Edited by ShadowHaamu

The problem is not that they are on dark lord but more than the lower level villains are not the same level as the player I suggested that ages ago and got a reply that they wanted level caps on the villains.

Having the legendary girls on all the villains would be nice as well they did that during the anniversary event where you could fight any villain and they had the same girl drop pool no matter who you fought.

16 hours ago, Lemus said:

The best solution would be to make that all the bosses have same event girls as it was done on the birthday event in August, but I suspect that this will never happen.

I agree with this. Just let all Bosses have the Event girls. Whats the point of having girls with specific bosses only?

• Like 1

The whole point of a game is making choices. By putting the girl on Dark Lord they are forcing you to choose. Choose to fight the Dark Lord and have a chance of the girl but kill your cash flow or choose to bang away at a higher level boss and keep your cash flow at max? Your choice. Maybe you do not like the girl (I'm looking at you, all you Gork haters), maybe you are hording cash for TOF. Without choices that have consequences there is no game.

3 hours ago, snowman22 said:

The whole point of a game is making choices. By putting the girl on Dark Lord they are forcing you to choose.

This is true for life as a whole, not just games. Very few decision points are cut and dry obvious — if they were we'd all be making the same decisions...and we clearly don't.

The Christmas Revival is looking like the first event/revival where I won't earn at least one girl, not counting the 2-week event that was nearly over when I joined.  I can only say that because every event I've seen so far has had at least one girl available from way down the power chart.  I'm reasonably certain that I would have felt as though the community didn't value new blood if it had been otherwise, and I may have walked away in search of greener pastures.

Now that I'm battling Donatien (still only half-way through the story as it stands now) my "perception" wants to change.  I could have decided to pull 10k+ fighting Edwarda or Donatien makes the (relative) peanuts we get from Gruntt and Dark Lord seem punishing.  The fact that my streak of success might end contributes as well — the fact that the costs ended up outweighing the benefit stings.  I can only imagine how much more it hurts when the amount of money being pissed away is tripled.

Why do I say that my perception only "wants" to change?  Because it wasn't that long ago that I was benefiting from the situation so I still remember it.  Also, as someone who occasionally buys a lottery ticket, I have to acknowledge that the benefit isn't winning the lottery or snagging a girl for my harem, it's the chance of getting that desired outcome.  The fact that I wasted all that money banging my head against a cheap wall and got nothing for it doesn't change the fact that I could have gotten 1 or even 2 girls making that choice.  And others no doubt did manage to see both drop for them.  Does it sting? Sure, but that's hindsight.  Will that feeling inform my future decision over the same question?  No doubt, regardless of which way I go!

So, even though the system didn't work for me this time, and may not work for me again next time, I'm not about to rail against it. I might complain or whine about my luck having turned, but that's how RNGs work, and doesn't reflect an issue with the design philosophy of the devs.

Ultimately, we not only choose our decisions, we also choose how we feel about them.  Actual outcomes influence us, but they don't control us. If they did, the world would be a much sadder place.

• Like 1

Those who suggested Kinkoid et al. follow the 2 year anniversary event and place the two girls with every villain is the best I've seen.  The fact that it was done proves it's possible in future.  The idea of skins is a red herring in my opinion and the girls attached to him/her would be indication enough that it is an event.

Of course, this complicates things for the event window.  Which villain do they allocate for us to "Go to..."?

The issue I have a real beef about is the apparently extremely low drop rate for gift items from those villains who don't hold an event girl.  For the entire current revival to date I have yet to get an item, even a lousy bunch of flowers.  And yet I've got both girls in all six accounts but one, with only Bryan missing Christmas Bunny - so far, that is, and there's just under 2 days to go.  In the test account no girl has dropped so far.  Only in Peckerbird did I have both girls already.  So why is there this huge discrepancy in the drop rate between event girls and gift items?  If they could at least have the same drop rate then there would be some compensation for battling Dark Lord month after month for 3.5k in cash.  Gifts are much easier to get when trying for a legendary girl and this is handy when upgrading her affection.

45 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Of course, this complicates things for the event window.  Which villain do they allocate for us to "Go to..."?

So why is there this huge discrepancy in the drop rate between event girls and gift items?

Which villain?  The highest one to which you have access, even if another one currently returns more $/battle.  But it isn't a real issue since we can always navigate directly to whichever boss we want to fight.

Do we know this as fact? Has Kinkoid told us that they are different rates?  The perception of different rates is determined by performance, and all the results may fall well within the expected realms of probability & variability.image.gif.d427bd6b808030d9c93eaee75bfe837c.gifI mean, I've only been here a bit more than a month and I've had Event girls drop by the 3rd attempt, and others take 200+.  I suspect I'm going to go O-fer this time.  If I add ALL of my attempts and drops together to guess at the rate none of my results are so outlandish as to indicate a moving or diminishing drop rate.

8 hours ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

Which villain?  The highest one to which you have access, even if another one currently returns more $/battle.  But it isn't a real issue since we can always navigate directly to whichever boss we want to fight.

Do we know this as fact? Has Kinkoid told us that they are different rates?  The perception of different rates is determined by performance, and all the results may fall well within the expected realms of probability & variability.image.gif.d427bd6b808030d9c93eaee75bfe837c.gifI mean, I've only been here a bit more than a month and I've had Event girls drop by the 3rd attempt, and others take 200+.  I suspect I'm going to go O-fer this time.  If I add ALL of my attempts and drops together to guess at the rate none of my results are so outlandish as to indicate a moving or diminishing drop rate.

No I don't know it as fact because, of course, Kinkoid never discloses drop rates.  However, I run 6 main accounts and I can get an idea about drop rates by pooling all the results from these.  What I can say is that, in all the revivals which offer the chance to gain legendary gifts, I might get one or two if I'm really lucky.  This one I've had zero luck, zilch!

Regarding event girls, there is usually only one out of the 6 accounts where I'm unsuccessful.  In this revival I gained Winter Agate in three accounts (I already had her in three others).  I gained Christmas Bunny in four accounts (I already had her in one and I have one account where I'm still to get her).  So that's seven girls in the five accounts where I had yet to recruit one or both of them.

You might think I spent most of the revival trying for one or both of the girls which denied me the opportunity to try for any gifts.  In answer to this I gained the remaining girls by the end of Day 2 of the revival (and all but one of the ones I currently have by the end of Day 1).  This gave me the opportunity to try for the gifts in four of the accounts by the start of Day 2 and in five of them by the start of Day 3, so, if the drop rate is the same for gifts as it is for the girls, I could've expected between one and three gifts by the same stage of the event.

The other thing you may challenge me on is that I have made comparions in only one revival.  No, I had similar comparisons for the last four revivals and, after the third, I began to ask questions about the gift drop rate.  It is different for Legendary Days; the gift drop rate for these is significantly higher and seems twice as good as even for girl drops in events or revivals.

My successes for gaining event girls is pretty consistent across accounts, as I suggested above.  However, as could be inferred, in the previous 7 day revival on of the same event, I didn't do so well and it was among my worst results ever across what was then four accounts.  Back then I gained both girls in only one account (this one, which was quite new at the time and I'd only just finished Invaded Kingdom when the event started).  I had Christmas Bunny in only one and Winter Agate in three.  With six accounts I generally do a lot better from event to event and, as I said above, there is usually only one hold-out account where I fail to gain one or both available girls.  So far, this is no exception.

For regular boss girls, the drop rate for them is extraordinarily low and I've gone for more than two months without a single drop.  This is especially the case as from April this year when there appear to be changes in the drop rate overall.  I wonder if the drop rate for these gifts is halfway between that for event girls and for that of the regular boss girls.

My sample (admittedly low for an assessment of random probability) is based on six - rather than one - accounts and also based on a six month time period when I started to make comparisons and keep records.  It's a little like climate science trying to work out trends in randomness.  Hihi...

Edited by Zorba the Geek
edit text
  • Thanks 2

@Zorba the Geek it is very helpful to have someone running 6 accounts who is willing to post their rates. My estimate from my one account match yours and it looks to me like Kinkoid sets the 4 day event girl rate so that of the players who make optimal use of free whacks (4 * 48 + 20): 55% get 1, 30% get 2, 15% get 0. I've had about twice as many 2 girl 4 day events as 0 girl ones.

In general I think Kinkoid tries to arrange it so in each event the bulk of the players who use all their free whacks get at least 1 girl. You could interpret  this as meaning 4 day events are the best time to buy refills.

This post is @Tommy55 approved.

• Haha 1

every time I get free kobans by completing all daily activities

I use 12 to do a 10fist competition fight against a boss

I did NOT get the legendary girl Taren the champion

but I have been able to get the current two event boss girls

and several of the regular boss girls

by using this 10X fight method as often as possible.

single fights just aren't doing it for me but the 10X's are.

--- then I burn the rest of the kobans doing an upgrade for a girl

and have to wait till the next day to complete all activities again.

started Nov 24th, am right now lvl 67 with 29 girls

and got 27K ego - by buying stat points with "dollars"

and right now got a dozen girls ready to upgrade

but no kobans to do the upgrades with.

4 hours ago, antsy said:

-Snip-

The 10x rolls are not any better odds then the single rolls, if you got a girl on a 10x roll , you would have got said same girl had you did that in 10 x single rolls, save your Kobans for Pachinko to unlock new girls, also don't waste Kobans on upgrading, use your in game money to do that, it will come in fast enough.

• Like 3

Back to the original topic,

I would have to say I don't mind the girls on the lower bosses, esp. Dark Lord. I've noticed that I usually have better drop rates for girls and legendary items on the lower end bosses than the higher end bosses, esp. Roko.

if the World 11 boss continues to drop affection items only, we will welcome new girls on Dark Lord. He doesn't drop much money, but it's better than nothing. I can't believe things have gotten so bad that we could be looking forward to fight Dark Lord

2018 the year HH fell off a tall cliff

2019 the year HH hit the ground at terminal velocity

• Like 5

18 hours ago, DHarry said:

Only 4? You haven't been counting for very long right? 😉

Well, I didn´t actively paid attention to it, yeah. But it´s more the "in a row" thing I´m noticing. I haven´t seen much of other villains for the whole of December and now January as well. If there was at least a break in between where he doesn´t have his hands on a girl, but no, it´s constantly him I´m seeing (especially because he doesn´t want to give me the girls he is keeping). At the beginning of this topic there was something about "revivals are set, but on new events they choose higher ranked bosses", but that´s not quite the case this time around. 5-6 weeks of fighting Dark Lord with Roko still being level 150~ and getting close to the end of University feels bad.