the new attraction system is a joke change my mind

Likah

7 hours ago, Observer_X said:

There is a thought that hit me a couple hours ago that I would like to share.

KH players are free to hate me after this, but I think that, if really in a couple of months we will get a legendary revival as it was for Levitya, Norou and Fanny&Fione, the KH players who did not get Fabienne will start favorited, while other specialty players that in the past had not gained their needed girl (Golden Bunny or Taria the Champion) will start too excessively penalized, being a fact that they spent time and resource in the past to obtain their specialty girls (failing) but in the revival they start at 0 shards while Fabienne hunters will start with a number of shards in their pockets.

All this makes me think that, given the rarity and power of legendary girls, it would have been more equilibrated to introduce the new shard system the next month. This way at the next legendary revival all players who did not catch their needed girl would all start on an equal footing. But having seen how things had been in the past, I suppose that asking for equity in this game is like asking a blind form birth to describe a painting.

Oh, I totally agree with that. I notified the devs of my objections about that from the start. Don't introduce it before the legendary days event, because it won't be fair to a part of the community. I think that they find it more important that nobody spends 10k+ kobans and get nothing than that some players now have a small advantage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lhans said:

So would spending about 3.2k Nutaku kobans (19200HH) for Karole's girls be a waste or no?

I would consider that a waste, yes. It isn't bringing you extra girls, so even though you probably had a good reason, to me it never is justified using kobans on getting regular villain girls. They go nowhere, but those kobans are gone now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

I would consider that a waste, yes. It isn't bringing you extra girls, so even though you probably had a good reason, to me it never is justified using kobans on getting regular villain girls. They go nowhere, but those kobans are gone now.

<shrugs> One man's junk is another man's treasure as they say. For me, kobans is there to make my life easier and save me time resulting in less frustration and more enjoyment. Like why some people use 10x and some people don't. As for a more detailed reasoning, you just have to scroll up to another earlier post of mine.

Edited by Lhans

I read your reasons. For me it is still wasting kobans. If you reached world 11, you should by now have a good grip on your money balance. You have played long enough to adapt a strategy to never run out of things like affection (books is the only exception... they are too uncommon to keep up with your progress). In my experience spreading is delaying the moment you completely catch up, unless you whale your way to that point.

(I am not saying this applies to you, this is just a general remark: ) when you waste kobans in ways like this, you automatically lose on points when complaining about not being able to get event girls in the given time. With this system it is easy enough to force your way to a girl even though it is never 100% guaranteed. Resource management doesn't seem the strong suit for certain players.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

(I am not saying this applies to you, this is just a general remark: ) when you waste kobans in ways like this, you automatically lose on points when complaining about not being able to get event girls in the given time. With this system it is easy enough to force your way to a girl even though it is never 100% guaranteed. Resource management doesn't seem the strong suit for certain players.

<sighs> You haven't read my post where I said I had a 100% capture rate did you? All I said that I miss those early lucky hits in the old system which is more common than in the new system. Apparently I'll have to say something similar to every new person who only read a few of my posts before angrily retorting.

Edited by Lhans

1 minute ago, Lhans said:

<sighs> You haven't read my post where I said I had a 100% capture rate did you? All I said that I miss those early lucky hits in the old system which is more common than in the new system.

And you didn't read the first sentence of the quoted part, didn't you 😒

7 minutes ago, Lhans said:

<yawns> It's like someone saying "I don't want to offend but ..." then promptly offends someone. 

Or you can get those snowflakes out of your hair and realize that not everything is directed at you. Spoiler alert: you are not the only one on this forum.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lhans said:

Seriously. All I said was I miss the jackpots. It makes me wonder if people actually read and more importantly understand what was written. And I can't criticize a  system just because it's new? That's the best time to do it in order to make it better. If we don't do it early, it becomes part of the status quo and we'll be stuck with any imperfections it may have. 

Yes you said you missed the jackpots, that's why i pointed out the miniscule possibility of it happening. In your sentence it seemed that you criticized the system, because you didn't have the same luck with it. You said you could get a girl with just a few fights in the old system and implied that this isn't possible with the new one- which is untrue. Ofcourse you are welcome to criticize the system, but there is a huge difference between constructive criticism based on data provided along with it(number of fights it took and so on)and a hate bandwagon one(going: boo i didn't get a girl this system sucks). Your criticism regretably falls in the second category or at least seamed that way with the way it was presented.

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

Oh, I totally agree with that. I notified the devs of my objections about that from the start. Don't introduce it before the legendary days event, because it won't be fair to a part of the community. I think that they find it more important that nobody spends 10k+ kobans and get nothing than that some players now have a small advantage.

Well changes will always screw up some people. Remember when they overhauled the old harem system with the rarity of girls? I and a lot of people lost tons of money we had used to upgrade girls to 5 stars, only to find they costed measly amounts once they had become common(grey) this was especially prominent if you had more than 50 girls(the prices were skyrocketing). 

Edited by Cantrix

15 hours ago, Cantrix said:

Yes you said you missed the jackpots, that's why i pointed out the miniscule possibility of it happening. In your sentence it seemed that you criticized the system, because you didn't have the same luck with it. You said you could get a girl with just a few fights in the old system and implied that this isn't possible with the new one- which is untrue. Ofcourse you are welcome to criticize the system, but there is a huge difference between constructive criticism based on data provided along with it(number of fights it took and so on)and a hate bandwagon one(going: boo i didn't get a girl this system sucks). Your criticism regretably falls in the second category or at least seamed that way with the way it was presented.

Hm, let's try dissecting the paragraph you commented on.

Some people really comment on things they don't know anything about. (skip)

This resulted from a comment on mine that I miss the jackpots from the old system or 100% attraction as it is known now. Since the implementation, I've yet to get one before I completed 100 shards for a girl that's all. (This is criticizing the system now? All I said I haven't gotten the new 100% attraction hit since the start, which is why I miss it.)

And I've never said it was hard, as of this date I have a 100% capture rating, when it was a hit or miss before.(skip)

Just saying that before you could be done in just a few battles if you were lucky. Now it's always a  hundreds long battle fest to grind through (for me anyways). [Ah this, I meant in the old system you merely need to be lucky, new system you have to be extremely lucky. I'm not implying it isn't possible; I'm saying it has been less likely for me as I've yet to get one, but I hardly think that puts me in the hate bandwagon. More like "it could be better" wagon. Like a person protesting in hope stuff gets better (shot down by kinkoid already, about drop rates anyways). Ah well.]

Yes, I know this is a positive but it still won't stop me from missing those early lucky hits. On the flip side, I won't miss those months long droughts. (skip)

Edited by Lhans
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kinkoid said:

We can also add that the core of the game is the Collection, not the Battle system. The PVP is a side system to provide more activities for players. This is why we prioritized the change of the core system instead of convenience for a side system.

Thats cool, but Im sticking with the ”KH had to wait the longest for a 2nd legendary, now we are the first“ explaination. You can use it too now, I dont mind. 😁

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, DHarry said:

At the same.time, KH players had to wait, by far, the longest for their 2nd Legendary girl to even exist. So, there is that. 

That's exactly why I said that KH would have been free to hate me: because in my book that is not a reason strong enough to be so advantaged in the future legendary revivals.

On 2/21/2019 at 6:51 AM, Cantrix said:

If you wanted her so much, why didn't you spend kobans on her? I have spend 3k kobans on herр because i wanted her and i don't regret a single one.

There's this pesky thing called Real Life Obligations, so I didn't have time. If it was two days, I'd go for it, but by the time I saw the change it was too late as I could play only shortly, my 'luck' reset in the process to boot.

I'm calling BS, It would be fair from the Devs to put her in a 4 days revival ASAP, because to wait for the next Valentines day is a total robbery of my time. 

I have yet to obtain an Event girl from boss fights since shards were introduced, before I almost always got both girls, many times very fast, in fact, this system takes most of the fun from the game by burdening the player as some chore or even a second Job, something a game I play to relax from those should not be.

13 hours ago, Observer_X said:

That's exactly why I said that KH would have been free to hate me: because in my book that is not a reason strong enough to be so advantaged in the future legendary revivals.

No hate from me bro. But you didnt mention it nor that you would consider it not strong enough a reason. So I added it to the discussion. It is what it is though. I still think its fair. Feel free to hate me. 😁

1 hour ago, Vulture said:

There's this pesky thing called Real Life Obligations, so I didn't have time. If it was two days, I'd go for it, but by the time I saw the change it was too late as I could play only shortly, my 'luck' reset in the process to boot.

I'm calling BS, It would be fair from the Devs to put her in a 4 days revival ASAP, because to wait for the next Valentines day is a total robbery of my time. 

I have yet to obtain an Event girl from boss fights since shards were introduced, before I almost always got both girls, many times very fast, in fact, this system takes most of the fun from the game by burdening the player as some chore or even a second Job, something a game I play to relax from those should not be.

There hasnt been a single complete event yet with the shard system aside from the legendary one. You cant compare that. Wait for that youll see its the superior system. 

On 2/22/2019 at 8:46 AM, Observer_X said:

There is a thought that hit me a couple hours ago that I would like to share.

KH players are free to hate me after this, but I think that, if really in a couple of months we will get a legendary revival as it was for Levitya, Norou and Fanny&Fione, the KH players who did not get Fabienne will start favorited, while other specialty players that in the past had not gained their needed girl (Golden Bunny or Taria the Champion) will start too excessively penalized, being a fact that they spent time and resource in the past to obtain their specialty girls (failing) but in the revival they start at 0 shards while Fabienne hunters will start with a number of shards in their pockets.

All this makes me think that, given the rarity and power of legendary girls, it would have been more equilibrated to introduce the new shard system the next month. This way at the next legendary revival all players who did not catch their needed girl would all start on an equal footing. But having seen how things had been in the past, I suppose that asking for equity in this game is like asking a blind form birth to describe a painting.

You need to tell that to the players that keep posting that the new shard system is worse than the old drop system because they think that it's not better.
The new Know-how legendary is the worst out of the three based on stats due to having mixed defense both the Hardcore and Charm legendary have more defense against Know-how the stats on Fabienne would more better suit a Charm legendary due to their defensive ability that needs to be rebalanced because it's too weak.   (Know-how players are still getting owned by hardcore players because their legendary has more know-how defense than the know-how legendary has hardcore defense so it has not changed that hardcore are still the strongest class)

If hardcore or charm got their second legendary last they would get the same advantage however you would have to lose more arena and league battles like Know-how players did in exchange for that because the other classes had two legendaries with hardcore having the biggest advantage due to getting their legendary first both times. (Know-how are the ones that had to deal with Hardcore getting their legendary first both times the worst from being weak to hardcore)

The kobans that Know-how players lost from not being able to get as high ranked in the leagues would be more kobans that they saved with the new shard system and they the other two classes already got their second legendary as well so you can only really take advantage of it against players that did not get their second legendary.

Both hardcore/charm also benefitted from being able to get a legendary that was not their class easier as well due to them not having to waste as many kobans on her so they can take the kobans saved into the next legendary revival to get whatever legendary girls that they missed out on.

During the first set of legendary day events for the first 3 legendary girls, it was a big fuse on the forums/discord due to them changing the second legendary to Know-how due to balance reasons due to Charm having so many 5 star girls from the story mode of the game so in other words if they did not do that then Know-how would have gotten their legendary last both times so if charm ability was not so bad then Know-how would be the most fked over class in the game due to to them having it even worse from hardcore getting their legendary first and the know-how legendary last.

Edited by natstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Kinkoid said:

-snip- :)

Just trying to get your attention ^^ Hi.

If you guys like the new shard system, great! If you want to keep it, that's cool also but OMG can we please bring back the old way of how we get the girls with the whole screen going dark and the star burst and the girl coming towards the screen and filling in from shadow, I really dislike the new way the girl appears, Thanks 😃

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Kamira said:

Just trying to get your attention ^^ Hi.

If you guys like the new shard system, great! If you want to keep it, that's cool also but OMG can we please bring back the old way of how we get the girls with the whole screen going dark and the star burst and the girl coming towards the screen and filling in from shadow, I really dislike the new way the girl appears, Thanks 😃

The good thing about the new way is because they had a stupid rule where posting girls outside of their starting pose counted as a spoiler on screenshots of you getting girls to drop and this was only on the English forums/discord this rule does not exist on the French forums/discord and they refused to make it fair by removing that rule on the English side.

So going back to the old way would force players to keep on editing their screenshots just because they want to have an unfair rule.

• Like 1