Patch Notes 03/04/19 (club features) discussion thread

windia

A resoundly "meh" idea.

Instead of contributing to fixing runaway issue, it only exacerbates it.

Mixing min-maxing, powergaming crowd with a bunch of social issues inherent to any "clubs", AND with implied necessity to invest in-game (or, in case of whales, RL) money makes clubs a ticking bomb, which will be blowing up in Support's faces. Can somebody be kicked from the Club? Will their contributions be returned upon removal? No? Ohohoho, I predict a popcorn-worthy scenes in the future then.

If "social" feature needs unrelated boosting to be interesting, then clearly "social" feature fails to be interesting.

Edited by Barf
Engrish
  • Like 5

The card is perhaps 1-2 euro too expensive. 9.9 USD = 8.9 EUR - but changing the currency means changing the country and that means sending an e-mail somewhere to request that, right?

The clubs have not been really worked out. As all the bonuses stay with the club, it gives enormous power to the club owners. They can use members to upgrade, then kick them out and invite members who haven't invested a cent but will get the bonus for free.

But on the good side, this could create a market for dead accounts in the 150-300 level range or with around 100 girls. These accounts could be used as cash and koban cows to boost clubs, then kicked out after the club has been upgraded. It's just a a question of where to advertise "used to play Hentai Heroes but abandoned your account? we will buy your username and password for 5 bucks". Could there be a special section in this forum?

• Like 3

Or is there perhaps a better way to monetize this with existing players, without the need to somehow dig up those who have given up on the game months or years ago?
"Want to make real money playing Hentai Heroes? Just go to your account for a few hours every day and do all the daily activities and collect as much money from girls as you can. Contribute 4500 kobans and 30 million ymen a month to the club and we will use PayPal to pay you..." What might be fair? 5 bucks? 10?

The good thing with this is that these players don't even have to be club members, they can just join for a few minutes occasionally to make the club payments and can be kicked out and replaced with real benefiting members after that.

Edited by jaybee
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

My jaw dropped when i saw the bonuses the new "social" feature of the game will provide. Now this will be pushed not an option, but as a mandatoru requirement if you want to be relevent in leagues... simply awesome we are moving closer to the p2w model with each passing patch.

The "golden" monthly card isn't worth it especially considering you won't be able to purchase a silver once you have it... Moreover the 15x fights in leagues is unusable, because if you wait to get 15pts you will be capped and lose time for new points. The free 10x fights with bosses is nice and is the only real convenience that it provides.
Costwise is a waste. With the regullar monthly card we are getting 600kobans per euro, with this new card the gain is 450kobans per euro and why is the cost is 9.99usd/9.99euro last time i checked 1euro was1,13usd why are European players supposed to pay more for the same service?

I may sound a bit too negative, but having pushed around towarfs "social" features when i just want to spend my time ALONE relaxing while playing a f#*ing hentai mobile game. If i wanted to socialize i would do it here in the forums!

So roll back this shit and remove the real power bonuses those so called "social" features provide. If you are so inclined in putting an incentive make it cosmetic- a new avatar or a portrait, not a power boost! As mentioned above a big chunk of the player base will be abused as cash cows upgrading the clubs only to be kicked out without nothing in return for the money and effort they have invested!

What a joke of a patch, or so i hope. It is posted on april the 1st...

Edited by Cantrix
  • Like 2

Better yet, keep those stupid boosts.

But, at the same time, have them work only during Club activities.

That's right - Club-exclusive activities, aka something that makes Clubs actually, you know, "social" feature, bs chat notwithstanding.

1. Club-Only contests with rewards dispersed among club members and/or among top contributors, proportionally to contribution.

2. Club-Only Arena, when you can use this revolutionary "chat feature" to set up group fights against randomly selected groups. Rewards as above.

3. Club-Only Leaderboard. See above.

4. Club-Only Tower of Fame. See above.

When you're done developing these Club-Only features, your Club-Only boosts will be both fitting and useful. Right now they seem as yet another feature designed to hunt whales, while driving through a bunch of normie fish.

Until you develop something *like* the above, consider NOT trying to convince people to join relatively useless Clubs by boosting their non-Club performance.

Funny enough, I think removing Chat feature mighty actually prevent some of incoming drama. Who would've thought having fewer social features could result in fewer social issues in your social tool. You could almost imagine it means something's wrong with a design of that social tool in the first place.

Edited by Barf
  • Like 3

Ok, there is an option to increase the member capacity of a club, by up to 20 levels. Currently, there is a maximum of 20 members. Will this increase to 40 or will a club start with a single member (the founder) and will have to be levelled up until there is a capacity of 20 + 1 members?

Each Upgrade is providing one of the following bonuses  

• Member Cap (1 for Level)

25 minutes ago, Birdie_ said:

Ok, there is an option to increase the member capacity of a club, by up to 20 levels. Currently, there is a maximum of 20 members. Will this increase to 40 or will a club start with a single member (the founder) and will have to be levelled up until there is a capacity of 20 + 1 members?

as soon as the club is created, it can hold 20 members.
you get +1 member slot for every upgrade, so in the end a club will be able to hold 40 members.

1 hour ago, Cantrix said:

What a joke of a patch, or so i hope. It is posted on april the 1st...

Sadly I doubt this will be the case. At least this golden card feature is already on test server, so it will be coming. 

But in general, I agree with all, who had comment about the "social feature". On principal level, these new club features are good idea as they make the club better. Yet, because of the way clubs are designed now, these new features can be abused so damn easily. Club leaders can take the money/kobans from the people and then kick them out. 

And I bet you right now that there will be people doing exactly that, if devs won't but some safeguards in there, especially those competiting for higher places on leagues. 

I do agree that there should be a safety for the players.
I would set it up like this:
1. If they are kicked --> get everything they invested in the club back, setting the club back in the progress.
2. If they leave on their own accord --> you lose your investments to the club.

Off course this would be a little less black and white.
But that would require Kinkoid to set up a moderator system.

• Like 7

Just now, Chthugha said:

I do agree that there should be a safety for the players.
I would set it up like this:
1. If they are kicked --> get everything they invested in the club back, setting the club back in the progress.
2. If they leave on their own accord --> you lose your investments to the club.

Off course this would be a little less black and white.
But that would require Kinkoid to set up a moderator system.

I really like the first one. It would both safeguards members and also punish those clubs that tries to abuse the system. 

Another system is of course that you can't kick people out anymore, they can only leave on their own accord. Granted, this system could've it's own problems as some people just might be so much of challenge that you would need a way to get rid of them to make the club better place. So, maybe a system, where you need multiple people to approve the kick, before it happens. Yes, system like this could still be abused, but at least there are some safety nets there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Svante said:

I think 10€ per month is quite a lot. The 10x and 15x time Buttons are not so much an improvent, why can't you include them in the normal monthly card.

Agree! Moreover the ratio kobans per euro has shifted from 600per euro to 450 per euro, i don't see incentive to buy this new card. The 10x free boss fights simply aren't worth 150kobans loss per euro...

15 minutes ago, Svante said:

I think 10€ per month is quite a lot. The 10x and 15x time Buttons are not so much an improvent, why can't you include them in the normal monthly card.

I think this is just a new way to milk some extra cash out to people trying to get in top places in league or girls from events. After all, with this card, it will feel like you can do league faster and cheaper. It will also make the girl hunt so much easier... or should I say, it will make it easier for you to burn your kobans.

But really, this new system needs something more to actually make it worth it. Like certain number of free daily (2-3) resets/restocks for arena/shop.  Sure, it would be just another p2w feature, but at least this would make this new monthly card closer to its 10€ price stack. 

Edited by ShadowHaamu

Oh, I noticed something else about the club features too. 

There is huge list of things in ¥men gain section. But I fail to see the one category mentioned, the one that actually matters..... income from your girls. That would've been the only thing that this max 10% increase would have made the difference. 

And if you need some good explanation for why this happens, then make it so that your "sell" viewing rights to your club. For little extra cash, you sell right for club to watch yours in action or your girls takes pictures of themselves, but them on some club.net and every time someone "looks" at those pictures, the girl's income increases. Naturally, nothing like this happens in real as this would be just "in-game" explanation for why your harem girls income increases. 

I mean, why couldn't they do something like this as they are already making some feature/programm/whatever to make calculation to increase to various numbers in the game. So, why they couldn't make the one for something that would've actually mattered? 

It's not entirely a bad thing... just not that friendly towards low-levelled players.

It makes winning against inactive players in league easier, and it also gets you income bonus.

Yet, the gap between old and new player would just keep on expanding, seeing that there's no benefit for a high end club to welcome low-levelled players..

and the potential for abuse that you guys mentioned 😴

Er $9.99 for Gold Monthly Card? That's too expensive. If you compare what kind of subscription services you can get in entertainment for that price or even lower, this monthly card is rather lacking. I suppose certain people will still get it as everyone's view on price is relative to their financial means, I certainly won't however.

• Like 3

Yeah it's expensive and should give more kobans probably. As one girl (5400 kobans) costs about 40 euro by ordinary purchase, then about 95% of the purpose of the monthly card is to give you access to cheaper kobans. If the card gave around 180 a day or 5,400 kobans a month or one free girl for 10 euro, I could appreciate it more.

Now it feels a bit expensive - not by much, just 1-2 euro a month but it's still a difference. With the 3 euro card you feel you are getting a good value. Those who don't use it are just against paying for a game in principle - but I guess nearly 100% of the monthly card users would currently say the price is fair for what you get.

Some might feel it for a 10 euro gold card but I guess most of those who start to use it will complain about the price.

You will not get any new customers with this. There will be zero non-payers who will say: "Wow, this gold card is such a good offer that I just have to start paying for this game now." Yeah, many 3EUR payers will probably upgrade but most of them will turn into unhappy 10EUR payers.

The game has a number of big problems but you almost don't get complaints "I am paying 3 euro a month for this shit, fix it!" It's really small money and almost 100% of the payers are happy with the pricing, so they accept the problems. With 10EUR a month, there will be a lot more complaining, threatening to quit, aggravated core paying players. There will be too many comparisons with what you get for the same money from Netflix.

What might help are special regular promotions only to gold card customers, like pay 2EUR for 5,400 kobans or something like this not available for the general population. Because really, the only purpose of the card is to get cheaper kobans, nobody cares about the 10-fight option.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Because really, the only purpose of the card is to get cheaper kobans, nobody cares about the 10-fight option.

If they bump up the amount you get per day, I'll consider it definitely. As it is, the 10 fight/15 fight capability is not enough of a draw for me. The way it stands right now, the price range of that gold monthly card should be around 7.50.

• Like 3

Without any knowledge of the financial return of this game to the devs, I see sense in creating a gold card. I don't think it will change the playing field that much either. There are players  now who monthly pay one off amounts buying kobans over and above their current "now silver" monthly card, these player pay EUR10 for1320 kobans or EUR20 for 2760 kobans and so on.

Buying a gold card will be alot better value for those players and will create a regular income stream for the game devs to budget resources against. Current card holders will stick to their current outlay, free to play players will remain the same, it's a win for the devs without changing the landscape much for the players. This game is biased towards those that pay already,  so nothing changes. From a business model though, regular income vs unknown spikes from one off purchases is gold. 

I don't think it is a coincidence that a new game development is announced at the time a new income stream is released either. They need to pay staff to create this and I bet all of us are eagerly waiting what this new game looks like.

As far as the club developments are concerned - they are crap. I cant see it working. I joined a lower level club based on patriotic region. Like football Premier League the rich will get richer and the poor will remain poorer with this model, players will change clubs due to reward not loyalty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huangover said:

Without any knowledge of the financial return of this game to the devs, I see sense in creating a gold card. I don't think it will change the playing field that much either. There are players  now who monthly pay one off amounts buying kobans over and above their current "now silver" monthly card, these player pay EUR10 for1320 kobans or EUR20 for 2760 kobans and so on.

Buying a gold card will be alot better value for those players and will create a regular income stream for the game devs to budget resources against. Current card holders will stick to their current outlay, free to play players will remain the same, it's a win for the devs without changing the landscape much for the players. This game is biased towards those that pay already,  so nothing changes. From a business model though, regular income vs unknown spikes from one off purchases is gold. 

Considering they already have people on patreon paying 10 for less kobans than the gold monthly card, I suppose it's a better value for those people.

Edited by Lhans