Free/Low Money Player Koban Use

DrakkoShade

Hello! Just started this game 2 days ago, really enjoying it. I plan on buying Koban in smaller amounts here and there, but don't really have the financial income to consistently put in large amounts of money or even the monthly offers (student 😢 ). What would be the best uses of Koban, the 6K Pachinko? It does seem to accumulate at an OK rate even for free players. Thanks for any advice!

If you're looking more towards collecting as many drops as possible i.e. the quantity rather than some specific drops, it is much more efficient to save kobans and then spend them for Epic days and Legendary days events. That would be much cheaper. Epic days can probably take as much as 16,000 kobans per event.

Also, in the Epic Pachinko the 5400 option gives more value than the 6K one.

• Like 3

@John 1039 When you say use them in Legendary days events, like we just had one pass, do you mean refill my Combativity uses to grind more bosses? Or is there a special Pachinko then? I was too new and didn't really pay attention to the Legendary days that ended yesterday or whatever lol.

Edited by DrakkoShade

Basically try to save kobans to get girls, don't waste them on any upgrades or something like that. At the beginning I made the mistake - if I didn't have enough money, I could always use kobans to upgrade some girl to another star: that's a huge waste.

Do everything you can in the game to get the free kobans (daily tasks, contests, weekly rewards, Arena, League etc). If you also get the cheap monthly card (3 EUR/USD), this will give you around 11,000 kobans a month, enough for two Epic Pachinko spins every month. But, as said before, you might hold them for Epic Days or other events.

You should calculate the cost of one girl as 5,400 kobans (one Epic Pachinko spin), so any event that allows you to get a girl cheaper than that is good. E.g. at the last legendary days, most people needed free fights + bought fights for 3,000 kobans to get the girl, therefore it was a good spend.

Don't worry about equipment and other things initially, you level up very fast, so anything you get will be useless within a few days. But when you are level 200 already, some equipment that you get with your Epic Pachinko 10x spin can be useful and strong for 1-2 months.

• Like 3

Yes. Refilling your combativity if you're going to miss out on an event girl is the on average cheapest way to ensure growth in your harem.

I personally don't use Epic Pachinko if it would put me too low in Kobans (typically 10k is my limit, yours may need to be higher if you want to try and get all 6 girls from bosses during Epic Days).

I would also recommend the monthly card above all other purchases of Kobans. It's by far the best value for money (silver better than gold in terms of Kobans per dollar, but gold just gives more), while also adding features that can make game play easier.

Edited by GeorgeMTO
Spending recommendations
  • Like 2

At least at the beginning that's the only way to spend kobans. On higher levels Leagues and their awards (thousands of kobans) might mean other strategies but you will figure it out if you stick to the game long enough.
At the beginning just get all the free girls you can get (3 girls during every classical event 1-12th day of every month, 2 girls from each revival (14-19th day and 25-30th day every month). That's 7 free girls + boss girls that you get for free by progressing through the story. You should try to get them with free fights only, not spend kobans to buy fights, unless you really have to at the end of the event.
And during the monthly special event (20-24th day every month - different each time) you can decide if you want to spend kobans to buy fights and get girls that way.
Otherwise just collect kobans for Epic Pachinko 10x spins - you get a girl each time + some legendary items that will be useful (usually). Not so much during initial levels, as you will outgrow the items very fast.
If you use Epic Pachinko or spend kobans during the monthly special events is up to you - special events can be more useful but you might not like the girls on offer there.

Contests are a good extra income, so you should try to be 1st-4th place in each and every one. That means certain activities (like the Epic Pachinko spin or giving experience to girls etc) should only be done when you have a contest that gives you points for that. To be efficient, don't just click away randomly and spend your money without any reward.

• Like 2

As for the upcoming events, the three events I mentioned are pretty set in stone (classical + 2 revivals). The only surprise is the monthly special event (19th-24th) but its exact nature will be revealed 1-2 days in advance. But yeah, this forum has a Announcements section and each month on the first day they upload the monthly calendar there.  Although you won't get much information from there.

Correct, basically never refill energy. I am sure there's a time & place in the last couple minutes of contest where you are close enough that using a msall partial refill will net a profit, but that has to be really rare.

Yeah it really does not matter at all how quickly you go through the story. At some point you will catch up, your energy bar will be always full, you are at the end of the story and there is nowhere left to progress, until a new scroll is uploaded 1-2 times a month. But most of the time it's just a dead end.

This game is about patience an resource management but you are free to make your own strategy.

- Real money spending: Best value is silver monthly card if your budget is tight. If you cannot really spend 3€/month then be a free player.

- Koban earning: do all daily and event missions everyday, you can win contests in the early game for some kobans, a bit from tower of fame, and some from leagues too if you can manage to be strong for your level.

- Koban spending: don't spend a single koban in the first two months until you get the feel of the game. After that, refill some combativity at the end of events if you have a girl near to 100 shards, but keep saving kobans. Use then in epic and anniversary days when you have a good amount. Never use kobans to upgrade girls or energy to advance story. After some time playing you will know the smart way to use them.

- Ymens (in game money) spending: In early game great pachinko is a good inversion. Upgrading girls (at least your alpha girl, the one you use in your battle team), buying books and affection items to increase girls levels. Later on upgrade your stats in the market.

Koban solution for newbie player:

• Complete all "Daily Mission" to receive 150 koban reward
  • Don't focus on "Contest" on early game
  • Don't focus on "League" in Tower-Of-Fame, BUT participate every day
  • KEEP the koban above 4000-5000 koban at all cost
  • Don't use koban on "Refill Combativity"
  • Only use koban on "Refill Combativity" when it a legendary event
  • Try to play "10xEpic Pachinko" if you have around 9000+ koban
  • Keep in mind that "spending 3000+ koban on a legendary event to get '5-star legendary girl' through fighting the villain" is normal
  • MUST NOT use any koban on "Refill Energy, Collect all, 10xPerform, 15xChallenge, Refresh Arena, 1xEpic Pachinko, Draft pachinko, Event Pachinko"
  • MUST NOT buy any booster on early game
  • MUST NOT buy any common-booster
  • MUST NOT use koban on upgrading the girl
  • MUST NOT use koban to complete the mission

Note: Complete every "Daily" stuff, Don't let energy bar and combativity bar full, collect money from harem every few hours, play this game every 6 hours

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotBlueNeon said:

• Keep in mind that "spending 3000+ koban on a legendary event to get '5-star legendary girl' through fighting the villain" is normal
  • MUST NOT use any koban on "Refill Energy, Collect all, 10xPerform, 15xChallenge, Refresh Arena, 1xEpic Pachinko, Draft pachinko, Event Pachinko"

Note: Complete every "Daily" stuff, Don't let energy bar and combativity bar full, collect money from harem every few hours, play this game every 6 hours

This is pretty good advice. I disagree somewhat on the "contest" advice, as there are ways to focus on contests early on, particularly when it's late in the contest, and you are close.

I also do not agree on the contest advice, if you are good observer you can make a lot of kobans out of them with a small investment, at least on nutaku

edit: and of course playing epic pachinko, it's way better to spend your kobans on epic days, for equipment you can easily play great pachinko once in a while (best timing is of course a contest)

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

Yeah, I also think contests are especially good early in the game. You can expect more than 90% of the accounts to be dead and remain at zero points initially, in many cases only 4-5 players register points. In the Wanker 1 group with 100+ members, 3 players have registered points this week, so the early Leagues are also very easy. Granted, the koban gain is also small in the early stages - but better than nothing.
And of course both contests and leagues become increasingly difficult as you progress and the share of dead accounts falls. But you can expect a more than 50% dead accounts ratio for quite many levels, 100 levels at least, maybe more.

On 4/27/2019 at 10:52 AM, NotBlueNeon said:

All of them are pretty solid advice, but I can't say I agree with the koban spending tip.

Is there a reason you suggested us to keep koban above 4000-5000 koban at all time? I can't imagine not spending it on a revival event if I am only a few shards away from there..

And how much should I save for anniversary? Seems like it's almost time to start saving.

• Like 1

Nobody knows what the anniversary will look like - they either have to reimagine it completely or go back to the roots and only hand out 100 shard drops.
In any case the chances at anniversary fights are better than 5,400 kobans for a girl (meaning around 25 times to buy boss fights or 500 fights).
So how much you save depends on how much you want to spend but you can easily click away 20,000 kobans during an anniversary. More if you still want to keep clicking.

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Nobody knows what the anniversary will look like - they either have to reimagine it completely or go back to the roots and only hand out 100 shard drops.
In any case the chances at anniversary fights are better than 5,400 kobans for a girl (meaning around 25 times to buy boss fights or 500 fights).
So how much you save depends on how much you want to spend but you can easily click away 20,000 kobans during an anniversary. More if you still want to keep clicking.

The question is, would anniversary worth spending koban on more than the other events though? Suppose I have a limited supply of koban, would it be better to stop spending koban not only on pachinkos, but also on refills for epic days, revival/classical events.

7 minutes ago, dummyhunter said:

The question is, would anniversary worth spending koban on more than the other events though? Suppose I have a limited supply of koban, would it be better to stop spending koban not only on pachinkos, but also on refills for epic days, revival/classical events.

Because we have no idea what it would look like (2nd anniv was HUGELY different to the 1st and we've had the drop system changed since then), I have no idea how to answer it. I'd definitely recommend not spending on pachinko because if it isn't worthwhile the Epic Pachinkox10 (the only one worth using) isn't going anywhere and you can just use it afterwards. Spending on refills is probably worthwhile [as well as the small handful a classic might still need], but Epic/Legendary days is really tough to judge.

• Thanks 1