3rd Kinkversary HH - Discussion

John 1039

1 hour ago, trunks2585 said:

Yeah, no.  When the devs say 'this is what we are doing for the event.'  Then they come back after the weekend and go 'oh by the way, here's some new girls and 200 points', but they give us a terrible drop rate on shards, then the devs absolutely need to accept some of the blame.  Their news and last minute changes mislead players, and they can be blamed for that.

Yep i have no quams about that, but it's personal choice wether you should throw away all ur resources for pachinko. The devs did that to appease the players who didn't have to do nothing at the anniversary  NOT to screw the players who were happy to spin the pachinko,as i said only an idiot would willingly want to alienate customers.Being angry about it is like being me being angry that people played pachinko and got girls and i didn't... that's shortsighted at the least. people are feeling burned, because they have spend all their resources on the pachinko and they didn't had any left to spend on the boss girls, but THEY made the choice to do so NOT the devs and not knowing there would be changes isn't a factor. And the droprate wasn't worse than usual. I needed 8k kobans for both girls(4k kobans per girl is way cheaper than a 10x pachinko spin). I don't get why people think they should get the girl within 200 tries(average 500 battles are the norm for me).

Edited by Cantrix

I can't speak for everyone, but again, I play other games.  Some give better drop rates and rewards, some are stingy on handouts.  I think other players might have similar experiences if they like these sort of collecting games.  Might be worth starting up a poll to see how many players here on the forum are familiar with gacha games in general.

[Start of irreverent irony mode]

Toh! I would never have said it would end like this!

blob.png.c4dee8d6e660af92435aa012d6852ccb.png

[End of irreverent irony mode]

I stay on my previous hypothesis: they introduced the two girls and given the 200 combativity bonus to give people the hope to obtain at least one, straying their attention from other things. And with me they had full success, as you can see. Or, I should say, double success, due to my stupidity, as in the haste of spending the bonus, I forgot to check the girls specialty and choose the wrong one.

• Like 1

Yes, this anniversary was also a surprise party!  In Peregrine Took I was caught with my pants down, so to speak.  I was not on the home page, but trying against Jackson's Crew when I realised that 200 combativity units were added to that account.  So I spent 100 of them against the 'Crew'.  When I went back to town I then read the news that popped up and saw two new girls available.  "Fuck, fuck FUCK!" I said, checked out these girls and realised they were in the same classes as my respective accounts.  AND they were legendary!

This is a run down of how I managed to get the girl I wanted in every account.

So I checked out all the other accounts and found the same thing.  Natch!  Petra was perfect for my HC accounts and Elina was a catch for my KH accounts.  That they were also very cute was an added bonus and I was keen to see their affection upgrades and affection scenes.  I feel sorry for the charmers, though.  An extra charm girl would've been fairer.

I then went back to Peregrine Took and made the best of a bad job switching to a battle for Elina.  It was a great start - 24 shards in the first of the remaining rounds.  This wasn't repeated, however, and it was a grind getting any more than x4 shards each round of 20.  It was the same in other accounts but at least there I had ten rounds each to play with.

By the end of all my extra combativity in my best account (Peckerbird) I had Elina up to x80 (within reach) and the next best was Petra at x56 in this account.  From then on it was a slow, slow grind, and towards the end of the event I had to expend kobans to refill each account.

By the time I had to make a real effort with refills to get these girls Elina was on x92 in Peckerbird and she was a certainty.  The next best was x63 and the worst x43.  I knew it would be touch and go, but I felt I had enough kobans to achieve it.  So it turned out with the girls I wanted in every account, but in Lili it was a very close run thing.  Petra was on x99 and I felt I had a real chance if I refreshed when the combativity meter was on 16/20.  I had only 86 kobans to refresh with and had to wait until the last half hour before I had enough combativity to top up to 20.  I probably didn't have to because I got Petra second try with a x3 shard drop.

The moral of this story was three-fold: (1) didn't really have to go for broke to get these girls and needed to use only around 1,100 kobans to do so in even the worst accounts.  This is a very reasonable investment in my view.  I didn't need both girls in each account; (2) the drop rate was as for Epic Days, expected in view of the fact that these two girls were to become Permanent EP girls, so I didn't expect any better; (3) I think the 200 combativity point reward was in compensation for the late start that the girls were in play rather than a measure of generosity on Kinkoid's part.

Still, I think that the HH team were having a great laugh at how they managed to dupe us all with this event with girls most of us already had and no chance for the newbies to get the mission girls they didn't.  Yes, they'll have a laugh, especially if they bothered to read some of the comments on this topic.  Well, it's nice for some...

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 4:23 AM, sucker360 said:

The two new girls and 200 combativity is a nice gesture. However, I was about to suggest a make-up event, so if anyone from Kinkoid reads this, feel free to use this at some point in the future:

Make an event that seeds girls in a user-specific fashion. If a user has shards for a girl but not completed, put them at the villains. Seed them by taking the girl the user has the most shards and put them in the lowest world (so they have to fight that villain the least) and continue from there. For all remaining villains (and users who don't have girls with shards), seed girls at random ranked by rarity and star level, preferably girls from missions they don't have. E.g. Dark Lord and Ninja spy have 3-star Rare Girls, Gruntt and Edwarda have 3-star Epic Girls, Donatien has a 5-star Rare Girl, etc. etc.

Also, please, for the love of fuck, if you hand out 200 Combativity, ADD THEM TO WHAT THE USER HAS and don't just set each user to 200. Lost 10 combativity this way.

That last point you made was a good one.  I didn't think of that.  Not so generous after all.

Yeah, I was at work when the 200 combativity dropped.  So while I still viewed it as a give-away, it stopped me from gaining combativity for a few hours.

BTW, did everyone who complete the event quests get a second set of event equipment?  I did.  I had mentioned in this thread having promptly sold my event equipment, as it wasn't as good as what I've already gotten from the Champions.  The second set I received was a little bit better, and I ended up keeping one piece of it and selling the rest.

On 7/24/2019 at 10:17 AM, FUN4ALL69 said:

I guess the people that run this game do not understand the concept of anniversary gifts. Giving out 200 fight points do not mean crap when it ends up only giving you maybe 20-30 'gems' in getting a girl. Just enough to get your hopes up and then crush them. QUIT BEING SO STINGY WITH THE GEMS ALREADY! You dangle all these girls out there then change the 'randomness' of getting gems to a trickle! Never got anything above a 4 in gems at any one time in the hundreds of battles fought! I know you 'tweak' the randomness because there have been quests where I would get nothing under a 4 gems and mostly got between 7-12 gems consistently. I guess those days are gone! Do you really think making it harder to 'win' girls is going to increase player spending real money? WHY WOULD ANYONE SPEND MONEY IN A GAME WHEN IT DOES NOT PAY OUT? WHY ARE YOU MAKING IT SO HARD? YOU LITERALLY HAVE AN ENDLESS SUPPLY OF GIRLS!  

These two girls are now permanent Pachinko girls, which means the drop rate to get shards for them is that for Epic Days - pretty abysmal.  What wasn't acceptable is that they used the same drop rate to get rare or epic mission reward or those attached to bosses.  There should've been a few 10x to x12 drops for these.  I had a chance to find this out in the test account where I didn't have Tanned Housemaid.  This is pretty poor form from HH when they were meant to include us in the celebrations.

I thought this horror drop rate had transferred to the current revival until I finally got a x10 shard drop for Rebecca in Herbie Hynde on the main server.  However, it is definitely lower than usual.  I'm sure of that.

2 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

These two girls are now permanent Pachinko girls, which means the drop rate to get shards for them is that for Epic Days - pretty abysmal.

Wait, they are?  Okay, then, let me see if I can get this straight...I dumped all of my kobans and all of my combativity points for days, including the 200 comabativity point gift, into getting one of those girls.  Now I can spend thousands of kobans more, hoping that I will essentially get the other 8 shards I have left on her.  Well, that makes perfect sense.  Otherwise, I can wait until the powers that be decide to bring her back into an event, which could literally take years, or indeed never happen at all.  Meanwhile, she and seven other "incomplete" girls are sitting there cluttering up my harem.  They really need to find some way to award "spend as you like" shards.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

These two girls are now permanent Pachinko girls, which means the drop rate to get shards for them is that for Epic Days - pretty abysmal.

Incorrect, shards range in epic days is 1-5, but in 3rd anniversary it was 1-4, just a bit better than in legendary days 1-3.

To recap from patch notes 12/02/19:

Villains

• In addition to winning a girl by getting 100 Attraction points for her, you will be able to seduce a girl from each villain by getting Attraction points in the following manner:
    • Dark Lord will give between 1 and 69 Attraction for his girls (outside of event girls)
    • Ninja Spy will give between 1 and 30 Attraction for his girls (outside of event girls)
    • Gruntt will give between 1 and 16 Attraction for his girls (outside of event girls)
    • Edwarda will give between 1 and 7 Attraction for her girls (outside of event girls)
    • Donatien will give between 1 and 7 Attraction for his girls (outside of event girls)
    • Sylvanus will give between 1 and 8 Attraction for his girls (outside of event girls)
    • Bremen will give between 1 and 7 Attraction for his girls (outside of event girls)
    • Finalmecia will give between 1 and 5 Attraction for her girls (outside of event girls)
    • Roko Senseï  will give between 1 and 4 Attraction for his girls (outside of event girls)
    • Karole  will give between 1 and 3 Attraction for her girls (outside of event girls)
  • From now on each event will have a chance to distribute Attraction points for each of the girls you still need to seduce:
    • Classic Event will give between 1 and 6 Attraction for girl
    • Revival Event will give between 1 and 12 Attraction for girl
    • Legendary Event will give between 1 and 3 Attraction for girl
    • Epic Event will give between 1 and 5 Attraction for girl

7 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

These two girls are now permanent Pachinko girls, which means the drop rate to get shards for them is that for Epic Days - pretty abysmal.  What wasn't acceptable is that they used the same drop rate to get rare or epic mission reward or those attached to bosses.  There should've been a few 10x to x12 drops for these.  I had a chance to find this out in the test account where I didn't have Tanned Housemaid.  This is pretty poor form from HH when they were meant to include us in the celebrations.

I thought this horror drop rate had transferred to the current revival until I finally got a x10 shard drop for Rebecca in Herbie Hynde on the main server.  However, it is definitely lower than usual.  I'm sure of that.

Yeah. If not for that "gift" of 200 combativity  I wouldn't be able to get even one of those mission girls. (got Neidre in the last hour of the event). Rate of 1-4 is basically a legendary rate and it's abysmal. Especially for the "celebration" of bringing back girls from missions. Why they did that instead of 1-12 like for revival event? No idea. I guess the celebration wasn't meant for users.

Honestly, the situation with mission girls sounds more like a mockery.

• "Oh, honey, did you miss mission girl? No problem! Now you have a chance to get her! Hurry up!"
  • "But Kinkoid-san, she's in the latest world, which I've yet to reach."
  • "Didn't you play Mario, sweetie? Of course your princess will be in another castle. Refill your energy to catch her!"
  • "Kinkoid-san, I reached that world and tried to win her, but it seems her shard drop rate is the same as legendary girls."
  • "Of course it is! You missed her, naughty boy. And now she's playing hard to get. Here, buy some combativity to win her heart!"

Oh, and also that smug green exclamation point will forever remind you that you wasn't good enough for all of our FREE avatars.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, EdMuse said:

Wait, they are?  Okay, then, let me see if I can get this straight...I dumped all of my kobans and all of my combativity points for days, including the 200 comabativity point gift, into getting one of those girls.  Now I can spend thousands of kobans more, hoping that I will essentially get the other 8 shards I have left on her.  Well, that makes perfect sense.  Otherwise, I can wait until the powers that be decide to bring her back into an event, which could literally take years, or indeed never happen at all.  Meanwhile, she and seven other "incomplete" girls are sitting there cluttering up my harem.  They really need to find some way to award "spend as you like" shards.

Yes they are.  Sorry!  If you go into Epic Pachinko you will see them as still available, unless, that is, you managed to get them already.  So I think it's fair to assume they are permanents (yes, it's a drag finding that out).  But yeah, there was a certain meanness to the last anniversary event.  The allocation of very ordinary girls was particularly nonsensical (or sadistically cruel), suiting neither newbies nor seasoned players.  However, in my case I decided to go for broke and try for one of the legendary girls in each account, even with the worst who was on x47 shards when I went into the normal use of kobans and having to wait 10 hours for a complete refill each time.  I estimated I had just enough kobans to make it at the end and, in the case of Lili, it could hardly have been closer.  My best koban count at the start of the refill session was 2,300 and the worst was 1,100.  So those who had around this number of kobans to play with had a very good chance of getting one of the girls if my example was anything to go by.

What people didn't expect, I guess, was that they would've needed piles of kobans for EP to get more than one of the supa-dupa girls with the chances of getting Shao, Arianne, Skytte or Liu-yeng instead not lessened.  But then there was a chance to get Aylie, Fukai, Katsumi, Trinket or Evelyn...  In other words, hardly any change on just playing the Pachinko on any other day.

Last year we were trying for a number of epic girls from Pachinko attached to each villain.  Without spending any kobans I managed to score 5 of them in one account (some players got up to 15!).  People were generally happy with it.  Looking back it now seems like the good old days with the attraction system making such scores now impossible without forking out kobans hand over fist, or having saved up 5,400 kobans per girl with only a re-roll option available to try to get a better choice.  In my view the big elephant in the room is the shard system and how it's lowered our chances of getting a girl.  But at least we now have running account of how the drop rate is manipulated from event to event and I suspect that there is an algorithm in play to lower the drop rate once we get a girl to x85-90.

One last thing, I really, really miss the shadowy silhouette drop animation.  This was fantastic and really got my blood flowing.  Please, if you are reading this Kinkoid, bring it back!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

One last thing, I really, really miss the shadowy silhouette drop animation.  This was fantastic and really got my blood flowing.  Please, if you are reading this Kinkoid, bring it back!!!

I second that

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

My best koban count at the start of the refill session was 2,300 and the worst was 1,100.  So those who had around this number of kobans to play with had a very good chance of getting one of the girls if my example was anything to go by.

My experience bears this out.  Having recently spent a bunch of kobans in a prior event, my koban count was about 1,050 at the start of the event.  I got 92/100 shards on Elina.  If I had started with 1,300, I might have gotten her.  Or with better luck, maybe even a little less, as I recall going my last three combativity refills without scoring a single damned shard on her.

6 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

What people didn't expect, I guess, was that they would've needed piles of kobans for EP to get more than one of the supa-dupa girls with the chances of getting Shao, Arianne, Skytte or Liu-yeng instead not lessened.  But then there was a chance to get Aylie, Fukai, Katsumi, Trinket or Evelyn...  In other words, hardly any change on just playing the Pachinko on any other day.

Yeah, I didn't expect this, either.  I'm not going to try to portray the devs as money-grubbers, as having people pay to play is how they make their living.  But perhaps this was a strategy to try to get people to buy kobans.  Lead us into being low on kobans at the start of the event, and by the end, we'll pay in.  As for those girls, some of them I already have, but at least two, Trinket and Arienne, are among my "clutter girls," with 58 and 45 shards, respectively, from previous events.  Sara Jay is in there, too (25 shards), as is Fabienne (33 shards), and I believe they were available in the Pachinko, as well.  So they now fall into the same category as Elina for me, where if I were to win them in Pachinko, all of the combativity and kobans I put in on them previously would seem like a waste.  IMHO, just not a good gameplay experience, there.  But at any rate, I didn't have enough kobans saved up at the beginning of the event to play the event pachinko, at all (didn't even have enough to score Elina, as it turned out).

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 9:29 PM, EdMuse said:

They really need to find some way to award "spend as you like" shards.

20 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Last year we were trying for a number of epic girls from Pachinko attached to each villain.  Without spending any kobans I managed to score 5 of them in one account (some players got up to 15!).  People were generally happy with it.  Looking back it now seems like the good old days with the attraction system making such scores now impossible without forking out kobans hand over fist, or having saved up 5,400 kobans per girl with only a re-roll option available to try to get a better choice.  In my view the big elephant in the room is the shard system and how it's lowered our chances of getting a girl.  But at least we now have running account of how the drop rate is manipulated from event to event and I suspect that there is an algorithm in play to lower the drop rate once we get a girl to x85-90.

And this is why I strongly oppose the shard system as it is.  I've thought of two ideas that would improve the shard system (and knowing the devs, if they listen, they'll twist said ideas around and implement them in the worst greedy possible way they can, so sorry in advance if something like that happens.)

The first idea is like what Edmuse said.  We need shards we can freely allocate to girls.  Shards you gain that can be spent on any girl (or maybe only on girls you have partial shards for already, or otherwise permanent girls) that don't expire.  This way you don't have to wait a full year or even longer than that to get some of these girls that you've started to collect.  Let's be honest the whole concept of 'well you started to win them, you just have to wait for them in another event' doesn't mean a damn thing, if you don't know when that event is even going to be.  Case in point, when is the next legendary days revival?  Will it have all the legendary girls or just the latest ones?  Do to the poor selection from the anniversery event, I doubt players that missed out on levedia or the maid twins got them.  When will we see golden bunny again?  The list can honestly go on.

The second issue is winning shards for permanent pachinco girls on the epic days events.  You win X number of shards but don't get the girl.  Then you take a spent at pachico, maybe trying for an event girl but you don't want to run EvP because of it's no guaranteed rule.  Instead you get a girl you started, and now all those fights don't mean a damn thing.

This is why we need some form of 'free to spend' affection shards, and hell it could even be really easy to impliment.  You know how you get flowers if you go over the required shards for a girl, so the extra shards become flowers?  Scrap that, and just make the extra shards that, extra affection you can spend freely on someone else.  Let's be honest, the epic flowers aren't really that helpful.  Other ways to earn free to spend shards would be nice, (rewards in area, rewards from bosses you've already earned all girls from maybe, daily missions and league rewards).  This would be a start to improving a system that still has the player base very divided on if it's a good idea or not.

My second idea is a lot more complicated and changes how the shard system works, so I don't expect it as it might just be a pain in the ass to even consider.  But basically marry the shard system to the old 'invisible increasing drop rate odds' system that the boss girls use to have.  Basically the idea would work something like this.  We'd go back to the hit or miss odds of getting a girl, no partial shards till you collect 100 unless you got lucky with the 100 drop.  Every few fights though you would gain some form of affection or impressing the girls you are after, maybe represented with filling up a heart gauge.  The more the gauge is filled up, the higher the drop rate chances are.  It could be balanced to whatever is considered appropriate.  Maybe you gain points to the meter every fight, but the drop rate only increases by .010 percent for each point.  Maybe it's RNG on when points are added, but each point increases the odds by 1-5 percent.  Again, this would be something to test for balancing, but that would be the general idea of it.  Go back to the old system of increasing drop chances, and give a visual indicator of how players are doing.  Maybe even put a cap on how high the drop rate can go. (I doubt most players would need to go over 50 percent odds of getting a girl or they have legendary bad luck.)

This would also give the devs a reason to bring back the black silhouette effect.  Sorry Zorba  but as the system is right now, even if they bring that effect back, it won't have the same meaning to you.  It was exciting because you didn't know it was going to happen.  When you know you hit 100 points, and then get the silhouette, it's just 'yeah I knew that was going to happen'  You might appreciate it for nostalgia sake, but it won't have the same charm.

Anyways that's my two cents and two ideas on the shard system.  The first idea is probably the most realistic idea to go with and I think would make more players more accepting of the shard system.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trunks2585 said:

Sorry Zorba  but as the system is right now, even if they bring that effect back, it won't have the same meaning to you.  It was exciting because you didn't know it was going to happen.  When you know you hit 100 points, and then get the silhouette, it's just 'yeah I knew that was going to happen'  You might appreciate it for nostalgia sake, but it won't have the same charm.

I agree with most of what you said, even though I had to have a few goes at it so I could best digest it.  What you said in the quote above is right on the button, though.  One very simple solution here would be to immediately replace the insipid x100 shard display for a jackpot with the silhouette drop.  In that way it would be totally unexpected and therefore restores much of the thrill of such a thing happening.  No, it wouldn't be the same with the shard system if a girl is on, say, x98 and then two or more shards to bring her to the magic 100.  The silhouette would be pointless under these circumstances - I agree.

So I would suggest an immediate replacement of the x100 jackpot with the old animation - which was a true drop, don't you agree.  As for Pachinko, bring back the old system without any of the irrelevancy of a x100 shard drop.  To me this has been so innocuous that, when I was in a rush, I often failed to realise I actually got a girl until I clicked the OK button because the graphic emphasis was equal, whether it be gift/equipment items or avatar.  As Boris Johnson would put it, "No ifs, no buts, no maybes" just bring it back!

As for your other suggestions, as far as HH are concerned, I don't think they'll fly.  They're a business and would want people to expend kobans and hopefully stoop to buying them with real Euros.  This would surely be their end game.  I would be prepared to bet that the shard system introduction definitely encouraged most of us (including the impatient ones like me) to spend kobans to get those last pesky shards.  To give weight to this opinion, I believe there is an algorithm used for the RNG come into play to slow the drop rate when a girl reaches x85-90 shards.  This would definitely encourage us to spend kobans to put us out of our misery instead of waiting another 10 hours for an auto refill.  However, for once I was wrong in this current event because I got Rebecca to x92 shards two tries into the round and got a x10 drop with combativity at 17/20 in the next round.  That blew my argument out of the water, but this was the only occasion I can recall that this happened.  I had got an amazing 36 shards the previous round to get her to x92.  It was obvious she was desperate to fuck me!

However, in bringing in the shard system and having the geeks running the art and CGI departments, they failed to recognise the endorphin-laced psychology in the effect of the shadowy silhouette and up-to-the-last-minute uncertainty of who the girl is.  That surprise was part of the thrill.  The subtle colour pattern and brilliance of the shard heart gem is the one positive aspect of the new system, but it is poor consolation for what was lost.

I'm sure wise heads would come up with a desired solution.  If it ain't broke why fix it.

Just one last point... I believed I could actually tell under the old system when a drop was likely to occur.  It related to the type and consistency of starburst effect and the dark void created by the slight delay in the winnings display (I could tell the difference between a genuine graphics animation generated and the jerky delay caused by a memory swap in my computer system).

God, it's so long ago now that most of us would've forgotten what I mean!  The analogy would be jerks on the fishing rod from little bites from bait fish, then the big one!  I did my own analysis and found I was right 90 times out of 100.  Where I got it wrong were the unexpected sudden drops, the equivalent of x100 jackpots.  So these little starburst variations were actual accumulations of girl drop chances.  There was something in the way the RNG was configured that had this happen or it was a bug that was never corrected.  Maybe the shard system is a tweeking of what was already present.  Anyway, predicting a drop was totally fun which the attraction system has managed to destroy - vernichten!

On 7/26/2019 at 8:00 PM, jelom said:

Incorrect, shards range in epic days is 1-5, but in 3rd anniversary it was 1-4, just a bit better than in legendary days 1-3. 

To recap from patch notes 12/02/19:

Villains

• In addition to winning a girl by getting 100 Attraction points for her, you will be able to seduce a girl from each villain by getting Attraction points in the following manner:
    • Dark Lord will give between 1 and 69 Attraction for his girls (outside of event girls)
    • Ninja Spy will give between 1 and 30 Attraction for his girls (outside of event girls)
    • Gruntt will give between 1 and 16 Attraction for his girls (outside of event girls)
    • Edwarda will give between 1 and 7 Attraction for her girls (outside of event girls)
    • Donatien will give between 1 and 7 Attraction for his girls (outside of event girls)
    • Sylvanus will give between 1 and 8 Attraction for his girls (outside of event girls)
    • Bremen will give between 1 and 7 Attraction for his girls (outside of event girls)
    • Finalmecia will give between 1 and 5 Attraction for her girls (outside of event girls)
    • Roko Senseï  will give between 1 and 4 Attraction for his girls (outside of event girls)
    • Karole  will give between 1 and 3 Attraction for her girls (outside of event girls)
  • From now on each event will have a chance to distribute Attraction points for each of the girls you still need to seduce:
    • Classic Event will give between 1 and 6 Attraction for girl
    • Revival Event will give between 1 and 12 Attraction for girl
    • Legendary Event will give between 1 and 3 Attraction for girl
    • Epic Event will give between 1 and 5 Attraction for girl

Mostly this was true.  I got 2 x5 drops for Elina one after the other, though.  On no other occasion did this happen.  So they might've dramatically lowered the drop rate for the x5 shards without eliminating them altogether.  What WAS unforgivable, though, was that the drop rate for the ordinary rare/epic event girls attached to the villains did not exceed x4 drops when some x12 drops should've been possible as per normal event revivals.  In this regard I felt for the newbies who didn't have these girls and were being very short-changed in what should've been an all-encompassing anniversary celebration.

There was also some nonsense written about shifting the probability of shard drops to those boss girls that are already in front.  When these notes came out they were unclear (as usual!), but in practice I have yet to see it.  In fact, I experienced the opposite.  In one account I had Toshiko on x88 and Rin on x56.  If I read correctly, this should've shifted probability of drops towards Toshiko when the opposite happened.  Rin went right past to get to x100 while Toshiko languished on x92.  In another account she was on x83 and Willow stormed ahead to almost take the winners' slot, but Toshiko managed to recover to win.  I'll see what happens now that I'm battling Jackson's Crew more consistently, but it seems no better than random the way I see it.