Patch Notes 14/08/19 discussion

Lazy Lord

21 hours ago, spheedy said:

I think Kinkoid made a huge mistake by adding another lvl cap. They should have keep it at 400 and be done with it, like where does it stop, lvl 1000000 ?

I would have like to see the xp used differently at the cap lvl. Once you reach lvl 400 the extra xp you gain should be used in other ways, like convert gained xp in stat points to buy in market, or convert xp into stat points(bonus/extra) to be added on gear. this way ppl at lvl 400 would still be inclined to spend time and money, improving that gear  and stat points , thus  differentiating them form other players

Level increase is completely okay, but only when the new world is released. I don't get why it was implemented midway other than the reasons u pointed out.

• Thinking 1

So happy that kinkoid has ignored my criticism and disrupted this league cycle. They have quite likely stolen 1st place from me and handed it to the top-level guy that was trailing me since day 1. Now my 24.5 points/token is for naught. Kobans wasted.

And just for shits and giggles the update is bugged. Somehow adding a point of my class stat didn't increase my endurance by 5. As I spent my 100M ymen increasing it I was alternating between XXX,XX0 and XXX,XX5 - yet somehow the process ended with XXX,XX6.  It takes real talent to make a computer screw up addition.

If they were trying to drive me out of the game, they are certainly succeeding.  I'll be taking a vacation from it.  Even I don't know if it will be permanent.

Edited by ZackMacKenzie

10 minutes ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

So happy that kinkoid has ignored my criticism and disrupted this league cycle. They have quite likely stolen 1st place from me and handed it to the top-level guy that was trailing me since day 1. Now my 24.5 points/token is for naught. Kobans wasted.

And just for shits and giggles the update is bugged. Somehow adding a point of my class stat didn't increase my endurance by 5. As I spent my 100M ymen increasing it I was alternating between XXX,XX0 and XXX,XX5 - yet somehow the process ended with XXX,XX6. It takes real talent to make a computer screw up addition.

If they were trying to drive me out of the game, they are certainly succeeding. I'll be taking a vacation from it. Even I don't know if it will be permanent.

Are you in a club by chance?

At the risk of getting flamed (jk) I am going to go on record as OK with the cap bump. I am level 345. I was many months away from being able to catch up. I have no problem with those who played longer/more/better or paid more being ahead. Congrats to them. But I do think it was silly to bump the cap so soon. Maybe wait until 100 people hit 400?

The stats thing will make the next few leagues "interesting". The steady state though is (rough):

Old way (Lvl 350ish): 19 * 3 * 32K = 1.8M

New way (Lvl 350ish): 30 * 3 * 65K = 5.8M

So the take away is every level just got 4M more expensive. Not bad, about 2 visits to the champs.

The real annoyance is the meaningless 19 * 3 click-o-fest each level becomes a silly and meaningless 30 * 3 click-o-fest.

Edited by snowman22
_shal_ pointed out math error

11 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

The steady state though is (rough):

Old way (Lvl 350ish): 19 * 3 * 32K = 1.8M

New way (Lvl 350ish): 30 * 3 * 41K = 3.7M

So the take away is every level just got 2M more expensive. Not bad. That is less than 1 visit to the champs.

Where did you get 41k per upgrade from? I'm only level 337 and I'm at over 61k now after reaching the new cap.

• Like 1

Two hours of pressing the cross and it's not over. Was it so hard to make at least a button x10? 

By the way, who doesn't know - this cross can't be pressed often otherwise the server will give you a ban for spam clicks, so be careful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Okay @_shal_ you forced me to do it more carefully and you are right.

2000 stats / bump and 30 stats / lvl is about a bump every 67 lvls

lvl 1 costs 0 (I know it costs 5 but keeping track of the 5 is annoying)

lvl 67 costs 0 + 2000 * 2 = 4,000

lvl 134 costs 4,000+ 2000 * 4 = 12K

lvl 200 costs 12K + 2K * 6 = 24K

lvl 266 costs 24K + 2K * 8 = 40K

lvl 332 costs 40K + 2K * 10 = 60K

lvl 398 costs 60K + 2K * 12 = 84K

I will edit my post. My bad.

On 8/13/2019 at 2:43 AM, MCP said:

I wonder how many people will get IP-blocked for clicking too fast when trying to catch up in stats?

got it 2 times but i dont really care. i use a proxy so that is not really an issue for me

On 8/13/2019 at 10:10 AM, Zamio said:

that's a lot of money in stat upgrade, all at once.

Champions did a lot to improve everyone's money position, including myself. Use to struggle with the money part without champions.

taking away one legendary object had little effect on that. We'll see how it goes. It's of course optional but I expect to be broke again, as soon as the patch hits.

didnt really count but for me it was around 700m cash (lv 394)

1 hour ago, Mythos said:

Maybe they are trying to implement here the clicker game.

At least clicker game will not block you after clicking non-stop for few seconds. The last time I tried to raise stats it took me 3 days to max out and each day it was more than 6 hours of attempts. Until they implement an option to raise stats without being blocked my stats will stay the same.

Like, seriously, there's no option to raise stats for more than one per click. And just after few moments of clicking you get blocked. And how are we supposed to raise stats like that?

31 minutes ago, Bomba said:

At least clicker game will not block you after clicking non-stop for few seconds. The last time I tried to raise stats it took me 3 days to max out and each day it was more than 6 hours of attempts. Until they implement an option to raise stats without being blocked my stats will stay the same.

Like, seriously, there's no option to raise stats for more than one per click. And just after few moments of clicking you get blocked. And how are we supposed to raise stats like that?

I was done in about 40 minutes per account (one here and one on Nutaku), without a temporary ban using a clicker to do the clicking for me :P

3 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

I was done in about 40 minutes per account (one here and one on Nutaku), without a temporary ban using a clicker to do the clicking for me :P

Oh, you were done in only 40 minutes? Sweety, I thought you can go on for days! :P

Yeah, sometimes those teasing phrases from the news are very useful in the context of the game.

4 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Nah, going on for days is highly impractical. Apart from day-to-day life getting in the way, at some point it's just enough :| Time for another face.

You get bored quickly, huh? Then how about Chamelea? Will those kind of shapeshifters be enough for you?

Well, you were talking about another face, so it was a natural suggestion. So Chamelea can't satisfy you... Then, how about someone like a faceless assassin from Game of Thrones? Will you consider someone like that the same person too?

8 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

Maybe Kinkoid's evil plan is:

1. Give all players RSIs
  2. Let them go a week or 2 to fully appreciate the boredom and pain of clicking 90 x per level
  3. Bump the price of the monthly card and add a "1-click stat buys" feature
  4. Profit

Don't give them ideas, you evil mastermind!

14 hours ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

that's incredible high (first time I hear someone (way) over 7000 (but for sure there are some at least in lower leagues), even with boosters, cant imagine that there will someone better, even if he must be as you are telling us - which league are you in and what level are you?

There are by the way too many assumptions in your statement, so I would only then quit if they all will be fullfied, i.e. did you win the league with your 73xx points or not?

5 hours ago, snowman22 said:

Maybe Kinkoid's evil plan is:

1. Give all players RSIs
  2. Let them go a week or 2 to fully appreciate the boredom and pain of clicking 90 x per level
  3. Bump the price of the monthly card and add a "1-click stat buys" feature
  4. Profit

After a week or two probably the most players (even the not active ones) will have their updates, at least the players who probably paying for a monthly card

22 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Where did you get 41k per upgrade from? I'm only level 337 and I'm at over 61k now after reaching the new cap.

i see you are good in math!! can you calculate the cost of the next point to upgrade my main stat plz?I am at level 298 i will pay for the next point upgrade 39.565 and i haven't catch the limit yet!

1 hour ago, sexj said:

i see you are good in math!! can you calculate the cost of the next point to upgrade my main stat plz?I am at level 298 i will pay for the next point upgrade 39.565 and i haven't catch the limit yet!

I don't know which specialty is your main stat, but you need to buy 995 more upgrade points, costing you ~44M in total. The last one will cost you 49395.
image.png.9d54671f1361a612753c4c3f2401f16f.png

• Like 1