Epic Days 20-24 August Discussion Thread

GeorgeMTO

56 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Yeah, that a good point - the dreaded donut!  But it's hard to say what's the best choice.  I'll give you an example.  In this account it was a very close run thing.  During the last Epic Days Petra was sitting on 43 shards and I had enough kobans left for 40 tries plus a partial 10 combativity refill to the 20 max.  The first of the remaining two full rounds I managed to get her to x88.  I then had to wait until right near the end to accumulate enough combativity points to complete the refill and, bingo!, I got her!  I doubt I'd ever have this luck again.  Getting x43 shards in one of those rounds and x2 in the next helped a lot and I think the trend for me in alternating between good and poor drops meant I was on the money for the last spin of the wheel.  So it proved.  I got x15 shards and 3 bonus flowers.

After my buggering up the Subnautica Girls event because of internet disaster I now need some luck.  I was seriously down on kobans because of the five daily missions I couldn't complete.

Wait a second. You had 43 shard in one round of 20 battles? That's insane luck!

Did you do those battles in one go(x10) or one after the other?

Oh, and please never mention that donut again. I'm not superstitious, but after the last time you did it in a Subnautica event I spend 5 days trying to get a single shard drop and it seems for you that event was even more harsh.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 1:38 PM, Bomba said:

Wait a second. You had 43 shard in one round of 20 battles? That's insane luck!

Did you do those battles in one go(x10) or one after the other?

Oh, and please never mention that donut again. I'm not superstitious, but after the last time you did it in a Subnautica event I spend 5 days trying to get a single shard drop and it seems for you that event was even more harsh.

Sorry, haha!  My lips (and fingers) are sealed from now on.  Insane luck?  I'll say!  I should start a thread asking people if they've had similar luck.

Anyway, I've just had another bit of luck... Here we go again!!

image.png.9840b2944e3ee8dcb107894bff98473b.png

If I were to divide the incidence of this occurring by 6 (number of accounts I'm running) I reckon I'd still be doing well.  Oh well, no need to spend kobans trying to get this lovely in Peregrine Took so it's onto the twinnies.  I might even get both.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I should've added, the 'battles' were done individually, not x10 to get x43 shards.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add text
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Sorry, haha!  My lips (and fingers) are sealed from now on.  Insane luck?  I'll say!  I should start a thread asking people if they've had similar luck.

Anyway, I've just had another bit of luck... Here we go again!!

image.png.9840b2944e3ee8dcb107894bff98473b.png

If I were to divide the incidence of this occurring by 6 (number of accounts I'm running) I reckon I'd still be doing well.  Oh well, no need to spend kobans trying to get this lovely in Peregrine Took so it's onto the twinnies.  I might even get both.

Wow! Congratulations! That's awesome! :D Now go pull the same with twins!

Honestly, it kind of feels good that at least some people get 100 drops in this events. Well, maybe because I already got whoever I wanted.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bomba said:

Wow! Congratulations! That's awesome! :D Now go pull the same with twins!

Honestly, it kind of feels good that at least some people get 100 drops in this events. Well, maybe because I already got whoever I wanted.

Yes, maybe a bit quick on the draw with your kobans, but who knows.  Peregrine Took has been my best account with just one girl off 170.

I've got Lapsey to her second star before I ran out of gifts.  Sorry Gwenaelle, you'll just have to wait for your final upgrade because I'm besotted with my newest girl, and I know you're just so sweet and chilled and you'll forgive me as no other girl would!  Oh, I know your final upgrade stats are brilliant (probably better than Lapsey's and a shoe-in for my beta girl), but, oh well.

Ahem... I won't spoil it for other readers, but Lapsey's affection scenes and poses are great too.  I've found they generally go downhill after the first or second, but she's still very, very sexy so far.  Great bod, pretty face, well posed - in other words, beautiful.

36 minutes ago, DHarry said:

I'll say you're doing well. I still have the grand total of 0 100 shard drops. 0, none, not a single one. 

😑

Thanks, but this is the first time I've had one in an Epic Days event.  However, I got Fabienne that way in her Legendary Days event - in Peregrine Took, typically.

11 hours ago, DHarry said:

I'll say you're doing well. I still have the grand total of 0 100 shard drops. 0, none, not a single one. 

😑

Seriously?  That's horrible luck and this is the sort of thing that should not be possible.  This is the kinda crap we wanted fixed when we said the old system wasn't working.  At least it'll be easy for you to decide on if you're gonna spend kobans this even to finish up a girl.  I'm sitting on 44 at the moment.

2 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

Seriously?  That's horrible luck and this is the sort of thing that should not be possible.  This is the kinda crap we wanted fixed when we said the old system wasn't working.  At least it'll be easy for you to decide on if you're gonna spend kobans this even to finish up a girl.  I'm sitting on 44 at the moment.

To be fair, Kinkoid wanted to remove the 100 drop entirely. They only added it later on the test server after heavy requesting. I'm hardly surprised it's an unlikely thing to occur.

1 minute ago, GeorgeMTO said:

To be fair, Kinkoid wanted to remove the 100 drop entirely. They only added it later on the test server after heavy requesting. I'm hardly surprised it's an unlikely thing to occur.

I just re-read Harry's post, my mistake.  I thought he meant he had 0 out of 100 shards period for this event not 0 instant win drops.  Thanks for correcting that.

7 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

I just re-read Harry's post, my mistake.  I thought he meant he had 0 out of 100 shards period for this event not 0 instant win drops.  Thanks for correcting that.

Wow, that would have been bad. I'd quit probably. 😂

Nah, I just want a 100 drop some time. Would be nice after seeing people getting it for the 4th time and all. But I get its supposed to be a rare occurrence. 

12 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

The original system had its own version of a x100 drop.  I can use gaining Willow in Peregrine Took as an example.  I got her very early on in my venture into her world, but failed to get the other two until maybe two months later.  Willow was obtained under the old system and I rejoiced in the extreme surprise of the shadowy silhouette descending.  I can also recall getting Golden Bunny twice this way (in Peregrine Took and Peckerbird).  This was right at the beginning of her Legendary Days event.

So if Kinkoid was going to eliminate the x100 shard drop this would've been even more mean because it would've meant removing something that had previously existed in whatever form you'd like to describe.  At least the x100 jackpot is a relief from the boring predictability that the attraction system has introduced, unwittingly or otherwise.  Yes, and it's right and proper that it's rare.  To be otherwise would be to devalue it.  However, for some reason I have managed to be extremely lucky obtaining these, even accounting for the fact that I have 6 accounts.  So I do feel for DHarry and others in his position.  I read that he had zero x100 shard drops - 'not a single one'.  It's pretty clear, even for me who apparently has literacy problems. Lol.

333 fights on Lapsey,233 fights on Mynx,227 fights on Alpha and Omega.

I wondered other players have the similar amounts of fights in these girls.I mean next time if we can share the fights amount earlier,we can see if some girls can collect with fewer fights and some girls with more fights.

Finally got one girl pretty cheaply - the one on Roko, since he was the highest boss I had cleared of all the girls with an event girl.

Unsure if I should go back to Jackson's Crew for general farming, and maybe get lucky or aim for a girl I prefer more. My contests are somewhat telling me to stay on Jackson's Crew: 2 are fighting boss related, but there's no way I'm making top 4 in either of those, but I'm in the top 11. Will decide later on today.

1 hour ago, yoyowhan said:

333 fights on Lapsey,233 fights on Mynx,227 fights on Alpha and Omega.

This is by far the luckiest figures I've ever seen for an Epic Days event's shard drops.

1 hour ago, yoyowhan said:

... if we can share the fights amount earlier,we can see if some girls can collect with fewer fights...

Unfortunately or fortunately, this isn't how the system works. It's all RNG based, one player can get extremely lucky for a particular drop while another player can end up spending literally over a thousand Kobans more for that same drop, and that's in the shard system, in the old system it was much worse more unpredictable.

For shared shard drop information, see:

In Peregrine Took: - 8hrs 33min to go, the twins on 82 shards and 59 kobans and 1 combativity point.  I wonder if I'll get her (them).  It was a bad round last time with 20 attempts for no shards.  If my alternation theory holds up I should be luckier this time.  I'll be at 20/20 by the end of the event (with enough kobans to top up, but probably not for 2 x10 spins).  We'll see how it goes.  If I'm successful it'll be a clean sweep for all the girls on offer against bosses this event.  To be honest, though, I already had all the epic girls in that account.

I'm not trying any further for this event in other accounts and I went against Karole in Peckerbird.  Rin was on x99 shards and I finally managed to get her.

The drop rate seemed pretty terrible for me. I fought Gruntt exclusively throughout the event (it's my current boss anyway, and I also needed to unlock his regular girls in the process, for which I'm still only halfway through). I ended up at 80 shards for Alpha&Omega after using up all my free attacks. I had 3.6k kobans saved up, so I decided to go for it, and from there, even though the drops were really bad, I still went all the way because having an incomplete girl at 93 or 98 shards would have just been a complete waste.

I only just barely got the final 5 shards literally on the very last fight of my eight 20-attack refill... 1648 kobans spent for a measly 20 shards. Of course, I got a lot of in-game cash, 14 champion tickets, and plenty of shards for Gruntt's regular girls in the process, but it still doesn't feel great. Thankfully, I really like the art and theme of the character(s), because as a 3-star Charm legendary, it won't add much value to my collection (I'm Know-How and my battle team is very far from optimal).

I didn't keep an exact count, but it must have been around 48x4 free attacks + the 20x8 from my refills, so... 352 fights to get the 100 shards. No extra. My biggest drops were 5 shards at a time, and I rolled 1 and 2 quite a few times. More tedious and less rewarding than I anticipated. But I take note for future events!

Finally got my first 100 drop since the system change! Was starting to wonder if everyone else here was pulling a prank on me 😂 On my 15th refill for Lapsey, with stats included to show how frustrated I was getting before the last few.

100!.png

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I ended up at 80 shards for Alpha&Omega after using up all my free attacks.

That's significantly better than average for ~200 attacks.

I didn't keep an exact count, but it must have been around 48x4 free attacks + the 20x8 from my refills, so... 352 fights to get the 100 shards. No extra. My biggest drops were 5 shards at a time, and I rolled 1 and 2 quite a few times. More tedious and less rewarding than I anticipated. But I take note for future events!

Rough turn on the refills admittedly, but altogether that's still only slightly in bad luck territory. And yes, 5 shards is the maximum individual drop for Epic Days events.

-------

Got all 6 girls here, and at ~15,500 kobans it was cheaper than the previous ED which clocked in at over 18,000 for me.

Nara 330, Lapsey 265, Alpha and Omega 359, Mynx 108 (100-drop), Hope 200 (no 100-drop, just extreme good luck), Atila 366.

The best stretch was obviously the entirety of Hope, the worst were the early battling for Alpha and Omega (24 shards after 167) and a shorter-but-even-worse run in the middle of Atila (12 shards in 117).

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 1

My stats: 475 battles (including about 215 free combativity) to get Hope (101 shards); perhaps the presence of 3 common haremettes on Bremen significantly affected this.  280 battles (103 Shards) to get Lapsey.  This amounted to 5800 Kobans (27 refills).

I originally planned to get just Hope (not especially excited, but I like her name, outfit, athleticism, attractiveness, and the troll she was on). However, after reading the positive reviews and the character description, I went for Lapsey as well; her first affection scene did not disappoint.  Lapsey is attractive, and I like large eyes, but her eyes somehow look like glass beads to me.  I am not especially excited about the other 4 girls, but Alpha and Omega would have been my next choice.

Edited by Dmytro
fixed number of free combativity battles

16 minutes ago, Dmytro said:

My stats: 366 battles to get Hope (101 shards); not sure if the presence of 3 common haremmetes on Bremen significantly affected this.  260 battles (103 Shards) to get Lapsey.  This amounted to free combativity plus 5800 Kobans (27 refills).

I originally planned to get just Hope (not especially excited, but I like her name, outfit, athleticism, attractiveness, and the troll she was on). However, after reading the positive reviews and the character description, I went for Lapsey as well; her first affection scene did not disappoint.  Lapsey is attractive, and I like large eyes, but her eyes somehow look like glass beads to me.  I am not especially excited about the other 4 girls, but Alpha and Omega would have been my next choice.

I feel like I contributed a lot for the Lapsey hype, but I regret nothing. She's totally worth it :P

I was blinded by lust, so I didn't count the kobans, but I got Lapsey, Alpha&Omega and Atila to boot for something around 8k kobans.

30 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

image.png.3bbbfff39890babf6f12176b7fcb01e1.png

Well, isn't this most biggest piss off you've ever seen!  I didn't quite make it, but I'll accumulate 1 combativity point before the end to try one last time and hope for at least one shard on the last spin.

@Zorba the GeekI'm afraid to ask, but did you make it?