too high ego

jelom

in my league there is a level 383 player with 432k ego, too high even if he is using boosters. Unless the legendary chlorella has been fixed, but I don't remember seeing it in the last patch notes.

1458347877_wp_ss_20190926_0012(2).png.40afb867062d8b3a5d5656945cf5dd53.png

Edited by jelom
  • Thanks 1

We are in the same league. It's not just him, and it's not just his EGO. 
Look at this guy I fought and lost against in the arena, compare his stats in the arena and the stats showing when checking his profile.
As we can see, the stats that are showing does apply in our fights and is not just a visual bug (except the excitement stat, which is strangely just a visual bug, check my 2nd post for context).

This bug started appearing after yesterdays update, saw some people in my league getting way higher stats than they had during the entire week.

1.PNG

2.png

Edited by Slynia

2 hours ago, Noacc said:

Hey!
This is not a bug, some changes have been made to the formula.

Sorry, but that's absolute bullsh*t that this isn't a bug. Check my pictures and you'll see. I have another example here. 

So both this guy and I run 3 mono and 3 multi gear. I have better stats on all of my items. I have 11 more girls in my harem, meaning his harem level (endurance) bonus shouldn't be higher, or atleast not by much as my lowest leveled girl is at level 252. And I even have 1 level advantage and upgraded all my stats to its maximum in the market. I also run 4x legendary ginseng boosters (that boosts all of my stats).

Now, compare his stats in the ARENA to mine. HOW are his stats that much higher than mine!? What did you do!?!?

Edit: If anyone is wondering what my stats say on my profile page, then it's the same as it is in the arena/league.

222222.png

1111.PNG

333333.PNG

Edited by Slynia

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

You know this is trivially easy to check?

image.png.4aa817c9f521626632911fb8166c7fd9.png

image.png.824106d372ffd32c433a9acec05551dd.png

My point still stands, 20k higher harem level is not the same as 20k extra endurance.

Edit: Back at my PC. 
As far as I'm concerned, Endurance bonus from harem level is= 50 * square root(HAREM LEVEL)
anony76: 50 * 
 √68775 = 50 * 262.249 = 13112 Endurance
Slynia: 50 *  √49064 = 50 * 221.503 = 11075 Endurance

The difference being: 13112 - 11075 = 2037

I'm more than making up for those 2k endurance with my gear.

Edited by Slynia

Just now, Noacc said:

@Slynia

Still, this was an intended change and not a bug.

I'm clearly not following you.
What was the change? Absolutely nothing comes to mind that can give one such a ridiculously high boost.

Unless it's a system that randomly gives certain players a boost in the league and arena.

I mean, 4t+ that previously had 431997 EGO is back now at the EGO he should have.

aafafafaf.PNG

1 hour ago, Slynia said:

I'm clearly not following you.
What was the change? Absolutely nothing comes to mind that can give one such a ridiculously high boost.

Unless it's a system that randomly gives certain players a boost in the league and arena.

I mean, 4t+ that previously had 431997 EGO is back now at the EGO he should have.

aafafafaf.PNG

well, he probably just switched the boosters, now he has almost 6k attack power more

Just now, blaa said:

well, he probably just switched the boosters, now he has almost 6k attack power more

Ok. What combination gives you 431k+ EGO at level 383? 4x legendary chlorella MAYBE (if they have gotten fixed, because they have for a very long time been giving us about the same as the legendary ginseng boosters).

So what combination gives you 6k extra damage but 39k less EGO? If you can explain that to me then maybe I would believe it.

6 minutes ago, Slynia said:

Ok. What combination gives you 431k+ EGO at level 383? 4x legendary chlorella MAYBE (if they have gotten fixed, because they have for a very long time been giving us about the same as the legendary ginseng boosters).

So what combination gives you 6k extra damage but 39k less EGO? If you can explain that to me then maybe I would believe it.

Sounds like replacing a Legendary Cholera (10% ego, 39.2k) with a Legendary cordiceps (10% damage, 5.6k).

Just now, GeorgeMTO said:

Sounds like replacing a Legendary Cholera (10% ego, 39.2k) with a Legendary cordiceps (10% damage, 5.6k).

Sounds good, doesn't work. That would mean his base EGO is 392k. Legendary boosters increase your base stat by "%", they don't stack with each other. 
Take the legendary cordiceps for example, IF 10% = 5.6k, that means every cordiceps (4) would increase your damage by that same amount (5.6 * 4 = 22.4k). 

5 minutes ago, Slynia said:

Sounds good, doesn't work. That would mean his base EGO is 392k. Legendary boosters increase your base stat by "%", they don't stack with each other. 
Take the legendary cordiceps for example, IF 10% = 5.6k, that means every cordiceps (4) would increase your damage by that same amount (5.6 * 4 = 22.4k). 

Well seeing as they weren't working correctly before, what makes you so certain you know how they work now if they have indeed been changed?

1 minute ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Well seeing as they weren't working correctly before, what makes you so certain you know how they work now if they have indeed been changed?

I'm basing it on how the Ginseng Legendary boosters work. Of course I don't know for sure, but if KK changed so the other boosters stack on top of each other, then that would be way to insane.

Lets say your base damage is 65k, then the first legendary cordicep increases your damage to 65 + 6.5= 72.5, the next one would increase by 7.25... 72.5 + 7.25 = 79.75, the next one is then 79.75 + 7.975 = 87.725, and the last one would be 87.725 + 8.7725 = 96.4975.

5 hours ago, Noacc said:

@Hotless

Usually, patch notes are properly announced.
There was a slight miscommunication between the team for this one. 

I'm looking forward to reading this patch's notes as soon as you're ready to post them. This looks like an impactful enough change that, as long as the bulk of the player base is in the dark as to how it works, those who figured it out by themselves (or chanced upon a set up that makes them benefit from it) will have a pretty big advantage in  PvP.

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2019 at 10:35 AM, Noacc said:

@Hotless

Usually, patch notes are properly announced.
There was a slight miscommunication between the team for this one. 

These are going to be one hell of patch notes then.

Note that all screenshots were taken at the same moment, so no" different boosters" scenario is applicable.

Can you see the discrepancy between profile stats and ToF stats?

Also, all of his items are of similar quality, so either this is some unrelated bug or "Boosters are boosting everything at the same time now" is going to be in patch notes along with "Boosters are now adding random crap because lol.jpg".

HHBg#1.png

HHBg#2.png

HHBg#3.png

For what it's worth, I think two different issues are being mixed up here.

1) Legendary chlorella and legendary cordyceps were fixed this past week. As far as I and other investigation-inclined players have been able to confirm, they work correctly now, although one can debate if the framework for this "correctness" is appropriate. (In particular, the legendary cordyceps boost also applies to offense supplied by the alpha girl, which may come as a bit of a surprise.) And yes, the ego numbers can get very high now due to legendary chlorella boosters.

2) Independent of that, some players appear to have consistently different stats on their league/arena snapshot than they do in the player profile. I'm fairly sure this has been going on for a lot longer than just a few days, and people just didn't notice it until the booster fix made them look more closely now. I recall encountering players in past league seasons who had stats differences exist for 12+ hours, but I didn't recognize it as a wide-spread bug, I just thought something had temporarily glitched.

I do seem to have a player who exhibits that issue in my own league bracket (player ID 144370) right now:

image.png.54659f1604da364e9b91c44767e70244.png

image.png.52aa93f618df797c968ff715b62f39c6.png

image.png.f46fdfd14b8ffa73ad3d468bf68422b5.png

Both sets of numbers have looked consistently like that for at least 36 hours now, so booster effects look unlikely. As the difference exists across the board in all stats, equipment changing can probably also be excluded as a possibility. 

I'm not actually sure which set of numbers is bugged, it could well be those on the player profile. An alternative possibility is that all numbers are correct in their own way, but the snapshot stats somehow fail to get updated for some players (i.e. the battle stats shown are from some earlier boosted state for which they were correct).

Or possibly the expiration of boosters sometimes doesn't get recorded correctly, and then that player gets phantom stats from that booster? (Either until he applies a new one and forces a refresh of the recorded booster data, or possibly it's stuck in the wrong state in perpetuity.) That would mean the snapshot functions correctly, but gets calculated based on bogus database values.

Short of contacting players whose stats exhibit this problem and asking them to show what they see on their end, it may be difficult to track down what's going on here.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

I do seem to have a player who exhibits that issue in my own league bracket (player ID 144370) right now:

Both sets of numbers have looked consistently like that for at least 36 hours now, so booster effects look unlikely. As the difference exists across the board in all stats, equipment changing can probably also be excluded as a possibility.

This example could theoretically be explained by some profile/ToF glitch similar to the way Excitement "works". Say, some boosters/Alpha effect does not register on Profile, while it does in ToF. What's more important - the difference *could* be explained by some boosters not registering for one reason or another. 36 hours is not exactly important either, as you can easily apply the same set of boosters, while it might be too early to level up.

However, my example above defies any reasoning, as there is no way in hell you could get to those numbers at that level and with that equipment unless Chlorella/Cordyceps are adding to Ch/KH/H stats now. Hell, there's no way of getting there even with 4xLeg Ginsengs, using which would then leave a question of Ego unexplained.

You might be too early to suggest that both issues are unrelated. Let's not exclude the possibility that L. Chlorella had - and still has - some unintended effect that allows for such schenanigans and we were seeing those so rarely in the past only because L. Chlorella was crap and therefore few people used it ;)

3 hours ago, Barf said:

36 hours is not exactly important either, as you can easily apply the same set of boosters, while it might be too early to level up.

My point about that was that it's very unusual for D2 players to immediately reboost when their old booster set expires (and even more unusual to apply the same 4 boosters again), so just on the balance of probabilities it's unlikely that I've seen the exact same boosted stats with that player for a day and a half.

3 hours ago, Barf said:

However, my example above defies any reasoning, as there is no way in hell you could get to those numbers at that level and with that equipment unless Chlorella/Cordyceps are adding to Ch/KH/H stats now. Hell, there's no way of getting there even with 4xLeg Ginsengs, using which would then leave a question of Ego unexplained.;)

Which numbers can't be gotten at level 384, the ones from the profile or the ones from the league snapshot? The profile values look perfectly achievable to me with four legendary ginsengs, possibly even just with a combo of legendary and epic ginsengs. That would simply leave the snapshot data as potentially bugged, same as for "my" player.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1