Legendary Duo Discussion

Dmytro

I have Keiko sitting on x91 in my Peckerbird account, but with only eight kobans left, so they're out of the question except for the final 150 I'm going to get at the end of the mission coming up.  Their role might yet be pivotal.  If I have a little bit of luck going my way for a change I just might get her.  Maybe I'll make it in Peregrine Took too where she's on x83 - but I don't fancy my chances with only 116 kobans left.  The deficit is a little wide.  In Peckerbird I worked out I have three chances of 20 plays each (plus the 158 kobans for about 15 combativity points).  I might squeeze in 4 more rounds.  Surely I can get those measly nine shards in that time!  But I said that in trying for Silver Lupa in that account and she's still languishing on x98.  I'd hate to think that these two top girls are to be consigned to the shelf.

These are the kinds of calculations I get up to when I'm sweating this much and it's stream-of-consciousness on the page - sort of thing Trumpian, I guess, but without Twitter.

I've had more of a struggle winning the girls' affection this time than is usual for me - in every account.  I've averaged 1,500 more kobans I've had to use to get within reach than than I needed last LD.  Hell, I wish I had them right now!

I may have to be content with having her in only one account, but it's been really great fun trying in the others.  I can't complain.

Got Taria up to 37 with free fights, just burnt a little over 3000 to get her the rest of the way, exactly enough too, no bonus flowers.  I'll try my free fights when I get off work for Keiko and see about burning the rest of my kobans for her.  You think a little over 7000 is enough?

While I agree that RNG is RNG, I also agree that the shard drop rates during Legendary days are too low.  I say this not because I actually know what they are but because of the psychology of engagement.  This game (and many others like it) depends on a several factors to provide 'fun'.  For Legendary Days, two are of prime concern :  1) unexpected reward, also call gambler's reward; and 2) return on effort combined with measurable progress toward a goal, which I typically think of as paycheck reward.   Note that these aren't the only sorts of fun provided by the game, there is sexual titillation, stories, pretty harem people, contests (fights, leagues, arena, ect) community involvement but this post just deals with those two as they pertain to Legendary Days events. 

The  shard system is generally considered better than the previous system because it involves both gamblers reward (unexpectedly winning shards in a contest) and paycheck reward .  The previous system only used gamblers reward.  However there are trade offs...previously, there was a very large gambler's reward (getting a girl), which is now balanced by small gambler's reward (getting a couple of shards more often) and the paycheck reward of seeing progress toward a goal.  

The danger is that  Legendary Days drastically lowers both types of rewards, very low shard drop rate and sharply limited time for the paycheck reward to play out.  It is made worse when players don't realize the goal is impossible without additional resources (5-10k kobans based on this thread) and feel cheated when Legendary Days finish.  I don't know if the devs get a clear feedback on exactly how this affects their yardsticks (size of player base, enough $$ to continue operations) since, except in a few cases, the effects on players isn't binary (playing/not playing) but rather a continuum (spending much money down to checking in once a month or so to see if it's gotten better).  To make things even muddier, changes along this continuum might happen days or weeks after the triggering event.  

As it stands now, I think Legendary Days are rather negative...I personally don't enjoy them, and the general sense I get from this thread is that most people playing the game don't either.   People participate, but it seems to be more of a grinding sort of participation to me.  I feel this is because the goal (a new harem person) isn't really obtainable in the time allowed without significant payment.  This changes the tenor of Legendary Days almost to a haggling session...how much work do I have to put in to reduce the cost of the thing I want.  This is inherently less fun than other events.

Edited by MisterCat
edited for grammar and run on sentences

39 minutes ago, MisterCat said:

I also agree that the shard drop rates during Legendary days are too low

@MisterCat the average drop rate estimated in a 10% is the same for ALL (*) types of events (classic event, revival, legendary days, epic days).

The data gathered by some players in the feedback thread is there if you want to do your own calculations with the raw numbers to confirm it:

https://forum.hentaiheroes.com/index.php?/topic/8653-a-place-for-people-to-share-their-shards-drop-info/

What is different for every type of event is the shard received for every drop. For legendary days varies from 1 to 3 shards per drop.

So the expected number of battles to obtain a girl in legendary days is 500 battles (+/- 200 taking in account RNG). That make impossible to get her without using some amount of kobans, 2000-5000 discounting the free battles for the 4 days of the event. This has been said many times in the forum, so by now all players visiting the forum should know it.

(*) Note: there is a different drop rate for world bosses when you try to get his permanent girls, in the latter worlds is around 5-6%.

Edited by jelom
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jelom said:

@MisterCat the average drop rate estimated in a 10% is the same for ALL (*) types of events (classic event, revival, legendary days, epic days).

The data gathered by some players in the feedback thread is there if you want to do your own calculations with the raw numbers to confirm it:

https://forum.hentaiheroes.com/index.php?/topic/8653-a-place-for-people-to-share-their-shards-drop-info/

What is different for every type of event is the shard received for every drop. For legendary days varies from 1 to 3 shards per drop.

So the expected number of battles to obtain a girl in legendary days is 500 battles (+/- 200 taking in account RNG). That make impossible to get her without using some amount of kobans, 2000-5000 discounting the free battles for the 4 days of the event. This has been said many times in the forum, so by now all players visiting the forum should know it.

(*) Note: there is a different drop rate for world bosses when you try to get his permanent girls, in the latter worlds is around 5-6%.

While MisterCat showed some thoughtful analysis in his comments, I don't agree with them.  Firstly, the thing he didn't take into account was this: image.png.e417b11b15ade6e394ddd274ad7578ed.png

This is his 'gambler's reward' in spades and is eqivalent to the old system.  The other thing is the strategy that the shard reward encourages - when to refill or not.  With the old system it was all or nothing and the not knowing, but with the new system if you have a girl on (say) x80+, even with Legendary Days it's worth paying out kobans to try for her.

Then there's this: Frustration - one round of 20 you can get no shards (I've had 4 rounds - 80 tries - without a single shard this event), or Encouragement - one round of 20 might yield x12 to x15 for LD events (from my own experience), but don't count on the next round or several after offering remotely the same success.  It's the RNG, very patchy, never smooth or homogeneous in its payout.  I have used this to take a punt on whether to refill or not.  Sometimes the timing does work, more times than not.

One thing I've found though.  In one of my accounts (Lili) successes in LD are consistently low and I trail a distant last in it - always!  Conspiracy theories are rife but not seriously entertained.  I do wonder why this is though.

Last thing... Legendary Days should be difficult - she's a rare beast.  But, if we think about it, it's usually significantly cheaper in kobans spent to get a girl in LD than for (say) x10 spin Epic Pachinko (5,400) and I always use this as a basis of comparison.  But if you think that's tough, think about how much it costs to upgrade her affection to max.  The first two stars are relatively easy, but then you face 4.5m, 9m, and finally 18m in cash, and this overlooks the costs of plying this high-maintenance chick with gifts.  In my Herbie Hynde account I've had Golden Bunny sitting on 4 stars for ages and her gifts at this upgrade level haven't even been maxed out yet.  These girls have always been upper-tier trophy wives and long may we admire them - often from a distance!

I agree with @MisterCat's conclusion but I get there by a different path. I am coming up on my 2 yr anniversary so I bring an end game mindset. Most events are duds for me because I already have the girls and I avoid EvP (and now MyP). About 1/2 of events I have nothing to do so I spend the event on Karole. (As of last week this became better when I opened Pandora Witch.)

This event is a good example of a meh legendary days. I already have Tara and I do not need Keiko even though she is my class. (I have Any, Fab, Miz, and Nor as KH Leg already). I will get her, get her to 2 stars and then she goes on the back burner.

One of the few up-sides is that I like the personalities of Gruntt and Dark Lord. DL has that "angry, thinks he is all that, does not realize he is fodder" vibe and a surprising sense of style (when he gets an outfit). Gruntt seems to be on the edge of self awareness and is starting to be embarrassed with himself. Nice art work guys. (# 3 / # 4 is Finaltits for obvious reasons and Karole but they lack the humor of DL and Gruntt and seldom get event girls.)

So for me "legendary days" = "nothing to do or an expensive girl I do not need".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowman22 said:

I agree with @MisterCat's conclusion but I get there by a different path. I am coming up on my 2 yr anniversary so I bring an end game mindset. Most events are duds for me because I already have the girls and I avoid EvP (and now MyP). About 1/2 of events I have nothing to do so I spend the event on Karole. (As of last week this became better when I opened Pandora Witch.)

This event is a good example of a meh legendary days. I already have Tara and I do not need Keiko even though she is my class. (I have Any, Fab, Miz, and Nor as KH Leg already). I will get her, get her to 2 stars and then she goes on the back burner.

One of the few up-sides is that I like the personalities of Gruntt and Dark Lord. DL has that "angry, thinks he is all that, does not realize he is fodder" vibe and a surprising sense of style (when he gets an outfit). Gruntt seems to be on the edge of self awareness and is starting to be embarrassed with himself. Nice art work guys. (# 3 / # 4 is Finaltits for obvious reasons and Karole but they lack the humor of DL and Gruntt and seldom get event girls.)

So for me "legendary days" = "nothing to do or an expensive girl I do not need".

Well written, but lucky you!  I'd like to play the champions more often to get more than Dameda and Lissa, but I'm stuck with trying for the 5-star legendaries from LD when I can.  I can see your point, though.  With Norou, Fabienne and Keiko in my Peregrine Took account it's hard to work out where Keiko would fit in my team, given that the Omega girl offers little in the way of firepower because I've never encountered in the last year and a half where Omegas come into play.  I'll have to check her stats to see if she offers good defence against hardcore because this is what always roots me against the champions.  I've only just started playing the Leagues again after that odd message in the test gave me a veiled generic warning.  Oh to get past Wanker I!

Mythic packinko?  All I've got so far with the free spins have been a few low value books and lots of useless boosters that I can sell for fuck all.  More success in the free Great Packinko though, the second-to-last freebie gave me a very valuable legendary equipment item in one account that I was able to use and which boosted my stats a lot - very, very rarely do I get these.  So I assess my chances in MyP to be on a par.

I take it you still have champions' 5 star legendaries to get, so the extra firepower that a maxed out and levelled up Keiko would offer must be encouraging regardless of her class.  In your case you'd get it over and done with by winning a lot faster, I take it.  While I agree with your astute assessment of Dark Lord and Gruntt, speaking of Champions, I can never get over the absurd and outrageous artwork that is Whaty's transformations as he gets more and more furious.  Everytime I see him gliding to his position like a black cloud it's laugh-out-loud stuff for me.  He is the ultimate sore loser.  Compare this with the very laid-back, cool and comfortably confident Matsuda.  I haven't reached the top with him yet so I can't comment what he would do when he loses at the higher levels.  He's kinda like a mentor in his attitude.

There's some very subtle humour appearing in the stories now.  More blatant that it is, I liked how Jackson would become apoplectic with rage when facing loss.  Beautifully drawn and I reckon the artist would've jerked himself off with satisfaction at his success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowman22 said:

nothing to do or an expensive girl I do not need

Meh. It's a girl that's cheaper than an epic pachinko with a bunch of other good stuff you get in the process if you go after her (champion tickets, legendary gifts, etc). So it's still a decent way to expand the harem.

• Like 1

Welp, I'm not getting Keiko.

After 203 fights I only managed to get 32 shards, and after a tentative refill I got an extra two. At this rate, I would need to spend a ridiculous amount of kobans to get her, probably 50% more than I needed to get Ombresse or Silver Lupa.

For me, a free user, it's simply not worth it.

Peckerbird misfired and is limping around the track.  A finish is all I might have to hope for.  Take a look at this and weep for me - twice.  Thank y'all...

image.png.706b688a2901165fb1dbcb250f4da080.pngThere is still time for four more tries and I just might get there, but I can't count on it. [Nope... That's it.  The images at left stand].

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add text
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Was able to get about up to 17 points for free, on Keiko, had to spend a little over 5K kobans to get her the rest of the way.  I have a feeling we'll be seeing this trend from now on with legendary days.  A returning girl, and a new girl.  It's not a bad compromise to keep new and old players engaged.  But it does mean expect epic days to cost twice as many kobans if not more if you don't have either girl, and continues to keep the pressure on players to keep collecting all new girls. (If they choose to pursue said girls.  Taria is my class so she's a good 3rd legendary, and I like the dark magician girl look for Keiko, so I picked up both).

Well folks.  That's the end of this event.  Although I only got her in two accounts, I also got Keiko to x99 shards in Peckerbird and x95 in Herbie Hynde.  I was so damned close to having my best Legendary Days ever, but 'just about' is still dead last in this business.  Still, with Silver Lupa on x98 in Peckerbird and Fabienne in x96 in Adrian'smole if they're going to repeat this trend and have duos of old and new, these if-onlys are a good future launching pad.  However, I suspect they'll annoy us with the pre-attraction girls first, like Levitya, Norou, the twins, and Golden Bunny.  So forever tantalisingly distant are my chances of ever getting them if I haven't got them already because I'd always be targeting the newest girl, unless the second girl is in the right class.  Luckily for me, I have most of them in all accounts, but Hardcore is lacking in the right class, especially Lili.

All in all it was pretty successful.  It was good fun.

Now the hard work starts... upgrading her affection to max to satisfy my impatient curiosity.  In her fourth pose she's a real cutie who reminds me a lot of a more petite version of Selena, right down to her choice of lipstick.  The full upgrade is going to take ages, though, because I made the choice of paying for a suit of clothes to move on through the Digisekai world - 8.89m.

Reading through a number of the postings, commiserations are in order.  At least you have some runs on the board (if like me, a lot) til next time.  And to the successful members, my congratulations.  Have fun with her.

I almost forgot and almost out of time... I have in 10 minutes more before event legendary end. In 10 minutes, i'm burn almost 13k koban to get both 2 legendary at the same time. It's worth thing to spend a lot more amount of my koban for 2 my legendary this month. :)

2019_11_24_12.42.36.jpg

2019_11_24_12.42.45.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slayboy said:

I almost forgot and almost out of time... I have in 10 minutes more before event legendary end. In 10 minutes, i'm burn almost 13k koban to get both 2 legendary at the same time. It's worth thing to spend a lot more amount of my koban for 2 my legendary this month. :)

2019_11_24_12.42.36.jpg

2019_11_24_12.42.45.jpg

That's cool, congrats. And looking at your cash and kobans you'll be able to max out their affection in one hit.  You've already nearly maxed out Keikos XP too.  I'm envious.

Classic ending for me, with Keiko at x38, so on the average in comparison to other legendary days (my incomplete 5-stars goes from x34 to x46). Although at least two for each will be needed to hope to obtain them, I am still waiting for the first true "revival" where a legendary girl with incomplete shards will make another appearance.

On 11/20/2019 at 11:53 AM, GeorgeMTO said:

Legendary Days girls are always 5 stars.

yeah, I just discovered when checked at the my harem list, luckily enough I can had her in nick of time before the event closed xD