Patch notes 05/02/2020 -- Discussion

FinderKeeper

4 hours ago, Yamamura said:

I was wrong about most things.

It's good to see you realize it now. But honestly, being wrong most of the time isn't the main problem with your posts. The bigger issue is that you seem to have a compulsion to answer any question you see or have, even when you have no clue what you're talking about, and you post the random nonsense you pull out of your ass on the spot with great confidence, as if you were an expert on the subject (and you usually add a lot of negativity and blame, for no apparent reason).

For instance, the whole thing with the release date. I don't even know what time zone you're in, or how you read dates, because what you posted made no sense in any time zone, either with American notation (Month/Day/Year) or non-American notation (Day/Month/Year). Most importantly, if you had a bit more experience with the game (or paid more attention to things, if you've been playing for a while), you'd know that most patches tend to take place on Wednesday (CET, usually in the early afternoon),  which is tomorrow in this case, on February the 5th. And that date was in the title of the patch notes and related news, so it's not rocket science to "guess" the date. Yet, you not only jumped to a completely wrong conclusion, but also went ahead and applied that "Soon TM" bullshit to that, which is a frequent and legit complaint in many other games, but not this one, and definitely not for dates they announce in patch notes... This just makes you look like a fool and shows you can't control yourself and need to complain about random things, true or false.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Karyia said:

On that note, things seem to have partially changed.

That's pretty weird. Mine still show 144 for #1 and 72 for top 4 as of this writing (and I've logged out etc. today).

7 hours ago, Zamio said:

Anyone knows what will happen to the two contests generated last reset. They last 4 days, so by the time the new patch hits, will they be gone, or their duration reduced?

I'm curious on that as well, and I really don't see an elegant way they could end those by patch time. I have 2 contests right now that are supposed to end 2 days after the patch. Reducing their duration wouldn't make sense, since we're likely going to move to only 1 active contest at a time after the patch, not 3. So I'm guessing they will either make them disappear, end them prematurely (but how will they distribute rewards then?) or just let them co-exist with the first few daily contests of the new format.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

That's pretty weird. Mine still show 144 for #1 and 72 for top 4 as of this writing (and I've logged out etc. today).

They must've been trying it out or something, because it was for some minutes. It was actually about the time the Champions were not working, though it might've been a coincidence.

It was also improved, since before being put back as it was (the regular contest values), the numbers of combativity could already be seen well :) 

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'm curious on that as well, and I really don't see an elegant way they could end those by patch time. I have 2 contests right now that are supposed to end 2 days after the patch. Reducing their duration wouldn't make sense, since we're likely going to move to only 1 active contest at a time after the patch, not 3. So I'm guessing they will either make them disappear, end them prematurely (but how will they distribute rewards then?) or just let them co-exist with the first few daily contests of the new format.

My best guess is that those two will just run out and be replaced by the new system coming in.

Meanwhile, one of the contests ends tomorrow, so either the new one will be by the new standards or they'll just make another one for two days to coincide with the other two.

If the patch does take place later on (after the normal reset time), like you said previously, it will/should go in effect with the contests ongoing, and I suppose the normal thing would be to let them end, before starting with the new values.

• Like 1

I will only comment the patch notes as they were released

Contests

• Improvement of the rewards from the contest system 
  • The cycle of 6 days will be changed to 24 hours (1 day) period for each contest -> Neutral opinion. BTW, they don't say that the contest number will change, so probably three every day -> more opportunities to try for the reward.
    • For 1st place, players will receive 300/50 Kobans -> More kobans icon-koban-small.png.c180cabd7417f6ebc6f4ea41726e21db.png
    • 2nd to 10th place players will receive 120/20 Kobans -> More kobans for more people icon-koban-small.png.c180cabd7417f6ebc6f4ea41726e21db.png
    • Combativity will be a reward instead of affection or low rarity items -> Perfect.

Villains

•  For Classic events, the affection shards drop amount has been improved significantly   -> Yet working, good. Now you can get two and a half girl for free. 👍 Don't expect more increasing of the shard range ("has been", not "will be")

Monthly Card

• Release of the Platinum Monthly Card, an upgrade of the Golden and Silver Monthly Cards
  • The Platinum card will provide 10800/1800 Kobans for the month, 360/60 Kobans per day -> A bit on the low ratio kobans/€ comparing with the other cards
  • The Monthly Card allows free collection of the following ( as with the other cards)
    • Free Salary Collecting from Harem -> this is one of the best features of the monthly cards 👍
    • Free x 10 villains fight  -> You only win 10 minutes a day with this, except if you are refilling many times for especial events when you can save let's say one hour maximum.
    • Free x15 Fights in the Leagues -> Use it if you don't want to win the league and are short on free time
  • The new Card allows 50% off on the following items: -> Anything cheaper is always on the good side, but ...
    • 50% off from Market reload -> Probably good for high level players with a lot o kobans to spare who want many legendary boosters, books or affection, but not really a constant need with 8 hours refresh of market. A bit in the P2W side.
    • 50% off for Pachinko reroll -> Why reroll?. You will get every girl eventually, so 5400 kobans is enough. Well, if you want to really skip some girl (or want a specific girl) this is for you.
    • 50% off from Daily Missions finish now an option -> Still expensive.
  • The new Card will allow Free Champion Multiple Performance and Shorter Rest. -> The main reason to buy the card for a player who wants to finish all champions faster skipping delays and not wasting kobans. 👍
  • If you have already purchased a card but wants to upgrade, this can be done at any time
    • The resources remaining from the old card(s) will be automatically recalculated and converted according to the new card ratio (1 day of the Platinum Card will be worth 3.00 days of Silver Monthly Card)
    • It will not be possible to have more multiple card tiers active 
    • Downgrading to lesser cards will not be possible while the player has a bigger card active
    • He must wait for the current one to expire in order to activate a different card 
  • The price of the platinum card is € 29.99 - A bit expensive for a monthly card and what it gives. 👎

Harem

• The delayed 5-star quest grades for Pelagie and Bonny are getting released this Wednesday - More poses and affection scenes are always good 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Il y a 17 heures, Yamamura a dit :

That's the point. Make the game imbalance and create inconvenience to bait people on spending money on the game. It's to difficult to make good games these days apparently.

For a bullshit reason: A level 400 would need more Ymen than a lower level player. As for Kobans, a higher level player should be rewarded more for playing.

Why would A lvl 400 player need more Ymen? you definitely have maxed your girls at this point or almost and gain so much that keep stacking

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yamamura said:

You haven't seen nothing yet. If you're taking about yourself, I'm sure you will figure it out.

After I said that, I noticed a message popped up after my last one was sent. It was a question about the date. We can all see the date in it's tittle. So I proceeded on sending out my next message as a "joke," or "troll." As for a lot of these messages you get it, or you don't. I found it funny, so I played along (kinda).

14 hours ago, Yamamura said:

@~Crown Clown. "Soon." Yet another thing they don't like mentioning.

The "soon" in this message isn't wrong. And for the "Yet another thing they don't like mentioning," they did mentioned the date, but not the time (as with every update). So, maybe slightly wrong, but also right in a way. Maybe I should have worded this better. I'm not a dev/corporation, they are.

13 hours ago, Yamamura said:

The only date I see is 5/2/2020. For me, that was yesterday. Would be nice to add a zone to that, yeah?

If you see something I'm not, please share it with me so you may stop communicating with me.

I then posted the date here. Showing that I know what I'm talking about. Sure, from random messages, you can see this as me having, how should I put this, lack of intelligence for a better word. After which I claimed that is was yesterday. Out of sure luck, or if they started playing with me, one did mention that I was a time traveler. In a way, this is what I was going for (a play along joke). English sure isn't my first language and I know that's a over used accuse, but an accuse none the less. For the general player base, I can not say for sure. What can though is just because we can speak English, doesn't mean it's the same English. Back on topic... I said yesterday because "in my opinion," if it's shorter than a week, just release the pach. If it's a week/longer, then you are giving people time to see what's new. Yes, the information on the pach is important to know? Then give a week. If no? Release it. They aren't following that. And yes, a lot of games do that. If you want me to name them, make another post. The other part was just a jab at the one I was talking to at the time.

11 hours ago, Yamamura said:

Oh yeah! Before I forget, you were right about the buff, . Though it's supposed to be daily and we can't test it out right away to see if meny people can use said buff to rewards.

So good on you! I was wrong about most things.

Do to the pach getting released earlier than expected (would you look at that! Hmm...) then pached out, we got to kinda see what we wanted. Information. Yes, it's a buff, something that wasn't clear in the post. Showing that I was wrong about said contest change (thankfully). Like any good person should do.  As already stated, "most thing" I was wrong about do to lack of information. Though it would seem this is all about the contest. I wonder why many aren't on about the $30 card, oh well.

@DvDivXXX Is there anything else you want me to clean up on?  If not, I'll see you in the next post!

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

@fenronin Items cost more, not everyone is in a maxed out club, some people like winning in contests/leaderboard, when a new legendary girl comes out you would like to level and upgrade them (something a newer player can't do in a timely manner).

Not saying newer player don't need a lot of Ymen, just not in the millions higher levels need.

• Thinking 2

there is one thing i dont understand, 2 days silver card will be 1 day gold card if i upgrade it, and the patch note says now that 3 silver card days will be 1 platin card day, right?

So if i could buy 20 times the silver monthy card and than once the platin would i get in total 230 days platin card and i pay than 90€ This would be a monthly price from less than 12€ But why does the platin card costs than so much? Its not logical for me -.- or is that there kind of "1 year member ship"?

Il y a 3 heures, Yamamura a dit :

@fenronin Items cost more, not everyone is in a maxed out club, some people like winning in contests/leaderboard, when a new legendary girl comes out you would like to level and upgrade them (something a newer player can't do in a timely manner).

Not saying newer player don't need a lot of Ymen, just not in the millions higher levels need.

you really don't need to buy items with all the ones you get with the champions tho

3 hours ago, Yamamura said:

New players do need many many millions of Ymens pretty quick if they want to build up their combat team and harem, and keep up to date on stats and equipment as they level up (especially now that the XP gain has been increased through the roof, while the Ymen income doesn't quite follow at all).

Most veterans seem to be swimming in Ymens, while they do NOT need that much. They only gain a level every week or so, typically have a large harem mostly maxed out, and they gain tons of Ymens from Champions and other sources, compared to newer players.

In short: it's the exact opposite of what you claim.

14 minutes ago, Leo_de_Porto said:

So if i could buy 20 times the silver monthy card and than once the platin would i get in total 230 days platin card and i pay than 90€ This would be a monthly price from less than 12€ But why does the platin card costs than so much? Its not logical for me -.- or is that there kind of "1 year member ship"?

Supply and demand, basically. The silver card is by far the best bang for your buck, and also the cheapest of the three monthly subscriptions. But you can only gain so much kobans from it. So, if you're willing to spend more to get even more kobans (and a few other, largely negligible perks), then you can do that, but you'll pay more than 3 times the price for only 2.5 more kobans a day (that's the gold card, in a nutshell). And with the new platinum card, it's the same idea but pushed even further: you want even more kobans every day? Sure, but then you get to pay 10 times the price of the base subscription, for only 6 times the daily koban income.

Technically, that's still a "good deal" compared to buying kobans outright, and there are people who do that. Of course, proportionally, it's nowhere near as good value than the silver card, but if they were going to spend that much money on the game each month anyway, then it's an improvement for them. Also, people with this kind of cash flow tend to not be as particular as those on a tight budget. That's how the cookies crumble. And no, it's not illogical, or even unfair. There are just different offers for different player profiles, with different budgets and different expectations.

5 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Supply and demand, basically. The silver card is by far the best bang for your buck, and also the cheapest of the three monthly subscriptions. But you can only gain so much kobans from it. So, if you're willing to spend more to get even more kobans (and a few other, largely negligible perks), then you can do that, but you'll pay more than 3 times the price for only 2.5 more kobans a day (that's the gold card, in a nutshell). And with the new platinum card, it's the same idea but pushed even further: you want even more kobans every day? Sure, but then you get to pay 10 times the price of the base subscription, for only 6 times the daily koban income.

Technically, that's still a "good deal" compared to buying kobans outright, and there are people who do that. Of course, proportionally, it's nowhere near as good value than the silver card, but if they were going to spend that much money on the game each month anyway, then it's an improvement for them. Also, people with this kind of cash flow tend to not be as particular as those on a tight budget. That's how the cookies crumble. And no, it's not illogical, or even unfair. There are just different offers for different player profiles, with different budgets and different expectations.

You missunderstand me! I mean i could buy insted 33 times the silver monthly card and than onces the platin card. That would grant 360 days platin card for a cost from 128;66€ wich would be less than 11€ per month! So i pay 4 times more per month than for a silver card but i get 6 times more kobans and many other bonuses, so i dont think its a bad deal!

41 minutes ago, Leo_de_Porto said:

You missunderstand me! I mean i could buy insted 33 times the silver monthly card and than onces the platin card.

Errrr... No. You can only have ONE card active at a time, and it can be only of ONE type (silver, gold OR platinum). If you could buy 3 silver cards per month, there would already be no point for the gold card to exist, let alone the platinum one.

Apart from that, you are right that it's not easy to understand what you type. But that's not on me, sorry. I tried.

EDIT: Ah, you're talking about upgrading from silver to platinum, maybe? Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not how it works. When you upgrade, they convert the days you have left on the previous card on the basis of the new card's koban ratio. So if you have 6 days of silver card left, and you upgrade to platinum, then you'll get 1 day of platinum for that. If you have 60 days of silver, then you'll get 10 days of platinum. If you have 330 days of silver as you suggest... then you'll get 55 days of platinum. NOT 330.

Edited by DvDivXXX

@DvDivXXX im sorry for my bad english ^^

The patch notes says "1 day of the Platinum Card will be worth 3.00 days of Silver Monthly Card" and not 6 days silver for 1 day platin as you say. thats what i asked for in my first post. So if that is true would be 330 silver days not 55 as you say, they will be 110. And i doesnt talked about 330 days bevor, i talked about to buy 33 times the silver card, that will be 990 days and if i do than the upgrade to platin does i get in total 360 days Platin, or? And thats why i say 1 year Platin costs so 129€!

• Like 1

Again, only a few points of interest for me in this patch.

The changing about contests will probably mean that people will get overall less rewards bur more often. IMHO probably on average the situation will be again that the people that previously used to win their contest will get more rewards and the others will get less. I only hope that the single mission on the test server described by @_shal_ will not be the final, official situation. 

About the shard drop change, definitely my yardstick is quite different from the devs one. I would never define an increase from 1-6 to 1-8 a significant improvement, after having added another girl on the villains in classic events. Not even the bonus combativity from contest is going to change this situation (because, as I mentioned above, probably more or less the same people will be in the higher ranks, and all the others will get only minimal or no combativity bonus, and even winning three contest a day for 12 days, 108 bonus combativity with this irregular drop rate are unlikely to make a great difference)

Regarding the platinum card, i can only say that this is the logical consequence to the last changes to the champions, and IMHO its implementation was easy predictable. I suppose that with the $30 price we could have an estimation of the money that the devs would need from the majority of players. Nevertheless, if @_shal_ is right about the fact that Kinkoid is trying to create more dolphins, IMHO they will get quite a delusion on that side, so I am prone to expect some form of step back in the future on the entity of the card bonuses, or the relative price.

The only thing I can say I am truly happy is the five star extension of Pelagie and Bonny.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Leo_de_Porto said:

The patch notes says "1 day of the Platinum Card will be worth 3.00 days of Silver Monthly Card"

I hadn't noticed that line, EDIT: Thanks to Noacc, this has been clarified (here and in the patch notes themselves) and all this theory crafting turns out to be just good for a laugh. They have conversion that actually make sense and you cannot gain an advantage by buying low-cost cards en masse and then converting them into the more expensive card. That was fun, though, and it's nice to know how it works in more details. Thanks again, Noacc! ^^

Patch notes edit:

The resources remaining from the old card(s) will be automatically recalculated and converted according to the new card ratio 

• Silver to Platinum ratio will be divided 10.03 
  • Gold to Platinum ratio will be divided by 3.00 

For posterity, the insane theory crafting I did based on the incorrect conversion rates Leo and I previously considered: ^^

and it seems like a mistake on their part to me (too good to be true). When I had the silver card, the conversion offered to me if I wanted to upgrade it to a gold card was a 1:1 daily koban ratio based on the new card. In other words, 2.5 days left on my silver card would be converted into 1 day of gold card. By the same logic, since the platinum card gives 6 times more daily kobans than the silver card, the upgrade should turn

6 days of silver card into 1 day of platinum, not just 3 days of silver for 1 day of platinum.

If they didn't make a mistake in the patch notes, then you're right, this ratio seems stupid, because then it's possible to effectively get the platinum card at a much lower price by using silver to platinum conversion. You wouldn't need to go as far as an entire year worth of cards to lower the price. Just buy 1 silver card (30 days), and immediately convert it into a platinum card, and you end up with 40 days of platinum subscription for €33 instead of €40. Do that with 3 silver cards into 1 platinum, and you get 2 months of platinum for €39 instead of €60, and so on... This would make no sense.

If it is a mistake in the patch notes as I suspect it is, then the ratio should be 6 days of silver for 1 day of platinum. But even that is still be a pretty big discount compared to simply buying a platinum outright, because the converted days cost you only 60% of the normal platinum price. Come to think of it, the silver->gold conversion works the same way: a gold card normally costs 3.33 times more than a silver card, but if you convert, the converted days only cost you 2.5 times the silver price instead of 3.33....

Basically, their subscription scheme is broken, and can easily be gamed by playing the conversion game. 🤑🤫

Now, the next question would be: how much money would you need to put on the table upfront for this to be really worth it? The easy answer for a non-whale is "waaay too much". But for someone with a very deep wallet, then the answer is "as much as humanly possible!". The only part of your platinum subscription you have to pay at full price is the final 30 days when you make the conversion, so the crazier you go, the smaller that becomes in relation to the total duration. If you can buy 90 silver cards in advance, plus one actual platinum card, then you can convert that into 31 platinum cards, for the price of 10. That's €300 for 31 months, which amounts to €9.67 per month. We're already into cheaper than the gold card territory. Let's see... if you put €2,730 on the table (900 silver cards +1 platinum card), you get 301 months, at an average cost of... €9.07 per month. Meh. Big diminishing return effect by that point.

What about silver to gold conversions, though? Let's start small: 10 silver and 1 gold. You pay €40 for... 5 months of gold card (instead of €50), so €8 a month. Meh. Okay, then 100 silver and 1 gold? €310 for 41 months, so €7.56 a month. Hmmpf. Alright, 900 silver cards +1 gold card? €2710 for... 361 months of gold card, at... €7.5 a month. I see, so the sweet spot must be relatively low, actually.

Yaaaaawn. Whales? Are you there? Whales? If you put around €300 on silver cards before taking your platinum subscription, you'll get a GREAT DEAL! Hurry before the devs notice! Let them take your money! 😃

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Haha 1

• Community Manager

@DvDivXXX

Good calculation but does not work like this 🤣

Let me give a more clear example: 

If you have let's say an active Silver card, it will be divided by 10.03 meaning for a month you obtain +3 days off the Platinum card.
For gold to platinum cards, it will be divided by 3.00 meaning you get 10 days+.

If there is a round-up is always in favor of the players with + days.

I will edit the Patch Notes for further clarification,  @DvDivXXX do please edit the post not to confuse players 😁

• Thanks 4

57 minutes ago, fenronin said:

It did change but they are not going to change to the 1-10 winnings because the old contest are still going, at least that's my guess

Bummer. the news just hit. They changed it back to 2-4 only winning 120 kobans. Patch notes adjusted accordingly.

I am disappointed... to say the least

Patch notes regarding contests have been changed as follows:

Contests

• Changed to 24 hours period for each contest
  • Improvement of the rewards from the contest system 
    • For 1st place, players will receive 300/50 Kobans
    • 2nd to 4th place players will receive 120/20 Kobans
    • Combativity will be a reward instead of affection or low rarity items

A pity they decided to reduce the number of people getting 120 Kobans by maintaining the 2nd-4th place only instead of the 2nd-10th initially announced. Bad management of the communication here creating expectatives in the players. It would be good if they later add a small koban reward for 5th-11th, 60/10 or even 30/5 will do.

About the combativity rewards, I would have expected some difference between 2-4 and 12-26 or a bit more for 1st, but the current distribution is good for more players anyway, and it means that every player will have more combativity (3 to 9, usually 6) every day. In a classic event 12x6=72 more battles so the third girl is close to be assured.

image.png.88e74b278c84ead85c11d94203a2e128.png

• Like 2