Do we want the level cap to be raised ever again?

Z-Wave

Do we want the level cap to be raised ever again?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. What is your take on the idea that Kinkoid will raise the level cap again in the future?

• Sure, raise it when the first people get to Level 500, the show must go on!
    • It's alright, but please wait a bit so people can catch up and accumulate at Level 500 first.
    • I don't know or I don't care
    • No, please don't raise the level for a long time. If we have hundreds of people at 500, it's maybe worth considering.
    • No, never, just stick to 500 or below. Raising it beyond 400 already was a mistake.

22 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

If you're still referring to the leagues

Not just leagues. Being around the last 15 minutes before end time is critical for winning daily contests. LC is even more ridiculous.

25 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

League rankings are almost never determined on the last day, let alone the final snapshot.

That's only true in D3. It is the reason why I gave up earning more kobans from D2 and settle for 1296 in D3. D3 is a lot less stressful in this respect and I get to sleep more. In lower tiers, you can easily lose 20 ranks in the last half hour.

Being available right after end time does improve ranking in D3 as well. Not everyone can play every 7.5 hrs. When that happens there will be challenges left before timer expires. Over a course of a week, it is not unusually to have a dozen challenges left. When you can play right after League starts, you get 15 extra challenges that others won't have to make up for the future lost time. That is a significant advantage.

53 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Apart from that, we seem to agree on most important points. The huge difference is where we draw the line.

We don't have to agree on everything but this is a good exchange of ideas.

57 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

you still have faith on Kinkoid actually reworking the leagues in the near future. I'm a lot less optimistic on that.

I'm not jaded in this probably because I don't care about winning Leagues. I do see that Kinkoid tries to listen to the players from time to time. I remember the uproar from the 1st PoA about champion tasks. The ticket requirements dropped afterward. Now it is not even an issue. There were a lots of complaints about the 1st Seasons. They tweaked it and made it better. We complained about CC and they are adjusting it now. With these features, there were complaints from newbies to veterans in multiple threads. It was hard for Kinkoid to ignore when they looked at the forum. Maybe we need to necro your thread on PvP and start more threads pushing for PvP changes.

• Like 4

as far as I can remember, KK isnt actively looking into the forum (sometimes noacc does, especially if you ping him, but not sure if he shares any information/ideas (there is a google spread sheet for this though, IIRC)), so I dont see any value in necroing that old pvp post and really think about how to balance the game

on another note: from time to time there is a rumor that leagues get reworked (soon) - it could have also been stated in a patreon message recently ;) - but I dont believe it until I see it; If they do, I would love if they asked some players on how about to do it since it really seems most of KKs members dont play the game themselves

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, they said they were working on re-balancing the leagues a year ago when the topic was brought up, notably... I honestly think the main issue is they don't know how, not that they don't want to. But they know how to avoid making the current state of things worse: by NOT raising the level cap again.

• Like 1

Only one thing may be a problem in not raising the level (honestly i do not have a "side" in this, for now i'm neutral: yes to not raise, and yes to raise XD): once someone reach the level 500 (which is only one person for now if i understood well) can he still gain exp ? I mean now we have some contest where gaining exp is "useful" and there is a gain exp in Legendary contest too.

So if someone reach the level 500 and the "gain exp" doesn't work anymore, because you cannot gain exp due to the max level reach, that person will be "out" from some contest (and most important a day in legendary contest)

That is my only doubt for now, again i "do not care" about the level for now because personally my goal is not to reach the 500 but to have all the girls and maintain that "Harem King" status :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xemnas said:

can he still gain exp ?

Yup. Which is both why we've been suggesting Kinkoid finds something else to reward players who maxed out on level when they reach further XP milestones (on the positive side of things), and... also why when they do raise the level cap, some people (always the same, obviously)just take a bunch of level-ups at once (on the negative side of things).

Gogeta won't ever be level 501. If they raise the level cap at any point in the future, he'll go straight to 510 or whatever.

Also, some contests have "gain XP" as a task (none has only that, though), nothing has "gain a level". You still gain XP whether or not that XP gives you a level-up, so being at max level doesn't change anything for this type of tasks.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One idea to surpass the problem of the many contests that requires exp and what to do with the exp we gain after the level 500, if it gets capped, could be create a store which unlocks only after reaching this level. In that store, we could trade the accumulated exp for special prizes, like Mythic gifts and books, orbs, dating tokens,… or even girls (but these can not be super OP, so that these lvl 500 people dont have a big advantage over the ones that have not reached the 500 yet).

This way people will have a motivation to reach the max level and continue to play after that. After all, we are all here for the girls. Just an ideia…

• Like 8

I think our hopes of rebalance lie with Comix Harem.

It's a way for KK to test and tweak a new system without severely affecting long time players, their earnings, and their sense of progression.

Once done, HH balance issues might get another look from KK.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, FinderKeeper said:

I think our hopes of rebalance lie with Comix Harem.

It's a way for KK to test and tweak a new system without severely affecting long time players, their earnings, and their sense of progression.

Once done, HH balance issues might get another look from KK.

Is there already an estimated release date or nothing so far ?

Surely the basic reason of this game existing is gacha and gacha alone. To win in this game is not to get all "levels", but to get all "girls". Which means there is nothing wrong with furthering our level cap. Actually there is much good in it since every intellectual understands inside themselves that the "road" is the goal and not the goal itself. Other than that it is e$$ential for Kinkoid meaning they'll, no doubt, $uccumb into any reasoning acceptable to let it continue.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

13 hours ago, lainn said:

To win in this game is not to get all "levels", but to get all "girls".

Are you trolling? I'm guessing you might with your "subtle" wink-wink use of the dollar sign instead of S in the rest of your message, but still... I was under the impression you had a decent grasp on this game's mechanics. Just in case you are not trolling, please note that, as previously stated, the leagues are by far the biggest source of everything in the game, obviously including the "gacha" part.

In any case, please don't troll. Trolls get banned. Thanks.