Patch Notes Week #17 discussion

jelom

3 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Spin the great pachinko to buy items in order to sell them back

You are suggesting I throw away 370K a pop (or 7M for 10, so 28M for all 40) getting just a fraction of it back when I sell, just to complete this one step? Seriously?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ali-n said:

You are suggesting I throw away 370K a pop (or 7M for 10, so 28M for all 40) getting just a fraction of it back when I sell, just to complete this one step? Seriously?

The single spin is cheaper if you want to just sell 40 random items.

And yes, I am suggesting that as a possibility. Is it your best option? That's up to you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

The single spin is cheaper if you want to just sell 40 random items.

And yes, I am suggesting that as a possibility. Is it your best option? That's up to you.

I know you are trying to help (you are always doing so) but I don't believe this suggestion works for me... so I think I will just plod along. Thanks anyway.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ali-n said:

I know you are trying to help (you are always doing so) but I don't believe this suggestion works for me... so I think I will just plod along. Thanks anyway.

Just sell some of those near-infinite grey and green affection things that used to drop from arena or that are dropping from Karole now (if u've reached that point in the story ofc). The Pachinko roll is a great idea if u also wanna swap out some items that are a lot lower level than you are now, but yea if u do it through pachinko u're gonna waste about 10-20% of the actual price of the Pachinko roll (assuming u sell everything back), so theres your cost

About the arena rebalance (and removals), I would suggest that the rewards could be changed to something like this?

4 wins -> Book, gift or booster

8 wins -> Improved Combativity

12 wins -> Double Xp

16 wins -> x1 mythic orb

What does it accomplish? One of the (greater) losses with the rebalance, IMO, was the random (worthy) booster we sometimes got in Arena.

It just makes sense (to me) that the rewards could be split every 4 wins 😅😋

Yes, I added a reward in there but it's a random book/gift/booster, so it's not like it's a guaranteed super-reward.

Anyway, just a minor tweak that would make (to me, at least) the rebalance much better.

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, Eman said:

Can I just say how out of place is the comment on the Champions fights?

"Do Champion Performances (no matter win/lose)"

I mean, you can only "win" each Champion once every 24 hours...

Still an accurate statement -- each performance counts, including the one where you "win". Also, the 24 hour wait applies only to the one you won... there are usually other champions you can battle (assuming you've made it beyond "Morning wood house" and haven't fought and won against all of them).

11 hours ago, ali-n said:

That's exactly my same situation. In my inventory I have no items worthless enough that I am willing to sell them, and spinning the pachinko and reselling the items, even taking into account the subsequent rewards from the other task I would be able to complete, would be a game not worth the candle. As I feared, this event for me is already ended.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

That's exactly my same situation. In my inventory I have no items worthless enough that I am willing to sell them, and spinning the pachinko and reselling the items, even taking into account the subsequent rewards from the other task I would be able to complete, would be a game not worth the candle. As I feared, this event for me is already ended.

In fairness, and though I understand the logic/reason of what you say, we're now earning "more" (over time, at least) with the timer changes, so (I'm merely supposing) the cost of that would be covered (maybe) in a few/some hours? You'll also earn some $ on a task later, as long as you get there (of course).

21 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

Not even some gray flowers or whatever other useless, cheap junk? I did start keeping the items I usually sell away as soon as I heard about this event coming up, but between the bad champion equipment and the random rare/epic junk from daily missions, I barely had half of the 40 items to burn for this challenge. I didn't spin any pachinko to solve the issue, though: I just sold my cheapest grey junk until I reached 40 and that was that. I kinda wish I hadn't burned all my bad boosters months ago, although it does make it way easier to check what I can actually use in my inventory, and I didn't want to risk equipping some crap due to a misclick (happened once, it sucked). But still, even though it won't be the case from the arena since the new patch, I still have hundreds of +3 and +7 point affection items lying around. Don't you?

• Thanks 1

hace 9 horas, ali-n dijo:

Still an accurate statement -- each performance counts, including the one where you "win". Also, the 24 hour wait applies only to the one you won... there are usually other champions you can battle (assuming you've made it beyond "Morning wood house" and haven't fought and won against all of them).

You'll agree with me that something along the line of "Perform 30 fights against Champions" would work as well and wouldn't need the clarification.

In regards to the event, I'm at stage 7, trying to defeat those 40 other players. Selling the 40 articles was hard but I went the pachinko route. Every fight cost me 1.7M and the rare items gave 1.3M in return, but the rare ones more than 2M. All in all, I lost some money, but not that much.

On a side note, I made the mistake of claiming and using the combativity rewards that will come so in handy for task 9. Oh, well, at least I've learned that for the next time.

• Like 2

I have a question. In the event there was a "give exp to the girls" mission. Now i was waiting my next 10 lvl to raise them all so i have done the mission without any problem. There is my question : what happens if i don't have any girls to level up ? (it takes like 5 days to get a lvl now) The mission is cleared as u go on it? Are you gonna be stuck and, sorry for the language, fucked ? 

5 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

I have a question. In the event there was a "give exp to the girls" mission. Now i was waiting my next 10 lvl to raise them all so i have done the mission without any problem. There is my question : what happens if i don't have any girls to level up ? (it takes like 5 days to get a lvl now) The mission is cleared as u go on it? Are you gonna be stuck and, sorry for the language, fucked ? 

If every one of your girls is the same level as you, and you won't be able to level yourself before the end of the event, then your only option would be to get a new girl somehow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

I wonder if the level-dependant values are locked in at the start of the event or if they creep up if you level during the event.

The latter, i just leveled up (416) and now i have to pay 4,160,000 for the 2nd money task

1 hour ago, Observer_X said:

Oh c'mon, i can't believe there are players who don't have anything to sell! IMHO that's one of the easiest tasks, there's just no chance to stay stuck there...You don't have a single gray/green booster/book/gift? Well, i'm impressed!

If you don't have 40 of them and don't want to spin the pachinko, maybe you can also get some more by fighting karole/jackson's crew/pandora witch...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Not even some gray flowers or whatever other useless, cheap junk? I did start keeping the items I usually sell away as soon as I heard about this event coming up, but between the bad champion equipment and the random rare/epic junk from daily missions, I barely had half of the 40 items to burn for this challenge. I didn't spin any pachinko to solve the issue, though: I just sold my cheapest grey junk until I reached 40 and that was that. I kinda wish I hadn't burned all my bad boosters months ago, although it does make it way easier to check what I can actually use in my inventory, and I didn't want to risk equipping some crap due to a misclick (happened once, it sucked). But still, even though it won't be the case from the arena since the new patch, I still have hundreds of +3 and +7 point affection items lying around. Don't you?

Obviously I do, but I put them anyways in the list of the items I am not willing to sell, for a simple reason: I got the majority of those items by fighting arena battles keeping my PC logged on HH for 10-15 hours a day, and now those items have been stripped from arena rewards, meaning that I will use them (before you ask, I use them because I don't like to use greater items and exceed the required affection for the girls), but in the future they won't be replenished unless I fight Jackson's Crew or Pandora Witch at tier 1 (a thing that requires combativity, which often is needed to be spent elsewhere). Take into account that my internship is about to restart, leaving me with less time to play actively, and the result is that the only items that I would be willing to sell, apart unused equipment pieces, are gray boosters, which I actually have zero (and actually no villain can replenish, and before anyone asks, yes, believe it or not, even in Dicktator III I have found green boosters useful enough).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Observer_X said:

Obviously I do, but I put them anyways in the list of the items I am not willing to sell, for a simple reason: I got the majority of those items by fighting arena battles keeping my PC logged on HH for 10-15 hours a day, and now those items have been stripped from arena rewards, meaning that I will use them (before you ask, I use them because I don't like to use greater items and exceed the required affection for the girls), but in the future they won't be replenished unless I fight Jackson's Crew or Pandora Witch at tier 1 (a thing that requires combativity, which often is needed to be spent elsewhere). Take into account that my internship is about to restart, leaving me with less time to play actively, and the result is that the only items that I would be willing to sell, apart unused equipment pieces, are gray boosters, which I actually have zero (and actually no villain can replenish, and before anyone asks, yes, believe it or not, even in Dicktator III I have found green boosters useful enough).

Once you hit a certain level grey items become useless and a hassle to use. U will have to click thousands of times to give a girl just 100 affection/exp. So sell them over you will get sick of them once you start fighting Karole. Actually i wish there was an option to sell all of them with a single click, but nooo so they are stuck in my inventory because it's impossible to click thousands of times to sell them. It would take hours...

1 minute ago, TroubleDance said:

You clearly mention 1200 koban option, however I don't see it anywhere in "Path's" window - I.R. Blind or...?

That's reflecting the difference in koban values between Harem Heroes and Hentai Heroes. Harem Heroes has 1/6 the the koban costs and rewards as Hentai Heroes.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Cantrix said:

Once you hit a certain level grey items become useless and a hassle to use. U will have to click thousands of times to give a girl just 100 affection/exp. So sell them over you will get sick of them once you start fighting Karole. Actually i wish there was an option to sell all of them with a single click, but nooo so they are stuck in my inventory because it's impossible to click thousands of times to sell them. It would take hours...

I never said I use them intensively... I simply use purple, yellow and green items to bring up affection until 50-100 points or the like are left, and then I simply use grays to round the total to the exact value needed. As I said, given that they won't be refilled so easily anymore, as much time as that will need, sooner or later also those grays will exhaust.

17 hours ago, ali-n said:
17 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

..or if you are far enough through the story, fight a villian who awards gifts rather than money

5 hours ago, Eman said:

You'll agree with me that something along the line of "Perform 30 fights against Champions" would work as well and wouldn't need the clarification.

In regards to the event, I'm at stage 7, trying to defeat those 40 other players. Selling the 40 articles was hard but I went the pachinko route. Every fight cost me 1.7M and the rare items gave 1.3M in return, but the rare ones more than 2M. All in all, I lost some money, but not that much.

On a side note, I made the mistake of claiming and using the combativity rewards that will come so in handy for task 9. Oh, well, at least I've learned that for the next time.

I think the clarification is worthwhile, as both the PvP and boss battles tasks require victories. If the clarification wasn't there, someone would definitely assume it required victories. It'd be an incorrect assumption, but it could easily be made by someone who didn't have English as their first language.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

I never said I use them intensively... I simply use purple, yellow and green items to bring up affection until 50-100 points or the like are left, and then I simply use grays to round the total to the exact value needed. As I said, given that they won't be refilled so easily anymore, as much time as that will need, sooner or later also those grays will exhaust.

Required affection values are round numbers, you can easily reach the exact amount using the other gifts. And in any case, we are talking about 417 ymens/affection point, i can't believe you're giving up to get a girl because of such a small amount of money. Money that she would repay in a few hours, even without upgrade her.
If you don't want to take part in this event, don't do it. There's no need to invent excuses to justify your decision.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jamanga said:

..or if you are far enough through the story, fight a villian who awards gifts rather than money

Yes, others have already suggested this. It is basically what I ended up doing -- using up my "stay at home 2 bundle" in order to accomplish. It is simply not something I would normally be comfortable doing.

2 hours ago, Daniele said:

If you don't want to take part in this event, don't do it. There's no need to invent excuses to justify your decision.

Allow me to be cristalline: mine is not an excuse, but the actual and true reason I won't progress further in the event. You are free to believe it or not, but please avoid to call me a liar.