[ 25-May-20 ] PoA Boobies Wars - Discussion

Multiple choice poll  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite girls

• Competitive Lola
    • Competitive Albane
    • Competitive Salem
    • Competitive Clarisse

I saved up 50 Tickets figuring that would be enough and spent the excess. Apparently we're not supposed to play that part of the game anymore. Got it.

I agree with Lance. While in normal events I never actually got all the girls as a f2p player I at least get one girl and complete the event missions and for me that's enough to feel like I've completed the event. If future events similar to this one would be balanced in the same way they can't be completed as a f2p player without preparing for it the entire rest of the month...which sucks. This is some silly browser game, I really don't want to min/max just so I can complete events.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

These aren't missions, these are tasks. They're a new thing, so maybe you should think of them differently?

However you want to twist it, in all practical sense they are missions with assigned requirements to them. The issue I have is that since the first event the requirements have been steep and now they are several times steeper for the biggest bottleneck of the event.

• Like 4

13 minuti fa, myhomie ha scritto:

I saved up 50 Tickets figuring that would be enough and spent the excess. Apparently we're not supposed to play that part of the game anymore. Got it.

I agree with Lance. While in normal events I never actually got all the girls as a f2p player I at least get one girl and complete the event missions and for me that's enough to feel like I've completed the event. If future events similar to this one would be balanced in the same way they can't be completed as a f2p player without preparing for it the entire rest of the month...which sucks. This is some silly browser game, I really don't want to min/max just so I can complete events.

the first girl of the free path is easily achievable, in a 7 days time span. You should consider her as the "at least one girl" you get from the other events (this doesn't mean that I don't find the champions performances tasks a bit crazy, even more considering the fact that the champions mechanics encourage you to have less than 10 tickets at the end of the day)

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 4

Saved up 88 tickets (Fighting champions takes up a lot of time for me so Im 90% of the time too lazy to spend 10-ish hours fighting the higher tier champions from which I dont have the girls from), and turns out 120 tickets are needed in total... hooo boy that's a steep requirement, and I'm glad I have been saving up tickets! :D 2 girls for 7200 Kobans though- now that's definitely worth my time and I'm glad I've been hoarding Kobans since the last PoA event, as lame as the previous one was compared to this one lol. Requirements for tasks are still not ideal, but from the looks of it I can do them easily so I'm definitely investing the kobans, and I like all the girls anyway so it's a win-win for me.
Art is good :)  :) :) :) :) :) Definitely no complaints here, or ever again, even a stick figure is good art :)  :) :) :) :)

59 minutes ago, Darsca said:

The irony here is that I had to approve this ☝️ 

I hope at least you got the joke then :D 

• Like 3

So the events need to be done in order? - Feels a bit weird, especially considering the later "combat the champion 80 times", I beat him each time in 3-4 tries, so that would take at least 20 days alone.

I feel kind of punished for having a stronger team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Antimon said:

the first girl of the free path is easily achievable, in a 7 days time span. You should consider her as the "at least one girl" you get from the other events

Fair enough. There's still no sense of completion with only half the event finished though.

Just now, LanceHardwood said:

However you want to twist it, in all practical sense they are missions with assigned requirements to them. The issue I have is that since the first event the requirements have been steep and now they are several times steeper for the biggest bottleneck of the event.

Well I just mean in this particular games, all the other missions have been click and wait buttons. Having actual things to do makes them a VERY different beast.

And yes, they are several times steeper, but that 80 is after the 10 tasks that were in the original (which they've added 2 additional days onto this event to complete), so scaling up it's not...unrealistic? Hard yes, but still. I just think the criticism is a bit harsh for just the initial reaction. For what it's worth though I've actually sent feedback directly to Noacc AGAINST this 80 reward, but from a very different perspective: Newer players might only have 2 or 3 champions active to fight since they've focused on just them to get their girls while they still grow stronger. 80 challenges so closely after the 40 is likely to run them into the 24 hour wait wall, which is a fair bit different to later game players who should have access to 1, 2 or 3 more champions. I think it's totally a fine amount of tickets, just that it's too likely to make people clear things.

Just now, pulli23 said:

So the events need to be done in order? - Feels a bit weird, especially considering the later "combat the champion 80 times", I beat him each time in 3-4 tries, so that would take at least 20 days alone.

Yeah they have to be done in order. There are up to 6 champions to challenge. If you're new and only have 1 or 2, well yeah that's kinda rough, read above.

• Like 1

FWIW, though I'm not a free-to-play player I draw the line at buying Kobans full price &, as I used most of my Koban stash in the last event - entirely my decision & I knew it would have repercussions in the next event(s) - I doubt I will be able to accumulate the perquisite 7200 Kobans for the second/bonus pathway before the end of the event which leaves me in a spot of bother re: the increased ticket requirement, so it's not just the very new players & free-to-play players who will be left both annoyed & dismayed at 120 ticket requirement. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Well I just mean in this particular games, all the other missions have been click and wait buttons. Having actual things to do makes them a VERY different beast.

And yes, they are several times steeper, but that 80 is after the 10 tasks that were in the original (which they've added 2 additional days onto this event to complete), so scaling up it's not...unrealistic? Hard yes, but still. I just think the criticism is a bit harsh for just the initial reaction. For what it's worth though I've actually sent feedback directly to Noacc AGAINST this 80 reward, but from a very different perspective: Newer players might only have 2 or 3 champions active to fight since they've focused on just them to get their girls while they still grow stronger. 80 challenges so closely after the 40 is likely to run them into the 24 hour wait wall, which is a fair bit different to later game players who should have access to 1, 2 or 3 more champions. I think it's totally a fine amount of tickets, just that it's too likely to make people clear things.

Yeah they have to be done in order. There are up to 6 champions to challenge. If you're new and only have 1 or 2, well yeah that's kinda rough, read above.

The criticism is directed particularly because of the implications of said requirements, like you already realized certain players will be blocked by the state of their champions etc. While other requirements are no less steep (hello 60 pvp wins or 100 pve), they can be overcome with a moderate amount of kobans which will usually be spent on such events, and the rest are practically resource missions, which people tend to have a lot of (well, maybe some will be missing items for sale). If you consider everything this event entails it costs about as much as doing a Legendary days event, with much worse rewards. The 2 top girls should have been 5 star if they require this amount of resources, time and kobans. As it is, this event doesn't fill a niche beyond giving top-tier players a small challenge, while being frustrating for the rest. Quite similar to the current event on Hentai Clicker I might add.

P.S. The devs need to find a better way to challenge super-advanced players without negatively affecting the rest.

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Like 5
  • Thinking 1

16 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

Saved up 88 tickets (Fighting champions takes up a lot of time for me so Im 90% of the time too lazy to spend 10-ish hours fighting the higher tier champions from which I dont have the girls from), and turns out 120 tickets are needed in total... hooo boy that's a steep requirement, and I'm glad I have been saving up tickets! :D 

You only need 2 more tickets by the way, since there are 30 reward tickets.

But I know that feeling. It's even more vindicating when people previously said I was a bad planner and a loan shark addict just because I saved up thousands of tickets.😂🤣

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fiel said:

You only need 2 more tickets by the way, since there are 30 reward tickets.

But I know that feeling. It's even more vindicating when people previously said I was a bad planner and a loan shark addict just because I saved up thousands of tickets.😂🤣

haha nice! Also- Gotta spend 20 million Ymens for the 2nd to last requirement... sweet lord am I glad I was stingy and not buying stats for myself, it's gonna be a blast once I upgrade my stats for 20 million Ymens, I can't wait hehe

• Like 1

Hmm, thanks, but no thanks when it comes to this type of event. I guess I still count as a "newer player" at 1.45 years of gameplay because I have more than enough to do in character, girl, and club development without shooting myself in the foot by adding order specific tasks to my plate.

• Like 5
  • Thinking 1

Gotta admit Salem looks stunning! I checked all poses and all girls for this event... there seems to be a world of (quality?) style difference between Lola and Salem, for instance. Really sad that Lola is the easiest to get--it's the one I want the least.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

haha nice! Also- Gotta spend 20 million Ymens for the 2nd to last requirement... sweet lord am I glad I was stingy and not buying stats for myself, it's gonna be a blast once I upgrade my stats for 20 million Ymens, I can't wait hehe

You can just spend Ymens in the Great Pachinko. As a bonus you get a cool legendary item or more. And then you can sell some of it and get money back.

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Well, the problem for new players could be somewhat alleviated putting a requirement (as is the case of money spent) related to level of the player: Example: fight (player lvl / 10) times the champions to clear the sixth objective. So a level 200 has to fight champions 20 times and a level 400 has to fight champions 40 times.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, pulli23 said:

One way to "weaken" your team is to pick girls that do not match the requisite sequence of positions (e.g., shuffling them around and/or using the "draft")

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, jelom said:

Well, the problem for new players could be somewhat alleviated putting a requirement (as is the case of money spent) related to level of the player: Example: fight (player lvl / 10) times the champions to clear the sixth objective. So a level 200 has to fight champions 20 times and a level 400 has to fight champions 40 times.

Or maybe just make "beating" the champion the (rough) equivalent as many times trying? like beating (=24 hour clock started) results in about 10 tries?

• Like 2

If there is going to be a requirement to spend 120 tickets for these events going forward, then there needs to be an adjustment to the way the 3 free daily tickets are handled. There is a huge opportunity cost in saving tickets instead of spending them. Saving tickets for 30 days means you miss out on at 90 free tickets. That is enough to defeat a champion several times and is worth 10's of millions of ymens. Moreover, on a more basic level, saving tickets requires you to not engage with a major part of the game for long stretches of time. Some players prefer to save theirs for tactical reasons, and that is fine, but people who spend them shouldn't be punished.

I'd suggest that if these sorts of tickets costs are going to be the normal state of challenges in the future, that the 3 free daily tickets be changed to function the same as the free Pachinko spins. 3 free champion performances on a 24 hour timer that doesn't reset until spent. Eliminate the requirement to be under 10 tickets. Players can't stockpile the free spins so there is no difference between players who want to save their tickets and those who don't. Neither savers nor spenders are hurt by this change and people that save are still allowed to fight champions a few times a day while spending.

As for Boobie Wars, I think that this is an overall better event than the previous one. There is much better value in spending the 7200 Kobans. The rewards in general are much improved commensurate with the costs. The failure is in not communicating that these changes were incoming. I was preparing for an event similar to Path of Attraction which I completed without spending Kobans and without stockpiling resources. The order of magnitude jump in difficulty between Path of Attraction and Boobie Wars should have been revealed much sooner to allow players time to prepare. I think there is close to a 0% chance of completing all the challenges unless you were specifically saving resources for this event or you spend 1000's of kobans.

Finally, they should change the "Sell Items" challenge to a "Sell or Use Items" challenge. Selling items at a loss just to advance up the path is a dumb mechanic. Not hard, just dumb.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, pulli23 said:

Or maybe just make "beating" the champion the (rough) equivalent as many times trying? like beating (=24 hour clock started) results in about 10 tries?

you are wrong, you don't have to win (beat a stage of the champion) 40 times, you have to fight 40 times, you can even lose all 40 times to reach the objective. Said in other words the objective is to spend 40 tickets with champions whatever the result could be.

On 5/25/2020 at 8:23 AM, GeorgeMTO said:

Because people have complained for years that the normal was kinda boring. Welcome to the new normal.

Well the new normal is too expensive! lol

I mean I'm cool blowing $20 on this game every once in a while cause I want to support the developers and that's what I can afford, but $50 just to unlock some characters/bonsues is too much!

At least to me, locking away characters/features of the event that you have to pay a ridiculous amount extra for makes it feel like the devs are trying to be greedy and push their luck on just how much they can take advantage of some of us.... while at the same time somewhat excluding other players who can't afford and/or justify spending that much money on the game! 

Now I don't know if they plan to make the $50 characters available to everyone later on (like lola's mom from the last $50 event) or if they are maybe going to see how this can put off some players and  at least reduce the price for it to be more affordable for more players, but I would hope they do!

I think it would really be in their best interest in the long run to make as much of the game accessible/playable to as many people as possible and NOT lock away parts of it that are only accessible to those with deep pockets! 

Edited by Stang91
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I realy enjoyed the last one, although it seemed a bit easy (to me at least). But this time it seems the devs realy ramped it up.

All is fine until "defeat villains x100" with in itself would take 2 days and 2 hours (or a day, 8 hours and half, if you don't pick any combativity from other tasks, and not count any won with arena wins)

If you're extremely strong for your lvl, and can win every arena and league battle, you will have aprox 27 wins per 3 and half hours (210 min = 6 league battles (35 min) and 21 arenas (30 minutes per 3), meaning a minimum of 4*3:30 (14 hours) and aprox 3 more hours to complete a total of 130 wins (60+70), adding to a total of aprox 17 hours, battling without loosing once and at every refresh. Although this time is divided in two separeted ocasions. But let's be real, no one can beat every single opponent arena throws at us.

80 wins against champions would mean anyting between 20 hours (80*15minutes/60, with only one champion) and 3 hours 20 minutes (with 6 champions), where your objective (meaning the completion of the event's task) is the oposite of that what would be a normal objective (that is, deal the most damage possible against a champion), because every defeated champion represents one day waiting for him to respawn.

Meaning, if one was to use every resourse, i.e, arrive at a task with no combatitivity and with 0 league battles, but with the ammount of money needed for the semi-final task and only one champion, he would take a minimun of 87 hours ( 3 straight days and 15 hours) to complete the last 5 tasks. If he would have all 6 champions, it would go down to 2 days, 22 hours and 20 min.

So, if one doesn't want to spend kobans while trying to finish the event, the best thing to do is to program resourses: •saving league battles until pvp tasks, •villain fights until villain tasks, •itens until selling tasks, •and money until spending tasks. If so, you could finish every one of them.

I know it will be difficult for me expecially the pvp ones, because of my tendency to upgrade every girl to max star, instead of spending this money on my own stats.

Also, it's generaly a good thing to not spend the kobans buying the double rewards until finishing all tasks, because I know how pissed I would be if last day comes and I realise that the task could not be completed, considering a free to play player.

tl;dr it's a grindier event than others, although it's a relative more certain event (looking at you 30 combats with villains and no girl attraction)

Edited by GuiBelt
adding more information
  • Like 6