[ 25-May-20 ] PoA Boobies Wars - Discussion

Multiple choice poll  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite girls

• Competitive Lola
    • Competitive Albane
    • Competitive Salem
    • Competitive Clarisse

And so, by my part, stashing every single item i was willing to sell since the last Path of Attraction event, in the hope of doing better in this one, was worthless. At least this time I will complete two task instead of one. I will continue to stash items, although I am prone to bet that the third sell item task will be back in the next event, wasting again my efforts. The irony is that I would have been perfectly ready for all those champion battles. Another thing that hit me after giving a quick eye to all the tasks, given some player complaints on the ymen expenses for the adventure, is that the total ymen needed has passed from level x 15000 to level x100000 (and given the difference in price between books/gifts and equipment, especially at high levels a players will probably found himself spending quite a lot more than the minimum needed).

It is a real pity that the limits of the forum hinder me to build a poll that can't be ruined like the last one (plus I am neither able nor willing to use external applications): I would be really curious to have some stats on this event.

• Like 2

I do not like this type of event as it interferes too much with how I play this game.  For example, if a champion is optimized for cash farming, I do not want to defeat it.  Or to get free champion tickets, many players do not stock up on tickets.   Sometimes, one does not want to defeat players in the leagues, and the arena rewards have been reduced.  Spending cash and selling items can be wasteful (if tolerable) depending on your situation.  And having to do it in order further reduces your control.

My preference would be for a regular revival, perhaps with one girl rotated.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

To make a simple point, this is the kinda game someone normally pops open for just a bit, maybe 2 hours at max when they are doing their daily missions if they don't open it back up later in the day.  You check on it maybe 3 times a day when your combat is full for villains or the league, maybe pop every half hour I'd your really dedicated.  And normal events don't interfere with that flow.

This does.  This changed how you have to play the game and requires a lot more focus, including to thi gs yo don't normally do, like hitting a sell goal.  I'll do what I can but I prefer events that don't change how much time I spend on this game.  We already have so many events that we had to start combining them with orgy days. (Don't get me wrong, I like OD).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I Like this event. But I think that is for my level ( over 400 and constantly top 15 in the last league, for me is not a problem to spend 7200kb in f2p for 4 legendary girls + 10 epic orbs + 2 event orbs; I think is a fair trade  ). I am in end game in all of tasks of this game so, for me, the difficult of this event is right. For players with lower level maybe this event is too complicated. Maybe the developers should create a different event for each level range (1-100 / 101-200 / etc.) perhaps less rich, but more accessible for low level players.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Observer_X said:

And so, by my part, stashing every single item i was willing to sell since the last Path of Attraction event, in the hope of doing better in this one, was worthless.

(and given the difference in price between books/gifts and equipment, especially at high levels a players will probably found himself spending quite a lot more than the minimum needed).

Don't you normally have hundreds of grey and green booster given to you for free by the game? It's so easy to sell the grey boosters, or grey books, or grey affections.

And it's not the end of the world to spend some millions. Money is an easily renewable resource after all.

à l’instant, Fiel a dit :

Don't you normally have hundreds of grey and green booster given to you for free by the game? It's so easy to sell the grey boosters, or grey books, or grey affections.

With the modification of the Arena, we do not have free boosters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GuiBelt said:

All is fine until "defeat villains x100" with in itself would take 2 days and 2 hours (or a day, 8 hours and half, if you don't pick any combativity from other tasks, and not count any won with arena wins)

If you don't claim the 10 combativity from step 4 and you get 20 from step 9 to use in step 10 and you start the morning with a full 20, you are at 50 (or one half of total needed) right away.  That changes the math

Last time the event had 2 gorgeous girls so I went for it and even spent 7200 kobans.

This time around? The girls, especially the 2 first ones are disfigured beyond recognition (a blond with big boobs isn't enough to make her look like Lola) and the other 2 while are better drawn, feel rushed.

Seeing how ridiculous the quests requirements are, I'm starting to question if I'm going to complete the "free" path let alone to spend kobans or real money on it. Nothing in this event IMO is worth spending kobans.

I'm going to repeat myself over and over again. Please stop this madness. Make fewer well drawn girls who are worth the players investment and money. Thank you!

Edited by linkdream
  • Like 6
  • Thinking 2

Ugh. I think I'll take a hard pass on this event. A little burnt out with the previous ones and while I would definitely want Salem for my collection... Just don't have that burning drive at the moment. I'll just go at it slowly and see where I end up at.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ChyldeRoland said:

If you don't claim the 10 combativity from step 4 and you get 20 from step 9 to use in step 10 and you start the morning with a full 20, you are at 50 (or one half of total needed) right away.  That changes the math

Can you proceed to the next step without claiming the reward of the previous one ?

The first girl shouldn't be too hard to get. I'm currently on stage 4 with 24/30 villains defeated. The second girl, on the other hand...

Anyway, now I know. After the first PoA event, I thought it would be a good idea to save up some resources for the next one, so I saved 40 pieces of equipment instead of selling them, I have 98 Champion tickets and I have 10k xp worth of books for my girls. But with this new event, they pushed the requirements up to another level... 40 sellable items ? Not enough. 98 Champion Tickets ? Not enough. Money ? I have 13.5M, because I thought I should rank my girls up a bit. Bad idea : Not enough money.

So what does this new event teach me ? Well, now I know that I gotta save ALL of my resources, and not use anything, because I don't know what kind of requirements we will have for the next PoA event. So basically, if I want to be able to have results in the next PoA events, I can't afford to do anything with my money, sellable items, champion tickets, XP books, and most likely Affection items too. All the resources.

It's some pretty bad game design according to me, but whatever. I'll hoard and save everything up.

Also, too bad I get my ass brutally handed to me in every single fight I do in the Tower of Fame (my current bracket is way out of my league, not sure how I got up there exactly), that means I gotta rely entirely on the Arena to get my PvP wins...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, jelom said:

you are wrong, you don't have to win (beat a stage of the champion) 40 times, you have to fight 40 times, you can even lose all 40 times to reach the objective. Said in other words the objective is to spend 40 tickets with champions whatever the result could be.

The problem for a new person like me is that *winning* is inevitable, even with my worst girls I win in 3ish tries. And so the rest period of 24 hours is inevitable and makes the 6 days halt.

It also feels weird to be rewarded for performing as bad as possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mooreslife said:

What's a 'default' recommended number of tickets ' to stash nowadays to get to do stuff? I have 507 and I thought I was overdoing it, but now I just don't know. 

Don't have an answer for you but there is a definite possibility imo that the reason the ticket requirements for these events are so ridiculously high is that so many people have huge stashes of tickets.   Devs may consider the requirements quite reasonable as they have access to that data.

What I don`t like about this event (and I agree with previous posters at least it is something different):

1. If you want to participate it forces you to adjust "normal" gameplay/playstyle. Just hoard everything (items, kobans, money, tickets .....) Or spent a lot of real money on it. 

2. There is in my opinion, not enough consideration for different kind of levels on players. For instance champions (if you have not unlocked them) or item selling (if you are not in the final 3 worlds). In a normal event this can also be the case, but at least the first few bosses are unlocked quite quickly. 

3. Steep or impossible route to finish it. Just check on the last 3 or 4 requirements. Maybe I can do 1 or 2 of them, but all within 6 days. I highly doubt it. And you have to them in order also, which makes it even more hard, due to time constraints. 

4. If you want the maximum out of the event it forces you to invest 7,200 kobans (which for some is not much, but for me (playing for 8 months now) quite a high amount. For instance more optimal spending, seems to be to use it in Orgy or Legendary days. (like I did the past 2 events because of which I dropped in kobans form 9,000 to 5,000). 

5. In a normal event you at least get a shot at a girl from pachinko or a 100 drop (you can be lucky). Now if you do not have the kobans you miss out for half of the event. 

6. This event forces you to take out a calculator to make it work. 

So to wrap up, I think I will get 1 girl out of this event, and let it pass for the rest. Hoping that next month we will not have to face this crazy thing again.

So back to relaxing mode, and building up the koban reserve for June.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, mooreslife said:

What's a 'default' recommended number of tickets ' to stash nowadays to get to do stuff? I have 507 and I thought I was overdoing it, but now I just don't know. 

I would speculate (based on two data points) that the number of resources in general would correlate to the number of days the event runs - e.g. more days equals more tickets needed, more villains to beat, more items to sell, etc.  So you have to decide if there is likely to be a PoA event longer than seven days.  Personally, I would imagine it not likely to be a lot longer than seven days and more likely than not to be closer to the original event in length.

80 wins against champions would mean anyting between 20 hours (80*15minutes/60, with only one champion) and 3 hours 20 minutes (with 6 champions), where your objective (meaning the completion of the event's task) is the oposite of that what would be a normal objective (that is, deal the most damage possible against a champion), because every defeated champion represents one day waiting for him to respawn.

Again that is if you don't beat them. I've not been able to reduce my "power" below ~50k. Which means I beat him in 20ish tries. So add 4 full days of "waiting" to that. (And then the event is over).

13 minuti fa, pulli23 ha scritto:

Again that is if you don't beat them. I've not been able to reduce my "power" below ~50k. Which means I beat him in 20ish tries. So add 4 full days of "waiting" to that. (And then the event is over).

have you tried to remove the equipment?

30 minutes ago, Max669 said:

The first girl shouldn't be too hard to get. I'm currently on stage 4 with 24/30 villains defeated. The second girl, on the other hand...

Anyway, now I know. After the first PoA event, I thought it would be a good idea to save up some resources for the next one, so I saved 40 pieces of equipment instead of selling them, I have 98 Champion tickets and I have 10k xp worth of books for my girls. But with this new event, they pushed the requirements up to another level... 40 sellable items ? Not enough. 98 Champion Tickets ? Not enough. Money ? I have 13.5M, because I thought I should rank my girls up a bit. Bad idea : Not enough money.

So what does this new event teach me ? Well, now I know that I gotta save ALL of my resources, and not use anything, because I don't know what kind of requirements we will have for the next PoA event. So basically, if I want to be able to have results in the next PoA events, I can't afford to do anything with my money, sellable items, champion tickets, XP books, and most likely Affection items too. All the resources.

It's some pretty bad game design according to me, but whatever. I'll hoard and save everything up.

Also, too bad I get my ass brutally handed to me in every single fight I do in the Tower of Fame (my current bracket is way out of my league, not sure how I got up there exactly), that means I gotta rely entirely on the Arena to get my PvP wins...

See there's your mistake, you do stuff. Sadly thanks to this new type of event, the proper way to use the site is to do absolutely nothing unless you absolutely have to.

This type of event is so stupid. Doing things like leveling your stats or girls, using site feature like champions, you know regular site usage, are things that can screw you over in this type of event. I still can't figure out what made them think an event where normal site usage can screw you was a good idea.

• Like 5

hace 4 minutos, ShadowWeaver dijo:

See there's your mistake, you do stuff. Sadly thanks to this new type of event, the proper way to use the site is to do absolutely nothing unless you absolutely have to.

This type of event is so stupid. Doing things like leveling your stats or girls, using site feature like champions, you know regular site usage, are things that can screw you over in this type of event. I still can't figure out what made them think an event where normal site usage can screw you was a good idea.

Gotta agree with you, buddy. For starters, it is quite clear than unless you spend money consistently, you just can't get everything at once. So what better idea than setting your own pace, enjoying the game and not caring about unnecessarily bothersome events.

• Like 1

I just realized I forgot about another significant downside to the champion requirement for the event - you have to practically spend tickets on any champion that's available. I personally only farm 1 specific because that girl is most important to me right now, and now if I want to participate I'm forced to waste tickets on other champs.

I've been complaining about tickets a lot, but the event structure itself is deeply flawed. While I applaud the desire to provide variety in events, this is definitely not the right way to do one. There are several major flaws:

- significant resource requirements beyond the usual energy/combativity required for all other events

- being locked to e certain order of missions, instead of being able to complete missions concurrently

- as a function of the above - requiring specific missions to be completed instead of a certain number of completions

On any other event the only practical condition is to either complete daily events or have specific villains unlocked to farm the relevant girls. Here the resource requirements which blindside the players every time, not to mention that some of them may be completely unachievable without spending kobans. What's more, the whole thing has to be completed one after the other, which is one of the event's biggest flaws IMO. If all the "missions" were unlocked on day 1, it would be a far better experience, without forcing players to into horrible time-management. Another good idea would be to require a certain number of completed missions rather than specific ones. This way those who don't have a particular resource, can at least achieve some reward based on what they have available.

What's interesting is that all of these things are already implemented in other events, so what has prevented them from implementing similar things here ?

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Like 1