Patch Notes Week #27

Noacc

• Community Manager

Patch_Notes_HH.png

Bug fixes

• Wrong Sifra images between first and second poses have been fixed 
  • Winning a girl from a quest was not displayed properly. The visual issue has been fixed

Want to know more about the Known and fixed issues? Click here

Improvements

• Button allowing to hide and show the texts during quests has been improved

pasted-image-0.png

Test server

• Due to player feedback, we are reworking the display of the notifications for contests and Path of Attraction. Give it a try on the test server! 
  • You want to give us your feedback for this notification V2? Click here.
  • Our team is also thinking about the possibility to disable this animation. However, this may take some take time to implement. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Your opinion is important to us, that is why this week we’ll ask you to fill a survey for the Legendary Contests. After we gather your opinion we will make sure to share the results with you. Thank you for your time and dedication! 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Noacc said:
  • Due to player feedback, we are reworking the display of the notifications for contests and Path of Attraction. Give it a try on the test server! 
  • Our team is also thinking about the possibility to disable this animation. However, this may take some take time to implement. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

This makes me torn a bit. On one hand, if we're getting an option to disable them (or you scrap the idea all together), that'll be great, and I really appreciate such an option!
On the other hand- this is bullshit and we all know it. "Thinking about the possibility to disable the animation" give me a break, you actually mean that people have complained about this for a solid month now and you've only now considering it!? "may take some time to implement" - this is the best joke ever. FinderKeeper made a script to disable that shit of his own volition and shared it with the forum, indicating that it's most likely not a lot of work (not a coder so I wont claim if it is or isnt, but just at the amount of code written in the script it looks like something someone with 1 iota of knowledge can shit out in 5-10 minutes). 
I appreciate that you're FINALLY considering our feedback, but please cut it out with the bullshit and the lies. Thank you.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Noacc said:

Our team is also thinking about the possibility to disable this animation. However, this may take some take time to implement. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Even someone with no notion of programing whatsoever can easily see that adding an ON/OFF button to a visual feature takes like one basic line of code and 5 minutes tops, testing included. This thing has been in place for what, about a month now? You had a MASSIVE demand for an ON/OFF switch on it since DAY ONE. You had enough time and resources to completely redesign the cosmetic aspect of the feature (that was extremely secondary in the player feedback, when present at all), but you didn't find enough time to "think about the possibility" of adding one basic ON/OFF button? Really?...

Devs: Hey, here's a massive wall of lag with some literally useless information that you didn't ask for and can't remove. It will pop up constantly when you play from now on. How much do you love it, tell us on a scale from "a lot" to "you guys rule!". We listen to your feedback, see.

Community: Could you please remove this ASAP? If you really, really insist on keeping it, could you 1/ Give us the option to turn it OFF; 2/ Make it less laggy; 3/ Change it so that at the very least it tells us something useful, like "Task X: 12/15" instead of "Task X: +1"? Please hurry up, this is the most annoying thing ever.

Devs: Thanks for your feedback! We're always glad to hear from you guys. We hear you loud and clear, and that's why we have had the cosmetic design of this thing slightly altered in multiple ways. And you get to choose which one you want! Please tell us how exciting this is, on a scale of "so, so much!" to "please marry me"! We can't wait.

Community: Are you kidding us? That's not what we asked for, like, at all. Alright... If it really, really, REALLY makes you happy to have this useless junk in the game for whatever reason, then yeah, the obviously least intrusive of the three choices you gave us is, well... obviously the least intrusive.  So let's say we vote for that. Now, could you please, PLEASE follow our actual feedback ASAP?

Devs: Loud and clear. By popular demand, we are proud to deliver the slightly improved on a purely cosmetic level wall of lag and useless text! Oh, and yeah, it seems that there was some other feedback we kind of missed about this as well. We don't think it's that important though, but sure, we'll think about it. Now please let us know, on a scale of "this kicks so much ass" to "you guys really go above and beyond to make us happy", how excited are you about this wonderful update? We really care about what you guys experience.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 14

Are you keeping a tally on how many total work hours have gone into the contest notifications, both creation and destruction? Cause I would really, REALLY love to know how much time was spent on a feature that everyone hates.

• Like 6

hace 1 hora, Čamuga dijo:

This makes me torn a bit. On one hand, if we're getting an option to disable them (or you scrap the idea all together), that'll be great, and I really appreciate such an option!
On the other hand- this is bullshit and we all know it. "Thinking about the possibility to disable the animation" give me a break, you actually mean that people have complained about this for a solid month now and you've only now considering it!? "may take some time to implement" - this is the best joke ever. FinderKeeper made a script to disable that shit of his own volition and shared it with the forum, indicating that it's most likely not a lot of work (not a coder so I wont claim if it is or isnt, but just at the amount of code written in the script it looks like something someone with 1 iota of knowledge can shit out in 5-10 minutes). 
I appreciate that you're FINALLY considering our feedback, but please cut it out with the bullshit and the lies. Thank you.

Taking it out is easy, having a setting means adding a flag in the player data in the servers or in a cookie or another browser storage. It shouldn't be much more difficult in the server but I can't talk about that, I don't know their codebase. Having it in the browser IS easy, though.

• Like 1

It's still a spoiler, showing the result before any fight etc.

It's still a delay. Adding that in a game where we pay, in game currency and real money to avoid delays, thats a NO NO... fuck NO.

It's still blocks other info.

It's still you pushing something we don't want.

It's still a reason to quit the game. No way I'm paying anyone pulling shit like this.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Noacc said:

Improvements

• Button allowing to hide and show the texts during quests has been improved

A simple but effective change, now the "eye" don't interfere in the reading of some long texts, and is in a position (lower right corner) where is also less intrusive in the image. 👍

• Like 1

Just to add to my responses in the 'tick box' feedback survey re: the redesigned contests & PoA notifications: the V2 notifications are slightly less intrusive but the prepotent problem - the slowing down of play - remains unaddressed & if the option to turn them off were added then i suspect that those players who opt to leave them in place might prefer the old/original design.

Edited by Caradog
grammar & correcting an incorrect spellcheck alteration ('prepotent' to 'proponent').

I checked the new notification feature on test server and I still don't think it addresses the main problem:

• it slows down any contest relevant click in the game.

Yes, it improved a little bit in being one sided only.

No, it still lies over any information how a battle develops for the opponent.

No, it still requires it extra time to go away - and this seems longer than the time for a one-hit-victory against a boss (= I could skip it or wait, the skipping is quicker for even 1 strike win)

No, I still see the fight result before the fight ends - because the popup comes together with the server response how the fight will go = what contest reward I get.

So where is the problem?

• you have only a few actions where always a reward screen comes: arena, league, boss, champion, collecting daily activities, getting Pachinko reward
  • so no standard reward screen comes: story progress, spending Ymen, spending XP books

What do I think makes this post a "helpful feedback" instead of just a "requested opinion"?

• as long as you wanna keep that notification feature, I simply suggest to integrate it into existing reward screens.
    • that would avoid popping up the fight result before the fight ends, too
    • that would avoid laying over any fight progress bar
  • that leaves only 3 areas that need a creative non-time-consuming idea
    • main goals: don't lay over the reading story / spending books/ money in a fast clicking manner
      • that is partially achieved as of today, because if I'm fast enough, I can keep clicking and the notification comes after a certain break of clicking
      • I just have to be slow enough to avoid a detection of automatic clicker software
    • beside the story I guess it is okay for the overlay - maybe extend the "accumulation" time?
  • Like 3

• Noacc unfeatured and unpinned this topic