Gift Code Posting Thread (HH)

Zteev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GUYS... DO NOT POST THE SOCIAL MEDIA SURVEY CODE HERE.

People can already read their in-game news and use it whether or not they actually took the survey. Don't give it away on the forum on top of that.

YES, a number of users have already posted that code here, and yes their posts have been removed. STOP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

il y a 44 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

People can already read their in-game news and use it whether or not they actually took the survey. Don't give it away on the forum on top of that.

YES, a number of users have already posted that code here, and yes their posts have been removed. STOP.

Well - You might want to delete the post from Schneizel007 an hour ago in French forum... Remember there are 2 codes pages, one in English, one in French... I had it in my game mail already for filling survey. Thanks for that, I will fill more surveys in future 😁

12 minutes ago, Griffe said:

Well - You might want to delete the post from Schneizel007 an hour ago in French forum... Remember there are 2 codes pages, one in English, one in French...

Thanks, but FR and EN are two separate sub-forums, with each its own moderator team. Feel free to bring the post in question to the FR mods' attention, if you speak French. I only moderate the EN forum.

Il y a 9 heures, DvDivXXX a dit :

I was one of the authors from the posts who got removed. Not complaining or anything, it is rightful moderation, but I got a sanction and I have no idea about how it works : will I get my account banned after a certain number, what type of sanction exist, etc...

Is there a dedicated thread on that matter ? Sorry for the unrelated post but I didn't find any private message feature 😅

8 hours ago, Esios said:

Is there a dedicated thread on that matter ? Sorry for the unrelated post but I didn't find any private message feature

No problem. There's no thread for that (and we don't need one), and there isn't a private message feature either. Having said that, messages sent by moderators through warnings are private.

You won't get banned after you receive a certain number of warning points, although there is a loose connection. These points do nothing by themselves, they just serve as an indicator for mods (past, present and future) and for each user (other users can't see your warning points either). One warning point is the default, although we can adjust it as we issue a warning.

In theory, past 3 strikes a user starts getting suspended or banned if they keep their problematic behavior. In practice, the context and the moderator's assessment of the situation matter a lot more than the number of points. Some accounts accumulated well over a dozen warning points without getting banned, others are banned straight away from zero points (obvious fake accounts made to spam, typically).

Don't worry, be happy. You're not on our top priority watch list or whatever because of that one mistake. ^^

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Sorry for the question, but why not?

7 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Wait, I should have received a code in my email after taking the survey?

Not right after, but they eventually sent it by email yes. However, you also have access to it in your in-game news, in case you didn't receive the email. The problem with that is that everyone else also has access to it in the same way. So yeah, posting it on the forum on top of that is way overkill for a code that was supposed to reward people who took a specific survey for it.

In general, codes that are given away by Kinkoid directly should not be posted here. If they tweet a code, it's fine to post about it here, you can even include a link to their Twitter, but don't spell out the code itself in your post. If they give one on Facebook, or when they did the partnership with the webcam site, etc. same thing. You should at least visit the page the code was meant to advertise.

The promotions they've been doing to attract new players from various third-party sites over the past few months, or other cases where the code is posted by a third-party, until instructed otherwise, are okay to share here if you find them. As was the case with this month's partnership with the site Hentaireviews.

• Thanks 4

Just now, ali-n said:

For these codes in particular, I'm guessing they don't want them posted because it becomes quite clear they did not give the same gift/reward to everyone -- some are getting considerably more than others with different codes. They have their reasons for doing so, but I'm sure some people will be sad/angry when figuring out they were "slighted"... kinda like the Xmas gift issues many homes face, when one child gets something better/more expensive than another.

I'm sorry, what on earth are you talking about with some getting more? Other than the 1 implementation when there was a EpPx10 orb instead of a GPx10 orb (and yes this was big, but it was also once right when it was first implemented and quickly removed because it wasn't the intended reward, so everyone who was able to enter it in that time period got the same reward), every code has given the exact same reward to every player.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I'm sorry, what on earth are you talking about with some getting more? Other than the 1 implementation when there was a EpPx10 orb instead of a GPx10 orb (and yes this was big, but it was also once right when it was first implemented and quickly removed because it wasn't the intended reward, so everyone who was able to enter it in that time period got the same reward), every code has given the exact same reward to every player.

Lol. I deleted what I said five seconds after posting it. I was speculating that the codes sent directly to individuals allowed them to give very different amounts to different people. As soon as I posted I realized that my original thought was not what I wrote.

[ADDED:] What I meant by "these codes in particular" were the ones sent via email, not the ones in the announcements or posted in social media.

Edited by ali-n
Clarify

Il 21/12/2020 in 09:20 , DvDivXXX ha scritto:

No problem. There's no thread for that (and we don't need one), and there isn't a private message feature either. Having said that, messages sent by moderators through warnings are private.

You won't get banned after you receive a certain number of warning points, although there is a loose connection. These points do nothing by themselves, they just serve as an indicator for mods (past, present and future) and for each user (other users can't see your warning points either). One warning point is the default, although we can adjust it as we issue a warning.

In theory, past 3 strikes a user starts getting suspended or banned if they keep their problematic behavior. In practice, the context and the moderator's assessment of the situation matter a lot more than the number of points. Some accounts accumulated well over a dozen warning points without getting banned, others are banned straight away from zero points (obvious fake accounts made to spam, typically).

Don't worry, be happy. You're not on our top priority watch list or whatever because of that one mistake. ^^

However, I want to say to be careful to give these warning points since they are seen by other mods that maybe don't know when the warning is done.

In the specific case it wasn't reported anywhere that the code wasn't to be spread like any other, so no violation was made to a rule for which it was necessary, I quote, "read the thread before posting" since it wasn't written in the thread before of the @DvDivXXX post, so the posts with the code, if they mustn't published, had to be just removed without leaving "stains" in anyone's account. Only posts that were eventually made after this public warning were to be sanctioned not those before, no law works retroactively and you can't be careful reading a post that doesn't exist yet.

Beware to this please, with (great) powers of the mod comes (great) responsibilities to everyone.

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

24 minutes ago, Falco82 said:

I quote, "read the thread before posting" since it wasn't written in the thread before of the @DvDivXXX post, so the posts with the code, if they mustn't published, had to be just removed without leaving "stains" in anyone's account.

Hello person who cannot read. It seems you didn't read the earlier parts of the thread before asserting that it wasn't written in the thread. Here's a direct link to a moderator (me) telling people not to post the codes openly on the forum and to instead indicate where they can be found, conveniently post dated for over 5 months ago. Thanks for playing! Try again next time with better reading comprehension!

• Haha 2

@Falco82 What George said, but beyond that, don't fall into the trap of taking the vague and inadequate legal system metaphor (too) seriously. We moderate a hentai game's forum, here; we're neither in a courtroom nor at a police station, and your warning points total is not your criminal record.

I think you either skipped or misread what I've said in a previous post:

On 12/21/2020 at 9:20 AM, DvDivXXX said:

In practice, the context and the moderator's assessment of the situation matter a lot more than the number of points. Some accounts accumulated well over a dozen warning points without getting banned, others are banned straight away from zero points (obvious fake accounts made to spam, typically).

Having one warning point or none matters very little, and definitely nowhere near enough for anyone to worry about it, let alone for you to evoke some pseudo-legal mumbo jumbo to try and convince us that it's unfair.

Last but not least, there's the fact that you don't know how things are behind the scenes, we do. It's understandable that you would imagine how they might work, but you're far off the mark with this:

2 hours ago, Falco82 said:

However, I want to say to be careful to give these warning points since they are seen by other mods that maybe don't know when the warning is done.

It doesn't work like that at all, quite the opposite even. We can read the warning itself, and any post, thread or other warning pertaining to it, even long after they've been removed from the forum as you know it. That's the case whether or not there were warning points attached to the warning (ie the private message sent by a mod to a user). You don't get banned, suspended or warned by machines counting points and applying strict numeric rules. Actual human beings spend a good chunk of their time reading and assessing those things, and moderating in general, you know...

So no. I can sort of see where your concern comes from, but again, you need to chill and realize we're not a spy agency. We're three dudes who play the same game you do, are passionate and knowledgeable about it, and do our best to help out this community and keep this forum nice and clean.

Speaking of which, @adannoes check your profile, you have a message. Please do take the hint.

• Thinking 1

3 ore fa, GeorgeMTO ha scritto:

Hello person who cannot read. It seems you didn't read the earlier parts of the thread before asserting that it wasn't written in the thread. Here's a direct link to a moderator (me) telling people not to post the codes openly on the forum and to instead indicate where they can be found, conveniently post dated for over 5 months ago. Thanks for playing! Try again next time with better reading comprehension!

Hello to you mod that cannot read any page of this thread 🙂 There are tons of direct code posts without links and none of them have received warnings, rather many likes and thanks also from the mods themselves and none of this posts have been deleted, so I repeat, no rule has been violated by anyone, nor by those who were disciplined, nor by those who did the same thing and was thanked.

@DvDivXXXI know and I understand it, what I say is that, being this thread made on purpose to share codes, passing the message "if you share but you have not shared the right code you are penalized and we decide if the code is right or wrong after you have posted it" do not it helps, for that I repeat, either there are very specific rules that must apply to everyone or they don't exist and you decide them from time to time but at that point you are not entitled to warn except in a friendly and public way.

The deletion of the posts was right, the public explanation of why they was deleted was right, the warning to have broken a non-existent rule (since I repeat to @GeorgeMTO, no one are following it) is totally wrong.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Falco82 said:

Hello to you mod that cannot read any page of this thread 🙂 There are tons of direct code posts without links and none of them have received warnings, rather many likes and thanks also from the mods themselves and none of this posts have been deleted, so I repeat, no rule has been violated by anyone, nor by those who were disciplined, nor by those who did the same thing and was thanked.

Is it really that difficult to understand? There are codes that are shared by Kinkoid directly, which are explicitly designed to drive traffic to their social media accounts. Short-circuiting that traffic building effort by reposting the code contents directly outside of their social media isn't wanted, so it's not allowed here, this being another Kinkoid-controlled page. And then there are other codes that are distributed by third-party sites as part of their collaborations with the company. Kinkoid haven't (to my knowledge) made any statement on whether or not these are okay to share, so for the time being they're deemed okay. If Kinkoid ever officially say, "don't torpedo our partners' promotion efforts like that, you have to go to their sites to see the codes", then things will almost certainly change for those codes, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Falco82 said:

either there are very specific rules that must apply to everyone or they don't exist and you decide them from time to time but at that point you are not entitled to warn except in a friendly and public way.

You're entitled to your opinion, but whether you think this or that was right or wrong doesn't make it so. How we moderate and what we allow or don't allow is not up to you, and we've made it clear enough and spent enough time on this particular side topic. That's for the general concept of letting the moderators moderate, and accepting that a mod decision isn't a trial, and you're not a witness at the stand.

As for the codes, I've already clarified at length which type are okay to post (again, until instructed otherwise) and which are not okay to post on the last few pages, and @_shal_'s post above elaborates even more. If anyone is still in doubt after that, then just play it safe and post a link instead of the code itself next time.

We've spent more time than necessary on this. Case closed.

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to Gift Code Posting Thread (HH)
  • holymolly pinned this topic
  • Ravi-Sama featured this topic