• Community Manager

Patch_Notes_HH.png.9a23d6a9fd8d851f92d262fe634a7d9f.png 

Daily Missions

• A new batch of daily missions to explore

Bugfix

• Fixed an issue where the sliding notification showed a wrong contest name 
  • Yen currency cap has been removed

Maintenance

• Today, the 12th of August, all game versions will be closed for a 30-min maintenance 

New Support Team

Kinkoid is proud to announce that we have a new Support Team, dedicated to helping you with any issues and questions you send using the in-game Support button. 

• All players with unanswered tickets will get an automatic reply asking if the reported problem still persists. If you reply to it, the ticket will be handled as soon as possible. If the Support team doesn’t get a reply, the ticket will be closed.

We are constantly trying to improve and give you the best experience possible. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. 

Legendary Contest

• Reminder: to be able to participate in the Legendary Contest event, players need to be active 72 hours before the event starts, have reached level 20 and don’t have rewards from Contests to collect older than 4 days
  • Unlike other events, Legendary Contest will begin at 1:30 pm server time (UTC+2)

• Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Noacc said:

Legendary Contest

• Reminder: to be able to participate in the Legendary Contest event, players need to be active 72 hours before the event starts, have reached level 20 and don’t have rewards from Contests to collect older than 4 days
  • Unlike other events, Legendary Contest will begin at 1:30 pm server time (UTC+2)

Oh my god... Have you not seen the feedback and the performance around these contests!? 
Please drop it for fucks sake, it's a horrible event!

Edit: Maybe it's not an issue of have you seen the feedback, but do you even give a shit?

Edited by Čamuga
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Noacc said:

Maintenance

• Today, the 12th of August, all game versions will be closed for a 30-min maintenance 

On 8/5/2020 at 4:16 PM, Noacc said:

@windia
As soon as I get news about the hour I'll announce it.

Thanks for the warning about maintenance. For those who missed it started at around 10:10 a.m. (UTC+2) and just ended.

1 hour ago, Noacc said:

New Support Team

Kinkoid is proud to announce that we have a new Support Team, dedicated to helping you with any issues and questions you send using the in-game Support button. 

• All players with unanswered tickets will get an automatic reply asking if the reported problem still persists. If you reply to it, the ticket will be handled as soon as possible. If the Support team doesn’t get a reply, the ticket will be closed.

We are constantly trying to improve and give you the best experience possible. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. 

Wow! My ticket made 230 days ago got answered! With a general response of "Is it still an issue?", but hey, at least that's an answer. I cannot wait to get an actual answer!

1 hour ago, Noacc said:

Legendary Contest

So, they will return, huh. I'm sad now.

23 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

Oh my god... Have you not seen the feedback and the performance around these contests!? 
Please drop it for fucks sake, it's a horrible event!

Edit: Maybe it's not an issue of have you seen the feedback, but do you even give a shit?

What feedback are you referring to? Their survey indicates more positive than negatives. Sounds like a perfectly fine event to iterate on to me to become even better.

• Like 2

I did not know that there ever was a Ymen cap limit. Because I did not reach it and did not read about any complaint.

just 

• Yen currency cap is increased to 4.3G (from 232 to 264 )

What is the relation between "264" and 4.3G? Anyone knowing more can enligthen me please?

Maybe, one day they implement the number limits from HC^^

Edited by windia
  • Like 1

Yeah @GeorgeMTO, polls that they create that are heavily slanted in 1 way and arent nearly as detailed as 2-3 threads we had here on the forum, yes, that is an accurate representation of feedback. -.-
As someone on here said before (maybe it was DivDXX or however his name is spelled)- The questions on surveys go from "I like it/I dont care to I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!11!"

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mikcris said:

Legendary Contest

So does this mean that we will have a legendary contest this month from the 19th starting 1:30 pm server time (UTC+2) to the 23rd ending 1:00 pm server time (UTC+2)?

It is now also interesting to know if the LC still ends 30 min before the new round starts?

Because then LC und normal contests would end the exact same 1:00 pm - which increases server lags even more.

If they end 12:30 as before, I don't see the performance win.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

Yeah @GeorgeMTO, polls that they create that are heavily slanted in 1 way and arent nearly as detailed as 2-3 threads we had here on the forum, yes, that is an accurate representation of feedback. -.-
As someone on here said before (maybe it was DivDXX or however his name is spelled)- The questions on surveys go from "I like it/I dont care to I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!11!"

Survey draws from more people than this forum does. The feedback they asked for indicates it is positive. You're welcome to dislike it, but well, you can't say they aren't seeing the feedback when you choose to ignore the feedback they actually asked for.

8 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Survey draws from more people than this forum does. The feedback they asked for indicates it is positive. You're welcome to dislike it, but well, you can't say they aren't seeing the feedback when you choose to ignore the feedback they actually asked for.

They can draw 10 times the amount of people, it wouldnt matter as they're fundamentally innacurate and slanted in the way that the person taking them can almost never disagree with Kinkoid. They are not accurate, period. There's a guy on the forum doing better surveys than KK.

Let me make an example: It's a school-boy trick of Write a note: Do you like me? Yes        I love you" and hands it to a girl, does that now automatically means the girl likes him? 
Come on.

Edited by Čamuga
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

Oh yeah, you mean that heavily biased feedback that's always floating around on a forum, mostly created by a select group of players repeating their point over and over.
Yeah, okay, that sounds like a way better source than a survey that reaches the entire player base, that extends to Nutaku (a player base that's almost unrepresented here).

1 minute ago, Čamuga said:

They can draw 10 times the amount of people, it wouldnt matter as they're fundamentally innacurate and slanted in the way that the person taking them can almost never disagree with Kinkoid. They are not accurate, period. There's a guy on the forum doing better surveys than KK.

Let me make an example: if a school-boy trick of Write a note: Do you like me? Yes        I love you" and hands it to a girl, does that now automatically means the girl likes him? 
Come on.

You can get an impression of the girl likes you, because if she doesn't, she won't reply the note, or just tell you in your face to not do that again, you creep. All you are trying to do is to make your own opinion worth more, because this is a smaller community than the whole player base, and here you can endlessly repeat the same negative feedback and make it look like a lot of people are saying the same thing.

Okay @Chthugha, if my point wasnt clear enough by now, I'll make another example. KK surveys matter as much as North Koreans or the Chinese voting. Is that clear enough?

You know damn well what I meant, and nowhere did I even imply that the forum is the most important and only place for feedback (funnily enough, it seems like it's the place where it's ignored, like that 1 joke in the Simpsons, write a complaint and put it in a box, and then that box has a pipe leading it to a goat in a cage that eats paper.)
And hell, if people are on the forum, that means that they care enough to type out comments, that they're invested enough to have their opinion heard (however dumb or ingenious the opinion is, there's obviously a wide range), that means that they've put in the effort of thinking through what they say (more often than not, obviously that's not the entire forum), maybe, just maybe it could be considered a bit more than 0.000001%. Look at how long it took them to do something about the contest notifications, and we  still  didnt get an option to have them off in the first place btw.
Stop being condescending and actually try to enter a discussion in good faith, just try it.

Also that still doesnt solve the problem of KKs surveys being utterly useless, regardless of the amount of people they reach.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

Okay @Chthugha, if my point wasnt clear enough by now, I'll make another example. KK surveys matter as much as North Koreans or the Chinese voting. Is that clear enough?

I think the point people are trying to impress on you is that with all those limitations, KK's surveys still matter more than your (or anyone else's) forum posts do. Something to think about? Nah, better continue screaming into the abyss, I'm sure the 879th time will be effective.

• Like 1

So new legendary contest..... i'm sad. Even if i'll be able to get the girl again i still think that i don't like it, yes u can play (with a lot of stress) fair against people but then again there are some of u guys that are crazy: i've seen lots of people using way too much kobans to win a contest (like really 5000 k to win 300 and a ticket ?) i can't imagine what is gonna be this time with the new (self-destroying) contests and these people. It's gona be really painful, i can imagine it already in my mind.

59 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

Sorry, but I don't agree with you on them being slanted towards positive rewards. They ask a couple of questions and you can answer "like", 3 in between options, "don't like". That's not slanted. You know what's slanted? Asking only for art feedback on the event you know people will complain about it, like Spy did in his so called great survey. Especially because you ask it on the forum where you know people who agree are the only one even bothering filling in the survey. There is only one question that matters; did you like the contest. All the other questions are unnecessary distractions from the actual point of the survey. That question was in Kinkoid's survey, so that makes the survey sufficient, especially since you could answer that you didn't like it.

1 hour ago, Čamuga said:

You know damn well what I meant, and nowhere did I even imply that the forum is the most important and only place for feedback (funnily enough, it seems like it's the place where it's ignored, like that 1 joke in the Simpsons, write a complaint and put it in a box, and then that box has a pipe leading it to a goat in a cage that eats paper.)

No, I actually don't know what you mean. All you do is ranting, and I have absolutely no idea what it is exactly that you try to portray.

1 hour ago, Čamuga said:

And hell, if people are on the forum, that means that they care enough to type out comments, that they're invested enough to have their opinion heard (however dumb or ingenious the opinion is, there's obviously a wide range), that means that they've put in the effort of thinking through what they say (more often than not, obviously that's not the entire forum), maybe, just maybe it could be considered a bit more than 0.000001%. Look at how long it took them to do something about the contest notifications, and we  still  didnt get an option to have them off in the first place btw.

There are only 2 reasons for people to come to a forum: 1. complain and 2. reporting a bug/asking a question about a game feature they don't understand. The other cases are such a small portion that they can be ignored. People who are happy about LC wouldn't come to the forum to say that, because they are happy with it. Same goes for players neutral about LC. So what do you get in forum threads, the people from the category "didn't like it", and that noise is getting amplified, because there are only so many regular forum goers to give other feedback about it. Was it perfect? Not entirely, no, but things can be improved upon. Like many things have been improved upon over the past 4 years. The fact that you bring up something that they in fact did improve, but change it to "they didn't do it fast enough", says enough about your mentality. You make up your mind about things, and then refuse to change anything. Which is exactly why I don't take the threads of complainers as serious feedback that portray the mind of the people.

1 hour ago, Čamuga said:

Stop being condescending and actually try to enter a discussion in good faith, just try it.

How am I condescending here? You are the one being condescending about perfectly fine surveys. You just didn't like that they didn't ask the question you wanted to see. I actually doubt you know the questions they asked, because like I said earlier, once you made your mind up, you stick with that and don't budge. It's easy to look at others, it's incredibly hard to look at yourself. So let me do it for you; you have exactly two tones on the forum; 1. complaining and 2. snarky with a condescending undertone. Mind you, I never siad you shouldn't be allowed to complain, I just say that you shouldn't take a complain thread as serious feedback for the whole community, because it clearly isn't.

1 hour ago, Čamuga said:

Also that still doesnt solve the problem of KKs surveys being utterly useless, regardless of the amount of people they reach.

Right, because asking if you enjoy getting kobans from missions is useful and not totally irrelevant to what you want to know. Or asking about the art of one event, but not on the other isn't biased. Of course you like such surveys, because they asked about the art on exactly the correct event, so you didn't think further.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

I just tend to fire back in the same way people fire at me, fuckin' sue me. This is not the first time we had such a disagreement and he acted in that way.

@Chthugha Not all I speak about is art, and if you actually read what I was saying in the past you'd know that. Spys surveys are more detailed, and currently not focusing as much on other things as it's a working counter-balance to KKs surveys, I'm pretty sure his survey is the other half thats constantly ignored. Some questions on it are definitely weird/not useful, but at least there's an option to say yes or no. Also his questions are from a players perspective, not from a developers/CMs perspective, if half of important questions are missing, that just means that those are not important to him, so he didn't pose them. A market seller wouldn't ask you what you think about the structure of college/university system. 
All I do is rant, how nice is that, just flat deny 75% of my forum postings while describing me as someone who doesn't put much thought into his posts, because they're all just rants sprung out of some emotion. See what I mean about being condescending?
Yes, I have 2 tones. Because those are the only 2 tones I speak to you with as you've proven yourself to me to be someone that is incapable to speak normally to people, so I have no intention of being charitable to someone that has continuously made efforts to either attack points I havent made, try to sidetrack a discussion or find a way to rudely discredit whatever I'm talking about just because it's not the right tone you want. If you've seen any discussion I've had with any other player, you'll see I have a different tone and am more generous to them, because they don't act the way you do.

Same for not budging. You're not gonna sway any opinion if you just make blanket statements about people and attempt to immediately discredit them in any way you can just so you don't actually have to engage in arguments. I wonder why someone wouldn't budge when they discuss something with someone like that 🤔
I think I'm gonna stop here, don't want to make a wall of text, so have a good day and thanks for immediately disregarding anything I have to say because "muh tone"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, windia said:

What is the relation between "264" and 4.3G? Anyone knowing more can enligthen me please?

I'm pretty sure they meant 2^32 and 2^64, because the number was stored as a binary number. With the change to 64bit the maximum would be 1.8*10^19 Ymen. So there is still a limit, but its hard to reach :D   

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

[...]

There are only 2 reasons for people to come to a forum: 1. complain and 2. reporting a bug/asking a question about a game feature they don't understand. The other cases are such a small portion that they can be ignored. [...]

Which I translate basically into "if the devs want to know what is nice & loved, what is good - they cannot look into their own forum and see what "their" community writes. 

Well, they have to dive deep and read between the lines - no complaint about a feature = could be nice.😶

That is not KK specific, that is just the mere fact about out society in the internet ... 🤔

(in reality there is less then 100 % complaining, just to find it...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caradog said:

*ignores ongoing arguments*

AAMOI, does anyone happen to know if the rebalancing of contest points will also affect the LC contests?

As far as I remember the last LC *looks into wiki* this was the first event with rebalancing:

like same points regardless the villain. Or more points for Epic Pachinko than Great Pachinko. Or leveling/getting a girl.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, krasserficker69 said:

I'm pretty sure they meant 2^32 and 2^64, because the number was stored as a binary number. With the change to 64bit the maximum would be 1.8*10^19 Ymen. So there is still a limit, but its hard to reach :D   

To make everything explicit, they increased the limit from 2^32 (32 bits) to 2^64 (64 bits).  2^32 = 4,294,967,296 which is just shy of 4.3 billion (abbreviated as 4.3G in some countries).  2^64 = 18,466,744,073,709,551,616 or just shy of 18.5 thousand trillions.

The only way to to reach this later limit is to hack the game or hoard ymens for 1,073,741,824 years (assuming that the current limit can be reached in three months). Therefore, there is no practical limit for legitimate gameplay unless human lifespans dramatically increase and humanity either colonizes other planets or ensures that earth remains habitable even as the sun increases in luminosity as it ages.

Any questions?

Edited by Waifulord Sam
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, windia said:

As far as I remember the last LC *looks into wiki* this was the first event with rebalancing:

like same points regardless the villain. Or more points for Epic Pachinko than Great Pachinko. Or leveling/getting a girl.

🤦‍♂️Good point!

In the last messages from @Čamuga and @Chthugha, both sides are partially right (and wrong).  Quick summary of my conclusions before I explain the details:

• The forums are not representative of the opinion of the players.
  • Many Kinkoid surveys are badly designed.  I do not believe in conspiracy theories so I do not think that the surveys are biased on purpose, but the way the questions are structured makes it unnecessarily difficult or sometimes impossible to conclude anything useful.

Regarding the forums, I have not seen any statistics from Kinkoid, but other game companies have published some numbers in the past.  Regardless of the type of game, they usually show that only a small percentage of the players (< 10%) had opened the forums at least once during the last 6 months and an even smaller percentage of the players (< 1%) had ever posted anything during the entire lifetime of the game.  For many games, that last percentage is even lower than 0.1%.  In addition, among those who post to the forums, the distribution is far from uniform and there are always a few players who post much more frequently than the others, and often a few small groups of like-minded individuals who repeat each other's opinions.  As a result, reading the forums could provide a very distorted view of what most players think or want.

The fact that the forums are not representative is even more true for HH because the players from Nutaku do not have access to the forums (the link to the forums is absent from the game menu).  I am not sure about the players from Eroges (now Erogames).

Here are two links that are worth reading because they are relevant in this context: https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-video-game-companies-listen-to-their-customers-more -- Read the answer from Al Nelson, especially his points #3 "The unsolicited player feedback we get represents only .03% of our player base. The few, the loud, the extreme. (...)" and #4 "Players do not tell the truth in forums. (...) Features that the forums hate often increase player counts, sales and average time in game." Read also the last answer from Chris Bast: "(...) It doesn't matter what gamers actually say, it matters what they are willing to spend money on. (...)"  There is also the good old blog post from Jeff Vogel: http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.com/2011/01/three-reasons-creators-should-never.html

Game forums are great for getting the opinion of some players and for collecting some ideas of what could be improved in the game, but usually bad for deciding what should be improved.  These decisions should be based on other sources, such as surveys and statistics about the evolution of player behavior and spending.

Unfortunately, many Kinkoid surveys have been badly designed.  I am not only saying that as a player, but also as a (part-time) data scientist.  These surveys have been victim of several deadly survey sins, such as mixing several unrelated or partially related aspects in a single question, or asking about how the respondents feel about several factors without also asking about their importance.  I do not believe that the surveys have been biased on purpose (or at least I hope so) but they have been badly designed, which means that the responses cannot be used to take meaningful decisions.

As an example of the first "survey sin" (mixing several unrelated aspects in a single question), most HH events have been followed by a survey asking to rate each event girl. However, I can like or dislike a girl because because of her design, her affection scenes, her stats (too weak or too powerful), her story, the fetishes that she represents, etc.  The surveys would be much better if at least some these aspects could be rated separately instead of having only a single rating per girl (or having to sort the girls by order of preference, as happened in some surveys for HH or HC).  For example, if I see that a new girl has some nice combat stats but her poses look really bad, should I answer that I like her and risk getting more bad-looking girls in the future independently of their stats, or should I answer that I dislike her and risk getting even worse drawings but maybe with overpowered stats that ruin the balance of the game?  Or if I love the nicely drawn poses of a girl but I dislike how some affection scenes have been drawn too quickly with a hero that is barely recognizable, should I answer that I like her or not?  Mixing several aspects in a single question can result in the responses being interpreted in exactly the opposite way as the respondents intended.  Note that these two examples were not taken at random: they have been discussed here during previous events, with several suggestions to split the different aspects in the survey.  With questions mixing several aspects, it is very difficult for the developers to know if they should focus their efforts on the drawings or on the balance of the game.

An example of the second "survey sin" is that many questions ask if we like something or not, without asking how important that is for us. Some surveys allow some questions to be skipped, but others require an answer to all questions including those that do not have a "don't care" choice.  For example, the surveys about the Path of Attraction or the Legendary Contests had some parts that I liked or disliked but that I really did not care much about.  Being forced to answer in a positive or negative way means that my answer could inflate the results of a question that is not important for me, and this could cause the developers to think that they have to do something about it.  I would like to be able to say that I did not enjoy the custom background for an event but that I do not want the developers to try and improve it, or to be able to say that I did not find any of the references for the poses or names of some new girls but that it is perfectly fine for me.

Suggestions for the Kinkoid developers (if @Noacc reads this):

• The forums are not representative of the majority of the players, so please do not be distracted and keep on focusing on your own statistics and survey results for taking your decisions. ;)
  • In the surveys, avoid mixing several aspects in a single question.  For example, when asking how much we liked some new girls, include for each girl separate questions about her art/design and her stats (or even better, have four separate questions for each girl about her poses, her affection scenes, her stats and her story/description).  This also applies to the questions about new game features or new types of events: in a multiple-choice question asking to select things that we like or dislike, have separate questions or groups of questions for things related to art/design and things affecting the balance of the game.
  • When asking if we like or dislike something, ask how important this thing is for us (e.g., not important, neutral, important, very important) and use that importance in a weighted average for that feature.  This is especially useful for the questions asking about new features or new types of events: there may be things that I dislike but that are not important for me, and others that I love and that I consider as very important, or vice-versa.  As a minimum fallback solution, always include a "no answer" or "don't care" option for all multiple-choice questions -- Note that this is different from having none of the choices selected by default, because if I click on one of the choices by accident it may not be possible to deselect all choices.

Thanks for reading this long rant. ;)

Edited by UnwrappedGodiva
typos
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

• Noacc unfeatured and unpinned this topic