season feature

mit

2 hours ago, CanSee_The_Pain said:

How am I supposed to win when I am level 356 and the game chooses for me 3 players with level 380-385 ? They have every stat better than mine. If you know some ways to win in this situation - please tell me.

I do. And, you know, I would tell you but it's sort of very much the same approach I have to Leagues. And we don't seem to have the same perspective on that either, so... This probably wouldn't work for you. ^^

Me in this Season as of today.

SEASONS - S001 - Scores 001.png

Me in D3 when I was at your current level...

HH League Story 37 - D3 Top 30 (Rush Tests) B.png

51 minutes ago, Sex&Zen said:

On the top 200 only less than 20% (37/200 at the moment) is under level 400 and only 1 under level 300... Where is the "equity"? Can you explain please? Maybe you have to create some "classes" to let the challenge more playable for all...

There are over 5000 players with level 400+ on the server (probably 4000+ of them active), it's hardly surprising that there are a couple hundred extremely committed veteran players among them who are monopolizing the very top spots right now. Doesn't mean it will be impossible for others to progress far enough to get the girl.

2 hours ago, Redbeard said:

I would not consider myself on the bleeding edge either.  Most of my league mates are also in the 9-10 range.  I think I am 700 something place.  Maybe that is the bleeding edge?  

I would say so, yes. Look at it like this: There are some 3000 players who are competing in Dicktator 3 in the leagues, most of them with a level of 400+. And at least based on my current league bracket I would say that at least half of those 3000 are boosting very rarely or not at all. All those unboosted high-level players must be somewhere in Seasons as well, but probably not at tier 9/10/11 right now, but more likely somewhere in 7/8. It should be relatively easy to ride up to tier 35 with those people by the end of the month. Tier 45 might not be possible that way, but I honestly don't think that should be the goal.

(I'm talking about level 400+ because that's the crowd I'm familiar with. But the same ought to hold true for e.g. players between 350 and 400. At the bleeding edge you'll have a lot of permaboosters, a bit further down you should be finding a large mass of people who are progressing less aggressively.)

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

Given that opponents are selected from +/-25% mojo, that means that at Tier 10 (3000 mojo) you are paired with +/-750 mojo, so people from tiers 6 to13.

At the current moment top 200 players in the leaderboard are at tier 11 or above, so for a player that is not very strong, it is advisable to stay 3-4 tiers below the top 200 players to avoid having to fight them initially. That means that today you shouldn't be over tier 7-8.  Don't be afraid to take losses and even reduce your mojo one or two tiers, there will enough time the last half of the month to gain the mojo needed to reach tier 35 once the top dogs have taken a greater distance from the rest.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jelom said:

Given that opponents are selected from +/-25% mojo, that means that at Tier 10 (3000 mojo) you are paired with +/-750 mojo, so people from tiers 6 to13.

At the current moment top 200 players in the leaderboard are at tier 11 or above, so for a player that is not very strong, it is advisable to stay 3-4 tiers below the top 200 players to avoid having to fight them initially. That means that today you shouldn't be over tier 7-8.  Don't be afraid to take losses and even reduce your mojo one or two tiers, there will enough time the last half of the month to gain the mojo needed to reach tier 35 once the top dogs have taken a greater distance from the rest.

Could this cause a potential issue if those top 200 players park themselves either around Tier 35 after getting the girl? 

1 hour ago, jelom said:

I'm seriously doubting the percentage Kinkoid's dev gave there - if I had a chance to meet opponents that low, I sure wouldn't be offered opponents that are both at least 90% boosted and 90% higher in level than I am. At the very least, if the span is really that large, then opponents closer in mojo are highly prioritized; the opponents I've had since Wednesday that offered less than 14 mojo points can be counted on one hand, even though there must be hundreds/thousands of potential choices lower than that (and still within the level range and within -25% mojo).

Edited by _shal_

2 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

I'm seriously doubting the percentage Kinkoid's dev gave there - if I had a chance to meet opponents that low, I sure wouldn't be offered opponents that are both at least 90% boosted and 90% higher in level than I am. At the very least, if the span is really that large, then opponents closer in mojo are highly prioritized; the opponents I've had since Wednesday that offered less than 14 mojo points can be counted on one hand, even though there must be hundreds/thousands of potential choices lower than that (and still within the level range and within -25% mojo).

That's my impression too. It seems those players closer to you are prioritized, and they go to players at a higher distance in mojo if the pool isn't big enough. For what it's worth, that's a very typical approach to matchmaking and the way Steam, Xbox, Switch and Playstation do it (at least by default, you can configure it as a developer).

The way is simple... Forget the Mojo and pair opponents on a level basis... if you play well and you're strong for your level is right that you can take advantage... is that really difficoult to understand? Level +/- 30 or 40... mojo it's the most usefulless thing of the entire game. With mojo the more you advance the more became impossible to go forward if you're not over level 400 or above...

Edited by Sex&Zen
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Some people are beyond help.

Edit: Just for reference for other people reading along:

image.thumb.png.d8481c69f88e52109e25dd6d85a140e8.png

image.thumb.png.e6bc2ee3a89451639d8923b1c989e930.png

My score consists of 137 wins and zero losses. (With at least 15 close calls by now that I was lucky enough to all win anyway.) Yet the guy who's nearly 200 points ahead of me is complaining that it's all being too hard and he can't advance...

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

I'm seriously doubting the percentage Kinkoid's dev gave there - if I had a chance to meet opponents that low, I sure wouldn't be offered opponents that are both at least 90% boosted and 90% higher in level than I am. At the very least, if the span is really that large, then opponents closer in mojo are highly prioritized; the opponents I've had since Wednesday that offered less than 14 mojo points can be counted on one hand, even though there must be hundreds/thousands of potential choices lower than that (and still within the level range and within -25% mojo). 

Mi numbers are assuming patch notes indications without further refinations in the pairing algorithm, but you are probably right, my impression is that lately I am paired mainly with people of level and power close to me, and as you said, most of the time the lower mojo opponent is 14-16 and sometimes even higher.

21 ore fa, _shal_ ha scritto:

Some people are beyond help.

Edit: Just for reference for other people reading along:

image.thumb.png.d8481c69f88e52109e25dd6d85a140e8.png

image.thumb.png.e6bc2ee3a89451639d8923b1c989e930.png

My score consists of 137 wins and zero losses. (With at least 15 close calls by now that I was lucky enough to all win anyway.) Yet the guy who's nearly 200 points ahead of me is complaining that it's all being too hard and he can't advance...

Shal, I use some Kobans to recover... I'm happy you have a score of 137 - 0, mine it's about 20 to 25 (I don't have the exact number) losses, fighting with not more than 10% of people around my level and for the rest of the time with people aroud 40 to 90 levels above me. I'm not complaining about anything at all, I only suggest to calculate fight on a level related basis, so anyone have (more or less) the same chance to build up his level. As you can see (even from what you say, you have no losses) at the moment higher levels are deeply in advantage, and low levels (as I am) must spend kobans to stay around them... For sure it's a personal choice, but I prefer (if I want) to spend Kobans to gain more kisses and not to clear the bord to have (maybe) beatable opponents...

Edited by Sex&Zen

2 hours ago, Sex&Zen said:

Shal, I use some Kobans to recover... I'm happy you have a score of 137 - 0, mine it's about 20 to 25 (I don't have the exact number) losses, fighting with not more than 10% of people around my level and for the rest of the time with people aroud 40 to 90 levels above me. I'm not complaining about anything at all, I only suggest to calculate fight on a level related basis, so anyone have (more or less) the same chance to build up his level. As you can see (even from what you say, you have no losses) at the moment higher levels are deeply in advantage, and low levels (as I am) must spend kobans to stay around them... For sure it's a personal choice, but I prefer (if I want) to spend Kobans to gain more kisses and not to clear the bord to have (maybe) beatable opponents...

Higher levels have an advantage... while Shal, who is nearly 90 levels above you, has nearly 200 points less than you, how do you explain that? For what is worth, I'm level 447 and my score at the time of his post was similar, only 20 points more than him.
What he's trying to say is that it doesn't make sense to rush. If you rush a lot of course you're going to eventually find unbeatable opponents. Just don't do it, it's a waste of kobans, or at most do it on the last days of the month, not now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sex&Zen said:

As you can see (even from what you say, you have no losses) at the moment higher levels are deeply in advantage

Erm, no, I have (well, had) no losses because I know how to work the PvP mechanics to my favour. The vast majority of the people I've defeated, at least 80%, had better stats than me, often significantly so, even with me on boosters. The only saving grace is that my level range is effectively capped at +30, since there's only a handful of players more than 30 levels up from me.

1 hour ago, Kenrae said:

What he's trying to say is that it doesn't make sense to rush. If you rush a lot of course you're going to eventually find unbeatable opponents. Just don't do it, it's a waste of kobans, or at most do it on the last days of the month, not now.

I'm pretty sure the complaint being raised here isn't even one about actual flaws in the Seasons battle mechanics, but simply one of a wannabe whale who can't whale as hard as he wants to. To wit:

4 hours ago, Sex&Zen said:

low levels (as I am) must spend kobans to stay around them [them = high level players, ed.]

There's no conceivable reason to want to be listed on the top 200 list other than trying to show off one's epeen. This is about nothing but the "problem" that high-level players can whale harder because there are more of them and they can bounce off each other to drive up their mojo scores, same as what used to happen in small mojo bubbles in the arena.

(The claim makes no sense anyway, since those high level players Sex&Zen is chasing are obviously also spending tons of kobans to have mojo totals that are impossible to obtain on natural regen of kisses. Dear whale, that was the whole fucking point of mentioning my lower natural-regen-only score.)

Edit: On a side note, it looks like the first player may be obtaining the Seasons girls before the feature is even a week old; only 500 mojo points remaining for the current "leader".

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, script said:

I would want that when we spend kobans on something it chould always be a benefit now if we get kisses and shit roles we could ge negative mojo and lose allot of progress. I would say to remove negative mojo to make it a little beter

So you are asking for P2W?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1