81 members have voted

1. 1. Rate New Season Girls

• /¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Edia. Meh
    • \____/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Penny. Meh
    • \_____/ Yucky

Wow, so okay.  Even with the HERE HAVE SOME KISSES thing they've done twice recently at the moment I'm on tier 18 and its day 12.  That's exactly a 1:1.5 ratio meaning that by day 30 I should barely make it to tier 45 lol.  Thing is though I have noticed the change of mojo drops.  Sometimes you can find obviously skewed towards your favor opponents that give 23+ mojo when they're levels below you and are weaklings for their level.  Mojo seems to have very little correlation to level now.  When do you come across an unbeatable set you lose maybe less mojo now?  I question it because when its a no win scenario I always hit the one with most mojo so I lose -14 mojo compared to -23+ like I used to when I attacked someone who would only give 17 mojo.

All in all the math is kind of dumb and honestly mojo should have never been used to calculate this.  It should have been simple wins like the arena because losing now not only makes you feel like you wasted time but it leaves a sour taste in your mouth from that loss.  Speaking of losses, whenever you DO lose the next set of opponents seem to all have like 22+ mojo and sometimes a guaranteed person you can beat to try to re-coup some of the mojo, but still.  No one likes to be slapped in the face like that.

One other thing, I'm still pissed about the free XP being murdered by 26% while paying gives you such a good little boost.  Obviously I bought it lol, but I love HH.  Still think its a terrible idea because this sticker collecting game lives and dies by promotion from it's users.  I legit found this game by complete chance because someone was liking it on Sankaku as a comment.  3 days in I was already paying.  But yeah, buying XP implies KK is cashing out and it'll damage their image which lowers trust and confidence from its userbase.

I wouldn´t mind paying 5 euros for an extra girl & a bunch of extra kobans and goodies (to be honest I think it is the first fair bundle I see in a very long time, since I paid 5 euros for 5000 kobans). However, despite being a very tempting offer I won´t pay the deal this time, because I think sparing a girl so that paying real money is the only way to obtain her is a terrible mistake for the game. I won´t be part of it, sorry.

Fortunatly we have this forum to let kinkoid´s team know our opinions: Please don´t do it: you still have time to change it and let people purchase the bonus pass with both kobans or real money. 🙂

• Like 1

So when this Season started, everybody was offered opponents at 100 levels higher, so it was impossible to make any progress. Now the system is (I think) changed. Opponents are randomly chosen at  around some average level   ( call it  L  ).  Initially  L = your level, so you have a reasonable chance of meeting somebody who you can defeat. But as you climb up the tiers,  L  increases.  Eventually you reach the stage where  L  is so high that the weakest opponent you are offered is stronger that you are. So then you cannot  go any further.  Unfortunately (for me at any rate) this glass ceiling is just about the point where the prizes start to become worth while ...

Turing test: do any developers read these threads? If so I urge you to try S of R with a player of level 150 or so & say how you get on ....

10 hours ago, petertavy said:

So when this Season started, everybody was offered opponents at 100 levels higher, so it was impossible to make any progress. Now the system is (I think) changed. Opponents are randomly chosen at  around some average level   ( call it  L  ).  Initially  L = your level, so you have a reasonable chance of meeting somebody who you can defeat. But as you climb up the tiers,  L  increases.  Eventually you reach the stage where  L  is so high that the weakest opponent you are offered is stronger that you are. So then you cannot  go any further.  Unfortunately (for me at any rate) this glass ceiling is just about the point where the prizes start to become worth while ...

Turing test: do any developers read these threads? If so I urge you to try S of R with a player of level 150 or so & say how you get on ....

You're around level 150?

20 hours ago, Pepe Lolo said:

since I paid 5 euros for 5000 kobans

oh my god I would love to pay $5 for 5K kobans, everything gets ridiculously expensive past level 280 or so.  I personally bought the Season pass, but do not agree its a good deal.  Everything is too shoddy and not very well planned like at all.  It feels like we're the testers when its like, but there's a test server, wait what?  But yeah, $5 isn't much but for the goodies + the stress of not knowing if they're going to work out the kinks and if you have to spend kobans at the end to reach tier 45 even though you're diligent feels bad.

I think besides the XP cut of 26% for free players its the stress of this that sucks.  Like, I like the stress when its fun.  This isn't fun.  But that's just my opinion and if I ever hate it I'll just take my money elsewhere to be honest.  I don't like it though, that's for sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, this season is still completely messed up. Enemies are still 20-40 levels above me, and it is impossible to progress any further.
Thanks to PoP, i had quite a lot of golden orbs to get extra boosters, but i've ran out, because this season requires you to be constantly using them. Hell, even with 4 boosters, there is mostly 1 guy out of 3 i can beat. If i have no boosters active, i cant beat anyone (and i have my stats maxed).

Now that I've ran out of boosters, guess I'm stuck at rank 21 forever. Why would I buy the season pass if i cant even reliably get to the last rank before month ends?

Overall my problems with the season pass are:

- Low rewards (reduced exp from free path when compared to old arena)

- Higher difficulty

- Premium path for cold hard cash (it would really not hurt to add koban payment option, but we will see next month i guess)

- Better looking girl locked behind paywall (as always)

- Exp in premium path (in my humble opinion, this should not even be there)

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 1:08 AM, Albert80082 said:

Well, this season is still completely messed up. Enemies are still 20-40 levels above me, and it is impossible to progress any further.
Thanks to PoP, i had quite a lot of golden orbs to get extra boosters, but i've ran out, because this season requires you to be constantly using them. Hell, even with 4 boosters, there is mostly 1 guy out of 3 i can beat. If i have no boosters active, i cant beat anyone (and i have my stats maxed).

Now that I've ran out of boosters, guess I'm stuck at rank 21 forever. Why would I buy the season pass if i cant even reliably get to the last rank before month ends?

Overall my problems with the season pass are:

- Low rewards (reduced exp from free path when compared to old arena)

- Higher difficulty

- Premium path for cold hard cash (it would really not hurt to add koban payment option, but we will see next month i guess)

- Better looking girl locked behind paywall (as always)

I seem to be doing OK without boosters. I'm curious, what is your rank on the leaderboard? As long as I'm in the 8000-9000 range I am usually matched with at least one beatable opponent in the 14 to 25 mojo award range. I am presently at Tier 22. I might not finish everything, but I should be able to complete the girl. I don't worry about getting XP for my girls as I did in the Arena. I always use my top girls and they get leveled to max soon enough. At 1 match per hour (instead of 6) there aren't that many XP to be earned anyway. My guess is your continued boosters let you get too far too fast and your mojo is too high for your level.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DocJD said:

I seem to be doing OK without boosters. I'm curious, what is your rank on the leaderboard? As long as I'm in the 8000-9000 range I am usually matched with at least one beatable opponent in the 14 to 25 mojo award range. I am presently at Tier 22. I might not finish everything, but I should be able to complete the girl. I don't worry about getting XP for my girls as I did in the Arena. I always use my top girls and they get leveled to max soon enough. At 1 match per hour (instead of 6) there aren't that many XP to be earned anyway. My guess is your continued boosters let you get too far too fast and your mojo is too high for your level.

I am currently sitting at Tier 22 (absolutely no change since my last post, without boosters I'm stuck) with leaderboard position 11568. And i play from HH site, not Nutaku. Just to give you example, this is how the matchups look for me:

image.thumb.png.5319b97bb2195cbe50fa663fd86b6340.png

No way in hell I am beating any of these, even though my stats are maxed and I have full rainbow gear. I had to be permanently stuffed with boosters to even get to this point, otherwise i would be probably somewhere at rank 10-12, who knows. It is actually that tragic.

• Thinking 1

On 11/16/2020 at 1:08 AM, Albert80082 said:

Hell, even with 4 boosters, there is mostly 1 guy out of 3 i can beat. If i have no boosters active, i cant beat anyone (and i have my stats maxed).

Yeah, I quickly noticed that Seasons had a ceiling that the top players keep pushing slowly.  Everyone below can then move up the moment they move up.  If you boost you'll just end up going higher to meet whales or people just way higher above you.  If you manage to stay within your "rank" its far easier.  You will lose sometimes yeah, but at least it won't be loss after loss after loss after loss the moment you can't boost anymore.  Unfortunately this has given me even more reason to stay in Dicktator 2 instead of jumping to D3 where I'd have to be using boosters all the time and then I'd really be hating life. 

Also, agreed with premium XP should not be a thing and not be able to be bought for kobans or cash.  (I still bought it, but know it hurts the game overall.)  Please, bring back the old XP and/or tweak the XP gain rates again.

On 11/15/2020 at 6:07 PM, Dr. Lust said:

No stress here.  I just do not let it get to me.  Day 15 in Seasons and 18 tasks done.  I'm probably far behind the cash players, but that's OK.  Farther then I thought I would be. 

I think the cash thing doesn't help much for going up in the seasons rankings.  Mostly what I've used it for is to snipe more contests for 1st place.  Also, I'm lv. 391 at tier 27 right now, but I'm always just below the top players and can't do anything but wait until they rise in mojo.

FWIW, two consecutive sets of opponents on my weak alt I've been testing things with (this is on the main server, don't be mistaken by the player name):

image.thumb.png.f9d5cbf1b8ad7d044764351ae55d0262.png

image.thumb.png.b18c500f50e7e03b3dbe70745041372e.png

Tier 17 and still steady progress with at least one beatable opponent on nearly every update. No boosters, almost no market stats upgrades, no legendary girls, just reasonably current rainbow equipment. Considering I started late on that account and only put in like 8 days worth of season battles so far... We'll see if it's enough to reach tier 35 in the end (I'm not ruling out the possibility that I'll be hitting a hard wall somewhere), but it's looking decent. But even if it's not enough for 35, I'll most likely get close enough that some targeted boosting during the last few days would do the trick. Boosting early in the season is just dumb if you're not swimming with the level 400+ crowd.

Edit: Just for reference of where I'm at with that mojo score:

image.thumb.png.1916df41b3884e8077af179d2163a826.png

Considering how many purely casual players the game has, if ~20,000 players out of the active 60-70,000 end up getting the girl, that's a reasonable result. I bet the number of people who get at least 2 of the 3 villain girls in a classic event isn't much higher (if it's not actually lower, even), and that's a game mode that literally just requires people to show up.

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 2

Oh I am definitely not worried about getting the girl before season ends, rank 35 actually seems reasonable to reach but not 45. Now again back to the point i was stressing, the paid season pass is not worth it with current rewards, too little for 5 bucks. Add to that that you will not reach end unless you're 300+ probably, you will earn even less. I mean right now we have 13 days left and i am not even in the middle, while being active every day.

Since my previous post i did spend my 10 kisses, only to have 5 defeats in a row (always picking the weakest opponent from the bunch) and then i started getting some better choices actually. But this all amounts to nothing since all the losses pushed me back considerably and at the end of the day I am still on the same rank. The current system feels terrible and i hope it gets better next month if they plan to continue with it. Advertising pass as 3000% value of what you would normally get for 5 bucks is already laughable, but the game cannot even promise you that you will get everything in that package.

I am not saying the system is complete garbage, the season itself looks like a nice idea but it still requires a lot of fine tuning and testing. Having a season pass that is not fully completable unless you already played actively for like 6 months (to reach that level 300) is just plain weird. Also I am not sure why using boosters early in the season would be considered 'dumb' especially when nobody really knows how this stupid thing works and from my point of view i had no seemingly better choice. I could either:

a) Spend kobans on rerolls to try and maybe get better opponents

b) Fight unbeatable foes to lower your rank, because why not

c) Do absolutely nothing and waste kisses waiting for opponent stats to change for the better (i believe someone mentioned this mechanic earlier in the thread)

d) Use boosters and try to push through

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

Using boosters just to win more often than your normal stats allow for was already dumb in the arena, so no, I'm pretty sure it wasn't "nobody" who knew that that would not be a good idea in Seasons either.

Not sure why you are comparing seasons to arena in the context of boosters when it was a system working completely differently, and each daily rewards could be obtained even if you lost a lot of rounds, because you did not require so many wins and losing didn't push you back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Albert80082 said:

Not sure why you are comparing seasons to arena in the context of boosters when it was a system working completely differently

I'm talking about the matchmaking principles. But yeah, it's becoming pretty clear that you just didn't think about the mechanics behind Seasons, so it's increasingly hard to feel sympathy for your bad strategic choices. 

4 hours ago, Albert80082 said:

Since my previous post i did spend my 10 kisses, only to have 5 defeats in a row (always picking the weakest opponent from the bunch

If you KNOW you're going to lose, do NOT pick the weakest opponent. Pick the one which promises the most mojo. The mojo you lose will be 40 minus the amount you can gain. If you lose to an opponent which promised +14 mojo for a win, you will lose 26 mojo. If you lose to an opponent which promised 25 mojo for a win, you will lose only 15 mojo. I hope you know how to choose your Alpha and backups to maximize your battle stats. Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

I'm talking about the matchmaking principles. But yeah, it's becoming pretty clear that you just didn't think about the mechanics behind Seasons, so it's increasingly hard to feel sympathy for your bad strategic choices. 

Okay sure, you can write it off like that if you want. Then again i do not need nor want your sympathy or anyone's.  I was simply pointing out that season is pretty bad right now. I guess we will see at the end of the month, whether level 45 can be reached by at my level but i seriously doubt it because of the current pace.

2 minutes ago, DocJD said:

If you KNOW you're going to lose, do NOT pick the weakest opponent. Pick the one which promises the most mojo. The mojo you lose will be 40 minus the amount you can gain. If you lose to an opponent which promised +14 mojo for a win, you will lose 26 mojo. If you lose to an opponent which promised 25 mojo for a win, you will lose only 15 mojo. I hope you know how to choose your Alpha and backups to maximize your battle stats. Good luck.

I already do this, but thanks for mentioning, this is useful info also for others. I go for the weakest only if our stats are very close so there is a chance of victory, but I didn't want to go more into details. My main stat is Charm, and currently i have the best primary and secondary girl available in my harem equipped. I did not have until now enough money to upgrade Filya (one of legendary 5 star charm girls), but with PoP, money gain is nuts, so i hope ill max her soon.

12 hours ago, Albert80082 said:

Also I am not sure why using boosters early in the season would be considered 'dumb' especially when nobody really knows how this stupid thing works and from my point of view i had no seemingly better choice.

Using boosters boosts you to a higher level that you can't handle.  Its dumb because you're just setting yourself up for repeated failure once the boosters wear off.  I knew this from how the game works before, but I verified it in Seasons and its the same thing.  We're all following the lv.400+ players.  Depending on how low of a level you are is how long it'll take for the scraps to go down to you.  Think of Reaganomics from the 1980's with the United States.  Everything right now is set up to be "trickle down economics", but it just doesn't work.  Or they really didn't think about how mojo actually works.

7 hours ago, dd089966 said:

Using boosters boosts you to a higher level that you can't handle.  Its dumb because you're just setting yourself up for repeated failure once the boosters wear off.  I knew this from how the game works before, but I verified it in Seasons and its the same thing.  We're all following the lv.400+ players.  Depending on how low of a level you are is how long it'll take for the scraps to go down to you.  Think of Reaganomics from the 1980's with the United States.  Everything right now is set up to be "trickle down economics", but it just doesn't work.  Or they really didn't think about how mojo actually works.

Ok if this is how it works, I owe an apology to _shal_,  yeah using boosters now seems like a pretty bad idea :D . I admit I did not pay much attention to arena matchmaking, because it was not crucial information to get daily rewards. Now it unfortunately is.

The problem is still the same though,  mojo does not rise fast enough, so not everyone can reach rank 45, not the lower level players at least. I am still around 10 000 in leaderboard, and i will not be able to hit rank 45 (23 currently), at least so far it looks like that. If there really are 60-70k active players and everyone above me in leaderboard manages to hit rank 45, we are talking about 14-17% of playerbase having chance to get the "full value" from season pass. That is pretty bad.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, haripatz@yahoo.de said:

I bought 50 kisses, since then I again get only opponents that I can't beat anymore. This way the money was wastet. Wont buy anything anymore, KK is cheating!! Greedy folks!
This game used to be fun, now it's just to make money. I think, I will leave. I don' like to be cheatet.

I actually went down 2 levels in points, this seasons game is trash.

Bring back the weekly leader board and it's rewards, bring back the arena and restore exp, cash, books, and affection per battle.

• Like 1

I think one of the things that needs a major overhaul is the actual Mojo reward-penalty ratio.

I just fought someone that was one level different from me. I was the higher. I lost. Not too badly. We were close. The offered reward was 15 mojo. The penalty was 25 mojo.

I've also fought someone much higher than myself (yet within the 40 level range) lost, and was inflicted with a high mojo penalty.

Generally, it looks like level difference is the only condition that defines the Mojo penalty and that's wrong. I've seen people far lower than me with much higher stats and losing to them, even closely, shouldn't cost that much Mojo. The penalty should be more like in the Tower where loss ratio is a factor. Also, opponent power, etc, should also be a factor.

Overall, level doesn't dictate power and ability. It can constrain it but it shouldn't be the only or the major factor of what decides an over powered or under powered opponent.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

10 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

Generally, it looks like level difference is the only condition that defines the Mojo penalty and that's wrong. I've seen people far lower than me with much higher stats and losing to them, even closely, shouldn't cost that much Mojo. The penalty should be more like in the Tower where loss ratio is a factor. Also, opponent power, etc, should also be a factor.

The level has nothing to do with the mojo you lose. It depends on your current mojo and your opponent mojo, nothing else. The more mojo a player gives, the less mojo it will cost you to lose, and vice versa.

• Thanks 1