Patch Notes Week #46

Noacc

• Community Manager

Patch_Notes_HH.png.9a23d6a9fd8d851f92d262fe634a7d9f.png

Adventure

• New Quest release: World 14 Quest 6 “Crazy Rabbit”: The challenges continue! 

Content 

• A new set of daily missions

Seasons

• Level requirement changes
    • Lower level players have reached a standstill with matchmaking, where mostly high-level opponents were presented in the Seasons. 
    • We have adjusted the matchmaking system so that lower-level players may find more suitable opponents to fight
  • We are listening to your feedback and we will keep adjusting the event. So don’t be shy: keep sharing!

image1-1-600x286.png

Kisses

• As a token of appreciation, all active players will receive 15 Kisses.

image2-1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New Quest release: Nice!👍

New Daily Missions: I'm curious about them😀

Seasons: Sounds good. We will see the effects in the next days. In the next time we all will collect more impressions to create a reasonable feedback, but one I will say yet: Please make it possible to get the Season Pass by Kobans, not only with real cash.

Kisses: Thanks a lot for them.

• Like 2

New quest: All new story content is good

New daily missions: If possible I would like the images of the daily missions (new and older) all of the same size and a bit bigger, also older missions could have some small retouch to improve them.

Seasons: let's give some time to have feedback. When you stabilize the matchmaking, please tell us the new level values.

Gift 15 Kisses: Thanks.

• Like 2

Hi, the fixed system seems to have switched to the opposite imbalance : opponents are now too weak and might not give enough points to hope being able to finish the season to the max level.

Readjusting inbetween before and after the patch should be perfect.

Unless other players feel different ? Please state you opinion after having used the new system.

Re: Seasons: The level restrictions & mojo changes were a significant improvement - thank you! - however when KK launched Seasons one of the reasons you gave for moving on from the Weekly Rewards was the predominance of veteran players at the top of the rankings (I'd quibble on that point: some of the categories, eg Money Spent, were indubitably dominated by the highest level players but others, eg XP gained, were dominated by newbies) yet a quick glance at the new Seasons leaderboard shows that, far from re-balancing the game away from a small group of very high level players: almost three quarters of the Top 200 players are level 400+ players; only six are below level 300; & none are below level 250.

While I cannot think of an obvious way to remedy this issue - stronger, higher level players will always dominate weaker, lower level players in PvP - it is, in my opinion still worth mentioning. When i started playing this game ~9-and-a-half months ago i relied on the yhems & XP i gained from the Weekly Rewards' categories which heavily favored newbies &, to a lesser extent, once I'd begun to establish myself the kobans i gained from the Stat Upgrades category were also useful. I accept that the Weekly Rewards aren't going to make a comeback (&, given how buggy they were, I also understand why they won't be making a comeback) but it does seem very harsh on new players that a reward system which entailed categories that heavily favored them has been replaced with one which, for the first few months of play at least, they'll struggle to compete in & it self-evidently fails to fulfill your own objective to re-balance the distribution of in-game rewards.

Lastly, on a more positive note: thank you very much for the free Kisses!

• Like 1

New quest: Hell yessssss!!!!! Give me MOAR. The drawings man just at the beginning fo the quest !!! That's art !!!! 

New missions: They are fune to read (and some hot to see) so ok 😁

Season: good for them, i'm at lv 417 so i'm not having any problems. Still i'm not sure if it is possible to end it all with the free fights: i mean well if you win every fight probably yes, but being realistic it will never happen. So we'll see where i can place myself. And the fact that the "premium pass" is not in kobans bothers me quite a bit.

Tokens: Thank you but i think i didn't work well. i had the 15 kisses, but i went to sleep with 0. So if you added me 15 kisses i should have had at least 20 or smt like that. But still is ok we gained 5 so i'm happy anyway :)

Side note: i would like to suggest to be able to recruit in the harem the Lupa's and Bunny's "Saints" versions, i would really love that 😉

Edit: For the missions i agree with @jelom a bit bigger image would be great

Edit n2: More kisses to fix the previous one "bug", ok i'm impressed now.......wow!!!!  totally and fully forgiven. Thank you again :P

Edited by Xemnas
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Caradog said:

Re: Seasons: The level restrictions & mojo changes were a significant improvement - thank you! - however when KK launched Seasons one of the reasons you gave for moving on from the Weekly Rewards was the predominance of veteran players at the top of the rankings (I'd quibble on that point: some of the categories, eg Money Spent, were indubitably dominated by the highest level players but others, eg XP gained, were dominated by newbies) yet a quick glance at the new Seasons leaderboard shows that, far from re-balancing the game away from a small group of very high level players: almost three quarters of the Top 200 players are level 400+ players; only six are below level 300; & none are below level 250.

While I cannot think of an obvious way to remedy this issue - stronger, higher level players will always dominate weaker, lower level players in PvP - it is, in my opinion still worth mentioning.

Yeah, you've misinterpreted the purpose of the new "leaderboard". It's a dick-measuring contest, nothing more. Nothing of actual value can be won there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Considering how some people have reached level 45 already and the number of maximum available points for each battle, they've undoubtfully spent lots of kobans in the season. In a perfectly useless way, since they had the entire month left to reach the same point anyway...

Well, I guess they're trying to rank up in total mojo as well. Why not, but I don't think there's any additional reward for this, so it's really like you said :  a dick-measuring contest, or in this case probably more of a wallet-measuring contest ! :P

Edited by JumpingJackFlash

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

Yeah, you've misinterpreted the purpose of the new "leaderboard". It's a dick-measuring contest, nothing more. Nothing of actual value can be won there.

I wasn't suggesting otherwise - apologies if i was unclear on that point - I'm using the new leaderboard as an indicator of progression in Seasons as, though I suspect most if not all players who play the game with at least a modicum of nous will now be able to obtain the girl, I doubt that, in spite of the new level restrictions & increased mojo-range, new, lower-level & possibly mid-level players will be able to clear tier 45 & that, consequently, the higher-level/veteran players whose disproportionately large share of the rewards in the old Weekly Rewards  - an assertion i didn't entirely agree with, but that's beside the point - KK stated was a motivating factor behind the decision to replace them still stand to obtain more rewards from Seasons than many other players (though obtaining rewards from Seasons will no longer come at other players' expense).

23 minutes ago, Caradog said:

I wasn't suggesting otherwise - apologies if i was unclear on that point - I'm using the new leaderboard as an indicator of progression in Seasons as, though I suspect most if not all players who play the game with at least a modicum of nous will now be able to obtain the girl, I doubt that, in spite of the new level restrictions & increased mojo-range, new, lower-level & possibly mid-level players will be able to clear tier 45 & that, consequently, the higher-level/veteran players whose disproportionately large share of the rewards in the old Weekly Rewards  - an assertion i didn't entirely agree with, but that's beside the point - KK stated was a motivating factor behind the decision to replace them still stand to obtain more rewards from Seasons than many other players (though obtaining rewards from Seasons will no longer come at other players' expense).

Obviously the girl(s) at tier 35 is/are the main prize, I don't think the intention was ever that getting all the way to tier 45 should be easy to do for the great majority of players. Anyway, there are over 5000 players at level 400+, so I'm not quite sure why you're trying to use a list of only 200 extremely engaged players to determine how much better high-level players are likely to do compared to mid- and low-level ones. Those top 200 will be getting the girls within 18 or so days and tier 45 within ~23, plenty of time after that for thousands more to get there, and I'm pretty sure that will include a sizable number of non-veterans. And in future seasons it might be easier yet due to the mooted soft resets starting off everybody higher than 1000 mojo.

(Leaving aside that the difference in rewards going from tier 35 to 45 really isn't large to begin with, and that most people who fail to get to 45 will at least be picking up some of that difference anyway.)

Edited by _shal_

16 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

I'm not quite sure why you're trying to use a list of only 200 extremely engaged players to determine how much better high-level players are likely to do compared to mid- and low-level ones.

While a more complete list would be preferable, the new leaderboard is the only evidence available &, given that there are large numbers of highly engaged players who are yet to reach level 400 the fact that they're underrepresented in the top 200 is very telling.

18 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

I don't think the intention was ever that getting all the way to tier 45 should be easy to do for the great majority of players.

Irrespective of whether or not that is, in fact, the case, KK were pretty clear in their press release re: Seasons that a motivating factor behind the decision to move on from Weekly Rewards was a desire to make it easier for new players to catch up with veteran players:-

"Furthermore, the Leaderboard and the Weekly Rewards were implemented when we had fewer players and it was easy for everyone to catch up and get to the top. After four years of HH and three of GH, the gap between the veteran players and the new ones got too big."

So I highlighted the fact that new players are still at a significant disadvantage in Seasons.

30 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Leaving aside that the difference in rewards going from tier 35 to 45 really isn't large to begin with

For low & mid-level players who are playing catch-up the XP rewards at tier 41 are very significant. Lower-level players missing out on them while higher-level players obtain them will only exacerbate the already nigh-on insurmountable divide between lower-level & higher-level players. Additionally, the Kobans at tier 45 are more or less equivalent to the kobans a player would obtain for a top 30 finish in S3.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Caradog said:

given that there are large numbers of highly engaged players who are yet to reach level 400

There are? I doubt it, both relative to the number of highly engaged 400+ players and relative to their respective group sizes (i.e. engaged sub-400's / all sub-400's vs engaged 400+'s / all 400+'s).

But inasmuch as they exist, whether in "large numbers" or otherwise...

the fact that they're underrepresented in the top 200 is very telling.

...have you considered the possibility that it might be because they've had to play catch-up due to the messy first couple of days?

Irrespective of whether or not that is, in fact, the case, KK were pretty clear in their press release re: Seasons that a motivating factor behind the decision to move on from Weekly Rewards was a desire to make it easier for new players to catch up with veteran players:-

"Furthermore, the Leaderboard and the Weekly Rewards were implemented when we had fewer players and it was easy for everyone to catch up and get to the top. After four years of HH and three of GH, the gap between the veteran players and the new ones got too big."

And, what do you think "catching up" means here? All it does is "put lower- and higher-level players on a more or less even footing in competing for the prizes". As far as I can tell, Seasons is doing that, at least after the various quick tweaks they've done.

So I highlighted the fact that new players are still at a significant disadvantage in Seasons.

You've presented no such case yet. At the end of the month it won't matter at all if somebody has reached tier 35/45 as the first player, as the 100th player, or as the 5000th player. All you're doing here is to buy into the dick-measuring narrative that it matters how quickly somebody gets there. Maybe wait until you actually have some facts about lower-level players having failed to obtain the expected rewards rather than engage in wild conjecture based on the flimsiest of evidence?

Edited by _shal_

18 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

engage in wild conjecture based on the flimsiest of evidence?

I've no intention of getting drawn into a slanging match so I'm not going to respond to this. I'm satisfied with my feedback but if you disagree with what I've posted then that's fine -- I'm quite happy to agree to differ.

Thank you for the free kisses but as feedback if you do this again in the future.

I suggest giving a gift code that can be used in settings that expires before the next season starts if you want to give free kisses.

why because people go offline after using their kisses thinking they will slowly gaining them only to find they are maxed already so those players actually miss out on kisses because of it.

1 hour ago, natstar said:

I suggest giving a gift code that can be used in settings that expires before the next season starts if you want to give free kisses

It is a good idea mate but (yes there is a but, sorry) many people don't really visit twitter, facebook that much. For example, usually, in my guild i'm the one who find gift codes (with forum (god bless the people that share where to find codes and codes in the gift codes thread, thank you really from my deepest part of my soul), facebook, twitter) and share them in our guild chat. So i'm not sure that works well.

i mean technically is way better what you are saying, but pratically many players would miss them. So...... uhm...... i don't know about it XD

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

It is a good idea mate but (yes there is a but, sorry) many people don't really visit twitter, facebook that much. For example, usually, in my guild i'm the one who find gift codes (with forum (god bless the people that share where to find codes and codes in the gift codes thread, thank you really from my deepest part of my soul), facebook, twitter) and share them in our guild chat. So i'm not sure that works well.

i mean technically is way better what you are saying, but pratically many players would miss them. So...... uhm...... i don't know about it XD

They just need to tell people about the free code on all their news for once including in game,patch notes,discord,social media,ect and tell people it expires by the end of the season if not claimed.

You then have people in club chat,forums telling anyone that missed on seeing it as well.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JumpingJackFlash said:

Hi, the fixed system seems to have switched to the opposite imbalance : opponents are now too weak and might not give enough points to hope being able to finish the season to the max level.

Readjusting inbetween before and after the patch should be perfect.

Unless other players feel different ? Please state you opinion after having used the new system.

I haven't run into this, post patch seems fine to me.  Maybe lucky tho.

Il y a 8 heures, Caradog a dit :

the decision to move on from Weekly Rewards was a desire to make it easier for new players to catch up with veteran players:-

Additionally,

the Kobans at tier 45 are more or less equivalent to the kobans a player would obtain for a top 30 finish in S3.

Rather than catching up, it offers the possibility to earn rewards not based on ranking nor pure power, since the opponents are supposed to be more or less matched to your own power.

And no kobans should be needed to reach tier 45 unless you lose a lot, or, as I pointed before, you only get small number of points as rewards for each fight due to weak opponents (I admit this point alone might be what distinguishes new players from veterans ones).

As I pointed aready as well, the fact some players have reached tier 45 already is the proof they used kobans, but it was an unnecesary waste since more than half of the current month is left to get to there... You should be able to reach tier 45 by playing daily for free instead. I'm currently at tier 28 without spending any kobans but just once when I was offered only 3 too strong opponents and I was fed off losing 31 points... And that was before the patch. And yes, I lost a handful of times (especially when I didn't notice my boosts had run out of time, and it also happened sometimes with the old arena).

Il y a 7 heures, _shal_ a dit :

And, what do you think "catching up" means here? All it does is "put lower- and higher-level players on a more or less even footing in competing for the prizes". As far as I can tell, Seasons is doing that, at least after the various quick tweaks they've done.

Yes. And I don't think there's any meaning to competing in seasons, apart from wanting to show off in the leaderboard... Unless there's an additional reward I'm not aware of ?

Il y a 2 heures, jpanda a dit :

I haven't run into this, post patch seems fine to me.  Maybe lucky tho.

I've run into this a few times, but it was rare enough to not being a bother.

However, it looks like it was much more frequent to beginners, so the tweaking was probably necessary. At least it seems they don't complain anymore, which is a good thing for them.

But now I encounter too weak opponents with too small rewards too often and it now impairs reaching tier 45 in time. Though I should't have a problem, being past half way in the first third of the month, but it's hard to tell if it would have been as easily possible without the pre-patch points and the free kisses. Next month will tell, I guess.

• Like 1

In the end, I sometimes get 3 choices with poor rewards (like 4, 5 and 6 point) and most of the time I get much better choices than before, like 15, 21 and 32 points. It looks completely random and I can get up to 35 points, most of the time on easy targets (which is quite puzzling), while the same target may apeear later with completely different reward values (and sometimes the most difficult targets may not be the most rewarding !)

At this stage, I've stopped thinking, as can't understand the logic behind... :P

Since there usually are easy targets rewarding from 19 to 35 points , I can't complain, as now I'm progressing even faster than before. I don't know if that's what was planned, though.

typos

8 hours ago, JumpingJackFlash said:

In the end, I sometimes get 3 choices with poor rewards (like 4, 5 and 6 point) and most of the time I get much better choices than before, like 15, 21 and 32 points. It looks completely random and I can get up to 35 points, most of the time on easy targets (which is quite puzzling), while the same target may apeear later with completely different reward values (and sometimes the most difficult targets may not be the most rewarding !)

At this stage, I've stopped thinking, as can't understand the logic behind... :P

Since there usually are easy targets rewarding from 19 to 35 points , I can't complain, as now I'm progressing even faster than before. I don't know if that's what was planned, though.

It depends on what the other players are doing... the mojo you win depends on your mojo and the other player mojo. If a player gives big rewards it means he has more mojo than you, the level doesn't matter here. So, if a lower level player is climbing the mojo ladder using lots of kobans it will be a blessing to find him amongst your rivals.

• Like 1

Yes, you're right, I really have to revise my previous opinion. Now I'm getting close to the top stages, it really starts to become harder.

I mean, theer are still some easy targets available, but for very few points. And the serious opponents giving more points tend to win much more often, so I'm currently a bit stalling, or actually, progressing much slower now.

Anyway, the point is, there's still almost half of the month available to reach level 45, so it's no big deal.