Club Champions

Fenix25

Shouldn't impression percentage be shown how much over the total required impression instead of the progress? So if the champion requires 200M impression and current progress is 100M, it should show 5% instead of 10% when you have impressed with 10M. In this way, your percentage wouldn't decrease over time as if you are battling with other participants. Club champion should be about teamwork, not battles among friends.

• Thanks 1

Can it be that a club champion gives no flowers?

I had 99 shards on the Chad girl.

went ahead to finish with a range of 1-45.

Got only 1 shard. 

While this is "in range" - it still sounds strange. 

So my question is - did anyone oberserve an "oversharding" = getting more then 100 shards = getting flowers while obtaining the club champion girl?

1 minute ago, windia said:

Can it be that a club champion gives no flowers?

I had 99 shards on the Chad girl.

went ahead to finish with a range of 1-45.

Got only 1 shard. 

While this is "in range" - it still sounds strange. 

So my question is - did anyone oberserve an "oversharding" = getting more then 100 shards = getting flowers while obtaining the club champion girl?

I did get flowers for shards over 100. 

• Thanks 4

I am wondering how other clubs are handling the club champions. With mine, some of us has already gotten the girl but we are still willing to help others with large number of challenges. However, the participation has dropped off significantly compared to a week ago. Timers expired without shard drop for the last few rounds. Do other clubs have a better solution so the helpers do not help in vain?

Edited by Methos2

Words cannot express how much i hate this club thing. I have spent over 800 tickets and 2000 kobans over the month trying to get this girl and I'm now at 85 attraction points. it is impossible to do if your club is too low level and inactive. I think we only beat the Club champions 5 times since its started.

• Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

I worry about the club dynamics as well. In my club we have a large range of levels 161 - 458. Most of the heavy hitters who have dropped the girl continue to participate but at a lower level. A few have stopped participating. It is getting really tight to complete the champ. If one or two more drop out it will not be possible without heavy koban use.

Personally I am right on the cusp. I have 94 on Kumiko. I am not sure when Chad started but if he rotates out at the next reset (end Feb) I will probably be short.

I am hoping KK will tweak CC like they did Seasons. Losing 100% after 24 hours seems harsh. Across all the members that is 400-600 tickets and usually around 1000 kobans.

I would like to see the decay reduced from 100% to 30% and I would like to see the post drop reward scale with contribution, i.e. one reward for each 5%.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Methos2 said:

I am wondering how other clubs are handling the club champions. With mine, some of us has already gotten the girl but we are still willing to help others with large number of challenges. However, the participation has dropped off significantly compared to a week ago. Timers expired without shard drop for the last few rounds. Do other clubs have a better solution so the helpers do not help in vain?

Carnal Knights looks at the club champions as a group activity. We have a 78% participation rate and I am strong enough to assure victory when the club goes after the Champion and I am present. The clubs unofficial rule is don't go after him three days a week so we can keep doing the regular champions and collect tickets to trounce the champ four days a week.

Edited by Pelinor
  • Like 2

Not sure if more info has come out that I've missed or if this is the best place to ask but worth a try.

Any more info on when the Club Champs will rotate?

And, if not, what happens if we're going through a challenge when they do? (since we have no idea when they will).

23 minutes ago, Ol Sheriff Joe said:

They'll change tomorrow, as we'll be the first of the month. And i have no idea of what will happen if the current Champ is already engaged

Is that a certainty, seeing that we got Chad later than the 1st of the month.
I have seen no official statement anywhere, so if this is true, could you post a screenshot of it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ol Sheriff Joe said:

They'll change tomorrow, as we'll be the first of the month. And i have no idea of what will happen if the current Champ is already engaged

My guess is the CC timer is overridden by the event timer, like the ToF timer is overridden at the end of each week. That premise is how my club is playing it (just to be safe).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

My guess is the CC timer is overridden by the event timer, like the ToF timer is overridden at the end of each week. That premise is how my club is playing it (just to be safe).

ToF does finish the countdown like Season, PoA. If club champion doesn't, there will be a lot of pissed off players.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Methos2 said:

ToF does finish the countdown like Season, PoA. If club champion doesn't, there will be a lot of pissed off players.

I was speaking about the internal timer showing when a player can make a challenge

image.png.fbb1252feb7cd48c83c1fc97d430180b.png

This timer is reset when a new week begins no matter what the timer says at the time.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Methos2 said:

It's a difficult balancing act and based upon each club's structure (player level ranges, total member count, participation rate & other variables) your mileage may vary.

We have a wide spread of levels among active participants (~165-433) with only a few members at the extremes & the majority of us clustered ~360 +/-20.  We have a fair number of low-level inactives which help us by bringing our Club Champion to level 143 currently (we've upgraded him 1 Tier, so whatever tier he started at (T0->T1 or T1->T2) he's +10 levels higher due to wins).

We communicate actively via in-game chat as soon as we defeat the champ & again prior to starting the next fight to make sure we're ready & on the same page.  With the exception of a few contest-related events, we wait for normal cooldown yet begin a new round immediately in order to maximize the total number of fights/month.

We've learned that active participation is critical and strongly encourage/ask all available members to participate at least once/fight- this benefits EVERY participant committed to hit for ~5-6% Impression (minimum) by increasing shard ranges by at least a point or two (more for leaders).  Thus far, we've been fortunate enough to have several heavy-hitters that can assure completion no matter what so we have a "safety net."  From the start, our goal has been to finish what we start so that no player wastes resources, period.  It remains to be seen how sustainable that will be over time.

Participation in terms of members cannot drop off for the club to be successful.  Participation in terms of damage dealt can and should drop off to a certain degree, with players who have won the girl slowing their pace to allow those still fighting for girls to gradually do a bit more to maintain/increase shard ranges.

With our current mix, we have seen that having one or two players consistently "carrying" the club in any given fight:

1. Is a significant and unsustainable resource drain
  2. Is de-motivational for players who have won girls compared to the single affection reward subsequently offered them
  3. Detracts from potential rewards for players still in the hunt (though RNG is a fickle beast!)
  4. Has zero impact on players "stuck" in the minimum x1-3 shard ranges

Our "heavy hitters" with girls either start a fight off strong (leaving an achievable amount of impression left for the rest of the club based on past performance) or start at a minimal pace while being prepared to launch multi-fights towards the end (in our case, if we hit the 22-hour mark, we're not messing around anymore).  This all depends upon players' schedules, time zones, etc. and is discussed before & during each fight.

If/when our level gaps tighten enough that the majority of us can perform similar numbers of fights with correspondingly close Impression damage, our strategy will likely change to a more balanced approach.  Hopefully this will make drops & spent resources more fair & equitable among us all.

TL;DR

Communication is key.

The more fights we can do per monthly rotation, the better the risk-reward for all participants.

All member should perform at least once in every fight for the sake of the club.

The more balanced our Impression damage is, the more fair & equitable our individual chances for (shard) rewards.

The more of us fighting for shards, the less likely for anyone to "drop out."

Better to give players a chance to regroup & acquire resources than to start a fight that might be lost.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Hastur said:

Communication is key.

Very true. The club I am in is very similar to yours in terms of levels. The big difference is communication. There are only a handful of us talkers in my club. So, there is not enough coordination. We don't know what the quiet members are going to do and what they need.

10 minutes ago, Methos2 said:

Very true. The club I am in is very similar to yours in terms of levels. The big difference is communication. There are only a handful of us talkers in my club. So, there is not enough coordination. We don't know what the quiet members are going to do and what they need.

We're breaking the ice with newer members (I'm clearly at no loss for words!) so it's still sometimes a guessing game.  But to have a near-silent chat makes your task almost impossible.  I truly hope that can change soon for you & everyone else that's in the same position.  Meanwhile, you can neither help nor fix that which you know nothing about- they've got to speak up if it's important to them.

EDIT: I think a side-effect of Club Champions will unfortunately involve the shake-up or merger of many clubs, separating the truly casual players from the more serious ones. It already seems to be happening and will probably escalate.  At least many clubs (mine included) are becoming more proactive in recruitment to bring good players into the fold.  Anyone that feels "stuck" should be sure to check out the many current Club Promotions if they haven't already done so.  Most are willing to expand or do some housekeeping if needed.  It's a bit sad, but change is sometimes required for growth.  😉

Edited by Hastur
additional info
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Zamio said:

My club's champ wasn't engaged.....

and New champ/New girl appeared this morning

1195314920_ScreenShot2021-03-01at10_29_37AM.png.e88237514407aa943e008f87bc731ceb.png

Just for reference.. we have our champ on cooldown and a new rotation is being show for him.

Not sure if that means that he didn't rotate or if he is going to be rotated still, when the cooldown ends 🤔🤨

51 minutes ago, Karyia said:

Just for reference.. we have our champ on cooldown and a new rotation is being show for him.

Not sure if that means that he didn't rotate or if he is going to be rotated still, when the cooldown ends 🤔🤨

Did the cooldown start before 0.01 CET? If yes, that could be the reason it's still showing Chad?