New Mythic Books and Gift Increases Price of EXP/Affection + Decreases Market Slots for Cash Items

Fiel

Not one person here has said anything bad about what they added (that they failed basic arithmetic is stupid, but not necessarily bad) so it isn't the concept of mythic items that people dislike, rather what was taken away to put them into the game, namely that they made the store crappy and restocking a waste.

As far as what people have suggested to fix the issue, there's a simpler and more productive way to get kinkoid to fix the problem. Stop giving them money. Patreons cancel and people that pay through the store stop buying packages, cards, kobans, etc.

Businesses care a little about complaints, but they care A LOT about the bottom line. So all you f2p folks, the only way you matter is if a lot of paid players join you.

If kinkoid sees enough and they see it quickly, they'll want to resolve it fast and the fastest way to do it is restoration.

• Like 4

In generall i really don't mind the mythic book's and gift's. But what i don't get is: why not give the option to buy with ymen or kobans (like with the upgrade of the girls) or remove them in a seperate section so they don't take away slots from ymen stuff. Usually I'm someone who accepts new patches and copes with them. But to take away basic items and slowing the progress in game that much is not fun at all. I have my platinum card, the season pass and i surely buy bundles, but i'm not willing to spend kobans if i can buy epic and legendaryitems with ymen.

Edited by Elster
  • Like 4

Money talks and BS walks. All I can do is not spend another penny in protest. Cancelled auto-renew on monthly card. Today is level your girls day and normally I might spend 1k koban's reloading the market. Didn't do it once. Leveled up 130k+ but only got to girl 89 of 500. Not going to burn through everything I have to try and level all my girls 1-6 levels. Not doing the season bottom half thingy either next month. I figure if I can pay to perma-host a Valheim server I can afford some monthly expenses here. But this latest change makes it not worth it. Just like Classic WoW or any other monthly cost game the devs get greedy and blow it up.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, ali-n said:

Warum nicht eine Option, beim Kauf von Artikeln entweder Koban oder Jemen auszugeben?
Könnte ein einfacher  🔲 Umschalter sein... alle Artikel auf dem Markt werden in Jemen angezeigt <click> alle in Koban-Preisen.

I think this idea is a very good suggestion.

What I would be interested in is how the sales of these new items are that really bring in a lot of money?

the developers really seem to have forgotten that not all people have a lot of money to afford it.

and here are some suggestions already mentioned were that you can implement well.

Edited by Drackomut

6 hours ago, pinja said:

I will bet they won't be available in any type of "f2p" very often (i.e., they may try and pass this off as a net positive since you get 1 of them in some type of event or something)

You mean like making them the reward for Club Champion participants who have the girl? I could live with that even with the Mythic items horrendous game play limitations. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Squirt42 said:

Money talks and BS walks. All I can do is not spend another penny in protest. Cancelled auto-renew on monthly card. Today is level your girls day and normally I might spend 1k koban's reloading the market. Didn't do it once. Leveled up 130k+ but only got to girl 89 of 500. Not going to burn through everything I have to try and level all my girls 1-6 levels. Not doing the season bottom half thingy either next month. I figure if I can pay to perma-host a Valheim server I can afford some monthly expenses here. But this latest change makes it not worth it. Just like Classic WoW or any other monthly cost game the devs get greedy and blow it up.

Agreed. Money talks.  I'm another small paid person who has now canceled their auto-renewal.  It was supposed to renew in 6 days too.

I honestly don't care that they added the items to the game, it's a logical progression from the other things we've seen since the sale.  While I think it's sad they went the koban route it's not unexpected. 

However, I completely and utterly *DISPISE* the fact that they blocked the market money slots with Koban items.  I don't believe they're stupid, so I have to believe that was an intentional test just to see how much pushback there would be.  I currently have 5 reds blocking my affection items:

image.png.96da31adecd77b324d244a4cc42ab651.png

I honestly have to wonder if they may be trying to push people to the newer game for a "fresh" start. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Absolutely nobody likes this.

That kind of unanimity is quite an achievement, I give them that. Not easy to accomplish.

Yeah.. there are obviously a lot of things that (well let´s call it) went wrong with mythic items but I suppose we can all can say that the ONE THING that definitely NEEDS to change is the fact that they block other market spots! That´s probably the worst thing about them..if KK doesn´t want to offer them for yemen..fine but put them into a separate "Mythic Market Section" or whatever ... I mean  beginners, veterans, whales, all of the community..I can´t even imagine that there´s a single person (except from KK obviously:P) that´s happy about the implementation of mythic items in that way :/ ..

• Like 14

It's pretty much of a system that could be good, but was implemented in a way that made it worse for others(directly), which is the problem. People would be okay with it having its own slows and people buying it, even though of course having easier access to levels favors paying customers, but that doesn't directly negatively affect non buyers. (It will eventually affect them in tournaments and contests, but that is indirect relative to blocking off the option of buying lower tier books)

• Like 1

Here is my suggestion:

Split out Mythic items into a separate market that specializes in Koban-only purchases (Grand Market if you will).  You already have boosters selling that way so they could be sent to the new market as well.  That way players still have an option to spend their ymens in the original market but can still get Mythic items if they feel like spending some kobans in the new market.

Then in the future if (when) they introduce Mythic equipment, they can just go straight to the new market without affecting the old one.

(Sorry if someone already suggested this and I missed it)

• Like 6

@Omnimundo makes a great point.  I have been buying the plat card because of the market refresh perk. Done with all that.

I'm tired of cringing every time there's a release note: "Oh-oh, NOW what?"  We take for granted that market refreshes are how we keep our girls topped off.  I find that strange.  We have arrived at the same work-around to the problem that there's no way to do so by playing diligently.  There's no way to grind XP and Aff items, we accept this, and we spend kobans to deal with the lack of game balance.  The other way to gain some XP and Aff items in meaningful quantities is via GP single spins.  The cost per item (and Aff items are HEAVILY biased for) becomes horrendous, but it's viable, it bleeds off cash for those with billions, and it feeds at least two contests.  I can't really count the mid- to late-game villains' drops because those aren't grindable except through combativity refreshes.  The game simply does not natively feature a way for us to top off the girls, except for the market work-around... which has now been torpedoed.  Perhaps that was the idea: to force us to the GP singles and stop dropping billions into "donate" contests.  

A further suggestion (the above is mostly rumination): the Mythic XP items should NOT be to player level because this strongly favors higher level players.  If the Mythic items were either cheaper in kobans or available in ymen, and available outside the market, I'd probably be okay.  Make them analogous to (i.e. a slightly better deal in cost per XP or Aff) to Legendary items, make them scarce, and let me decide.  Maybe the right play for me is to obtain some as I get new Legendary girls.  One and done, save the Legendary XP items to catch up other girls.  Maybe a lower-level player targets different items because they're closer to his or her maximum.

And it's easy.  Just add a tab to the Market and have one seller selling 8 random, mixed Mythic items.  That helps to create scarcity to offset the "slightly better deal" that I'm proposing and it removes them from work-around play.

However, if the intent of this ...feature is to force us into GP single spins, then fix the effing drop rate.  It is utterly Quixotic to try to keep girls leveled from GP single spins.  I tried this for months before capitulating and buying plat cards.  Not possible.

And thanks, @Fielfor keeping a level head and tabulating our rants into something presentable.  You're doing Yeoman's work!

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, throwawayac said:

Then in the future if (when) they introduce Mythic equipment, they can just go straight to the new market without affecting the old one.

NONONONONONONONO, JUST NO! Please, don't say that, they could be listening. That would be much worse than the problem we have now with Mythic Items.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kenrae said:

NONONONONONONONO, JUST NO! Please, don't say that, they could be listening. That would be much worse than the problem we have now with Mythic Items.

My guess is that they've already thought of it.  Maybe the current Mythic items are a test run for the future.  At least with a separate market we could keep the koban-only items from taking up slots from the ymen items.

20 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Yeah just shhh 🤐🤫... for a moment I thought of using my newly "members" powers to "clear" the forum of such suggestion before they become more than just a nightsmare :P

(jk obviously :P)

• Haha 2

4 ore fa, Peaches ha scritto:

Businesses care a little about complaints, but they care A LOT about the bottom line. So all you f2p folks, the only way you matter is if a lot of paid players join you.

If kinkoid sees enough and they see it quickly, they'll want to resolve it fast and the fastest way to do it is restoration.

Not entirely true, thankfully. In a world of shares and opinions, nurturing a good f2p base is the core of an activity. P2P players are here as there are other happy players and the activity doesn't totally sound like a waste ("community perception benefit").

Would you play a community game that 10k people online told you is crap? With just 10 other people? How much money will you spend for such game? How can you drag in sponsors?

There's also a lot of other commercial concepts I'll spare you to invalidate boycott as a good marketing opposition, due the cash flow and free access of the platform.

Opinions matters and submerging them with tickets is probably better.

• Like 5

There's been a lot of changes I didn't like in the past, but this is the first time I felt I had to make a post on the forums to say something. 

I'm not a strictly free to play guy.  I get seasonal pass sometimes, and have purchased Kobans with real money on occasion to afford certain events.  I'm not a FTP purist, but this is just bad for game, simple as that.

Currently, there is a heavy imbalance between Yemen and Koban generation.  My harem generates almost $5 mil yemen at max capacity, but I don't click it because the 12 kobans are more valuable.  Without even trying to farm money, from just playing the game as intended, I'm in the billions of Yemen currently.

As the original post points out, the new system is actually dramatically worse for Koban economy, but that's not the only problem.  It also makes it harder to spend Yemen, which makes us care about that currency even less.  It also means that when i buy books and gifts, i have to purchase very carefully to avoid disaster, which can be tough as the store often glitches.  Before the store glitch was just annoying, but now it could fuck me out of days worth of Koban earnings.  So not only does it make buying with yemen slower (less available per refresh), it also makes it painful and risky.

In short, this really is the worst change I've seen in almost 2 years of participation.  It's a shame too because I think this could have been an amazing thing if it had been done with yemen cost, even if that yemen cost was higher per xp than yellow and purple items. 

I'm all for trying to get people to buy more kobans, but don't do it in a way that makes the game painful to play!

• Like 9

Not shocking to see it cost koban to purchase. I already anticipate it long time ago....

Any features they add in the future is probably gonna cost koban too.. as long as it was convenience for the player...

Can confirm😅 This update has awoken even the silent players in our Guild.

People who were previously happily being silent in the chat and just lurking, they have voiced their opinions in our chat, and it's unanimous.

3 hours ago, holymolly said:
3 hours ago, Kenrae said:
3 hours ago, Squirt42 said:

My club really doesn't like this either.

Absolutely nobody likes this.

That kind of unanimity is quite an achievement, I give them that. Not easy to accomplish.

I mean  beginners, veterans, whales, all of the community..I can´t even imagine that there´s a single person  that´s happy about the implementation of mythic items in that way :/ ..

Edited by Fiel
  • Like 3