Main menù "Logout" not showing

Observer_X

Since the introduction of the new Side Quests feature, I have this weird (and a little uncomfortable) view of the main menu:

immagine.thumb.png.8b4bb12dec2f16b08a3fe0a94719f015.png

I can select the "Logout" option just by a few pixels. Maybe it is not the worst problem the game has, but in the long run IMHO becomes annoying. Anyone else with this problem?

Note: browser zoom is at 100%, and system and browser font sizes are at their default values. I had occasion to try on another PC with different system, but I had the same results.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kenrae said:

It doesn't happen to me... do you have maybe a big toolbar with many hypelinks in your browser? 🤔

I normally keep the standard Firefox bookmarks toolbar, but even if I try to remove it, the game screen automatically resizes and in the end it offers the same view.

In truth, I may be wrong, but it is not the first time that comes to me the thought that the game routines for the detection of the device type and the screen size/resolution are quite weak and should be deeply revised keeping an eye to both old and new devices. I hope that sooner or later the devs have some time for this.

@Observer_X

I had that issue for a few days after Side Quests were introduced in HH, as they added a line to the list and made the bottom of the menu got out of screen. I no longer experience this issue (including on FireFox) now, as I'm pretty sure that the font and/or size of the list was reduced since then to make it all fit. It should be the same for you, but if I remember correctly, you have to use an older version of FF on your current setup, so maybe this explains why.

I have a workaround that always worked for me while I had the issue, though. Just reduce the browser to windowed mode. I know it sounds counterintuitive, but it actually should make the game window shrink a ton relatively to your browser's window, including the menu list, which should now appear in full.

Edit, here I made a collage of screenshots just for you (that's all on FireFox, although it's likely not the same version as yours, but hopefully it still should have a similar result):

Menu Logout Issue Fix.png

I hope this helps. Cheers, friend.

• Like 1

I would gladly use Chrome... it seems that the graphics bug that I had a bit of time ago on Chrome was fixed, unluckily only to be replaced by another: since the new login screen was introduced, I am unable to log in the game under Chrome. I sent a ticket to the support about this bug and they suggested to reduce the font size, but that try was unsuccessful to resolve the problem.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, windia said:

Window mode is by pressing F11?

No, F11 makes FireFox go "full screen". Windowed mode is just when you click on the middle icon in the top-right corner (so that the browser doesn't extend to cover most of the screen, but instead just becomes a regular window on your Desktop.

2 hours ago, Observer_X said:

Chrome...

Okay, but what about your issue on FireFox? Have you tried my trick? Did it work?

I use Opera and have the same problem.  And going to fullscreen (f11) doesn't help, since the graphics scale.  Changing screen zoom is the only workaround that works for me.

Correction: I use Firefox for this game.  It's early in the morning, and I haven't had any coffee and can't keep my browsers straight.

But @DvDivXXX-- I did try windowed mode.  Didn't work.  The graphics scale to fit the smaller window.

Edited by EdMuse
Incorrect info
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Okay, but what about your issue on FireFox? Have you tried my trick? Did it work?

I tried. Some screenshot with my full screen to show differences. Main, usual view:

Immagine.thumb.JPG.e81077b7804a39ff86f6b80c791b0edb.JPG

It occurs only now to me that unwillingly I may have given wrong information (my apologies if this is the case): the screenshot in my original post was not in fullscreen mode (F11), I simply cut manually the system and browser parts. I usually play the game as in the screenshot above. I effectively tried to use fullscreen mode, and the menu is fully visible, but my problem is that (for a number of reasons that I will not go into explaining here, and which can be summarized in two words: practicality and comfort, obviously of yours truly) I can't keep the browser in fullscreen mode. For the try we were talking about, I tried to resize the window horizontally, and in the following screenshots I show the minimum and maximum window size where the "Logout" option is fully visible:

1326641173_Immagine2.thumb.JPG.50204e70e0882e6b0426dd741c76dfca.JPG849316706_Immagine3.thumb.JPG.01f23798a01496d15cb9c2d7fc361616.JPG
The thing that made me look like this 😲 is what happened while I was looking for the above screenshot and resized the screen under the aforementioned minimum:

97063377_Immagine4.thumb.JPG.275cd242bd74d70b14a7b4b477b6acba.JPG1366228907_Immagine5.thumb.JPG.22280efc9bbc30ae1897c45340a6f303.JPG

Regarding the solution, I don't wish to appear ungrateful (on the contrary, I am much grateful for all the suggestions you guys tried to give to help, no joking here) but on one side I have a nearly hidden menu option which is necessary to "target" correctly to select, and on the other side a window resize to alter the size of the menu and have the option easy selectable: in my book, in both cases, as small as it is, a little waste of time, the same one I was referring when I said "in the long run it becomes annoying" in the first post.

About the last two screenshots, free to disagree with me, but when a game starts to behave like this simply by resizing the browser window in one way rather than another, IMHO something is wrong.
Note that I had the occasion to do the same try on another system (the portable PC that sometimes I can borrow for short periods, much more new than my house system) and on that I am able to login on Chrome: I did the same tries and could have made five identical screenshots as the ones above. So this doesn't seem to be dependant on system or browser type. I don't want to sound idiotic, but I don't get it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

About the last two screenshots, free to disagree with me, but when a game starts to behave like this simply by resizing the browser window in one way rather than another, IMHO something is wrong.

It's called a responsive web, it tries to react to different sizes and it's fairly normal. At some point it believes it's on a tablet, at least that's my guess.
Of course I've seen better implementations of that idea, but it's not that weird.

• Like 1

Yes, the game has two main interface modes: One for big screens (PC) and other for small ones (Phone and tablet) under 800 pixels in horizontal, you can simulate the latter by resizing your browser until his width is below the threshold. The size of the window elements and their disposition is different.

8 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

It's called a responsive web, it tries to react to different sizes and it's fairly normal. At some point it believes it's on a tablet, at least that's my guess.
Of course I've seen better implementations of that idea, but it's not that weird.

I suppose that this is one of the sides where yours truly being an ex informatic comes to have an heavier weight. After my quitting from the sector, I had scarce occasions to update my knowledge in the field, and in school times practically I only had a smattering of nets (obvously intended as above the common knowledge). So no great surprise that as far as I am able to remember, I never heard of responsive web. About the quality of the implementation, as far as I am able to judge, I fully agree with you. As I partially mentioned in a post above, IMHO it would have been much better if the game did some sort of device and graphics identification, and then resized the game elements accordingly until the device where the user is logged in is perceived as different from the last one (obviously that would imply no logins on multiple devices at the same time).

@Observer_X To sum up your post and screenshots: my suggestion to switch to windowed mode did work the same on your computer as mine, so that was a usable workaround while it lasted. However, Kinkoid opted to break the long menu list into multiple columns as of today's patch, so it doesn't matter much now. ^^ (I imagine many other players had the same issue, since the patch notes even specifically mention the Logout option). I hope the new layout gives you easy access to the Logout option too. Cheers.

Absolutely yes:

1487302129_Immagine6.thumb.JPG.0b4f268fc977fd15e98196de6c8e3151.JPG

Thanks to the devs for solving this problem (well, at least for the next four menu options 😋). When I logged in today and read the patch notes, I have to admit I had a laugh. Nonetheless, I hope this thread had his usefulness. Thanks again to all of you guys for trying to help. I suppose we are done here 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1