Season Pass XP Rewards - Anyone Else Have Them Prior to This Season

Grumolch

14 minutes ago, Grumolch said:

Did they not used to be stacked for the Pass purchase?
image.png.b4e3c7c4d3a6e4e669d82a1fc756ad9f.png

Well, technically, a million years ago and only once, yes (IIRC). For exactly Season #1 (November 2020), the same season that also had the second girl literally paywalled. Then the expected uproar happened and they changed to essentially the fair and good format we've had ever since. And we've just started Season #17... So your info is a bit outdated to say the least. ^^

• Like 2

So what am I supposed to do with this pitchfork and torch? This is kind of blowing my mind, because I would have bet a large sum of money that the Season Pass doubled the XP. Is it possible this is level dependent? Last season, I was below level 400. I wish I had a screenshot of last season. I mean, I would have bet someone else's child's life on it.

• Haha 1
  • Hug 1

1 minute ago, Grumolch said:

So what am I supposed to do with this pitchfork and torch?

Go back in time 16-ish months ago and and see how well your lone pitchfork and torch fare against the vast majority of the community's who were celebrating the exact change you're suddenly noticing and willing to complain about only now. ^^ A change that was made further to massive community feedback. Good luck! Bonus: You get to relive the end of 2020 and the entirety of 2021! :D 

4 minutes ago, Grumolch said:

Is it possible this is level dependent? Last season, I was below level 400. I wish I had a screenshot of last season.

Definitely not. The most likely scenario here, unless you've stopped playing exactly after Season 1 and just came back, is that you're confusing PoV's koban path with the Season's real-money path.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DvDivXXX said:

The most likely scenario here, unless you've stopped playing exactly after Season 1 and just came back, is that you're confusing PoV's koban path with the Season's real-money path.

Been playing daily since level 1 (or whatever level you start at). Been buying Season Pass I think since day one as well. This is really messing with my head. I feel like that was a major advantage for daily 'gain XP' challenges. I realize PoV does this. I feel like someone is playing a trick on me, I'm so certain. Now I'm digging through screenshots. This is blowing my mind.

Oh well. I'll have to hope someone else comes along to confirm I'm not insane about this. I mean, it was the first thing I noticed. So weird.

• Haha 1

Isn't Hentai Heroes played under another name for some people? I thought there were some differences in the platforms.

(answering my own question: Harem Heroes for some). I play Hentai Heroes.

Edited by Grumolch

29 minutes ago, Grumolch said:

I'm not certain. But I'm telling you, all my seasons, prior to this one, had stacked XP rewards. One for normal, and one unlocked with the Season Pass.

And I am telling you - none of the last 6 had them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelom said:

Where did you get that screenshot from? If it is a file in your disk, check the date it was created to confirm it is 

...from Season #1 back in November 2020. ^^

2 hours ago, Grumolch said:

I'm not certain. But I'm telling you, all my seasons, prior to this one, had stacked XP rewards. One for normal, and one unlocked with the Season Pass.

In all seriousness, the entire community's collective experience and knowledge versus your fuzzy memory and one screenshot... Occam's Razor says you're simply mistaken. The only other possible explanation would be that you somehow benefited from a crazy benevolent bug giving you better rewards than anyone else for over a year... ^^

Also, this has been fun and all, but it has nothing to do with Patch Notes or anything and is a pretty long off-topic side quest. One of us mods should actually split all of this into its own QA thread.

Edit: DONE.

Also, looking at that screenshot and comparing it to my own archives it's clearly from a really old Season even beyond the XP on the locked path. The free path with Epic items, no Kisses, no Gems, and the old shorter format with 50-ish steps instead of 70+ as has been the case for months. So yeah, you just pulled the one super old screenshot from Season 1 and tricked us all. Congrats. ^^ Fun while it lasted.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Haha 1

To the best of my recollection, last month's paid tier had XP prizes for me. As have all of them since I started playing. This is the first month in Seasons that had the paid tier replaced with Kisses. This was the first thing I noticed when I unlocked the Season Pass. It seems highly irregular that it would jump out at me as soon as I unlocked the Pass, if there were no reason for it. Considering that it was a reward in the past, it doesn't seem so far fetched as to be a figment of my imagination. So we know that it was true that the Season Pass did, indeed, have experience rewards. Not only did I recall them being additional XP rewards, but they were (as shown) stacked, and identical to the free pass. 

Yes, it is possible that I am not recalling correctly. But it seems extremely unlikely, as (again) I counted on these XP rewards for ranking in contests. Also, I suppose it is equally extremely unlikely that I was the sole recipient of such a boon. I would wager that the 'entire community' has not weighed in. It's not like it would be something one would notice as out of the ordinary if it were consistent across months and months of Seasons, in which it was viewed simply as a normal reward for the Season Pass. I have zero motive for 'tricking' anyone, so I'll chalk that up as points for you for projecting. I have seen screenshots from previous months from the Harem Heroes that show it as I see it now, with kisses replacing the double XP. I do not play through Kinkoid. So there are differences. It seems a very odd and specific thing for me to misremember over the past untold months of playing. And just like Path of Valor, the XP amounts were equal. Again, a very specific memory. Not like I'm pulling something from thin air.

• Surprised :O 1

6 hours ago, Grumolch said:

To the best of my recollection

I'm not saying you're trolling. It just looks exactly like it at this point, with the only screenshot you somehow still had on hand dating back to exactly Season 1.

Unless further evidence or at the very least testimonies back your claim up in any way, we are done here.

• Thanks 1

• Grumolch changed the title to Season Pass XP Rewards - Anyone Else Have Them Prior to This Season

Unfortunately, the vast majority of players do not visit these forums. At least not regularly. Asking around in my very active guild, only a few members come here. I put myself at a 1% chance of being wrong about this. If you're done, specifically, feel free to stop posting. I'm not saying you're trolling. It just looks exactly like it at this point. I posted to see if others have had the same experience. Time will tell. If it was a bug or glitch, I'd be interested in knowing that, as well. This idea of, "I've never heard of that so it must not be true" is fallacious reasoning. Bugs exist. Glitches exist. As I stated previously, if it were a bug, it's odd that it repeated for exactly as long as I've been playing. Even if it were a bug that existed for only 1% of players, there's a good chance that it wouldn't have even been noticed by them. Why report on something that seems normal and regular? The only reason I noticed was because my very first thought was, "Why would they replace XP with Kisses for someone who is paying for that as part of the Season Pass". Certainly an odd thought, if that weren't exactly my case. If it is a rare case, then the odds of one of the meager handful of people even reading this thread very likely would not recognize or have experienced it.

• Hug 1

i never heard about this either, but it's easy to solve, show us the time stamp of when this screenshot is taken - i doubt it will be another time than from the first season. 

There are hundreds, maybe thousands of players collecting their progress, a lot of them are on discord, but nobody has reported this (that they changed it to only not-paid path or the other way, it doesnt matter). And, honestly, people complain about every shit on discord, but you really think they wouldnt complain about such a major thing?

Anyway, what's more concerning is that you put your own experience as criterion from where you try to justify your own perception, but in this case it doesnt matter what you might remember or not, it's about facts. And here is one:

season was introduced in october 2020, on first of november xp was still locked behind a paywall

unknown.png

on december first both girls and xp were on free path as you can see from this convo

image.png.d9ae8ea89d6e44ccebf3b3d4487c3ab6.png

nothing changed since then - if you think it's a bug, just write a ticket.

• Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Grumolch said:

So what am I supposed to do with this pitchfork and torch? This is kind of blowing my mind, because I would have bet a large sum of money that the Season Pass doubled the XP. Is it possible this is level dependent? Last season, I was below level 400. I wish I had a screenshot of last season. I mean, I would have bet someone else's child's life on it.

46 minutes ago, Grumolch said:

Unfortunately, the vast majority of players do not visit these forums. At least not regularly. Asking around in my very active guild, only a few members come here. I put myself at a 1% chance of being wrong about this. If you're done, specifically, feel free to stop posting. I'm not saying you're trolling. It just looks exactly like it at this point. I posted to see if others have had the same experience. Time will tell. If it was a bug or glitch, I'd be interested in knowing that, as well. This idea of, "I've never heard of that so it must not be true" is fallacious reasoning. Bugs exist. Glitches exist. As I stated previously, if it were a bug, it's odd that it repeated for exactly as long as I've been playing. Even if it were a bug that existed for only 1% of players, there's a good chance that it wouldn't have even been noticed by them. Why report on something that seems normal and regular? The only reason I noticed was because my very first thought was, "Why would they replace XP with Kisses for someone who is paying for that as part of the Season Pass". Certainly an odd thought, if that weren't exactly my case. If it is a rare case, then the odds of one of the meager handful of people even reading this thread very likely would not recognize or have experienced it.

You're the only person that has reported this happening to you and you have no screenshot to prove it if you see it happen again in seasons take a screenshot next time to prove people wrong.

The only thing that makes sense to me is you were looking at the second path rewards for Path of valor which is the only one that has exp on the second path but you only need kobans to unlock it and like what was already said only the first time seasons was added the game did it have exp on the paid path so either you can admit to get them confused or you came back to the game recently after a very long break from it.

You have to understand that this only effected you so that makes you not others seem to be trolling.

• Like 3

There are some other ways to notice, though, if someone's getting more XP than they should. Especially with Legendary Contests. So many players are saving all of their Season XP Rewards for the first day of the contest, that you'd immediately notice if any one of them ended up with twice as much XP as the others (It could be a bit less true nowadays with PoV, but that's a very recent change compared to Season XP. But even then, finishing with +1.2M points compared to everyone else wouldn't go unnoticed).

And looking at your screenshot, the XP wasn't removed entirely. It was simply merged from "Paid Path" (10k XP => 0 XP) to "Free path" (10k => 20k) after the first occurrence of the season. So even if you had these rewards for the path year, you wouldn't be losing anything: you're getting 20k for free instead of 10k free and 10k paid.

• Like 3