24 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Maki

• Ermagherd!!! She's my waifu!
    • Jizzed in my pants.
    • Drools.
    • I prefer Ben's art.
    • She makes me want to vomit.
    • Meh
  2. 2. Which day do you expect to unlock her? (Not recruit, which is obv. day 4).

• Day 1 - I have a ton of PXP from many sources.
    • Day 2 - I have enough orbs for the rest of her shards. (Hint: overlap w/ the Pachinko PoV).
    • Day 3 - I'll use a lot of energy, CP, or tickets.
    • Day 4 - I'll rely on GXP.
  3. 3. Are you familiar w/ "Soulcalibur?"

• Yes. Jiggle physics.
    • No. Is that some Scientology BS?

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to [ April 19th, 2023 ] Legendary Contest #35 - Maki Sasayaka ​🟠​

image.png.dd3a97f26b47bb23290ff0a93dad0e5a.png

Much better result than expected. Was to short to buy the PoV Bonus Path and had expected that other who had done this, or bought the PoG Bonus Path can easily kick me out of top4. That this would be a 1st is a very nice surprise. So the event is done, hopefully the MEquip will be helpfull when I claim the reward at the 4th day of LC.

• Like 2
  • Hearts 3

• DvDivXXX pinned and featured this topic

Thanks for the thread as usual, @Ravi-Sama. Pinging @Tohru - Kinkoid so she's aware of your work (Finder used to ping Noacc and then Tohru when she took over for every event thread, which he once told me was part of the routine so they're aware. I'm not sure how relevant that is now with you not having mod status or any other compensation, but just in case. In any case, Tohru can clarify what she'd prefer if need be.)

image.png

Which day do you expect to unlock her? (Not recruit, which is obv. day 4).

You mean to scrap a few points in the Day 4 contest? ^^ Yeah... Not even close to the obvious value of enjoying a new series of Venus' art as soon as I can. Which is today. ❤️ (I'll vote after that).

Good luck have fun to those still in the race.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Expected to unlock Maki after day 2, as usual, but got lucky w/ an easier LC bracket.  I don't have extra PXP sources from premium PoV or PoG, so this is a nice result for me.

If you don't wanna save girls to collect for the 4th day, that's up to you, but it's definitely the smartest thing to do, for 50k points each.  I have a seasons and PoV girl stored as well.

Don't need to try hard for the rest of the LC now, but there's an EP girl I was missing in the MP today, Sara Jay, so I spent 52 MPx1s to get her.

image.png.fe864361cd501c52b356a0ec341eec94.png

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 5
  • Hearts 1

2 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Expected to unlock Maki after day 2, as usual, but got lucky w/ an easier LC bracket.  I don't have extra PXP sources from premium PoV or PoG, so this is a nice result for me.

If you don't wanna save girls to collect for the 4th day, that's up to you, but it's definitely the smartest thing to do, for 50k points each.  I have a seasons and PoV girl stored as well.

Don't need to try hard for the rest of the LC now, but there's an EP girl I was missing in the MP today, Sara Jay, so I spent 52 MPx1s to get her.

image.png.fe864361cd501c52b356a0ec341eec94.png

It would me merrier with me there no?
image.thumb.png.f877e99b68df8d48cc6380048c6d3f8c.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

If you don't wanna save girls to collect for the 4th day, that's up to you, but it's definitely the smartest thing to do

IF you're interested in trying to score in Day 4 of LC (or any "Build your Harem" type of contests, for that matter), which I'm not interested in doing whatsoever. And if you're not in any hurry to uncover your hard-earned pretty pixels once you obtained them, and would rather use them as just another resource. Which just isn't my style at all. I play this game for the art first and foremost, and holding back on upgrading girls is not an effort I'm willing to make. I do plenty of other things optimally or at least more strategically, but that's where I draw the line.

To each their own, of course, but yeah it's more a matter of personal preference and play style than doing something smart or not. I'm sure you didn't it mean it that way either, your "smartest thing to do" surely implied the necessary "(if scoring points in contests with "Get a new girl" tasks is something you're into, more so than enjoying new girl series at your own leisure)" caveat. ;) 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

IF you're interested in trying to score in Day 4 of LC (or any "Build your Harem" type of contests, for that matter),...

...if you're not in any hurry to uncover your hard-earned pretty pixels once you obtained them, and would rather use them as just another resource.

...holding back on upgrading girls is not an effort I'm willing to make. I do plenty of other things optimally or at least more strategically, but that's where I draw the line.

...it's more a matter of personal preference and play style than doing something smart or not. I'm sure you didn't it mean it that way either, your "smartest thing to do"

No, I definitely meant it's the smartest thing to do.  I have 4 girls stacked now for recruitment, F Fanny & Fione (SE), T Ivy (Seasons), S Aurora (PoV) & Maki (LC).  That's an extra 200k points towards the 4th day of the LC.

In my case, I have an affection bottleneck.  I'm still storing up items so I can get Liberator Sifra to 6 stars.  I also have a backlog of other recent M6 and L5 girls, that also need affection for their last few stars.

Rushing to recruit Maki, who I've already unlocked, wouldn't mean I'd get to see all of her scenes immediately, due to my affection item shortage.  I've still seen and get to appreciate all of her poses, just like every other girl in the game.  She'll get upgraded eventually, especially if she gets blessed one week, and I'll prioritize using resources to upgrade her.

At least this way, saving girls to recruit on the 4th day could increase odds at getting some more MPx3/6s, which also help unlock girls, to see more art.  The goals don't contradict each other.  They go hand in hand.  Just need a couple days of patience.

Regarding my affection item shortage, I could burn through my GPx10 stash, or spend kobans on refreshing the affection market, but I'd rather continue saving kobans for mythic girls, and save orbs for when I really need them, to get CbC girls.  I don't need a ton of fodder gear any longer, since I got my 6th CH Atk gear.  I can save the GPx10s for later.

TLDR: Recruiting Maki immediately gets me nothing, since I'd still be saving affection for L Sifra, but waiting a couple of days at least gets me points in a contest.

image.thumb.png.059aea8d94837b3b902567253fd6f2c4.png

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 4

I also voted that I expected to unlock her on day 2, but I think that I'll start shooting for top 4 from now on LC day 1 (I didn't have this strategy until now).

A bit expensive for a 2nd place, I could've saved some XP for later.

Screenshot_20230421-131121_Kiwi Browser.jpg

• Like 4

day 02 : I finished 8th and got the remaining shards. Mission complete ; I expected to get her on day 4 but i did it in two days.

I did not spend more becausemy remaining orbs would not give me a top 4. if i have not overspent in last CBC i would have got top 1.

image_2023-04-21_121801432.png

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

No, I definitely meant it's the smartest thing to do [...] In my case

FTFY. ^^ Your points are all valid, but so are mine. Seems a bit rough and pointless to insist on implying those of us who don't follow your strategy for this particular aspect of the game are making dumb moves. I evaluate and approach things differently, that's all.

My situation is also different from yours beyond preference. I take every PoV always and I absolutely dread the anxiety playing LC across multiple contests gives me (and relying on contests in general, and holding onto claiming invaluable contest rewards in general, especially girls), so I've deliberately adopted a strategy of saving up all the PXP I can to go all in on Day 1 of every LC and get done with it as quick and painless as possible. I tend to not even try scoring in the orb contests after I secure the girl, not just Day 4 but all of them. It's just not worth it in my case: I rarely get a top 4 or better even if I try, and engaging in contests when I don't have to genuinely stresses me out. Aside from LC Day 1, I go for a contest only when I happen to be in a relatively easy group and I have a really good shot, and if it doesn't screw me over for my resource management in other areas.

In a couple of years or so when CbC catches up to the tail-end of the distant galaxy in which the koban-path girls from PoAs I've been skipping since December are moving away from us faster than light, I'll almost certainly adjust my strategy in order to secure each girl available for me then. In the meantime, I do the bare minimum to grab some low-hanging fruit from CbC by default, because it's not worth that much for me. I also have a lot less girls left to grab from MP than you do (and I'll have fewer and fewer as I keep cleaning up ODs and CEs this year), so while I do save up enough MPx3s and x6s to have a safety net and I value them highly, I very rarely get to use them. So I don't need to pile them up at all costs. I do most of my routine awakenings on CbC Day 2 and I burn non-essential orbs on Day 1 when I have enough of them to make a dent, and when I happen to have a group that isn't going too crazy on Day 3, I burn some kobans on the CC to grab a top 4 or better. That's about it.

Affection items is a bottleneck for me too now that I go for every Mythic under the sun, but I handle it differently than you do. And that's fine. If I were to follow your approach, I would be sacrificing too much of the most important resource in this and any game: FUN. So I don't. That's the smartest thing to do in my case. And I don't feel the need to call you dumb for having different preferences, priorities or play patterns from my own.

This reminds me of the exchanges we had (along with Methos) about the PoA koban path last year, in how eager and borderline dogmatic you are about the approach you feel is optimal and every savvy player should adopt. It turned out that I had to give up on it to make room for my priority shift towards MDs, seemingly proving you right, but not really. You never cared half as much about getting the two koban-path PoA girls in a timely manner as I did, so it was a very different situation, and a more difficult move for me than it was for you. I don't like to watch poses on their own on the wiki as you do, for me the affection scenes are just as important and I appreciate each batch of girls as a whole. I loved to upgrade all of the girls from a PoA in one go as an experience in and of itself. I had to give up on that, which helped me advance further in my game progress in general, no doubt, but at the cost of this enjoyment. A sweet PoA batch used to be a treat for me, now it's almost frustrating to see because I know I'll be missing out on it for years. The decision was still worth it in my eyes, as I get a bit more from it overall, but it's certainly not something obvious and easy as you always described it. There's a real trade-off in my case.

TL;DR: To each their own. There is no singular "smartest move" in a vacuum. Everything is relative to each player's situation, resources, preferences and goals. There are optimal plays for this or that. In the grand scheme of things, the way the game's economy, release schedule and feature balance are (among other things), there are definitely a number of strategies that give access to more stuff regardless of one's own preferences; chief among those is the fact that focusing heavily on PvP is still ironically the most efficient way to progress in the PvE content in general. But regardless, one needs to enjoy the game enough over time to stick around for any strategy to pay off. If I were to play everything optimally for cold hard results in the long run without any consideration for what brings me joy and keeps me coming back daily, I would have quit the game long ago and that would be pretty counterproductive. Everyone has different thresholds for different things, and their own balance to strike to avoid turning this game into a chore and getting tired of it.

Good luck have fun:)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

FTFY. ^^ Your points are all valid, but so are mine.

I absolutely dread the anxiety playing LC across multiple contests gives me...

In a couple of years or so when CbC catches up to the tail-end of the distant galaxy... I also have a lot less girls left to grab from MP than you do,,,I do save up enough MPx3s and x6s to have a safety net and I value them highly, I very rarely get to use them. So I don't need to pile them up at all costs. I do most of my routine awakenings on CbC Day 2...

Affection items is a bottleneck for me too now that I go for every Mythic under the sun, but I handle it differently than you do. And that's fine. If I were to follow your approach, I would be sacrificing too much of the most important resource in this and any game: FUN. So I don't. That's the smartest thing to do in my case.

This reminds me of the exchanges we had (along with Methos) about the PoA koban path last year, in how eager and borderline dogmatic you are about the approach you feel is optimal and every savvy player should adopt. It turned out that I had to give up on it to make room for my priority shift towards MDs, seemingly proving you right, but not really.

TL;DR: To each their own. There is no singular "smartest move" in a vacuum. Everything is relative to each player's situation, resources, preferences and goals. There are optimal plays for this or that. In the grand scheme of things, the way the game's economy, release schedule and feature balance are (among other things), there are definitely a number of strategies that give access to more stuff regardless of one's own preferences; chief among those is the fact that focusing heavily on PvP is still ironically the most efficient way to progress in the PvE content in general. But regardless, one needs to enjoy the game enough over time to stick around for any strategy to pay off. If I were to play everything optimally for cold hard results in the long run without any consideration for what brings me joy and keeps me coming back daily, I would have quit the game long ago and that would be pretty counterproductive. Everyone has different thresholds for different things, and their own balance to strike to avoid turning this game into a chore and getting tired of it.

Yeah, both are valid, but waiting a couple days to collect the girl isn't that big of a deal, for a chance at some rare orbs.  It's like 17 hrs away at this point.  If I also had the affection, we'd both see the girl's scenes before the LC finished, except I might have some more MPx3/6s.  That's why I think it's a smart move.  I noticed @bolitho76 do it in the past.  I think I learned it from him.  I used to impulsively collect the girls immediately, then regretted it.  Seemed like a missed opportunity.

Yep, mentioning of the CbC time gap always reminds me of Neil deGrasse Tyson's StarTalk podcasts.

Damn, I figured you had a surplus of affection.  We're in the same boat there then.

Yep, I was anti-PoA/PoV (unlocking the premium sides), b/c I noticed it wasn't worth it, and would rather save kobans for the MD/MDRs.  I still do that.  It was also a "to each their own" moment.

It started out as a funny poll option.  Not meant to offend players that don't collect girls on the 4th day, but maybe it illuminated some players, and now they realize that's a worthwhile option.  Never said that players that didn't do it were dumb.  Just said it was smart.  Can't deny that it's a part of the game design, and makes sense.  I'll still get to view all of the art, whenever I get enough affection, and there's a legit reason to max her.  I'm busy trying to unlock a sensual mythic's scenes instead (L Sifra).  Managing resources this way, as F2P is also fun.  Saving resources for when you need them, is the essence of this game.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 2

BTW Ravi and DvDivXXX glad to see you both now seem to have come to some sort of mutual understanding you both have valid points for your different view in the end it boils Down to personal preference of playstyle and there is NO right and wrong way to play it if you are happy with your playstyle That is good enough in my oppinion🤗 i also have a different play style i collect L5 Girls instantly especially if they are somewhat usefull competitive wise L3 on the other side i wait with recruiting for a even more obscure reason than Daily contests i save them just incase i get a daily goal with get a Girl goal since i am not so stacked on mythic pachinko orbs😥

• Like 4
  • Hearts 1

8 minutes ago, Rylarth said:

...L3 on the other side i wait with recruiting for a even more obscure reason than Daily contests i save them just incase i get a daily goal with get a Girl goal since i am not so stacked on mythic pachinko orbs😥

Damn, saving L3s for daily goals!!  That's so extreme, even for me.  We should debate it for 3 days... jkjk

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Definitely with DvDiv on this one. I used to try hard on contests, trying to snipe wins and all. I've since taken a much more relaxed view. I mostly just play the game, slow and steady gets me (almost) enough koban for what I want, and I happily miss the daily midday stress. I pick my battles, try-hard for the ones I want, and meh through the rest. It's a game, so I try and optimize *fun*, not "smart" play. Otoh... I did wait with claiming some of the other girls in this months various paths.

That said, I got Maki on the first day :D.

Also, the poll. I have no preference for Ben's work. I can't recognize it (yet) and when it's been identified on the forum it often seems to be more of what's HH style these days: large everything. (I like the first 2, maybe 3 girls in Fae Fantasies, weren't they also all done by Ben?) So no, so far I don't prefer Ben's work but also don't particularly like Maki, and that leaves me with "drool" (eh nope) or "vomit" (no, she's not *that* bad!). So, no vote for silly polls.

Edited by Shorty-er
  • Hearts 1

As usual with Venus' girls, I find in the position of loving the poses (on par if not above Ben's one. The details in Venus' poses are unrivaled, at least for me), but the affection scenes, on the contrary, leave me with a kind of bitter aftertaste... I don't want to say that they're disappointing, 'cause they're not, but they always feel like they could have been better, and that they do not match the incredible quality of the poses (again, they feel like this *to me*). 

The silver lining is that the poses are what I'll see the most in the future, so I'm more than happy to have welcomed Maki into my harem 🥰

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 4

I'm definitely with Ravi and Rylarth about the saving girls thing (yes even the L3 part, been doing that for quite a while now). As for the contests well, I skipped the first day as to break into top 10 required over 2 million xp so I chose to save mine. On second day I got pushed out of top 4 in last few minutes and finished at 7th. As for today...20230422_132049.thumb.jpg.09bbdc34cd8d63bbb0291667ac0b0b05.jpg^ this was going for a few hours20230422_133622.thumb.jpg.e61fbce7a44c5267ee5fe4d0d0735677.jpgThen this guy came out of nowhere and scored that within 15 minutes (13 to be precise) 😑20230422_140426.thumb.jpg.9d11f66a1318af00616d0b6fda0779c9.jpgAnd while I was making the post another payer decided to show up 😑

Edited by Obelisk
Updated rankings
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1