[ August 1st, 2023 ] CE - Enchanted Anniversary

Ravi-Sama

#enchanted -> 1 mil ymens + club bonus  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which girls do you like? (multiple choice)

• ​ Enchanted Salem ⚫ (9 DMs)
    • Enchanted Bianca 🔴 (Roko)
    • Enchanted Filya 🟡 (Donatien)
    • Enchanted Levitya 🟠 (Pachinko)
    • Enchanted Esme 🔵 (Pachinko)
    • Enchanted Yuko 🟢 (Champion #3 Matsuda)
    • None... (you are banished from the Enchanted Gala).

image.png

Obviously, it's variants of Salem, Levitya, who???, Bianca, Filya, and Esme.

I love the dresses, but Salem's face is a bit off to me.  She looks better once animated.

Enchanted Salem  (9 DMs) - a parody of Lulu from Final Fantasy X.
Enchanted Bianca 🔴 (Roko) - a parody of Holy Molly's waifu Rin Tohsaka from Fate/Stay Night.
Enchanted Filya 🟡 (Donatien) - a parody of Triss Merigold from The Witcher.
Enchanted Levitya 🟠 (Pachinko) - a parody of Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers.
Enchanted Esme 🔵 (Pachinko) - a parody of Lisa Minci from Genshin Impact.
Enchanted Yuko 🟢 (Champion Matsuda) - a parody of Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins.

• Thanks 5
  • uwu 1

• Ravi-Sama pinned and featured this topic

I've voted while adding an imaginary "the most" at the end of the question; so I answered Esme, Filya and Salem because they're the best three art wise judging from the 0-star poses.

The other 3 aren't bad, but not on the same level either in terms of line art (especially Bianca) or coloring job (especially Levi). I like all 6 characters quite a bit, and the theme is sweet. I'm particularly optimistic about Esme (created by and continued by Venus) and I love Filya's new costume.

PS: I won't say more until others start claiming and upgrading girls from this batch. But let's just say today's event mission's icon is not the only thing they made cheaper.

Edited by DvDivXXX
PS
  • Surprised :O 3

11 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

PS: I won't say more until others start claiming and upgrading girls from this batch. But let's just say today's event mission's icon is not the only thing they made cheaper.

I don't really care about the icons; if they want to spend that time and resources on other things in the game, Its fine with me.
I don't know what else they have cheapen-ed out on, but it seems it might relate to the girls and their poses.
Not that its something new tho, I remember there being some girls that have the same poses just with their clothing removed, I don't remember all the girls
who had this, But I belive one version of Lil' Red had this treatment.

• Hug 1
  • Surprised :O 1

Okay, looks like the cutoff point isn't as clean and simple as I was led to expect. Only one of the 5 available girls from this new CE shows the cheapened production value I was hinting at (the Filya variant).

On 8/2/2023 at 3:35 AM, EpicBacon said:

I don't know what else they have cheapen-ed out on, but it seems it might relate to the girls and their poses.

Close, but not quite.

Hint highlighted:

On 8/1/2023 at 4:23 PM, DvDivXXX said:

I won't say more until others start claiming and upgrading girls from this batch.

It's not something you'll see on the wiki or with any other sneak peek preview.

Not that its something new tho

Yes and no. It's a recycled cheap trick they've already used in this very game in the past (another hint) to deliver more quantity of "content", technically at the cost of "quality" (or, I would argue, at the cost of content, period, but we'll get to that once you guys take notice). It isn't related to this, though:

I remember there being some girls that have the same poses just with their clothing removed, I don't remember all the girls
who had this, But I belive one version of Lil' Red had this treatment.

That's true for all girl variants that are imported from HCL (Hentai Clicker) except for a few that had some fresh art added or changed. So basically every KC girl ever and a dozen or so more sprinkled here and there in other areas of the game. Most girls whose name start with "Alt.". It's a very different thing, because the source material for these is older, from a different team with a different art direction and in a different game with different amounts and formats for art and story content. They just adapt them as best as they can to the HH recruit format.

The new thing I'm referring to is new content produced with a different approach. It is going for quantity over quality, and cutting costs over delivering wholesome content in my opinion, but Kinkoid were probably right in predicting that most players wouldn't notice or really care. I'm in a minority who even seeks let alone get to see the content that was/will be nerfed (clearly most of the current CE was produced before the change). Anyways, don't want to cry wolf here, this will probably become more relevant in a few weeks.

PS: Those series are actually much better overall than we've had for a CE in months. Great content actually.

• Thinking 2

sorry for the double post but I've seen all 3 affection scenes for Enchanted Filya and I felt like I'm reading a Side Quest. After @DvDivXXX comment I thought we're back to KK using templates the same way as they did before - like having 16 girls with rehashed image of Easter Bunny giving a head (if you know, you know) but this might be even worse. It's 1 girl with pretty much the same 3 images.

I really hope this isn't their plan for the future and it was just a case of no time to make more unique art? I'd rather see no girl than this though, it's almost insulting.

I'll be sure to give her 0 points if they do a survey for August girls

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2023 at 11:26 AM, garadron said:

I really hope this isn't their plan for the future and it was just a case of no time to make more unique art?

EDIT: No, that's the new direction [as far as I'm aware]. Except for [girls from certain specific event types, who should] keep getting full affection scenes [if I understood correctly].

[Personal opinion:] Well, as "full" as they've been so far; which has always been too zoomed in and cropped up to my tastes, but still.

[Info:] All other girl types [should get] the "Side Quest" treatment past the cutoff point, [Personal Deduction:] which was apparently late in the production process for this CE, so only Filya got it this time (and maybe the Mission girl, we can't check yet).

I'll be sure to give her 0 points if they do a survey for August girls

[Personal Opinion:] Their surveys never served any real purpose anyway, but if you were to rate every girl at the lowest except for those who still have affection scenes, then I'm sure Rosso's data guy will interpret this as confirmation that they've made the right move, since you'll give good ratings only to Mythics and SE girls. Then again, I'm sure they'll interpret it as confirmation they were right no matter what survey they cook up and how you answer it.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Sad 3

Can confirm that Enchanted Salem is also a cheap side quest...

This one hurts even more than Filya, because the art looks really nice (at least based on the super zoomed in 1&2 pics I've seen so far).

If this is really the plan and they don't revert this decision, I can totally see myself saying farewell...

I hope Kinkoid decision makers will write a book about killing a fun web based game so other devs can read it and never make the same mistakes

• Like 1
  • Hug 5

... It's 1 girl with pretty much the same 3 images.

I really hope this isn't their plan for the future and it was just a case of no time to make more unique art? I'd rather see no girl than this though, it's almost insulting.

Thats the same thing they did on the last grils in the Messenger Feature. 5 Pictures of a girl of which 4 were the same pose with different zoom stages.

I only got Enchanted Bianca so far. Pachinko told me to fuck off and i didn't even won one fight against Matsuda. Don't got time to klick every 15 minutes (especially if this takes several minutes due to great server performance) and its not worth spending kobans on champion girls for me.

Either some artist left or they got some other massive problems. There is no other way for me to explain those recycled poses everyone is talking about or that there are no pictures for the current event story.

Edited by Magic1986
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Magic1986 said:

Thats the same thing they did on the last grils in the Messenger Feature. 5 Pictures of a girl of which 4 were the same pose with different zoom stages.

Oh, no, this is much worse. The Messenger case didn't take any content from us. If you look at the amount of "full" pictures in there, it never changed. They just thought for some reason, that seeing teasers of the final photo will be cool. We actually gained content in Messenger:

Bunny has 3 images, let's call them set A

Kalissa has 6 images, 3 for set A and 3 close ups that weren't just zoom ins from set A, so let's call it set B

and then the last iteration started with Sung Tai having set A, set B and these weird close ups of set A serving as teasers before you unlocked the actual image. Pointless but harmless imho.

Compare it now to Enchanted Salem and Filya - shame we can't post them here, it saves KK some degree of controversy because not everyone can see what we're talking about here but you'll have to trust me on this. You'll see it soon enough if it's going to stay...

Both Filya and Salem have 1 image which is slightly changing with each affection grade - 2nd image zooms out, there are minor changes, like Filya losing clothing. For 3rd image of Filya it's the same image with again slight changes - hero goes SSJ basically. It's like reading a Side Quest. Or a single sex scene/position within the story.

We just lost 2/3 of content for these girls basically and gained nothing of value, just more bugs that have to be fixed by community members.

• Thanks 1
  • Surprised :O 3

20 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

image.png.1ae06c90cdf9102138cb0a786b8e9043.png

Just imagine that picture but smaller and with English text instead of German, and that's me. ^^

And yeah, Salem got the same treatment as Filya. The two current PoV girls still have old-school affection scenes with 3 different drawings, so the next two coming out in a week will likely be the first ones with the Side Quest treatment. And the new girl added for the next OD, probably. That's as far as 3-stars go. Then we'll have our first full CE with a single drawing for 3 affection scenes for everyone in early September.

EDIT:
[Personal deductions partially based on privileged info]:

We'll have to watch out for the L5s this month, though. The new LD, DP and LC girls (EDIT: oh and maybe the next League Girl, if they haven't just given up on that? We're about to close Thyra's 12th week tomorrow... It was supposed to be approximately every 10 weeks!) may or may not be the last ones of their kind with 5 different drawings. After that, I think their plan is to use 2 or maybe 3 drawings with the same Side Quest style cropping and zooming tricks to cover the 5 affection scenes for 5-star girls moving forward (except for the SE ones). And we'll still have Mythics (although they've always played it safer and samey-er with their affection scenes to my tastes; much of my all-time favorite affection scene series are from obscure 3-stars and a few 5-stars).

[Purely My Own Personal Opinion and Feedback; NOT As a Mod or based on any Kinkoid statement]:

They're doing this to cut costs, it's painfully obvious. Now they get to "sell us" the same drawing 3 times, instead of paying the artist for 3 different drawings. It was already clear that a lot of the extreme zooming in most affection scenes was done to cut costs as well. It's quicker to produce a good close-up shot than two full characters in action with some background context. What makes me a bit sad about this is that they're cutting costs on their end while the game has never been more expensive for players, and they've been pushing a pretty aggressive P2W monetization strategy for well over a year now. Sometimes less is more, and I'm not referring to the missing art (it's a net loss for us) but to the ludicrous amount of extra stuff that gets added to the game at a rapid pace these days, at the cost of quality, stability, and overall enjoyment. If they're not increasing income with their move to the dark side, maybe it's because the dark side stinks and doesn't actually pay. Maybe instead of making things worse in additional ways to finance the grotesque morphing of the game to a different genre of gameplay entirely, they should go back to basics and make the game reliable, fun and fair for the player base in order to thrive again. Oh well.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, garadron said:

Oh, no, this is much worse. The Messenger case didn't take any content from us. If you look at the amount of "full" pictures in there, it never changed. They just thought for some reason, that seeing teasers of the final photo will be cool. We actually gained content in Messenger:

Bunny has 3 images, let's call them set A

Kalissa has 6 images, 3 for set A and 3 close ups that weren't just zoom ins from set A, so let's call it set B

and then the last iteration started with Sung Tai having set A, set B and these weird close ups of set A serving as teasers before you unlocked the actual image. Pointless but harmless imho.

Compare it now to Enchanted Salem and Filya - shame we can't post them here, it saves KK some degree of controversy because not everyone can see what we're talking about here but you'll have to trust me on this. You'll see it soon enough if it's going to stay...

Both Filya and Salem have 1 image which is slightly changing with each affection grade - 2nd image zooms out, there are minor changes, like Filya losing clothing. For 3rd image of Filya it's the same image with again slight changes - hero goes SSJ basically. It's like reading a Side Quest. Or a single sex scene/position within the story.

We just lost 2/3 of content for these girls basically and gained nothing of value, just more bugs that have to be fixed by community members.

Well i got Enchanted Salem now and saw her affection Scenes. Saw what you mean i have to say that this is a new low. Scene 1 and 3 are basically the same.....

• Sad 3
  • Hug 1

11 hours ago, Magic1986 said:

Well i got Enchanted Salem now and saw her affection Scenes. Saw what you mean i have to say that this is a new low. Scene 1 and 3 are basically the same.....

there is no emote here to adequately express my, disappointment, rage, or fury; i am far beyond the 'WTF' stage & plunging into new depths of SEETHING...

Karxan Edit: this shit on top of a supremely shitty day isn't helping my mood, so here's an update;

Enchanted Filya 🟡, w/SP
1st CPx50: 31💖, 5 from SP
2nd CPx50: 20💖, 3 from SP
3rd CPx50: 15💖, 3 from SP
4th CPx50: 9💖, 3 from SP
===========================
Total 💖Shards: 75💖

Enchanted Yuko 🟢 35💖

Enchanted Bianca 🔴, w/SP
1st CPx50: 29💖, 4 from SP
2nd CPx50: 14💖, 2 from SP
===========================
Total 💖Shards: 43💖

i haven't the kkobans to force my way thru 2 more stages of Matsuda to try for more Enchanted Yuko 🟢 35💖Shards; i got 2-3 pieces of trash Lgear, typical...

Between regen & kkobans, i should be able to do 3x CPx10s w/SP, & hopefully get Enchanted Filya 🟡...

Edited by Karxan
an update; Enchanted Bianca 🔴 43💖, Enchanted Filya 🟡 75💖
  • Hug 1

I've finished this event. As usual, I got 2 girls from villains and 3 from EP. The drop rate for EP wasn't great this time. 84 orbs for Yuko, 19 for Esme, and 59 for Levitya. So 162 orbs for 3 (1.85%). I got great drop rates for the last 2 CE so this was bounded to happen. I bought 2 CP refills this time to finish villains instead of using CP rewards from PoV or Seasons so that I can take advantage of the CP discount from few days ago. I'm saving the rewards for LD.

image.png.4240811d3580663deea286d3787d7f15.png

• GG 3