There should be a special reward for getting 69th place in League

Gotaku

Why only reward Top 1 and Top 4? It would make much more sense for this game to give a sizable reward for those who finish 69th.

Not only is it thematically the right thing to do, it makes the competition for the underpowered players a bit more fun and possibly highly rewarding.

Do the right thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thinking 1

You do get a reward as 69th:

image.png.f8662bc2bee4852dbb81cbdf4f7ec2f2.png

Or do you mean to have the bracket adjusted or one added to end at 69th? Or that one should get a higher reward when being exactly at (rather than above) 69th? Rewarding e.g. 68th lower than 69th would be ... strange, though interesting somehow. But I wouldn't like to get less when aiming to do best (in terms of getting most points) out of league.

In my eyes changing combativity to kisses is a downgrade...

Combativity is much more needed for a lot of things in the game while you gain enough Kisses from natural regen to reach 13.000 points in Season after you have left-behind the early game.

A special reward could be a random bulb or 69 random gems. Helpfull, but no gamechanger and not interesting enough that all player would try to end at place 69.

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Horsting said:

You do get a reward as 69th:

image.png.f8662bc2bee4852dbb81cbdf4f7ec2f2.png

Or do you mean to have the bracket adjusted or one added to end at 69th? Or that one should get a higher reward when being exactly at (rather than above) 69th? Rewarding e.g. 68th lower than 69th would be ... strange, though interesting somehow. But I wouldn't like to get less when aiming to do best (in terms of getting most points) out of league.

Specifically one for 69th of course. With a reward size comparable to but different from Top 4. Like an extra challenge/target/possibility for everyone in the lower ranks. A golden ticket instead of just a drab low result.

Edited by Gotaku
  • Like 1

Quite a risky target, as it is close to a demotion. That makes it further interesting. But I would give significantly lower rewards than for top 4. Top 4 is too hard to get, and hence as a top 4 contender managing it for a possibly high koban invest (refills, cordys, LM) and time + strategy, I would feel quite screwed if a fresh D3 player gets the same rewards, theoretically with pure luck. The amount of luck for 69th is quite high, as it is practically impossible to plan and successfully get the exact amount of points needed for an exact position at leagues lower half, which can be (by hero/team power) and is aimed for by probably 20 players or more. So the field will be very narrow and randomness towards the end high.

I agree with kiss < fist in general. But probably kisses, gifts/aff or GXP/gems (as suggested) could be awarded on top of the 61-75th bracket, so something unique (compared to other league rewards) which indicates either love or learning, like "well done, D3 participant, share some love/experience with your girls to do even better next time", as a more symbolic help/motivation to reach towards the real top of the league.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

I could see the fun in giving a tiny symbolic reward for exactly rank #69, because it would be funny.

Emphasis on TINY and symbolic, though. Even though it would be a pick-me-up consolation prize anyway, since that rank typically means a terrible performance and no rewards from the league itself, I would not be okay with this being a lottery worth seeking out on purpose either.

Especially not when we still have frustratingly awful "rewards" for things like carrying a CC run for your clubmates even though you already have all the girls (1 lousy legendary gift item), obsolete Movie Frames in daily rewards and Epic Pachinko, and more inadequate rewards.

I like the idea just for the fun of it, though.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2023 at 5:53 PM, bolitho76 said:

In my eyes changing combativity to kisses is a downgrade...

I meant purely in a metaphysical sense. Replacing a fist 1.jpg.7e81a6da5e5a1f1f1f881980a2eefe7e.jpg with a kiss 2.jpg.36624ac698a239aa2a175759ae2b4e6b.jpg means “make love, not war”, which is especially true for position 69 3.jpg.a42933b4e7a74a320e26476b49c3ad34.jpg

In this case, virtually nothing changes: 1 fist, like one kiss, have no particularly practical meaning. Any other substitution or special reward will be unbalanced.

• uwu 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Vovantillo said:

An interesting proposal for a reward for placing -69-, I think it should be, for example, a separate element of the hero’s exclusive clothing or an avatar with the number 69 or something else insignificant, but indicating this hit in the league ranking.

This would be exactly fitting. Considering how many corners Kinkoid cut over the past year or so to reduce the artists' workload, it wouldn't be realistic to expect an actual drawing to be made for this. BUT! Since one of the most noticeable changes is that they've stopped giving us cute little sketches for CE Daily Missions and replaced them with just numbered icons, and 69 is a number too...

How about an exclusive 69 avatar in that style? :ph34r:

image.png

• Like 2