February 23rd, 2024] PoA #46 - Lusty Lyrics

bolitho76

• bolitho76 pinned and featured this topic

Funny that, I hadn't noticed when looking at them individually, but all three girls who aren't the drummer are playing bass. Three basses and no guitar? That's quite the experimental band right there! ^^

Although it's clear from the overall design they meant for the blonde girl on the free path to be playing guitar, and the one with green hair bass for sure. The one on the koban path with orange hair has either a very short bass or a guitar with a very weird design (that neck is too long for a regular guitar but too thin for a bass). Regardless, the artist didn't bother drawing more than 4 tuners and 4 strings on all 3 instruments, so they're all playing some kind of bass. ^^

Beyond that, the green hair girl has noticeably less polished art than the others. The drummer looks decent, and the two guitar wannabes with weird basses seem to have the best art overall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thinking 1

The blonde girl is having all fingers on the fretboard, including her thumb. Just try that on a real instrument, your wrist will hurt. If the thumb is on the fretboard he is used from the upper side of the fretboard, (just like Jimi Hendrix 😆 ) not from below. That does not hurt in the wrist.

But we do not want to be too strict, the design is funny.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Valiant said:

But we do not want to be too strict, the design is funny.

Of course, just having a laugh. But as a musician it's nice to see a band with instruments as the theme for this event. (We had something like a karaoke slash singing girl band a few years back for a CE, if I remember correctly, but that's not quite the same thing).

To be fair about the blonde, she's making a big dramatic gesture with her picking hand high overhead as if she had just struck a big chord she was letting ring for a bit, but it could be just for show or to say hi to the audience instead (it's more likely that since her hand isn't actually fretting anything, but rather muting all the strings instead, so no sound would be coming out even if her thumb was in the right place behind the neck for support).

I'd be a bit more concerned about her strap clearly falling off from her shoulder, especially since as you've pointed out, she's not actually holding the neck at all with her fretting hand. So this is basically a snapshot from just a couple of seconds before her entire... 4-string guitar escapes her and crashes on the ground. ^^

Could have also mentioned how their drummer seems better equipped to join a marching band than a pop-rock band, with her single drum strapped to her waist instead of a full drum kit. ^^

But yeah, I appreciate the idea of giving us musicians instead of warlocks or adventurers for a change.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Funny that, I hadn't noticed when looking at them individually, but all three girls who aren't the drummer are playing bass. Three basses and no guitar? That's quite the experimental band right there! ^^

They wanted to play baseball... but didnt have the equipment... so instead they went with the basses loaded?

That one... needs more work...

Edited by EpicBacon
  • Haha 2

On 2/24/2024 at 8:50 PM, mdnoria said:

And done
image.png.5c0b1a23924c6c28fa0c3485ad05625e.png

+1. Mostly thanks to... Nothing in particular (well, I guess my natural tendency to push tasks ASAP to get it over with when I can, even if it costs me an extra 1-2k in kobans, and also badly needing points to maintain a top 5% in HA ^^).

Fingers crossed we do get Radka's MDR today as announced, especially since it looks like I might have to grab at least one of the koban cards for HA's rankings regardless.

• Like 2
  • GG 2

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Fingers crossed we do get Radka's MDR today as announced, especially since it looks like I might have to grab at least one of the koban cards for HA's rankings regardless.

wasn't it announced for tomorrow? 28.02

• Like 3

Yeah, MCP pointed it out in Chit Chat already, I did remember 28th but for some reason I thought that was today already. ^^ But you're right, today is only the 27th. (Shh... No, no, I'm not  a time traveler... I'm just absent-minded today. Speaking of which, look at this flashing device for me, will you?...)

• Haha 5

I don’t understand why everyone is waiting so much for this unfortunate Radka? What is its charm? If she exists, of course, or maybe she has some kind of peculiarity and fundamental advantage over other mythical girls??? Tell me, inexperienced...

• Thinking 1
  • uwu 1

2 hours ago, Vovantillo said:

I don’t understand why everyone is waiting so much for this unfortunate Radka? What is its charm? If she exists, of course, or maybe she has some kind of peculiarity and fundamental advantage over other mythical girls??? Tell me, inexperienced...

Not everyone, just those of us who have most other M6 but are still missing this one. She's from way back and this will be her first revival in years, so we're looking forward to this opportunity. In terms of art and theme, she's top tier. In terms of PvP, she's kind of middle tier. But gotta catch 'em all, anyway. ^^

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

first revival in years

In years yes, but this is her 2nd revival. Also wonder if that is why they seem to be skipping Level up Red. She had 2 revivals but 1 was weeks after she showed up so they may only be looking at number of time shown up rather then when they were last seen.

• Thinking 1
  • Surprised :O 1

13 minutes ago, Yamiray said:

Level up Red. She had 2 revivals but 1 was weeks after she showed up

Oh. I had completely forgotten about that, but that's a very good point. She didn't have her art reworked or her stats changed (I'm pretty sure) so I wonder what the reason was behind a near instant revival for her back then. I honestly can't remember. I know I grabbed her from her original event as she was the second KH M6 ever and it was still in the old system before Elements and everything, so at the time grabbing mythics from my class was the only priority (in terms of gameplay).

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Yamiray said:

Also wonder if that is why they seem to be skipping Level up Red. She had 2 revivals but 1 was weeks after she showed up

It was more one MDR splitted up in time - 2x 24h in one month. I don't know another MDR for her after this, but if there was one it would be nice to get the date.

Mod-hat on:

We all should go back on topic. If there is more to discuss about Radka and Level Up Reds MDRs it would be better to create a different thread. Thanks!

• Thanks 2

It was getting close bc tech issues, but D○NE!  Did CXH the Day before then focused on this one.  And yes, Radka 🔴❤ helped!

No screenshots, but got the bonus after the 2nd girl for the After party!

379e7b87f856f75d6016f0242415d028.webp

• GG 2