Legendary Days Discussion

Gonna be honest, I'm not gonna spend any kobans on this.

Once again, the devs include something that's not worth the effort.  I'll fight like normal, I'm at around 106 fights so far, but I'd rather save kobans for 10 epic pakinco.  Honestly, I just want Lupa and Salior Celsius from the normal machine.  I've got over 30K saved up from doing the daily missions, and I'm not going to piss them away after the horror stories I've read.

13 minutes ago, sentinel003 said:

It's not about the event or getting her or not, but the chances they are screwing you with. It's insane that some of us had to spend this insane amount of Kobans to get a drop after they have been saying that her drop rate will be adjusted to the duration of the event - shorter event, higher chance of the drop.

I understand that, they have clearly showed that they do not care much for losing their player base. We see these kinds of anti-consumer practices all over the gaming industry. The amount some players had to cough up for this event is unspeakable. It is possible they are going for short-term profit model with lower pull rate for the very first legendary girl, knowing that this will cause people to buy/spend chunk of in game currency (kobans), and even if they leave, the money is already made.

Also, they didn't mention that the chance will be higher for her to drop, they said it was adjusted to the duration of the event.

Thought process being:

>the duration of the event is shorter

>more players desperate to get her within smaller chance of opportunity

>more willingness to spend kobans

>therefore lower the drop rate

>greater short term profit 

But I don't want to sound too negative, i have bad luck, others have had good luck, just like in real life there are lottery winners who make millions overnight with a winning ticket and some split their minimum wage just to buy a lottery ticket every single week and never win anything.

Edited by CharlesFrancis

4 hours ago, Udude18 said:

I spent all the battles yesterday and the extra 2 from pvp (it's a random reward at 8 wins that appears sometimes) without ever letting it fill all the way continuing into today but then got concerned as I kept not getting her. Based on my score I battled an additional 84 times just today and I do have her now putting the total at around 132 attempts. I had to refill the bar twice and I still think I got really lucky. Though interestingly for the spring break I got 1 girl fairly early on (2nd day) but tried for the remainder of the time to get the 2nd girl for no success and forgot to do the guaranteed girl through pachinko like I usually do before the event ended (I wait until the very end usually (to eliminate the ones I can get otherwise) though I was a bit too late this time). I would have to agree that the randomness factor while being somewhat fun in other games is not fun at all in a game like this where if you don't get the girls then that's a loss to money you can make from them, the girl might never come back for future events if you're unlucky, and just the timing seems to have events running almost the entire time. This leaves little room to get money from finalmecia and lots of small amounts of 3500$ per battle which compared to the current amount I can get from the finalmecia (not maxed yet) is more than 4x as much it seems like you either need extreme luck on your side to get the girls and have time to make money or ignore every event in order to get lots of money to reach the high goals of high affection levels, not even counting if you're trying to win the contests that either require you to spend on pachinko etc. My general perception of this game is that it's ok but with less randomness/at least a visible % chance (there was backlash apparently when it existed because people said it was too low I think so then they opted to never tell us the chances). I mean luck is luck you might get the girl after 1-2 attempts but you some people here it's been 500+ attempts. This is ridiculous seriously... sure maybe the chance is 1% and they are just extremely unlucky but maybe it's 0.0001% and anyone who did get her is just extremely lucky... who's to say without knowing the actual odds? Jessie-chan seemed extremely dodgy about the chances of getting Levitya she kept saying "it would be adjusted for this event" which one could take to mean: It's 3 days so it should be easier overall. Yet I've seen more people saying they haven't gotten her or it took a lot of attempts which would lead to believe that the odds for getting her seem to me to be around 0.1% or a 1/1000. So if that is true then I put in 132/1000 and got extremely lucky whereas others needed to put in 793/1000 in order to get her. This is also worrying in the sense that if this was easier then what the odds of getting the seasonal event drop girls? 0.02% or 1/5000? 0.05% or 1/2000? It's again impossible to know without the %s. But just to wrap this up I'm going to explain a small detail of why luck in games is fun usually. Usually luck in getting a rare drop in MMOs acts a bonus in that you don't need to buy the thing that got dropped and if it's rare enough you can sell it for a lot of the in game currency. Yet it's important to note that these games in almost every sense DO NOT REQUIRE you to get whatever drop to be able to use it. Almost always (and closer to always) there are ways around this including: Buying it from other players, Fighting another monster (in this case it would be boss if that system existed) for a better chance, Paying for the item (depending on what it is can make or break the game if this is an option), Paying for an increased chance to get the item for a short period of time, Paying for an increased chance for an unlimited amount of time, Someone gifting the item to you, Someone lending the item to you for a limited time, Someone dropping the item (through pvp or normally just saying to drop it). That's already 8-9 alternative ways other games make things easier that this game doesn't do. Granted some of these might not necessarily work well but it something to consider at least at how they take steps to try at least to prevent people ragequitting the game due it relying heavily on luck. Picture it this way: If you played through a game that had a somewhat decent story mode that had a small amount of chance involved to complete it but then for rare items flung you into a room with 100 doors to choose from only 1 is right and they shuffle them every time so it's never guaranteed even after 100 times would you consider that good gameplay? If so then you'd be in minority not majority on this. That's not even adding in a timer like this game has where it's basically my example + a limited amount of time to complete it and on top of all that it also needs to use up a battle point of which you can get 48 per day at maximum efficiency. So sorry to say but there's a lot of factors against you here. I'll still keep playing this game for now but I honestly don't find it that enjoyable due to all the points I mentioned and I hope this game does improve though I'm not sure if it's actually going to. As one final note I do wish the absolute best luck to everyone trying to get her because it seems the odds are always against us a lot in any of these events...     

Damn. That's a long sentence:)

No girl yet. The most depressing part is, after all the charm and knowhow, they finally made a higher hc girl 5 stars. (Fairy) I am playing my ass off, saving every bit of cash to cough up the f-ing 19.4 million for her 5gh star and when I'm almost there (16.7 mil) they release a 3 day limited hc girl for the lucky few who blows Fairies stats off the grid. Thanks a lot.

Yes we've been asking for more strong HC girls. But obtainable. I've tried all days she's been 'available' so far. No luck. Not sure how many fights. About 200 maybe. Depressing to see people with 500+ and nothing as I can't even get close to 500 fights even if I spend all my kobans. I probably will of course. Well, it's been fun. But I feel the end of HH is near for me. *sadface*

24 minutes ago, jyepie said:

How many girls do u have?

Event harem members have a set drop rate that does not go up with failed attempts.

Which is why you have players asking for the drop rate to be changed to the same counter that boss girls use that increases the chance to drop with every failed attempt also it's only boss harem members that reduce your chance of getting more boss harem members and not your total number of harem members because you get different types event which have a set drop rate,pachinko only which you can only get in pachinko and boss girls which are the only ones that have their drop rate increased with failed attempts.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, CharlesFrancis said:

i feel similar frustration as I have yet to drop the legendary girl (gone through ~250 pulls, around half the pulls that you have) but

don't give up yet, the event is still on for 23 more hours or so, and you can get more kobans by finishing the missions to refill combativity

perhaps fate will smile upon us once more

What about this:

Since know-how and/or charm seem to drop her far more  easily than hardcore (ask Zorba the greek) why not change your class (1st time free) in order to drop her. Then, when she has dropped, change your class back again (not sure, but was it 600 kobans? Well, far less than thousands) and presto, you might have got her..............or not. heheheh!

Or

You can have mine. She is NOT that legendary (to me, I am know-how).:D

On whether she drops or not I will adjust my 'heheheh'  accordingly. xD

Edited by dirty harry

maiby with the dead line getting closer the drop chances will  increase... any tips to increase chances? like not skip the battle or wait until you got your energy full and do all of them on in once or every 30min go and play a battle.... 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

What about this:

Since know-how and/or charm seem to drop her far more  easily than hardcore (ask Zorba the greek) why not change your class (1st time free) in order to drop her. Then, when she has dropped, change your class back again (not sure, but was it 600 kobans? Well, far less than thousands) and presto, you might have got her..............or not. heheheh!

Or

You can have mine. She is NOT that legendary (to me, I am know-how).:D

On whether she drops or not I will adjust my 'heheheh'  accordingly. xD

I am charm my friend...haha xD

All that happens happen for a reason and maturity is learning to accept reality for what it is and be at peace with it.

Besides my work is going swimmingly so i don't mind if it doesn't work out here :) 

I'll let u know if she does indeed drop

love and peace <3

on side note even if she doesn't drop I'll likely continue to play this game, just with less inclination to buy kobans

below is screen cap of DokiDoki Precure

image.png.d9df80fde9bcd7ee0ab3e532e2708299.png

image.png.32ee8a21f9f96add182997f0c555f02c.png

image.png.032cdb46459fdb7a85689b30537539a6.png

Edited by CharlesFrancis
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 2:34 AM, Shidou said:

nope, false. It's a set % drop. You simply have to hit that % to make it drop.

Really?  I lost count at 500.  Obviously I used refills.  Koban 4672, 621 and 233.  

It is my fault.  i accept that.  I think I could go another 500 without success.  

I went  maybe 540 or 550.   My interest is diminished.  it is no ones fault by mine.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, CharlesFrancis said:

I understand that, they have clearly showed that they do not care much for losing their player base. We see these kinds of anti-consumer practices all over the gaming industry.

As long as people have this "Shut up and take my money" attitude why not.

I've seen it much worse with other games. Bloodbowl for example. Based on a board game with nice, rules that have been used and well play tested. First run there were bugs, not game destroying but still. What do they do, put out a second edition with more teams which should have been in the first edition, bugs fixed, nope. Everyone went out with the "Shut up and take my money" Never bothered to fix any bugs because well, why bother.

I am guessing for every person who is turned off by spending an unknown amount of kobon without knowing if you will get the girl there are others who will empty out their wallets, or their parent's wallets for the win. More money in that.

Then there are people like me, I used kobon to get the girl, it would have cost me 7 bucks but I managed to get those coins in game so I am not out any. So I have no reason to get pissed off. I figure the next legend event will be a few months away so I have plenty of time to bank up more coin for it and if it isn't a HC girl than I'll pass.

That being said if after blowing through all of my coin if I didn't get a payoff I would be a lot more hesitent on getting a monthly card out of spite. However I am guessing they make plenty off of the whales so I can go fornicate myself. It is what it is. At least the game is perfectly playable without spending money, double plus so considering how unimportant PvP is. I can defeat the last boss and I am just entering the forest region with fairy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Some other guy said:

As long as people have this "Shut up and take my money" attitude why not.

I've seen it much worse with other games. Bloodbowl for example. Based on a board game with nice, rules that have been used and well play tested. First run there were bugs, not game destroying but still. What do they do, put out a second edition with more teams which should have been in the first edition, bugs fixed, nope. Everyone went out with the "Shut up and take my money" Never bothered to fix any bugs because well, why bother.

True that! No one is more to blame for rise of anti-consumer practices than the consumers themselves.

People buying countless DLCs, pre-orders, and these gacha based "loot boxes", send message to developers that these are profitable ideas.

Its like forgiving a girlfriend that cheated on you, she will continue to cheat on you, and you got no one to blame but yourself.

stop sending money and they will adapt or go bankrupt, the game developers I mean. the gf just break off you deserve better, unless you r cheater urself, then u two (or three/four) deserve each other. lol

Edited by CharlesFrancis
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CharlesFrancis said:

Its like forgiving a girlfriend that cheated on you, she will continue to cheat on you, and you got no one to blame but yourself.

Just as you wrote this I was responding to an ex girlfriend who I have some reason to believe might have cheated on me. If our relationship was better I might give her the benefit of the doubt but the relationship was crap on so many levels and she is bat feces crazy and really stupid [but educated].

Coincidence.

HH relevance. Sometimes I think the fantasy world is better. Reality sucks.

5 minutes ago, Some other guy said:

Just as you wrote this I was responding to an ex girlfriend who I have some reason to believe might have cheated on me. If our relationship was better I might give her the benefit of the doubt but the relationship was crap on so many levels and she is bat feces crazy and really stupid [but educated].

Coincidence.

HH relevance. Sometimes I think the fantasy world is better. Reality sucks.

wow...that is some crazy coincidence.

dude it ain't my place to give advises and no one can tell you how to live your life, but I'm glad you decided to man up and not give in, just spend more time working on your job/study, enjoy life you got and you will attract someone that will treat you right.

reality can be harsh but you got only one life, and making peace with it is... wait I'm gonna stop myself before I sound old, i'm starting to sound like my father as time passes. im still in my 20s dammit

4 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Not always.  I got her in my oldest game at level 213.  However, the way we get punished is in the cost of upgrades for our newest harem acquisitions.  Sure, the more girls we get the more they payout from pimping them (presumably), but this isn't matched to the cost of upgrades.  Similarly, the later trolls pay out more when they are maxed out for XP or close to it, but there have been so many events that these later trolls have been bypassed for the likes of Dark Lord, Ninja Spy, etc, so that is not really an advantage unless we choose to skip getting event girls.

I'm glad hardcore players have been considered this round, but the anguish they have trying to capture this rare beast still seems like punishment.  It's the short 3 day duration that's the killer, but she is meant to be legendary after all.  I've found that the drop rate for her is about the same as for regular girls.  I'd returned to battling Sylvanus and I had Leeditt drop after around 60 tries, but it could just as easily been over 200 tries from past experience.  The 60 attempts is about the same as it took for Levitya to drop in that account.  It's usually (but not always) easier to get event girls from Dark Lord than for his regular girls so the drop rate for Levitya appears to be set the same as for regular girls.

I really really really dont mind paying more for their affection scenes just as long as i Can Get The Girls 

I seriously do not mind at a all spending an entire week upgrading a girl... JUST as Long as they drop.. 

so the game is still unfair when they dont drop. I wish the developers would let the girls drop easier and then change more for affection if they wanted. by now i dont care if i have to pay TWICE the price for affection just as long as i can get them 

8 minutes ago, jyepie said:

I really really really dont mind paying more for their affection scenes just as long as i Can Get The Girls 

I seriously do not mind at a all spending an entire week upgrading a girl... JUST as Long as they drop.. 

Thus.

I am reminded of the youtube video "Ultimate Dog Tease" which BTW is well done and funny.

Hey you know the roast beef we have.

Yup

I ate it.

Arrrggghhhh!

Hey remember that tuna I was saving

uh huh

I gave it to the cat

Arrrggghhhh

See that legendary girl

Yeah

Really powerful and we are going to make it easy to get, look at all these people who got it playing normal

Uh huh

You spent all those gold coins and got nothing

Arrrrgggghhh

I got her but I got the feels for anyone who pushed hard and got nuthin [we are going to make nuthing a thing here arn't we]

I am just glad I banked some coin or I never would have gotten her. At least I know to save a reserve of coin for situations like this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, CharlesFrancis said:

dude it ain't my place to give advises and no one can tell you how to live your life, but I'm glad you decided to man up and not give in, just spend more time working on your job/study, enjoy life you got and you will attract someone that will treat you right.

I am pushing 50. I am long past the 31 in the Garfunkel and Oates song 29/31.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Some other guy said:

I am pushing 50. I am long past the 31 in the Garfunkel and Oates song 29/31.

!!! I am sorry. I thought I was older, I really feel out of place trying to give advise to someone with far more life experience. haha.

you must've been like, what's this whelp think he is? lol

• Like 1

I have done over 200 battles and still not gotten her. At this point I'm not going to waste more kobans for refills that do absolutely nothing in increasing my chance of getting her. I'll use the points I get as time pasts, but at this point I doubt she'll drop and all this has done is convince me that the game isn't worth pouring money into since it won't help you get the girl because refilling just wastes money and you can just be patience and build up the kobans for epic pachinko and eventually drain that dry to the point that you can start getting all the limited girls released as they come back around. It seems legendary just means shes as hard to get as world girls and should have just been added permanently to the game like they were which is why they have the drop rate...and even then they are also in pachinko.

• Like 1

People seem to have a disproportionate response to not getting the event girl? Either through random number God shenanigans, being gated behind Epic Pachinko, or both, there are going to be drops each event you aren't able to acquire. Is that so much of a disappointment to quit a game that you've already demonstrated a strong enough attachment to spend actual real human money, as I'm assuming the major koban burners did?

Then again, I guess you guys are the desired fanbase of HH as people like me who don't care if the girl drops or not don't buy kobans to keep trying and trying and trying. So, I guess here's hoping the devs reward you for being willing to part with actual real human money?

It seems like a lot of negativity and disappointment over what is ostensibly a game though.

Hello,

I am so happy to see that you guys enjoy our event! :) 

GG to the ones that got the first HH Legendary girl!!!!!!!! And GL to the ones that are still in battles!!!!!

If you have any questions and doubts, ask me!

Best,
Jessie Kinkoid