Legendary Days Discussion

I was gonna respond to shidou first, but several others have gotten to him already so I'll save that for a bit.

I've been keeping up with this thread.  46 pages of mostly complaints, and now I feel like I can recap why a lot of this feels like a failure of an event, for many reasons, both from my own thoughts and others posts.  So let's go over it and count this failure by the numbers.

1. The advertising vs the actual girl.  Many that have her say she's really not that special and might even be a bitch to fully upgrade and even with that, she's not a game changer, your gear is.  for PvP her stats barely help.  She's not considered legendary by anyone, just 'better'.  And as the PvP focused players have said, she doesn't add that much to your battle stats or ego.

2. The time frame and time length of the event.  This feels like it was tacked in to fit between proper events.  4 days to get a super special girl, after we just got done with 2 other events in this month.  She should have been her own dedicated event instead of say another revival, hold a week long event to grab her.

3.  This was my personal biggest issue.  The whole process of how to get her.  This isn't even going into drop rates (yet).  She's hyped up to be a super special girl.  She's a must have and she's special.  So why wasn't there anything special about how to get her?  You click the battle button and maybe get the girl or maybe don't.  Add this to the lackluster stats and you see why she's not deserving of the title 'legendary'.

4.  The lack of any themeing or daily quests or anything.  This ties into number 2 as well.  If she'd been a full proper event we could have had daily events with a mini story around this girl, fleshed her out a bit even for those that wouldn't be able to drop her.  We could have had a new type of combat system or new process introduced, some new mechanics, but nope, just SSDD.

5.  Dodgy wording.  Many people feel tricked an manipulated about the drop rate.  'Adjusted' is about as sleazy and dodgy a word choice you can pick.  Remember when the devs said they didn't wanna publish drop rates because it might cause some backlash?  Well you got over 40 pages of backlash, and many games of this nature are REQUIRED BY LAW TO SHOW DROP RATES. @Asherandai my memory might be wrong on this, but after the initial changes didn't you say you were going to look into the law for europe and if they in fact have to show drop rates in games?  I'm pretty sure the topic got dropped when most players reported they weren't getting screwed on drop rates, but now might not be a bad time to revisit that.  This leads into the next point.

6.  The drop rate and lack of guarantee. I wanted to save this just because this is the main point that gets brought up the most and I wanted to draw focus to the other issues first.  There is exactly one thing that makes this girl different in all respects from the other girls and that is there was NO GUARANTEED WAY to get her.  Story girls you get as you play the story.  Boss girls you get after x number of fights and some luck.  Event girls have high drop rates, and pachinko girls are always in the system.  Plush you got the daily mission girls from the 14 day events.  And on event girls they are also in the pachinko system.  Now are you guaranteed to pull the right girl? No.  But there's only so many girls in the machine at any one time.  And if you spend the kobans for a 10x pull, even if you go through every other girl you don't have along the way, there is a (admittedly high) limit to how many tries it will take to get any given girl.  This is the first time there was no assured way to get this girl.  She wasn't in the machine, there wasn't a 'mercy pull' no raising battle chance, just a static undisclosed drop rate.

7. This is a new one but I'm putting it here, and that's the Shidou's replies.  Now you say you reply as a player, but you are also a mod here and you are also a patreon mod.  Let's be honest, you may not be a dev, but you are on their side.  You said you stated your opinion as a player.  I'm sorry but it's my opinion that you are not just speaking for yourself and you are trying to play defense for the devs.  You are really the first one to basically tell us all to stop whining and acting like spoiled brats.  And as you can see, it's not just the low drop rate that has upset us.  When there's 40+ pages of negative comments, coming in with the post you made and even saying the drop rate should be LOWER tells me you have a secondary agenda.  I'd ask what you think is fair but you've made it very clear that you think most the player base shouldn't get her or have a way to obtain her, which goes against the spirit of the game thus far.

8.  The lack of actual developer response.  They release this event and then fuck off for the weekend?  Look I dunno about all of you, but if i released a brand new event I'd be curious to see what people are saying, and I'd want to make a few posts, besides sending my PR person to keep encouraging players, (or have them post something like 'we are glad so many of you are enjoying the event' to prove they aren't actually paying attention and it's just a pre-scripted post.)  There was like one maybe two posts from kinkoid on this tread, one to confirm the girl was in the game, and the other to say when the event ends.  Nothing to say they were taking feedback into consideration, nothing about how they didn't think anyone would have to spend 1300 battles (not kobans, battles), nothing to actually encourage players or build their trust.  And it's during major events that you want to communicate with players the most, especially when one of your threads about said event is blowing up.

I had more written but this post is long enough and anything else starts to stray from my main point, which was why this event specifically was considered a failure.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

14 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

7. This is a new one but I'm putting it here, and that's the Shidou's replies.  Now you say you reply as a player, but you are also a mod here and you are also a patreon mod.  Let's be honest, you may not be a dev, but you are on their side.  You said you stated your opinion as a player.  I'm sorry but it's my opinion that you are not just speaking for yourself and you are trying to play defense for the devs.  You are really the first one to basically tell us all to stop whining and acting like spoiled brats.  And as you can see, it's not just the low drop rate that has upset us.  When there's 40+ pages of negative comments, coming in with the post you made and even saying the drop rate should be LOWER tells me you have a secondary agenda.  I'd ask what you think is fair but you've made it very clear that you think most the player base shouldn't get her or have a way to obtain her, which goes against the spirit of the game thus far.

8.  The lack of actual developer response.  They release this event and then fuck off for the weekend?  Look I dunno about all of you, but if i released a brand new event I'd be curious to see what people are saying, and I'd want to make a few posts, besides sending my PR person to keep encouraging players, (or have them post something like 'we are glad so many of you are enjoying the event' to prove they aren't actually paying attention and it's just a pre-scripted post.)  There was like one maybe two posts from kinkoid on this tread, one to confirm the girl was in the game, and the other to say when the event ends.  Nothing to say they were taking feedback into consideration, nothing about how they didn't think anyone would have to spend 1300 battles (not kobans, battles), nothing to actually encourage players or build their trust.  And it's during major events that you want to communicate with players the most, especially when one of your threads about said event is blowing up.

I had more written but this post is long enough and anything else starts to stray from my main point, which was why this event specifically was considered a failure.

Yes, I fully agree with you.  Thanks for posting that.  

• Like 1

I am sorry to all the players that failed to get the legendary event harem member to drop but they read your feedback even if they don't reply to your post so they can use that feedback for future events.

A counter like what boss girls have where every failed attempt increase the drop rate a little bit each time for event harem members would be the best suggestion instead of just increasing the drop rate because people will still be unlucky if they just increase it.

I made a suggestion to give players a second chance of getting the legendary event and if you want players to have a second chance at her then support it with a like. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

I was gonna respond to shidou first, but several others have gotten to him already so I'll save that for a bit.

I've been keeping up with this thread.  46 pages of mostly complaints, and now I feel like I can recap why a lot of this feels like a failure of an event, for many reasons, both from my own thoughts and others posts.  So let's go over it and count this failure by the numbers.

1. The advertising vs the actual girl.  Many that have her say she's really not that special and might even be a bitch to fully upgrade and even with that, she's not a game changer, your gear is.  for PvP her stats barely help.  She's not considered legendary by anyone, just 'better'.  And as the PvP focused players have said, she doesn't add that much to your battle stats or ego.

2. The time frame and time length of the event.  This feels like it was tacked in to fit between proper events.  4 days to get a super special girl, after we just got done with 2 other events in this month.  She should have been her own dedicated event instead of say another revival, hold a week long event to grab her.

3.  This was my personal biggest issue.  The whole process of how to get her.  This isn't even going into drop rates (yet).  She's hyped up to be a super special girl.  She's a must have and she's special.  So why wasn't there anything special about how to get her?  You click the battle button and maybe get the girl or maybe don't.  Add this to the lackluster stats and you see why she's not deserving of the title 'legendary'.

4.  The lack of any themeing or daily quests or anything.  This ties into number 2 as well.  If she'd been a full proper event we could have had daily events with a mini story around this girl, fleshed her out a bit even for those that wouldn't be able to drop her.  We could have had a new type of combat system or new process introduced, some new mechanics, but nope, just SSDD.

5.  Dodgy wording.  Many people feel tricked an manipulated about the drop rate.  'Adjusted' is about as sleazy and dodgy a word choice you can pick.  Remember when the devs said they didn't wanna publish drop rates because it might cause some backlash?  Well you got over 40 pages of backlash, and many games of this nature are REQUIRED BY LAW TO SHOW DROP RATES. @Asherandai my memory might be wrong on this, but after the initial changes didn't you say you were going to look into the law for europe and if they in fact have to show drop rates in games?  I'm pretty sure the topic got dropped when most players reported they weren't getting screwed on drop rates, but now might not be a bad time to revisit that.  This leads into the next point.

6.  The drop rate and lack of guarantee. I wanted to save this just because this is the main point that gets brought up the most and I wanted to draw focus to the other issues first.  There is exactly one thing that makes this girl different in all respects from the other girls and that is there was NO GUARANTEED WAY to get her.  Story girls you get as you play the story.  Boss girls you get after x number of fights and some luck.  Event girls have high drop rates, and pachinko girls are always in the system.  Plush you got the daily mission girls from the 14 day events.  And on event girls they are also in the pachinko system.  Now are you guaranteed to pull the right girl? No.  But there's only so many girls in the machine at any one time.  And if you spend the kobans for a 10x pull, even if you go through every other girl you don't have along the way, there is a (admittedly high) limit to how many tries it will take to get any given girl.  This is the first time there was no assured way to get this girl.  She wasn't in the machine, there wasn't a 'mercy pull' no raising battle chance, just a static undisclosed drop rate.

I have a feeling they might've been too scared to face all the vitriol.  As a bit of a coward, I'd run for cover in their shoes.  Jessie Chan fronted up to introduce the whole debacle as support queen and PR, but ran for the hills straight after.  But even Mark Zuckerberg failed to front up in Europe and the UK over the Cambridge Analytics scandal.  He left it to the underlings to face the flack and the hard questions.  This is normal for huge businesses, but I guess for HH there weren't enough staffers far enough away from the action to be immune from the backlash ("I was just following orders" said the worst of the Nazi WWII criminals -  HH haven't got this luxury).  We'll see what happens.

If they're worth their salt, they will do an analysis of all these responses and come up with a plan of action, but I don't believe the outcome will necessarily be as we expect or want.  By the way, I think psychometric testing would be affordable and there are software and analytical tools available open source now.  The difference with this sample is that it's already out there and no questionnaire would be necessary - no chance for people to lie or fudge their responses.  Some of it was pretty heartfelt, angry and emotional; a perfect sample in fact with 40 pages and counting to use.  But we already unwittingly said things that would be music to the ears of a game company that has a strong element of gambling as its focus.

They will make changes to keep us all happy, but let's not forget they have a business to run at the end of the day.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
typo

I don't think it really matters anymore for me if this staff takes anything into account.  For me personally, they do not have to do it to make me reconsider going for another Legendary event if they plan it.  This is because mainly how Shidou has responded, "calling anyone that was complaining whiners and spoiled brats" next to him thinking, 'Drop rate could be lower cause he thinks the Drop rate was still too high".  He has said things, that made more damage that can't be really fixed.  Like I said, I will play... But I won't do combat refills anymore.  If I don't get the girl the event has, then so be it.  Pretty simple in my and for my case.  Shidou thinks people have to spent over € 200,00 at least cause that is what it costs in using over 30.000 kobans to do combat refills to do 3000 fights to get a few drawings of a claimed legendary girl. Not gonna happen.

Edited by Encino
  • Like 1

When will you people realize that whatever Shidou says, is not remotely representing Kinkoid's ideas.
He's really just another player, who happens to have moderator powers right now, because they didn't appoint proper forum moderators yet (which in fact they are busy with).
He's a wiki maintainer, and therefore got a moderator role in the discord, which lead to him getting moderator functions on the forum.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jyepie said:

what a horrible and depressing way to look at this game. you might as well play with the idea that no girls will ever drop ever. 

if we all played like you do no one would bother to buy kobans to be honest. whats the point of getting kobans if the girls wont drop. thats a horribly pessimistic way to play this game

and the sad thing is, you might be Absolutely right. this is how everyone should play then, NOT expecting girl to drop so therefore why waste real money on it 

Not a depressing way at all.
I'm realistic that in a RNG driven system, you won't get everything.
Whereas everyone else in here seems to be driven by emotion and first instinct.
And see where it leads you; straight into the saltmine where everybody is frustrated.
You got to learn to relax over this, because it's just a game.
I want the girls just as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to make a big fuzz about it if I happen to not get one.
You have your favourites, and you will do whatever it takes to get her, but don't go bananas because you failed to get her.
Heck, I was salty when I didn't get Virginia again, but I am too laid back, so I was very aware that in the current system that was the most likely outcome.

tldr; emotions are fine, but don't let them take control over your mind. It never leads to proper feedback. It only leads to a few (yes a few, just count the number of different players that replied) players driving eachother to great heights in frustration.
What did they gain from doing that? Absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

Ok, I was going to let things go Chthugha.  I know you once helped me figure something out.  But now you are only trying to defend those that have that golden color around their posts when you should know that Shidou has acted like a Moderator on the forum warning people about going offtopic..  That feedback has to be posted in the Feedback subforum.  etc etc.   If he isn't a real Moderator as you now claim, he should then not abuse it if he is just another player like all of us. 

And as I can recall, he even said he was a Moderator one time. After someone said he had the Discord Moderator title/tag so it was not for this forum.  But I am sorry, I am not going to spit through the forum to find those messages.  If this forum role is not suppose to be there, should it not be fixed asap?  Cause we see he has Moderator tag and so we see him as a Moderator.  And what he said, is then considered coming from a Moderator.  That is how I see it.

Edited by Encino
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Shidou said:

There would be no issue with levi's base as you got the drop. But everybody keeps forgetting there are girls on the background in their final pose, may it be a 3 or 5 star. They're spoilers. And don't worry, the warnings don't mean anything bad for your account.

However true that is, the game does it too. When I battle people it just shows me the 5 star pics full wether I got that myself or not. People who battle me see Fairy 5 stars too. 

I think the rule is a bit obsolete now, though I wish it wasn't. Luckily the upgrade scenes are still secret. 

• Like 1

And I also take offence of being called a whining spoiled brat because I have tried to voice legitimite problems with events lime this. The closest thing to this I ever saw kn MMO's I played is the Slotmachines in swtor. With abyssal droprates for the jackpot prize. But guess what, after days if grinding I didn't get it. But i did not complain and did not feel cheated. There were other rewards and up front honesty about the very very low droprate. 

Everything else they did had rewards that were buyable either for real money or in game auction. And they were cosmetic, not the 'strongest in the game'. True ir not, that's how it was advertised. 

Instead of calling people brats, maybe learn something from well voiced critisism. I don't care how or why someone is a moderator. Moderator is moderator. 

And no, I did not lose money in this event. Its not the first game like this I play. After Family Guy's Quest for stuff, I know all the tricks in the book. And even there I only spent ever so ofter a small amount. 

Oh, and the writer of the super heroes event sure has balls. After this event, writing 'kobans come and kobans go' must have pissed of a few people. 😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My two cents here: IMO, best choice for the future is introducing a "mercy drop" after a huge number of tries (between 500-1000 depending on the number of days the event last). 

In addition, by making public the drop rate people would know exactly if the event worth their kobans or not. It seems that there are lots of complaints regarding the fact that many people though the drop rate was higher than it was. Specially if we take into account that "the imposing stats" of Leviya turned this event into some kind of "mandatory thing" for many players.

It´s true that the event felt a bit frustrating due to the fact that you started wasting all your free tries and, during the last day, huge amounts of kobans (not so huge for me) without knowing if you would get Levitya, I think this kind of games should help people forget about real life worries rather than applying real life rules. We all know that In real life sometimes you work hard for whatever you want and fail anyway, of course.

Despite the frustrating moments thanks anyway: I really appreciate the efforts and good intentions of the developers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chthugha said:

tldr; emotions are fine, but don't let them take control over your mind. It never leads to proper feedback. It only leads to a few (yes a few, just count the number of different players that replied) players driving eachother to great heights in frustration.

With all due respect, the argument that only a few ppl give feedback, is simply false.

Granted that there are few that are very vocal. But if you actually counted the number of first time posters in this thread you'll find that that number is far from few. I've never seen so many new posters, not even in the great nerf patch of mid February. As a matter of fact it struck me so much I already commented on it 20 pages ago.

It is also flawed, as it is commonly known that for every voiced copmplaint there are 10 or more that go unheard.

Lastly: the only way to gain nothing is to do nothing.

Keep playing, have fun, play nice.:P

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dirty harry said:

With all due respect, the argument that only a few ppl give feedback, is simply false.

Granted that there are few that are very vocal. But if you actually counted the number of first time posters in this thread you'll find that that number is far from few. I've never seen so many new posters, not even in the great nerf patch of mid February. As a matter of fact it struck me so much I already commented on it 20 pages ago.

It is also flawed, as it is commonly known that for every voiced copmplaint there are 10 or more that go unheard.

Lastly: the only way to gain nothing is to do nothing.

Keep playing, have fun, play nice.:P

and now put it to the test and divide it by the total player base (you can even exclude all the players in the ToF with 1000 Mojo still.
That would leave you with about 60k players.
So let's say it's 60 different players (which I don't think we even reach), then it's still just 0.1% of the playerbase on HH, excluding the playerbase on Nutaku.
It's also a known fact that forums are breeding grounds for negativity, especially forums for games.

There's 47 pages now, I doubt we would actually reach 10 with decent well constructed feedback.

3 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Not a depressing way at all.
I'm realistic that in a RNG driven system, you won't get everything.
Whereas everyone else in here seems to be driven by emotion and first instinct.
And see where it leads you; straight into the saltmine where everybody is frustrated.
You got to learn to relax over this, because it's just a game.
I want the girls just as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to make a big fuzz about it if I happen to not get one.
You have your favourites, and you will do whatever it takes to get her, but don't go bananas because you failed to get her.
Heck, I was salty when I didn't get Virginia again, but I am too laid back, so I was very aware that in the current system that was the most likely outcome.

The people should understand the girl wont drop easily and buying kobans is a waste of time. right? 

thats your strategy? People should be Realistic right? 

girls are very hard to drop, right? 
therefore buying kobans should never be a priority, instead people should just accept that girls have a very low drop rate and no amount of kobans will fix hat. 
thiis is how you feel then by all means 

2 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

and now put it to the test and divide it by the total player base (you can even exclude all the players in the ToF with 1000 Mojo still.
That would leave you with about 60k players.
So let's say it's 60 different players (which I don't think we even reach), then it's still just 0.1% of the playerbase on HH, excluding the playerbase on Nutaku.
It's also a known fact that forums are breeding grounds for negativity, especially forums for games.

There's 47 pages now, I doubt we would actually reach 10 with decent well constructed feedback.

There's two newbies on this page alone and it has some looooooooong posts.

And Newbies typically don't come in with well constructed feedback. That would be the few you mentioned and therefore they should be heeded.

Most newbies just post once or twice and then leave.

Edited by dirty harry

Here is my opinion. I also think that with a rng drop system, not everyone can get the girls, but that is factoring in the regular battle drop system. If your just some player and doing a 4 day event, doing about 200 battles if you are on and battling each day for 48-50 per day. Sure, I don't think the drop rate should be where you will probably get the girl. 1 in 200? no. But then again, the drop rate shouldnt' be so low that someone who actually spends extra to battle to get the girl won't get her due to the weird drop system. Someone who does their normal 200 battles during the event, a chance. Someone who does 1000 battles, using kobans to get the girl, yea, should get them, or at least most who put that much effort should. That is why you have an increasing chance in the drop system, so you take into account someone who is spending kobans to get the girl actually has a chance to get them without doing 1300 battles extra and still not getting them. 

Reward the people buying your product, don't penalize then with bad rng events where they will go "forget this, I won't buy kobans again" use your brain devs, the goal is to keep your customers.  You spend 5000+ kobans for the 10x epic for a guaranteed girl drop. Figure out a method to guarantee a drop for someone who's blowing 10k kobans on your "event" girl. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jyepie said:

The people should understand the girl wont drop easily and buying kobans is a waste of time. right? 

thats your strategy? People should be Realistic right? 

girls are very hard to drop, right? 
therefore buying kobans should never be a priority, instead people should just accept that girls have a very low drop rate and no amount of kobans will fix hat. 
thiis is how you feel then by all means 

And now actually say what you want to say, because this is a whole load of nothing.
Players that aren't lead by first emotions, can perfectly make the decision to put money towards something they like.
They have their first emotions, but before doing anything they weigh if the thing they want is worth the money.

However, I also said that it's problematic that there are people who bought extra kobans but didn't get the girl.
That's regardless of how they came to the decision of buying the kobans.
All I am saying here is that when you buy kobans for basically a lotery, that you should be very aware that it might not give you the outcome you want to see.

17 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

There's two newbies on this page alone and it has some looooooooong posts.

And Newbies typically don't come in with well constructed feedback. That would be the few you mentioned and therefore they should be heeded.

Most newbies just post once or twice and then leave.

I'm willing to take the newbie posts into account for the well constructed feedback, and then I still stand by what I said.

12 minutes ago, eolsunder said:

Here is my opinion. I also think that with a rng drop system, not everyone can get the girls, but that is factoring in the regular battle drop system. If your just some player and doing a 4 day event, doing about 200 battles if you are on and battling each day for 48-50 per day. Sure, I don't think the drop rate should be where you will probably get the girl. 1 in 200? no. But then again, the drop rate shouldnt' be so low that someone who actually spends extra to battle to get the girl won't get her due to the weird drop system. Someone who does their normal 200 battles during the event, a chance. Someone who does 1000 battles, using kobans to get the girl, yea, should get them, or at least most who put that much effort should. That is why you have an increasing chance in the drop system, so you take into account someone who is spending kobans to get the girl actually has a chance to get them without doing 1300 battles extra and still not getting them. 

Reward the people buying your product, don't penalize then with bad rng events where they will go "forget this, I won't buy kobans again" use your brain devs, the goal is to keep your customers.  You spend 5000+ kobans for the 10x epic for a guaranteed girl drop. Figure out a method to guarantee a drop for someone who's blowing 10k kobans on your "event" girl. 

Chthugha would say that punishing your devoted players is a great way to motivate your player base and he would probably say that making people waste their kobans is an amazing way to motivate people to buy more LOL  xD"
" they punish their players because they love their players LMAO" if you make your player base miserable then job well done xD

Edited by jyepie
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

I'm willing to take the newbie posts into account for the well constructed feedback, and then I still stand by what I said.

That's your prerogative.

btw: Your posts in this thread make a lot of sense, especially that the discussion should not be led by emotions (I'm paraphrasing here).

That being said not everybody communicates in the same way. And even though an argument may come from a emotional place does not mean it has no validity. I know that's not what you said but people - rational as well as emotional - feel the need to be heard. That's why Shidou's remark raised a little outburst of it's own.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dirty harry said:

That's your prerogative.

btw: Your posts in this thread make a lot of sense, especially that the discussion should not be led by emotions (I'm paraphrasing here).

That being said not everybody communicates in the same way. And even though an argument may come from a emotional place does not mean it has no validity. I know that's not what you said but people - rational as well as emotional - feel the need to be heard. That's why Shidou's remark raised a little outburst of it's own.

I agree with you, and a first emotional reaction has value, and should not be disregarded.
But once you repeat it over and over again, it just starts to put yourself in a bad spotlight, and it doesn't do you any good anymore.
Especially since there were players who are just throwing fuel on the fire.
I cannot stand that behaviour, so I resist it.
But I also feel that the general feeling on the forum was that it wasn't a great trial.
The devs should acknowledge that, and make a statement about it.
It's also the reason why I started the poll.
Just to filter things a bit.

I'm not going to talk about Shidou though.
That's for Jessie/Kinkoid to decide.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

I'm not going to talk about Shidou though.
That's for Jessie/Kinkoid to decide.

Please don't misunderstand.

Shidou's remark was just an observation to exemplify the point I was making about different styles of communication. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by dirty harry