What is "Harmony" stat

casey

Can someone explain the "Harmony" stat to me

I'm a hardcore player and have the opportunity of buying a 2400 point "Harmony" item in the marketplace

It would replace a 1600 point hardcore item, would I be better off stats wise doing this?

It basically replaces crits, and holy shit am I glad for that.  Go to the home page, check the patch notes, and don't read too deeply into the discussion thread because damn it's opinionated and full of bad math.  As for your purchase, I currently believe you'd be out of your mind forfeiting a 16K hardcore item, but for the time being, buy the marketplace item and don't sell either.

yep harmony is the new critical system. Instead of doing a critical hit, it will do a function depending on what your build main is. You can also increase it with items, boosts, and "balancing" your stats. Some benefits... can reach high harmony compared to the old 25% max critical system. This lets you use your special abilities more in battles. double damage, healing, blocking attacks, depending on your main focus. 

This also has change how equipment works, especially the legendary "all" gear, which boosts everything. Before, a high piece of gear solely in your focus (hardcore) was better than a high piece of gear that boosted everything. Now, since harmony is based on your 3 stats averaging more, those multi-boost legendary gear items are worthwhile again. It depends on what you are building. You can still pick a high hardcore items build, which will let you do more damage, but not pull off any special moves much. Or you can focus on a multi-boost gear build which will lessen your main damage but increase the rate of your special moves. Just lets you focus on different types depending on what you like, what you find in the store, etc.

9 hours ago, saberbholt said:

nothing because don't work how was designate, in my chase is a number who changes for 45.70% to 30..82% from day to day when upper the amount of her

because you dont read the patchnotes and dont understand how harmony works 
harmony in combat is 50% and depending on your and your opponents value harmony is split - if both have the exact same amout both players will have 25%, if a player has 0 he will have 0% and his opponent 50% - if someone has 1000 and the other one has 4000 they will have 10% and 40% respectively. you get the point 

basically your harmony % will be [your harmony/(your harmony+opponent harmony)]*0.5*100

Edited by wthvr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To add to the original question, can anyone confirm exactly how you increase your harmony stat?  From what I think I understand, you can increase your base harmony in 3 ways:

1) Buy stat upgrades in the shop.  Specifically, it looks like increasing your tertiary stat directly adds to harmony (I don't think main or secondary stat affects it)

2) Use gear with harmony.  I don't know if tertiary stat on gear or any other stat on gear contributes to harmony, but I don't think so.

3) Use a harmony booster.

From running some tests with my girls, it does not look like they affect your harmony stat at all.

Is there any other way to increase harmony?  The reason I ask is that I am constantly battling opponents who have more harmony than they should have based on what I'm looking at.  For example, if I am higher level than an opponent (and I have maxed all market stats) and they have NO harmony on their gear, how am I several hundred harmony below them?  This happens often.  Are they ALL using harmony boosters or am I missing something?

The game is becoming more and more mired in complexity.  Do we need to have calculators with us when we choose which opponent to battle, what girls we select and what equipment to buy?  The harmony system is another complication to get our heads around.  I am not a mathematician so I'm still feeling my way around it.  Here's my ten cents worth...

It still seems pretty random and appears to be based on three additional factors:  (1) Wild burst (where one's ego becomes slashed according to one's defence and your opponent's secondary attack power - like the old critical damage), (2) Narcissism (ability to resist damage for a hit to a greater or lesser extent) and (3) reassurance (a boost to one's ego for the hit and this seems be be proportionate to your opponent's harmony and attack power).

These three components are meant to be related to the harmony held (according to the Yin and Yang icon displayed with items) and according to the class stats held.  Yes, it seems to be true that it is balanced across your opponent too, but proportionate to the harmony each of you hold, as was pointed out.

Even with relative harmony of (say) 10% and my opponent with 40% I can still get enough ego restoration and my opponent suffer enough wild burst attacks for me to win.  It can also go the other way and there is a strong element of random chance as I said above.  Success still depends on one's class stats and attack power and how much a wild burst attack can inflict damage to your opponent's ego, or your defence can resist attacks on yours.

One thing I have found with the new system, when my opponent is evenly matched to me the battle can last much longer, especially with alternate wild burst and reassurance activity, plus that holding measure, narcissism.  This means both teams' girls orgasm a lot more frequently meaning your choice of beta and omega girls becomes really important, especially for defence and one's ability to inflict more damaging wild burst attacks due to superior critical (now known as wild burst) stats.

Even the choice of girl outside your own class may be worth thinking about (and I know some players have already).  For example, in my two top know-how accounts I use Princess Noemy (charm) as my beta girl.  I have her at 4 stars and she has good enough know-how stats to add usefully to my team's overall attack power without too much penalty, plus the benefit of better defence against other classes (notably charm).  This may change, however, once I manage to upgrade Samane to her 5th star in both these accounts.

Not only does my ability to withstand attack increase significantly when Noemy comes on, but wild burst attacks on my opponents have more punch.  It's interesting to watch battle progress.  Once she comes into play I seem to be able to come from behind and win a lot of the time.  My opponents' normal hits on my ego suffer a reduction (10-20%).  Of course, I can come up against opponents with the same strategy and I can face defeat accordingly.  My biggest nemesis lately have been hardcore opponents with upgraded Justine or Levitya as their betas.  I have a lot of trouble beating them even with comparable stats and egos.

In other words, I still lose more than I want and, in my hardcore accounts, my performances have been pretty awful to say the least.  I just can't get the right girls or they aren't upgraded far enough yet (I wasn't lucky enough to get Levitya in these accounts, nor was I able to have Justine drop for me in these accounts in the Back to School event).  Furthermore, the choice of hardcore equipment from the shop I can use has been, at best, average so far and I've sold more stuff than I've kept when I win it.   Maybe another stint at Epic Pachinko might be worth a go in order to get multi-stat legendary items with harmony included.  I try to avoid using boosters due to their limited life and high cost.

In short, choice of equipment is still this damned balancing act between harmony and good enough stats to match your class, but I'm yet to be certain that low harmony incurs the penalty one might expect if one's overall stats are good enough in the first place.

• Thanks 1

yea going to take some balance to figure it out. For instance, if you drop your main stat with gear, picking up multi stat gear that lowers your main damage but increases your harmony chance effect by a lot. You'll do less main damage but process your ability more. But lets say your ability is double damage. Just how much more are you doing if you go from 25% to 50% harmony, but dropping your base damage a lot. You do double damage 50% of the time, but your lower base damage might mean you're doing the same damage overall. Just something to figure out. Me, i'm keeping 2 sets of gear, 1 for main stat boost like before, and 1 multi legendary gear. Interesting to test them out, maybe can switch based on the gear your opponent has.

8 hours ago, eolsunder said:

yea going to take some balance to figure it out. For instance, if you drop your main stat with gear, picking up multi stat gear that lowers your main damage but increases your harmony chance effect by a lot. You'll do less main damage but process your ability more. But lets say your ability is double damage. Just how much more are you doing if you go from 25% to 50% harmony, but dropping your base damage a lot. You do double damage 50% of the time, but your lower base damage might mean you're doing the same damage overall. Just something to figure out. Me, i'm keeping 2 sets of gear, 1 for main stat boost like before, and 1 multi legendary gear. Interesting to test them out, maybe can switch based on the gear your opponent has.

I calculated that in another thread and as for HC you always loose damage by switching to rainbows. But there is still uses for rainbows to HC though. Higher harmony doesn't just mean that you get to do your crit more often, it also means that your opponent gets it less.

I don't get why Harmony should be a 50% cap between the two players instead of just increasing the stat of each player independently. Some people may argue that it will make it unbalanced, but for the ones choosing to invest in it, that'll cost them a loss of other main stats. Moreover it's not a simple critical strike anymore, but adds some interesting mechanics(arguably unbalanced) into play.

8 hours ago, eolsunder said:

That's counterintuitive play for two reasons:
1st there is a cap of 50% and almost never you will be able to reach it as the other player will have at least 5%.
2nd the abilities of the girls are not simple criticals anymore. Surely you can put girls from a different spec into your team, but that will also cost you additional damage and endurance. And for the charm players the defense bonus from Narcisism can't quite compensate the loss of endurance and damage they are going to sacrifice. Trust me i've already tried going full rainbow gear...
Though i guess it might do wonders in a Know How(as they are quite though with the new heal) or Hardcore account if sb has tried it please share your experience.