Patch Notes 12/09/18 Discussion self made & unofficial

windia

9 minutes ago, Hotless said:

Yeah, as of today the mission exp. is officially halved but the duration remained the same!

Before the update: 15 minutes to receive 1200 exp.

After the update: 15 minutes to receive 600 exp.

Good job devs, good job.

Why did you expect the duration to change? There was nothing about that mentioned in the patch notes.

46 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Why did you expect the duration to change? There was nothing about that mentioned in the patch notes.

Because it's fair maybe ??

and i didn't expect anything other besides what is writen in the patch notes, it's just my wishful thinking.

On the upside, the XP reductions have been done in such a way that players at all levels are affected equally. Mathematically speaking, to make up the lost XP, every player needs to win 12.09 league matches per day against opponents of the same level. (Or of course more or fewer if the opponents are at different levels, but same-level provides a good baseline for the calculation.)

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, windia said:

I don't understand (and disagree) why the reduction of XP for daily missions need to take place _before_ the league system goes online. Because the league system is the reason for reduction, not the other way round.

because this way they have done it in one patch instead of two? that´s called efficient working...

and it is just four days... and they same for everyone... you´ll survive it, why not calm down?

this is really nothing important to go crazy about...

23 hours ago, Chthugha said:

@Observer_X how is leveling up slower of importance if you don't care about PvP anyway.

I think I was misunderstood here (seems to happen quite often to me lately, maybe I'll go deeper on this elsewhere). I wrote I don't love combat, not that I don't care for it. More exactly, I don't love the fact that the game has evolved towards a more combat-oriented game, penalizing (and maybe I should add making less happy) the non combat-lovers in the process. I think i wrote somewhere else I am a dedicated player: when I am at my PC, I use a timer program to be the most punctual possible when the 30-minutes game timer for arena refresh ends, to gather as much battles as I can as a free player. That said, there are parts of Harem Heroes I unconditionally love, and there are others I don't love. Combat and leagues fall in the "don't love" category, in particular because of the way they are structured (I'm referring in particular to the matching / mojo system, which in my humble opinion should be greatly improved). Elsewhere I said also I am a particularly nitpicky person: this means that, although I said that (knowing myself) I will feel constrained to do it, even for the bare minimum gain I will surely compete in the leagues, simply I won't do it with jumps of joy, because as a non-combat lover I would have liked to see the game evolve in a different direction (please don't lose time remembering me that the leagues were long announced, I know that very well).

On the matter of level progressing, personally I consider the reaching of level 400 one of the major objectives of the game. Previously I had made a rough memory calculation that said that from my actual level, with the progressive increasing of daily missions xp awards, I would have reached the objective in 18-24 months. Now, talking about myself, the probably future poor results in the leagues will hardly match the lost half in my daily mission XP rewards, meaning that the number of months to reach the objective will increase. Up to now I had good times with Harem Heroes, but, apart the fact in the future my life should quickly change, even now I have other issues (some important, other not) to attend. I would like to see the end of the game and reach the objective of the maximum level, simply at the moment I don't know if the good times (especially considering the direction the game has evolved) will last for more than two years. And, as a nitpicky one, I would be really displeased to have thrown away all this time because I ended with a fistful of flies.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DHarry said:

I stopped reading about yhe otherwise interesting league system when it said you can buy more matches with kobans. End of competition, just who wants to toss the most cash. 

Sadface

Pretty much this. It doesn't matter how interesting or even fun this new league could be. There is no competition as long as you can buy more tries with money. 

14 hours ago, DHarry said:

I stopped reading about yhe otherwise interesting league system when it said you can buy more matches with kobans. End of competition, just who wants to toss the most cash. 

Sadface

At the lower level leagues it may not be worth while to spend many Kobans to get extra matches/ fights

it was different on the test server with a league on a daily base,

but on a two-week-base it wont be worth spending kobans to win the competition.

divided by 14 the daily value of the rewards is simply too small for that,

but some might consider to spend kobans to farm more xp...

it will be difficult so to see the difference on the league tables...

I'll let everybody blow their steam, and then go up in the leagues (unless I just happen to go up).
Not going to make a big deal out of it.

But anyway, I'm still puzzled as to why the loss in XP is such a big deal, but I keep forgetting other people might have other objectives in a game like this.
It's similar to how I fail to understand the hardcore group of Mojo farmers on this server.

Should this read "rare or common" as it does for the lowest tier awards of the other league levels?

At the end of a season, players will be rewarded for their position in the league as the following :
  • Wanker 1 :
    • For the 1st of the league : 120 kobans, between 520.000 to 700.000 ymen (based on your level) and an epic book
    • From the 2nd to the 4th : 48 kobans, up to 280.000 ymen (based on your level) and epic or rare book (randomly chosen)
    • From the 5th to the 15th : 24  kobans, up to 140.000 ymen (based on your level) and an epic or rare book (randomly chosen)
    • From the 16th to the 75th : 6  kobans, up to 49.000 ymen (based on your level) and an epic, rare or common book (randomly chosen)
    • From the 76th and beyond : up to 7.000 ymen (based on your level) and a rare book (randomly chosen)

Edited by _shal_

Ich denke, es geht um mehr als nur Spieler, die bereits mit dem alten System Level 200+ gemacht haben, für alle anderen wird es doppelt so lange dauern. Auch wenn dieses Ligasystem ich noch nicht kenne, das kompensiert das nicht.       

Now that I have tested the league system I have to revise my statement. You get the same XP as before, at least sometimes more sometimes sometimes less. So I get used to the next time to testify when I have all the facts.

Edited by Amarusan
More information
  • Like 1

Activities

• To balance the gain of experience provided by the leagues, you will now be rewarded half the quantity of experience for each daily mission

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And today is allready 17 th? As I see all that, you extremlly provide payers against non-payers. Now we have no chance to catch "first ones" om leathers. I understand you, but don't like. And my counting. This. Is. Third. Time.

On 9/13/2018 at 7:41 PM, Skiron said:

because this way they have done it in one patch instead of two? that´s called efficient working...

It is somehow sarcastic - but this efficiency did not work today in the morning... 

If I had to guess - than the upscaling from test to live. Live bracket building for 2 mio players could be more complex than for 2 thousand on test

Edited by windia

48 minutes ago, windia said:

If I had to guess - than the upscaling from test to live. Live bracket building for 2 mio players could be more complex than for 2 thousand on test

Yeah, that's my suspicion, too. The leagues tab was actually accessible after the daily rollover, just without the leagues having started. Wasn't until a few minutes later that the Tower stopped being available. Wouldn't surprise me if the bracket building routine finished a bit too late, and all hell broke loose when it did finish with the deadline already gone.