How you doing in the "League"

casey

Welcome to snowman22's Stupid Math Tricks.

Even though he was only level 228 snowman22 was doing fine in Wanker III. There was one small problem. How could he easily tell if an opponent had lost a match? Checking if 234 was a multiple of 3 is a difficult mental task if your head is composed of compressed snow with a few bits of sticks and leaves mixed in.

Then snowman22 remembered a math teacher from his youth who knew many arcane math tricks. snowman22 looked the dude up on FB. The last entry was a tale of woe ending with a vow to withdraw from society and retreat to a remote mountain-top in Kyrgyzstan.

Two days later snowman22 was toiling his way up a mountain in Kyrgyzstan. He amused himself as he toiled by planning witty opening greetings to get the old dude in a good mood. The wind howled as he clutched his tattered Legendary SS Expert Buff T-shirt closer about him. snowman22 only had 2 Legendary SS items and the T-shirt was 70 levels old and almost out of goodness. snowman22 needed every edge to compete with the level 270s that dominated Wanker III.

After much toiling snowman22 reached a small cave near the summit. Seated in the snow in front of the cave was a wizened figure! Before snowman22 could say a word the old math teacher held up a single finger and spoke thus:
    If you say 'I want to buy a vowel.' I will throw you off this mountain!

snowman22 reconsidered his witty greeting.

The old math teacher took in snowman22's tattered T-shirt, his newish, shiny legendary lightning bolt and his epic SS items and agreed to help. He spoke thus:
    Determining if a number is divisible by 2, 5, or 10 is easy.
    Just look at the rightmost digit.
    3 is also easy but you need to look at all the digits.
    Add 'em up. If the sum of the digits is divisible by 3 so is the number.
    You can ignore all 0s (of course), 3s, 6s and 9s.

I.e.: 225: 2 + 2 + 5 = 9. 9 divisible by 3. 225 is divisible by 3.
          251: 2 + 5 + 1 = 8. Not divisible by 3.
          591: 5 + 1 = 6. Divisible by 3. (You can ignore the 9).

Now, get off my mountain!

As he returned home snowman22 kept the old math teacher's wisdom in his heart (which was also composed of packed snow with added detritus, including one suspicious lump of yellow snow that snowman22 did not like to think about).

Now how to go about getting purpler.

TL;DR: if xyz divisible by 3 so is x+y+z and vice versa.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thinking 3

22 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

Welcome to snowman22's Stupid Math Tricks.

Even though he was only level 228 snowman22 was doing fine in Wanker III. There was one small problem. How could he easily tell if an opponent had lost a match? Checking if 234 was a multiple of 3 is a difficult mental task if your head is composed of compressed snow with a few bits of sticks and leaves mixed in.

Then snowman22 remembered a math teacher from his youth who knew many arcane math tricks. snowman22 looked the dude up on FB. The last entry was a tale of woe ending with a vow to withdraw from society and retreat to a remote mountain-top in Kyrgyzstan.

Two days later snowman22 was toiling his way up a mountain in Kyrgyzstan. He amused himself as he toiled by planning witty opening greetings to get the old dude in a good mood. The wind howled as he clutched his tattered Legendary SS Expert Buff T-shirt closer about him. snowman22 only had 2 Legendary SS items and the T-shirt was 70 levels old and almost out of goodness. snowman22 needed every edge to compete with the level 270s that dominated Wanker III.

After much toiling snowman22 reached a small cave near the summit. Seated in the snow in front of the cave was a wizened figure! Before snowman22 could say a word the old math teacher held up a single finger and spoke thus:
    If you say 'I want to buy a vowel.' I will throw you off this mountain!

snowman22 reconsidered his witty greeting.

The old math teacher took in snowman22's tattered T-shirt, his newish, shiny legendary lightning bolt and his epic SS items and agreed to help. He spoke thus:
    Determining if a number is divisible by 2, 5, or 10 is easy.
    Just look at the rightmost digit.
    3 is also easy but you need to look at all the digits.
    Add 'em up. If the sum of the digits is divisible by 3 so is the number.
    You can ignore all 0s (of course), 3s, 6s and 9s.

I.e.: 225: 2 + 2 + 5 = 9. 9 divisible by 3. 225 is divisible by 3.
          251: 2 + 5 + 1 = 8. Not divisible by 3.
          591: 5 + 1 = 6. Divisible by 3. (You can ignore the 9).

Now, get off my mountain!

As he returned home snowman22 kept the old math teacher's wisdom in his heart (which was also composed of packed snow with added detritus, including one suspicious lump of yellow snow that snowman22 did not like to think about).

Now how to go about getting purpler.

TL;DR: if xyz divisible by 3 so is x+y+z and vice versa.

or you can do what most people would: grab a calculator or start your calculator app on your computer:D

34 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

TL;DR: if xyz divisible by 3 so is x+y+z and vice versa

You can extend that actually. If the sum of the digits is 3x, the player has lost 3n fights. If the sum is 3x+1, They've lost 3n+1 fights, and if the sum is 3x+2, they've lost 3n+2 fights.

If you're tracking a particular player very closely, you can do the same in the change in their scores. For example, the first place in my league had 606 points this morning. Right now, he has 653. A difference of 47. So he's lost 2 or 5 or 8 etc. (3x+2) fights in the past 10 hours. By tracking his score change for the past day, I know he's lost at least 5 fights total, and even though he's spent kobans on 2 refills, I will be able to pass him before the end of the league.

I cannot take first (too many overleveled players in Sexpert I) and I cannot take 16th, because I am a fricking charm player without legendary equipment.
So I'm just battling as often as I can against anybody (just going down the list), and I will see where I'll be at the end.
Next season will be easier, because some of those overleveled players will be in Sexpert II, so then I'll be aiming for a higher place.

I can never take first, not even when being stronger than everybody. Time zone shenanigans. I'm always going to bed about eight hours before the league finishes. And getting a lead that someone else can't beat in eight hours isn't feasible, since I can't fight all battles because of sleeping needs and time zone shenanigans. I'm also always starting a couple of hours late into a league.

Someone was talking about fairness in relation to players intentionally moving down, but really, that's just strategy. But those time zones! It would be fairer if with every new league the starting date was moved an hour, so eventually every time zone gets a shot at not being totally screwed.

• Like 2

Third week being in Wanker III. Everytime I'm put in a bracket with less and less powerful players and still can't make it among first 15. 

I'm between 7th and 12th most of the time, have beaten only 2 of the top 20 players and those 18 I haven't challenged yet.. I'm going to lose.

Golden Bunny needs likes 26M money for affectation and 5-star upgrade which will take another week.. so I guess nothing changes.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SuperTanya said:

Golden Bunny needs likes 26M money for affectation and 5-star upgrade which will take another week.. so I guess nothing changes.

So I checked you out, and you have 5 star Levitya as an alpha. Bunny is only an incremental upgrade, I think your cash would be better spent elsewhere. I think you'd get more bang for your buck finishing off your market stat upgrades, which is also ridiculously expensive, but it's such a relief when you're done.

P.S. Always keep 4M in reserve, so if you see a good legendary in the market you'll be able to buy it immediately. At level 255, legendaries cost 3.6M, and from what I can tell, increase about 100k per level.

Edited by Urist

2 hours ago, SuperTanya said:

Third week being in Wanker III. Everytime I'm put in a bracket with less and less powerful players and still can't make it among first 15. 

I'm between 7th and 12th most of the time, have beaten only 2 of the top 20 players and those 18 I haven't challenged yet.. I'm going to lose.

I was with you in league last week but got promoted to Sexpert 1 and am struggling to beat 75% of opponents. Deciding to drop back down league to Wanker 3 and build up my stats just over 19k main stat atm (opponents in my league have between 21-25k) before trying to get promoted again. I would try to improve main stat to 21k+ before even getting promoted atm.

2 hours ago, Urist said:

So I checked you out, and you have 5 star Levitya as an alpha. Bunny is only an incremental upgrade, I think your cash would be better spent elsewhere. I think you'd get more bang for your buck finishing off your market stat upgrades, which is also ridiculously expensive,

I got GB up to 4* just need the cash to upgrade. Concentrating on boosting my stats via market a bit each day aswell and i agree with you Urist it does help upgrading them a bit even if it is only a few hundred points (Can get up to1mill money if im feeling generous) a day.

I'm doing surprisingly well for my third season in Wanker lll.  Been staying in the top ten so far.  Problem is that I've run out of opponents I'm sure I can defeat.  But then again maybe it isn't such a problem after, for if I fall out of the top fifteen I won't promote on to Sexpert l which I'm pretty sure is still too competitive for me.  If I could get some major improvements to my equipment I'd be in better shape, but still too low level to do well there.

Im aiming for 16th to 30th now yes. I dont want to promote with all the lvl 300s just yet. Next week or better, next next week should be good enough when there are many more players up there to have a shot at the free energy places. Im 14th now btw, because I do want my xp. But near the end, I may forfeit on a few wins

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Urist said:

So I checked you out, and you have 5 star Levitya as an alpha. Bunny is only an incremental upgrade, I think your cash would be better spent elsewhere. I think you'd get more bang for your buck finishing off your market stat upgrades, which is also ridiculously expensive, but it's such a relief when you're done.

P.S. Always keep 4M in reserve, so if you see a good legendary in the market you'll be able to buy it immediately. At level 255, legendaries cost 3.6M, and from what I can tell, increase about 100k per level.

I have no idea how to hide this as "spoiler". Sorry. Mods, please edit if necessary.

image.thumb.png.416beb8ffe244d133efe7ad9700b7a16.png

I believe that 5-star Golden Bunny will provide slightly higher damage/ego compared to Levitya so maxing it is justified.

Also, for the one year I've been playing this game (multiple times every single day) I've seen just one and one only single stat legendary item and it was Know-how. These items are the rarest thing in this game.

To be honest.. playing Pachinko x10 sounds much more rewarding than waiting another year for the right legendary in the market.

PS. I feel so much screwed for the time I was playing Pachinko x10 when I first started the game. At the time there were no guaranteed legendary items.. and I was playing 10 x10 games a day. And now it cost 3M money and not that affordable.

2 minutes ago, SuperTanya said:

I believe that 5-star Golden Bunny will provide slightly higher damage/ego compared to Levitya so maxing it is justified.

She does, but the stats you posted are for when the girls are at level 400. At level 260, Golden Bunny is 195 damage and  715 ego above Levitya. Is that worth 18M? In the long run I guess it is, but if you want to be more powerful RIGHT NOW, I think your market upgrades should come first. Hell, I still haven't bothered getting Norou to her 5th star, so I only have a 4 star legendary girl as my alpha. And although I've been pretty lucky with my gear, I think the market upgrades are pulling a lot of weight.

As for Pachinko, if you have a nice koban bank, you could just go for a bunch of epicx10 once there's an event pachinko girl you like, you'll probably get some good gear along with her.

• Like 1

And I've stumbled onto the perfect example of what I'm talking about:

1516823423_wellmatched.thumb.png.10dcfc06544333cb36c0a6f4435cd237.png

My opponent has the better team, but I've got the market upgrades. This gives me the edge on defense and harmony, while my opponent has better ego and damage. We're well balanced on gear too, 3 legendaries and 3 epics each. I'd actually give the edge to my opponent in this instance, his gear being higher level than mine:

1669526853_Balancedgear.thumb.png.87af53dfe15c1b039ff90401f4b116f8.png

But in the end, it was likely simply the first strike advantage that won me the match with 33k ego left:

Victory.thumb.png.202eacb5d569c75772799c39628116b1.png:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SuperTanya said:

I have no idea how to hide this as "spoiler". Sorry. Mods, please edit if necessary.

Here's a handy topic that Chthugha posted which describes how to add in spoiler cuts (option 4). That one is totally fine though, statistics aren't spoilers.

Part of me is looking at how much I'm fighting to be in the top 15 of Sexpert 1 and wondering how hard Sexpert 2 is gonna be.  I'm beginning to think sticking around 16 could be a good strategy for me.

If I'm 16-30 in Sexpert 1 I'm gonna get 114 Kobans, If I go up to Sexpert 2 with the stronger players I'm gonna have to maintain in the top 45 to get the same or better rewards.