Leagues balance discussion

Noacc

@natstar That does sound nice, but who knows if you will make it to this rank, let alone for the next seasons for it to matter. The whole thing looks to be a mess and on top of it, they want to already change things before the first one is done. I think it will be best for all of us if they were to take some time and figure things out before releasing more things to piss people off.

Edited by Yamamura
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Yamamura said:

@natstar That does sound nice, but who knows if you will make it to this rank, let alone for the next seasons for it to matter. The whole thing looks to be a mess and on top of it, they want to already change things before the first one is done. I think it will be best for all of us for them to take some time and figure things out before releasing more things to piss people off.

Not really much of a challenge in my league round only 25 people have 200 or higher points and only 43 people have 100 or higher points and that is with 101 players in my league group so not hard to get ranked high enough to be in season 2 which like I said gives double the rewards for money/kobans then the next league round after that gives higher rewards as well and the rounds will now only lasts 1 week plus you get double the challenge points to fight more people as well a lot of people gave feedback to increase it to 20 challenge points which if they do that would mean you only need to use your challenge points every 10 hours like with combativity which if they do that would give people time to sleep,go to school/work,ect

I would gladly give up some experience if i can get to season 2 faster which gives double the reward that the first one gave plus i get whatever reward season 1 gave on top of that.
A second season also means that all the koban spenders are put into higher league levels faster so that you do not have to deal with them as well.
image.png.df8c6a1b50cf0dfe51e53e926ca19a11.png

image.png.d368d65d641904502c2d860a090a7ab6.png

Edited by natstar

@natstar Then you were one of the lucky few who doesn't have five level 100-170 taking the top spots with 530+ points.

We don't know if they will increase the max fights we have. At the moment they look to be silent with the English side of things anyways.

It didn't help in my case that because I use a big computer screen, I couldn't play for the couple, or so days. For more info on that, you can check the bug section.

Probably because there was very little feedback from the test sever, we get to see the league burn from the angry people. Besides more PvP content, what good will this bring to the player? I guess we'll see that in a few months.

To be honest, I am surprised they didn't offer a third option:

- keep the length of this league as it is
- go a couple of days without league, and start the next one on the thursday after this one ends.

This gives them some time to see if the changes work as intended on the test server as well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

TBH I don't see what all the complaints are about. This is a new system added, so changes/balances early on (in this case the first few days) are to be expected, and I'd rather see them now than a few months down the line (and they are giving players plenty of warning/choice which is nice).

As for people complaining about those that are spending kobans on refills meaning that they are always top of the league, unfortunately this is always going to be the case in games like this, and with the planned changes to make leagues 7 days with 120 players in a bracket, it wont be physically possible to fight everyone 3 times with the normal recharges. .If you really wanted to be top of the leagues, you will unfortunately need to spend your kobans on refills rather than saving them up for events etc to be at the top of the leagues.

What I would like to know (and i probably missed the answer in another post), is, say for example 2 people beat EVERYONE in the league, and are both join 1st place with no more points possible to be earned, do they both get the reward for 1st place, or how is it determined who's in 1st place? 

11 minutes ago, Senpai-kun said:

TBH I don't see what all the complaints are about. This is a new system added, so changes/balances early on (in this case the first few days) are to be expected, and I'd rather see them now than a few months down the line (and they are giving players plenty of warning/choice which is nice).

As for people complaining about those that are spending kobans on refills meaning that they are always top of the league, unfortunately this is always going to be the case in games like this, and with the planned changes to make leagues 7 days with 120 players in a bracket, it wont be physically possible to fight everyone 3 times with the normal recharges. .If you really wanted to be top of the leagues, you will unfortunately need to spend your kobans on refills rather than saving them up for events etc to be at the top of the leagues.

What I would like to know (and i probably missed the answer in another post), is, say for example 2 people beat EVERYONE in the league, and are both join 1st place with no more points possible to be earned, do they both get the reward for 1st place, or how is it determined who's in 1st place? 

Tiebreakers are in the patchnotes.
First place will go to the one reaching the score first.
If both players reach it at exactly the same time (pretty impossible), then the lowest level will win.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

To be honest, I am surprised they didn't offer a third option:

- keep the length of this league as it is
- go a couple of days without league, and start the next one on the thursday after this one ends.

This gives them some time to see if the changes work as intended on the test server as well.

I am surprised that they did not end the current league round on the test server to test it out when they posted the survey but people did ask for more than 5 challenge points when it was tested and people also asked for a longer refill time so that people did not need to log on every 5 hours.

They could still test it out on Monday on the test server but that is totally up to them but if they do test it out I want them to actually listen to the feedback this time instead just doing what they were going to do in the first place because no point in having the test server if they do not want to listen to player feedback on it.

Edited by natstar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Senpai-kun said:

This is the first of five tiers for league. They will be adding more in the future. With that said, you really think that this "end game" "competition" should be won by people 100 levels below you just because they spent Kobans and you didn't? Mind you, this is how people are going about thing on the first tier. I can't even imagine how much people will spend at higher ranks, a lot more than you will get by winning, that much is sure. If this system isn't in check , they will make it worse for the players.

Kobans are probably used the most on events to get more girls, unless the devs state otherwise. If people spend them in league, it will tilt others rank. (pushing yourself to a point where you skill shouldn't be and in the process lowering those that should) And if they are making a net loss, or braking even on Kobans, I find that pointless and ruins the point of a Player Vs Player environment. If I wanted to fight against money, I'll be on a slot machine...

Edited by Yamamura

I'll start from charges issue.
To my mind the number of charges should depends on like the Energy and the Combativity bar, keep growing with lvl.
The time of 0,5h is good bcs it's charging just like Combativity, so no need to counts it more than needed. Only if it could be expanded to max charges as 8-10 hours is something I would be grateful for. As the Others mentioned, in order to let us have some sleep The price for them seems legit.

The experience gaining for it is a nice idea if you want to try sth new and share it with sth else than missions, however it only works for those who keep winning.
To my mind you could try add it for example to getting and upgrading the Girls. I mean not only the Affection but maybe with their lvls also?
IMO Reducing the exp from mission makes it high for the beginners who has a small chance to win looking at 'matchmaking?' of the leagues.

Looking at the length of the Seasons and the timing, I prefer the option number 1.
The time of one week also for me is enough. Finally it should shows the ledder of the players who currently keep playing

So coming to the number of players in leagues issue
IMO They/You ( i mean Develpoers ) should put into this league system the solution from "Arena" mode. Not to directly select your opponent, but let it to the system (select from 3 up to 3). IMO that will help to get higher for those who really deserves it. And ofc for those with strong willing to get high, a chance to get higher by rolling enemies.
That's why more variety of chosen player by placing in single league more players should work. I don't know the total number of players playing This Wonderful Game*, but for me fe. it could be like ~300 players in league to expand the variety of matchups and the ledder (I mean of the total number of players could work with this system). And it could stay with max 2-3 fights aganist single enemy to reduce 'bad luck?' of getting 2strong enemy.

To sum up

The pros:
- the price in Kobans seems fair
- timing of charges is good at 0,5h
- good idea of sharing exp than only for missions (and the plot ofc)
- duration of the season as 1 week is OK

The cons:
- 2small charging bar
- experience shared with wins

The hmm advices?
- mix bar size with lvl
- expand max bar size
- share the gaining experience with getting, upgrading or leveling Girls
- enter more players into single leagues and apply the solution from the "Arena"

* it's not an irony 🙂

Edited by HiddenNinja

On 9/20/2018 at 4:04 PM, Noacc said:

2. The recharge time is changed from 60 minutes to 30 minutes per 1 challenge

(Dev. commentary: This will save time and will make the game better)

3. Amount of charges is up from 5 to 10

Just makes no sense ._. people tend to sleep more than 5 hours did you know ? would make more sense if it was like 7 charges and each charge 60 minutes (so we wouldn't lose more than 2 charges and if someone sleeps more than 7 hours, i doubt there is anyone sleeping more than 9 hours, so there was almost no wasting of time on the charges)

Edited by Darkz

4 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Tiebreakers are in the patchnotes.
First place will go to the one reaching the score first.
If both players reach it at exactly the same time (pretty impossible), then the lowest level will win.

Correction on this based on the patch notes: In case of ties in the number of points, the player that was the first one to arrive at that total of points will be on top and if a tie persists, the highest level will the winner of the tie. Am I correct on this or not?

Edited by $exgod69
need to highlight my correction

7 minutes ago, $exgod69 said:

Correction on this based on the patch notes: In case of ties in the number of points, the player that was the first one to arrive at that total of points will be on top and if a tie persists, the highest level will the winner of the tie. Am I correct on this or not?

Hmm, yeah. I've always heard that it was the lowest level.
Maybe a good idea to ask for clarification on that.

They might have changed it, although lowest level would be more logical >,<

Anyway, the chance on that happening are so very slim, that it probably doesn't matter anyway.

20 minutes ago, Darkz said:

Just makes no sense ._. people tend to sleep more than 5 hours did you know ? would make more sense if it was like 7 charges and each charge 60 minutes (so we wouldn't lose more than 2 charges and if someone sleeps more than 7 hours, i doubt there is anyone sleeping more than 9 hours, so there was almost no wasting of time on the charges)

I agree on this. I would like to suggest this one if possible: The recharge time is changed from 60 minutes to 45 minutes per 1 challenge. That way everybody would have enough sleep or those who have work  will still have time to play the leagues when the challenge points are fully refilled at 7.5 hours instead of just only 5 hours.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, $exgod69 said:

I agree on this. I would like to suggest this one if possible: The recharge time is changed from 60 minutes to 45 minutes per 1 challenge. That way everybody would have enough sleep or those who have work  will still have time to play the leagues when the challenge points are fully refilled at 7.5 hours instead of just only 5 hours.

It would be better if it just worked like combativity to many different timers for everything 30 minute per point with the maximum of 20 points that take 10 hours to refill.

That is the only real fair way to actually do it because mission experience was reduced by around 50% for everyone so it has to be fair for everyone now after all people with heaps of time on their hands still have arena that gives 3 arena battles every 30 minutes.

• Like 1

All this says is 'please buy more kobans'.

The number of players in Brackets.

1. The minimum number of players is changed from 100 to 120

so more possible fights. this means even ultra active people now will have problems capping on fights hence they have to buy kobans and the rest just have to buy more kobans to cap.

Challenges and Recharges:

2. The recharge time is changed from 60 minutes to 30 minutes per 1 challenge

(Dev. commentary: This will save time and will make the game better)

3. Amount of charges is up from 5 to 10

this would be excellent if the cap went to an 8-10h period instead of staying at 5h. for people with regular sleeping and working schedule this simply means that they are going to miss out on even more fights hence have to spend more kobans to be competitive

Change in Rewards:

5. Experience gained per battle is lowered by 50%

same as above, this will basically mean a net loss on XP for everyone that does not access the game within a 5h window - given that high level already missed out on XP with the changes from mission to league xp this feels even more sour

right now the league system doesnt focus on actual strength but on activity - this probably will deminish the further you get into the leagues because the field will be more stacked - and/or whales. after the implementation of all of the above changes it will shift heavily in favor of p2w for sure. there is not even any point to argue about it. 

ffs, just cap charges at 20 instead of 10 and a whole lot more people would be happy - this would shift the focus on activity and actual strenght which would make so much more sense in a LEAGUE system to COMPETE - otherwise you can just remove the league system alltogether and make a bottom useable on a 30 min timer and after you clicked it 1000 times you get some kobans..

Edited by wthvr
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Twyce Knyghtly said:

In my league, I'm sitting at #2 with 420 points. When I reach 426, I'll be out of people under my level.

So with 7 days left, #3-#16 (417-280) will be catching up, as they get 3 per fight and I get 1.

Plenty of time for them all to pass me, keeping me down despite being in top 4 the whole time.

That will not be the future. It's because they dumped everyone in wanker 1. 

13 hours ago, Twyce Knyghtly said:

In my league, I'm sitting at #2 with 420 points. When I reach 426, I'll be out of people under my level.

So with 7 days left, #3-#16 (417-280) will be catching up, as they get 3 per fight and I get 1.

Plenty of time for them all to pass me, keeping me down despite being in top 4 the whole time.

im in first place of my group whit 540 points but there are like 6 guys i wont be able to defeat, so i really hope the seasson ends the 27th or all of this damn nights with less than 5 hours of sleep are going to be for nothing.

well the only good thing is that kobans wont do nothing, if there are no peopple to fight with, you will simply would end all the fights sooner, wasting kobans.

sorry for my english, i dont practice my english anymore so, im really bad at it

• Like 1

It will be better for everyone if the new season starts as soon as possible because the higher league levels give higher rewards and it also means the koban spenders move out of your league groups faster as well so the faster we get league seasons the sooner you do not have to deal with them,

Higher level players will be in the higher league rounds which will give you more experience for beating them as well which helps out a lot because mission experience was nerfed..

• Like 1

Others already mentioned some general disadvantages of the changes in the system and of the whole system itself, so I don't have to go through it again. But there was something, that wasn't mentioned or was mentioned briefly.

You want us to spend kobans in these leagues in order to get in the first place. But what for? I'm currently second in my league. The guy on the first place refilled at least once, as I saw. So he spent 108 kobans to win what? 120 kobans? Really? To get 12 kobans? And that is assuming he didn't refill more than for one time — otherwise he will only lose kobans in the end. I on my second place will get 48 kobans — and that is more than 12. So, why the hell even do that? Just to be an asshole? Just to let no one get in the first place?
And now it will be more pointless, as p2w players (a.k.a. assholes) will spend more kobans and the reward will stay low. Let's just do some quick math. Refill time: 5 hours. Sleep time: 9 hours (let's be realistic, you don't live in this game, do you?). So it's 4 hours loss every day. At best (assuming that you actually do live here and don't have to go to work/study/etc — those who do will be lucky to be in the first 15 players at all). So it's 20 * 7 * 2 = 280 fair fights in the season. It will be enough to challenge 280 / 3 = 93 opponents. And there will be at least 26 left. It's 26 * 3 = 78 fight. And it will cost 78 * 30 * 0.48 = 1123 kobans.

Are you serious? 1123 kobans? It will only be worth it if you get in the first place in highest tire (reward: 1920). Well, good luck being that 1 of 120 with 1 out of 120 chance — and that, of course, if you already made it to the first tire.
So, you want us to spend kobans with almost no reward for it? And these calculations were only for optimal case. If you'll get in largest brakets with 240 players in them, you can easily add 5184 more kobans to that.

Oh, and what's with that money reward? Isn't it small comparing to a total daily income? I usually make about 1-2M a day. The only reward compared to this — yeah, you're right, in the first place of the highest tire. And why should I tear my ass off to get hardly an equivalent to what I will get with almost no effort? (exp) And that unique combativity reward in that notorious highest tire? I mean, you seriously think that 20 more battles is all we can wish for 1123 kobans? If you made it to the last world (and you probably won't get in the highest tire if you didn't) you will only get 20 * 29.5k = 590k. In addition to 9.92M, right. What? What again? Oh, you can get 20 more chances to win an event girl? Well, considering the ultimately small drop rates... good luck with that. If I really were into that, I would just buy these 20 fights for kobans.

So I'm not sure what do you actually get from this Brand New Feature. As long as it goes like that or p2w at least.

And I'm not even talking about the beginners who will not get the same amount of exp from the leagues. But that's a different story...

Edited by El Daro

@El Daro There are many brackets at play, so it's hard to say how much of the population is actually spending Kobans. For you, not that bad. For me, far too many. Ether way, it's terrible when it happens. Obviously those that do spend Kobans will have a net loss, but it would seem they do not care. Apparently the Devs will be increasing the rewards next season. By how much? Who the hell knows. Still we wait in the dark about their options they want to place. Though if people are spending an absurd amount of Kobans on Teir 1 of league and without the increase in rewards, all just to rank up with a huge loss in the pocket. I wonder how much worse it will get. Company is getting paid, why fix it? They might just go full EA, the drop rate seems to already be there.

1 hour ago, Yamamura said:

@El Daro There are many brackets at play, so it's hard to say how much of the population is actually spending Kobans. For you, not that bad. For me, far too many. Ether way, it's terrible when it happens. Obviously those that do spend Kobans will have a net loss, but it would seem they do not care. Apparently the Devs will be increasing the rewards next season. By how much? Who the hell knows. Still we wait in the dark about their options they want to place. Though if people are spending an absurd amount of Kobans on Teir 1 of league and without the increase in rewards, all just to rank up with a huge loss in the pocket. I wonder how much worse it will get. Company is getting paid, why fix it? They might just go full EA, the drop rate seems to already be there.

The rewards for higher tiers of leagues are visible. Just mouse over the league indicators above the leaderboard.

• Like 1