Patch Notes 26/09/18 Discussion Thread

GeorgeMTO

I like the changes,it also helps that the community got to vote for them. I'm slightly confused by the "Challenge Points" announcement though. The maximum for my challenge points right now is 16. Recharging 2 every 30 minutes, meaning that I have to wait 8 hour for a full bar; the new update will help there. However, when they are stored for a maximum of 15 instead of 5, what does it mean?  15 days, 15 hours, 15 missions or what? :D  An inquiring mind wants to know.:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Jikei said:

I like the changes,it also helps that the community got to vote for them. I'm slightly confused by the "Challenge Points" announcement though. The maximum for my challenge points right now is 16. Recharging 2 every 30 minutes, meaning that I have to wait 8 hour for a full bar; the new update will help there. However, when they are stored for a maximum of 15 instead of 5, what does it mean?  15 days, 15 hours, 15 missions or what? :D  An inquiring mind wants to know.:ph34r:

Your challenge points currently store to a maximum of 5 (1 per hour), as challenge points are what is used in Leagues in the Tower of Fame, the patch will raise that cap from 5 to 15. Your combativity is used to challenge the bosses in the adventures, and is not changing with this patch at all.

• Thanks 1

Good update but....... half exp. again...........

I don't understand why they reduce the exp.all the time ?? the highest level player in hentai heroes he may be 322+ level but in truth he has less than 3.5M exp. while the total amount to reach 400lvl is 10M exp. this player is playing for two years now and he has 3.5M exp. so this means that he needs another 3-5 years to reach 400lvl, are you serious ??

My only complain is that i don't care about how much time it will take but i want to reach the level cap in one lifetime and devs are making it harder and harder every time.

• Like 6

I think that it's good that the developers listened to the people who tried to explain that they do actually have other pursuits in their lives, (work, family, sleep, etc.) and were effectively being punished by not being continuously logged into and actively playing the game and stretched out the full recharge time and storable points for League Tower Battles to allow a player to reach a full charge of 15 over a period that works out to be 8 hours 45 minutes. (By my math anyway)

I have to say that I am a little disappointed that the developers didn't eliminate using Kobans to keep fighting, that would have made it more fair overall and would have done a lot (in my humble opinion anyway) to combat the "Free to play, Pay to WIN" feeling that seems to be developing.

Anyway, I know (like always...) there'll be a fair amount of whining, but I think my response to the developers would have to be... 

Overall... Well played. Well played indeed.

😊

Edited by Kuradur
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hotless said:

Good update but....... half exp. again...........

I don't understand why they reduce the exp.all the time ?? the highest level player in hentai heroes he may be 322+ level but in truth he has less than 3.5M exp. while the total amount to reach 400lvl is 10M exp. this player is playing for two years now and he has 3.5M exp. so this means that he needs another 3-5 years to reach 400lvl, are you serious ??

My only complain is that i don't care about how much time it will take but i want to reach the level cap in one lifetime and devs are making it harder and harder every time.

You get approximately twice the amount of challenges per hour (slightly less as it is 2 every 70 minutes). They had to compensate for that. You will only make slightly less from leagues if you never lose a challenge point. Most likely you will even make more, because you can store 15 of them, so over night you can go without loss (15 x 35 min = 525 min = 8h45m). I predict that most players will gain more XP instead of less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm quite happy overall with the League changes. Pretty good all around. Oddly enough, the thing that annoys me the most (though only slightly) is the quest announcement. HH got one, but GH didn't. The last time both got quests announced at the same time. It's mainly annoying because the big events at the start of each month have been identical across both since February. This means the limiting factor as to which bosses gets girls is limited to how far GH is in its story, which currently is not even halfway through Admittance of the Dead. (Notice how events have only recently started involving Donatien again?) If HH story progresses faster than GH, the pay cut in grinding for girls is going to get worse.

11 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

You get approximately twice the amount of challenges per hour (slightly less as it is 2 every 70 minutes). They had to compensate for that. You will only make slightly less from leagues if you never lose a challenge point. Most likely you will even make more, because you can store 15 of them, so over night you can go without loss (15 x 35 min = 525 min = 8h45m). I predict that most players will gain more XP instead of less.

I'm with Hotless on this in a sense, Chthugha. I agree with most of the changes, but I don't agree with halving the experience gain. A reduction, for sure for an increased cap, but not halving the experience entirely. It would have been better to balance it out more. Either restore some exp gain in daily missions or maintain a cap of 10 (recharge at 35 min) with something like 80% exp gain from current numbers.

13 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

What are you referring to? I'm not sure what time loss you're referring to? Perhaps the leagues ending early, but I don't understand what you're after then.

I invested time and cobans to get a good ranking, now will make it easier for them to be down on me, so I wonder if I will take any damage or if I will have some compensation.

I have better propusal: back the older xp to the missions and don't give in Leagues, instead xp you can give cash, and with that changes the people don't need to play leagues if don't like it for the level progression.

The best for funny is freedom, not more work for the some.

Edited by saberbholt
  • Like 3
  • Thinking 2

8 minutes ago, Odr@noel said:

I invested time and cobans to get a good ranking, now will make it easier for them to be down on me, so I wonder if I will take any damage or if I will have some compensation.

Your ranking has actually been made SAFER by this change, because the league ending early means that other people get less free combat to close the gap with you.

Regardless, no compensation has been mentioned so I wouldn't expect any to be added

10 minutes ago, Link89 said:

I'm with Hotless on this in a sense, Chthugha. I agree with most of the changes, but I don't agree with halving the experience gain. A reduction, for sure for an increased cap, but not halving the experience entirely. It would have been better to balance it out more. Either restore some exp gain in daily missions or maintain a cap of 10 (recharge at 35 min) with something like 80% exp gain from current numbers.

The way the numbers are made makes it awkward to do odd numbers like that though (100+opponent's level for a win being the current rate). With the recharge rate being almost doubled they'd have to reduce it to 7/12 to be exactly the same. Halving seems to just be the simplest adjustment. I play this game all the time and I'm still pretty sure I'll end up with more exp this way than before this change. Reduced compared to initial missions values though yes.

17 minutes ago, gnome said:

I'm quite happy overall with the League changes. Pretty good all around. Oddly enough, the thing that annoys me the most (though only slightly) is the quest announcement. HH got one, but GH didn't. The last time both got quests announced at the same time. It's mainly annoying because the big events at the start of each month have been identical across both since February. This means the limiting factor as to which bosses gets girls is limited to how far GH is in its story, which currently is not even halfway through Admittance of the Dead. (Notice how events have only recently started involving Donatien again?) If HH story progresses faster than GH, the pay cut in grinding for girls is going to get worse.

Don't forget that the later worlds of HH have more scrolls than the early ones. w9 has 9 scrolls and w10, 10, but w6-8 only have 7. This doesn't necessarily mean any increase in the boss income discrepancy

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Link89 said:

I agree with most of the changes, but I don't agree with halving the experience gain. A reduction, for sure for an increased cap, but not halving the experience entirely. It would have been better to balance it out more. Either restore some exp gain in daily missions or maintain a cap of 10 (recharge at 35 min) with something like 80% exp gain from current numbers.

I'm not sure why you don't agree. XP gain per fight is halved, but the number of fights has doubled. You'll get the same XP overall if you do all the fights. ...Well, somewhat less, since the number of fights is about 17% less than double. It might be nice if Kinkoid bumped the league XP up a tad to compensate.

Also very glad I can sleep a full eight hours now.

Looks like I'm going to have to pick and choose my last fights in the next couple days, though. I won't finish all 297 without a refill, which I think would be literally pointless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm really expecting an earthquake near home, as in a full year of active play I've never saw the devs listening to the players and applying the requests to the game so quickly, so I'm more than happy to say this is the patch I welcome the most in a very long time, and keep up the good work.

On the matter of experience halving, as Chthugha already pointed out, in complex the amount gained should be the same as the first league turn: as I said elsewhere I will pronounce on the matter of this experience really making up for the loss in daily missions when the leagues will have more or less completed and stabilized their pyramidal structure.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, jelom said:

Will the changes in recharge time and maximum stored points be in effect on 26th (date of the patch) or will they start in the next season on 27th ?

The day of the end of the season will move from Monday to Thursday.

• Exceptionally, the first season will end on Thursday 27th of September at 5 a.m. (GMT +2) instead of Monday 1st at the same time.

21 minutes ago, Hollo said:

I'm not sure why you don't agree. XP gain per fight is halved, but the number of fights has doubled. You'll get the same XP overall if you do all the fights. ...Well, somewhat less, since the number of fights is about 17% less than double. It might be nice if Kinkoid bumped the league XP up a tad to compensate.

Also very glad I can sleep a full eight hours now.

Looks like I'm going to have to pick and choose my last fights in the next couple days, though. I won't finish all 297 without a refill, which I think would be literally pointless.

Most normal users even get more challenges per day, because no loss during sleep and such.
I think that more than compensates for that 17% loss.
If it doesn't for a particular player, then they are helping that player to get to a healthier sleep rhythm, so then that person wins in personal health 😛

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Odr@noel said:

The day of the end of the season will move from Monday to Thursday.

• Exceptionally, the first season will end on Thursday 27th of September at 5 a.m. (GMT +2) instead of Monday 1st at the same time.

I am not asking for the season start (on thursday 27th), that is clear from the notes, my question was if the recharge times and maximum stored points will start to effect with the new season on thursday 27th (likely) or the day before (wednesday 26th) when the patch is applied (unlikely).

19 minutes ago, jelom said:

I am not asking for the season start (on thursday 27th), that is clear from the notes, my question was if the recharge times and maximum stored points will start to effect with the new season on thursday 27th (likely) or the day before (wednesday 26th) when the patch is applied (unlikely).

It would be strange to start a new season without putting an end to the previous one, but ...