Patch Notes 26/09/18 Discussion Thread

GeorgeMTO

4 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

Been thinking about this.

If you start the season with a full charge every time there will be ppl that have an unfair advantage every season because they simply life in the right time-zone. Why would the devs want that?:S

I live in a good timezone. Bribed the devs. Dont tell anyone. 🤫

Silly question... What the hell difference does your time zone make? Roll-out-time (in the game) happens everywhere, all at the same time, on what I presume is Real-World Wednesday morning at the developers location, which is 10:00pm where I'm at, so I kick off the big time consuming Activity and look at the new patches and Quest stuff before I catch some Zzz's. I'm not following why time zone is even a factor... 🤔

As a side note, my TARDIS won't lock on to locations/time lines in the Haremverse… Should I take it back to the dealer? (It's still under warranty.)

Edited by Kuradur
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Dragonmx6 said:

Also when you collect money from your girls, after you click the 1st girls money, you can then click Tab/Enter repetitively to collect all your money. That function apparently has been removed from the game in an attempt to try and get players to pay kobans to collect their money that they already earned. That is something that was not mentioned in the patch notes. just saying

Aye, really sad about this. I understand why this was changed, but collecting manually is WAY too much of a hassle. And spending Kobans to collect is a waste of either cash or Kobans since the girls' timers are different.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Kuradur said:

Silly question... What the hell difference does your time zone make? Roll-out-time (in the game) happens everywhere, all at the same time, on what I presume is Real-World Wednesday morning at the developers location, which is 10:00pm where I'm at, so I kick off the big time consuming Activity and look at the new patches and Quest stuff before I catch some Zzz's. I'm not following why time zone is even a factor... 🤔

As a side note, my TARDIS won't lock on to locations/time lines in the Haremverse… Should I take it back to the dealer? (It's still under warranty.)

That's great for you.

Ppl in western Europe have to get up at 5.00 am local time to have the same cushy deal. Maybe you could think before you say silly things.

• Haha 1

More good news: the rows sort on level and challenges left! Excellent!

More bad news: they made some change to the harem UI, that causes tab-enter traversal to no longer work. It has a bad reaction with HH++ when you try. Uuuuugh. I'm looking for the traversal order, but I'm having a devil of a time.

2 hours ago, Dragonmx6 said:

the ranking changes for the most part are great. But I have notice multiple people mention that the xp was getting halved again and a moderator give them an explanation as to why, wich kinda makes sense but!!! I would like to remind the moderators that when people say the xp is getting halved again? they do actually mean AGAIN!!!! wich you didn't touch base on.

Since I joined this game the daily quest xp has been cut in half at least 2 times so far maybe 3. just saying that's why people complained about the xp getting cut in half.

Also when you collect money from your girls, after you click the 1st girls money, you can then click Tab/Enter repetitively to collect all your money. That function apparently has been removed from the game in an attempt to try and get players to pay kobans to collect their money that they already earned. That is something that was not mentioned in the patch notes. just saying

Halving is up for debate. You probably lose some xp overall with the loss from missions - gain from leagues.

Halving again is plainly wrong as I calculated for you. 

So yeah, overall maybe a small loss compared to before the leagues. Overall not halved twice (quarter of the original). Probably closer to 90%.

1 hour ago, dirty harry said:

That's great for you.

Ppl in western Europe have to get up at 5.00 am local time to have the same cushy deal. Maybe you could think before you say silly things.

Before I say silly things...? Dude check your own nonsense before you call someone else out.

I overlook my account for new activity before I go to bed, you overlook yours with your morning coffee, someone in India takes a look on their lunch break and a player in Japan checks theirs after dinner... Who the hell cares what time zone it is? "Unfair advantage"? How exactly...? We're all limited to completing the exact same tasks from the activities in a 24 hour period, the Leagues start and stop at exactly the same time worldwide, so forgive me for not falling in line with your rant. Because mine starts at a different time of the day for me DOESN'T give me any advantage, because; wait for it, at some time I'll be asleep while you (or someone elsewhere else in the world) is awake and playing.

Seriously... And you tell me to think. That's funny right there. 🤣

Edited by Kuradur
  • Thinking 2

2 minutes ago, Kuradur said:

Before I say silly things...? Dude check your own nonsense before you call someone else out.

I overlook my account for new activity before I go to bed, you overlook yours with your morning coffee, someone in India takes a look on their lunch break and a player in Japan checks theirs after dinner... Who the hell cares what time zone it is? "Unfair advantage"? How exactly...? We're all limited to completing the exact same tasks from the activities in a 24 hour period, the Leagues start and stop at exactly the same time worldwide, so forgive me for not falling in line with your rant. Because mine starts at a different time of the day for me DOESN'T give me any advantage, because; wait for it, at some time I'll be asleep while you (or someone elsewhere else in the world) is awake and playing.

Seriously... And you tell me to think. That's funny. 🤣

Because those people are likely still asleep for several hours when a new league starts, if the challenges get refilled at the start, they'll have lost 2 or 3 challenge attempts, PLUS all of the ones that built up since they went to bed. Meanwhile someone like yourself (or me) who is awake can use all our tokens right before the end, and then enjoy a full bar as the new one starts. This gives us a few more challenges each week than someone who isn't able to play around reset. It's 'unfair', because it advantages certain people simply because of the schedule intheir life.

not complaining that hard because it helps me, but yes it's unfair

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dragonmx6 said:

That's really annoying. I noticed that on the test server a while back, but I didn't care because everyone has a monthly card on the test server.

3 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Because those people are likely still asleep for several hours when a new league starts, if the challenges get refilled at the start, they'll have lost 2 or 3 challenge attempts, PLUS all of the ones that built up since they went to bed. Meanwhile someone like yourself (or me) who is awake can use all our tokens right before the end, and then enjoy a full bar as the new one starts. This gives us a few more challenges each week than someone who isn't able to play around reset. It's 'unfair', because it advantages certain people simply because of the schedule intheir life.

not complaining that hard because it helps me, but yes it's unfair

I'll give you the fact that I can empty out my combativity points or whatever than go back and have them filled at the start of a new session/week/league or whatever within an hour or so at the end of my waking hours, but it isn't that much of an "advantage" as is being made out. There are still only 24 hours in a day, and at some time, while I'm asleep / at work/ at the gym / interacting with family or friends or whatever, I get passed by, just like everyone else does. "X" time zone players all across the world are bypassing "Y" time zone players all over the world simply because they're asleep or partaking of activities other than gaming all the time. I've gone to bed in first place and woken up in 35th and had to start struggling back up all over again more time than I can count, so forgive me if I don't see a clear, undeniable "advantage."

Now if this were a true PvP MMO, (like Call of Duty / Battlefield / Everquest / Warcraft) I could see the decided advantage of being physically close to the server or maybe living in a specifc time zone, but in a "my character's abilities against your character's abilities" situation with zero actual PvP interaction, time zones are irrelevant.

• Thinking 2

Just now, Kuradur said:

I'll give you the fact that I can empty out my combativity points or whatever than go back and have them filled at the start of a new session/week/league or whatever within an hour or so at the end of my waking hours, but it isn't that much of an "advantage" as is being made out. There are still only 24 hours in a day, and at some time, while I'm asleep / at work/ at the gym / interacting with family or friends or whatever, I get passed by, just like everyone else does. "X" time zone players all across the world are bypassing "Y" time zone players all over the world simply because they're asleep or partaking of activities other than gaming all the time. I've gone to bed in first place and woken up in 35th and had to start struggling back up all over again more time than I can count, so forgive me if I don't see a clear, undeniable "advantage."

Now if this were a true PvP MMO, (like Call of Duty / Battlefield / Everquest / Warcraft) I could see the decided advantage of being physically close to the server or maybe living in a specifc time zone, but in a "my character's abilities against your character's abilities" situation with zero actual PvP interaction, time zones are irrelevant.

Okay, lets try using numbers. You go to sleep 6 hours before reset. In those 6 hours, you generate a little over 10 tokens. You regain 5 extra points up to 15 when reset hits. You then continue to sleep for another 70 minutes, and wake up. You used 15 challenges so far in the last 7 hours, 10 minutes.

I was awake at reset, and used the 10 challenges I built up in the 6 hours before hand. I gained 15 free tokens as my bar autofilled, which I then empty again. In the next 70 minutes, I gained 2 more points. I used 27 challenges in the last 7 hours and 10 minutes.

Do these two situations seem fair to you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kuradur said:

I'll give you the fact that I can empty out my combativity points or whatever than go back and have them filled at the start of a new session/week/league or whatever within an hour or so at the end of my waking hours, but it isn't that much of an "advantage" as is being made out. There are still only 24 hours in a day, and at some time, while I'm asleep / at work/ at the gym / interacting with family or friends or whatever, I get passed by, just like everyone else does.

That's not how it works. What you get to do is: spend all remaining points minutes before reset to ensure maximum possible rank -> league resets -> immediately spend full bar of points with no time loss -> have bar replenish while you sleep -> wake up and spend points before bar fully resets resulting in no lost points.

What people in timezones where it resets when they're sleeping get to do is: spend remaining points before bed -> miss out on all points replenished from this point until league reset (say you go to sleep at 12:00 and league resets at 5:00 = ~10 challenges missed = loss of ~30 points) -> league resets while sleeping -> miss out on all points that would have been replenished from league reset until waking up due to starting with a full bar (say you wake up at 7:30 = ~5 challenges missed = loss of ~15 points).

You now get an advantage of 40 or so points against such a person every league. That is a significant advantage.

Edited by Janaff

Reset has always been the same time from what I understand. So having this disadvantage will apply to all things in this game, not just league. The extra time given to us is a lot better than having to keep on a 5hr timer while you sleep. If we started with 0 tokens and worked our way up to 15, it will feel slow and boring to start leaguethat way in which they will then have to wait. That will punish those that are able to play on reset. They can't please everyone so taking the less of two evils is what they choose.

7 minutes ago, Yamamura said:

Reset has always been the same time from what I understand. So having this disadvantage will apply to all things in this game, not just league. The extra time given to us is a lot better than having to keep on a 5hr timer while you sleep. If we started with 0 tokens and worked our way up to 15, it will feel slow and boring to start leaguethat way in which they will then have to wait. That will punish those that are able to play on reset. They can't please everyone so taking the less of two evils is what they choose.

Why not make it continuous, like energy and combat points. That way nobody loses out.

Which brings me back to my orirginal question. The devs decided to do things different this time; I just wondered why?:/

Edited by dirty harry

26 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

Why not make it continuous, like energy and combat points. That way nobody loses out.

Because you have to hit the reset button somewhere, if you're going to award end-of-season prizes. No one cares that energy is continuous, because energy only drives the storyline, which is an individual open-ended goal. Combat points are likewise driving arena, which is largely individual. You can get prizes for winning 16 of them, but that's easy to do, even with points left over.

Energy and combat matter a little for weekly leaderboard prizes, but those are such an old player's game that even I ignore them at level 250-260.

Just here to repeat what (seems so) most players said:

• the lifting of the storable league tokes is great
    • instead of 35 min & 15 tokens it could have been 60 min and 8 or 9 Tokens
  • halving the league XP now before the league ends ... just bad.
    • now it depends if I decided to take the high level opponents at the end or took them already at the beginning
    • edit: k, the league got shortened to today, the effect is not that big.
  • great that is one week only now - complies much more with the other short term focused events/ timers

It would have been so much better and more fair if the changes would have applied after the current league. Even if it would mean to make a break of one day.

As it might have been to "new" as a bug report, I realized that my HeH language got switched without my intentions and so I did not receive the patch notes ingame.

See bug http://forum.hentaiheroes.com/index.php?/topic/6900-news-mailbox-disappears-on-beta-languages/

Edited by windia

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Okay, lets try using numbers. You go to sleep 6 hours before reset. In those 6 hours, you generate a little over 10 tokens. You regain 5 extra points up to 15 when reset hits. You then continue to sleep for another 70 minutes, and wake up. You used 15 challenges so far in the last 7 hours, 10 minutes.

I was awake at reset, and used the 10 challenges I built up in the 6 hours before hand. I gained 15 free tokens as my bar autofilled, which I then empty again. In the next 70 minutes, I gained 2 more points. I used 27 challenges in the last 7 hours and 10 minutes.

Do these two situations seem fair to you?

With respect to the idea that during the next 16 hours and 50 minutes you will probably have to sleep since you were awake while I was not, yeah; actually I do, considering that there is a limit to the number of points that you can accumulate in a 24 hour period anyway. That of course is making the assumption that you're not buying refills.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this line of thinking as well, if you could. With a maximum number of players to a League being 100, and being able to battle each player 3 times, and each win gaining 3 points. (100 x 3 = 300 and 300 x 3 = 900) Why is there so much worry over what time zone you're in anyway, considering that it is conceivable, although highly unlikely, allowing for sleep/meals/work or whatever, that with all of the rushing to complete battles and worrying about when I get my next points, all 100 players in a League could complete all of their battles and have a gigantic cluster-f*ck 100 way tie with everyone having all 900 possible points at the end of a League period anyway? 

Edited by Kuradur
  • Thinking 2

Thank you for the patch.

It feels like a good compromise between both sides of the options.

Halving the xp rewards while getting nearly double the fights within nearly the same, overall time range is fair, IMO. (15 fights within 15 hours [5 fights per 5  hour @ 1pt/60 minutes max of 5pts] vs 30 fights in 17.5 hours [15 fights per 8.75 hours @ 1pt/35minuts max of 15pts])

like that we can sort. Two issue with this, though: First, Board sorting resets after each fight to Order by Ranking. Second issue, You have to leave the board (either exiting out or going into a fight) in order to reset it to Order by Ranking.

Not sure if 1 week is good or bad. Will have to wait and see.

Not sure if the increase in tier population will be a good thing or bad thing or indifferent. The increased population may make gaining the higher ranks within the tier AND holding onto them more difficult due to more players within the tier competing for those spots coupled with the shorter, tighter time frame in which to do it.

Refilling the fight bar at the beginning of each Season reset is good and necessary as it is a new season.

When the first season started out, we got a full bar to play with. Each new Seasons is just that, a New thing. What you did before in the old season doesn't matter. If you face an opponent in the new season that you faced in the old season you'll get your 3 fights against them and not be limited by the number of fights you already had with them. The number of points you generated from the last season won't carry over, either. It's all NEW. Everything is Reset. The only difference is what tier you'll be in.

Othewise, if the unused points of a combat bar carried over that would me that it was a continuation of the old season. In that case, everything would carry over: Your combat scores would carry over, the number of fights against an opponent would carry over, as well as your unused combat bar.

The reason your energy bar in the main game carries over is that That is Your personal Energy for the World. The combat bar in the Leagues has nothing to do with your personal energy. It's just earned opportunities to fight over the course of that season.

I thought the patch was going to be really good, but they screwed up 2 things:

1. Removing the ability to tab around the windows. Most notably in the Harem screen for ease of collection, but in other places as well. This is a huge downgrade to playability, and we all know what happens when convenience features that should exist or in this case, used to exist, get removed.

2. Increasing the storage and refresh rate before the end of the season. The proper way to do that was with the new season. The league sort feature is good, but they botched this first season - badly.

• Like 1