Identifying the Dicktator league brackets

_shal_

I promoted up to S2 after last time, so I can help with this for a change. My S2 bracket has 102 players, and I don't think you have it.

Top players:

LVL 324: Blade00
LVL 316: AngusMG007
LVL 315: Kirikou, Mercer, Skyven_Hawk

4 hours ago, Zteev said:

I promoted up to S2 after last time, so I can help with this for a change. My S2 bracket has 102 players, and I don't think you have it.

Top players:

LVL 324: Blade00
LVL 316: AngusMG007
LVL 315: Kirikou, Mercer, Skyven_Hawk

Holy smokes!! A bunch of level 300s in S2?? There must be a lot more people that ignore PvP than I thought.

20 hours ago, snowman22 said:

Holy smokes!! A bunch of level 300s in S2?? There must be a lot more people that ignore PvP than I thought.

I just counted, 39 of the 102 in my group are level 300 or above, a couple are just at 300, so they were probably under at week start, . That's a lot more than I was expecting to be there. That's actually 50% more than Gambit126's group has.

Some of them are barely fighting, and are stronger than some in the top 10.

Edited by Zteev

I assumed the number of L300s in S2 would have drastically  reduced since I passed through, but what @jelom says makes sense, thanks for pointing that out. Now that I think about how I characterize a league I do it by ego, not level. The only time level comes into it is for fun when I see how close to the bottom/top I am or when the league is too big to finish in a week and I look at level to maximize xp.

16 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

I assumed the number of L300s in S2 would have drastically  reduced since I passed through, but what @jelom says makes sense, thanks for pointing that out. Now that I think about how I characterize a league I do it by ego, not level. The only time level comes into it is for fun when I see how close to the bottom/top I am or when the league is too big to finish in a week and I look at level to maximize xp.

The main thing to keep in mind about high-level players is that even if they have similar ego to a lower-level player, they're likely to have a much stronger beta. The difference can be sizable.

On topic though, I just realized that I neglected to summarize the numbers for the current week. We had been expecting this:

On 1/11/2019 at 1:01 PM, _shal_ said:

Leading to these projections for next week:

S2: 4020
S3: 1580
D1: 535

This assumes that demotions will actually work correctly again next Thursday...... There's also the question where the suspended players will re-appear in the leagues - one division lower, two divisions lower or all the way down at W1 are all conceivable possibilities. (Another option is "not at all", because I won't bet on their accounts actually getting reactivated properly in time for the league start.)

Demotions obviously worked again, but the re-addition of the suspended players apparently placed them straight back in their original league tiers, so no actual punishment there at all beyond the one-week ban... Anyway, that meant slightly more players at all levels, with full reporting for D1 (thanks, everyone!) putting it at 549 players. The numbers are all out of whack now, in any case, so no more assuming that any level has a multiple of 15 players. With the S3 reports being for brackets of either 100 or 101 players, there are presumably just over 1600 in there now...no way to confirm the exact total anymore, but 16 brackets should hopefully be correct.

All mentioned S2's had 102 participants, and I'm not sure now if my extrapolated guess of 4020 was too high and we're only at something like 3980, or if there were so many suspended returning players that it's even around 4080. It may be time to abandon trying to track S2 to this level of detail now. Hopefully next season's numbers will help clarify if there were 39 or 40 brackets.

Projected numbers for the new league starting in about 9 hours:

S2: approx. 4400 (very unreliable estimate)
S3: ~1800 (based on promotions from 40 S2 brackets...we'll surely find out if it's just over or just under 1800, based on the bracket sizes)
D1: 714

And yeah, as mentioned by Habi the shenanigans of the last couple of weeks have probably accelerated the creation of D2 by one week, as we were originally on course for less than 700 players here.

(Hopefully it's not 699 players in D1...)

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, TheSonicSly said:

Here's My D1 bracket for this week and it looks like BananaJoy's in it too. 😄

20190124_121700.jpg.02fa52949741cbc23c71a917f21aee0e.jpg

In that one as well. Looking like a top 15 competition this time around. Only takes buying a single challenge to reach max at the end at least. Aside from those pushing for the top 4 we should barely need to spend koban at all. Assuming you even bothering for what is most likely 1 point for a loss to isi.

Edited by ScrubNoob
improved readability
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can any player in Sexpert3 help me see all the opponents ability and check how many players have over 170k ego and  32k attack.

I am lv.262 and stuck in Sexpert2.I wonder when I can enter S3 and keep in 16th~30th to earn kobens and XP.

Edited by yoyowhan