Shokushu Event, how well you guys been?

Valgo

2 hours ago, Duke1776 said:

Must be the star difference.

Exactly. Those 2 stars mean a 32% relative increase (60% relative to the base values).  That almost makes up the difference between the base strength of an Epic and Common.

Plus, the amount of money you shell out to get those 3 stars is much higher, and you need more XP to advance every level.  You pay a lot for a tiny difference, but you're looking for every advantage you can get in the long run.

For comparison's sake, at L111 my maxed 3-star Epic is only 28 points ahead in her class over my maxed 5-star Common.  Worse, her off-class stats are 266 lower than the 5-star Common, which means having her as my Alpha costs me defense against my off-class opponents while providing not much more in the way of offense (and defense against my class).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

Exactly. Those 2 stars mean a 32% relative increase (60% relative to the base values).  That almost makes up the difference between the base strength of an Epic and Common.

Plus, the amount of money you shell out to get those 3 stars is much higher, and you need more XP to advance every level.  You pay a lot for a tiny difference, but you're looking for every advantage you can get in the long run.

For comparison's sake, at L111 my maxed 3-star Epic is only 28 points ahead in her class over my maxed 5-star Common.  Worse, her off-class stats are 266 lower than the 5-star Common, which means having her as my Alpha costs me defense against my off-class opponents while providing not much more in the way of offense (and defense against my class).

Interesting. Thank you for that.

I was lucky enough to snag Taria during the other event, so she's my Alpha (she is already superior to Abrael even at three stars) and will be for the foreseeable future, though the costs of increasing affection and levelling are horrific (9 mil to get to the 4th star, and roughly 20k affection XP required. Yikes) for someone like her. Still, I can see my team being something like Taria (A), Abrael (B) and possibly Sherly (O). Current team is that, but Juliette is my Omega (which surprises me, she is quite robust despite being a starting haremette).

I know you should have your absolute strongest as your Alpha, but what's the general rule regarding Beta and Omega? I think Betas are the second best in terms of stats, but I'm unsure about Omegas. 

Off topic, but I'd love to get Loving Pelagie. Bit of a romantic at heart, and after watching her storyline, I hope she'll be attainable outside of Epic Pachinko, which I refuse to play.

Edited by Duke1776

4 hours ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

Worse, her off-class stats are 266 lower than the 5-star Common, which means having her as my Alpha costs me defense against my off-class opponents while providing not much more in the way of offense (and defense against my class).

Just for reference, defence against your own class is the average of your defences for the other two stats. Main stat doesn't affect it at all.

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2019 at 1:41 PM, Duke1776 said:

Wanted Sherly, got Sherly. Though I'm finding it difficult to believe she is only just better than Abrael when maxed and at max level (looking at the wiki), despite being an epic. Must be the star difference.

Ehm can you answer me something.

I see abrael stats at max are 2300 HC, 3700 CH and 1800 KP.

Sherly's are : 1596 HC, 3724 CH and 1596 KP.

How does those stats make Sherly better? (I'm asking cause I have always had Abrael and Kalissa as beta and omega, and I already have Oxton and Sherly and want to know if they are better to put them in battle).

2 hours ago, Lavahit said:

Ehm can you answer me something.

I see abrael stats at max are 2300 HC, 3700 CH and 1800 KP.

Sherly's are : 1596 HC, 3724 CH and 1596 KP.

How does those stats make Sherly better? (I'm asking cause I have always had Abrael and Kalissa as beta and omega, and I already have Oxton and Sherly and want to know if they are better to put them in battle).

For the beta and omega, only their value of your main stat matter. Try switching your beta with a girl who has a higher hardcore value, and watch your hardcore defense go down anyway.

Well, that was painful. 580 free combativity to get Sherly from Donatien - no dice. 10 refills (-> 780), nada. Switched to Dark Lord to try for Kameyala who fortunately dropped after 143 battles. Back to Sherly for another...462, as she finally dropped after 1242 battles. Total koban cost nearly 9000. Luckily I'm well-stocked having spent relatively little since the Anniversary six months ago...

• Like 1

On both Hentai H accounts got both girls from the bosses, but on nutaku account only managed to get Sherly,  the RNG on my nutaku account as turned to crap for the last 3 events i only managed to either get 1 girl or no girls in some events, glad i never wasted to many Kobans on refills on nutaku..

Edited by wertyu

Had surprising success.  Surprising because, up to the last day and a half, I had Kameyala in only one main account plus test, and Sherly in four (plus test).  From the last day and a half Kameyala dropped in all know-how accounts except one and I ended up getting her in five of the six main accounts.  Similarly with Sherly: five of the six main accounts.

As is always the case for me, there was one hold-out account where I failed to get either girl, not Lili this time though.

So, all in all, pretty successful and consistent with past events, but the finish was a bit nail-biting I have to say.  Only Red would've been handy for me for my team, but it was not to be.  I didn't take part in EP this time, nor will I be doing so in the upcoming Winter Chill revival.  I suspect a Legendary Days event is soon to start and this would surely be know-how.  I'm saving up for this.  I was surprised I did as well as I did because I had a lot of trouble getting the damn thing to load during the performances and I had to refresh my browser countless times.  I half expected it would've had an impact on drops.  The last day and a half went without a hitch, though and this is when the drops occurred.  Coincidence?  Maybe, but who can say?