the new attraction system is a joke change my mind

Likah

I just did 60 to 75 fights aganist  Roko and got 22 shards,  with another boss Silvanus had 20 fights and no shards , its varys quiet alot , another time i did 50 fights on the test server  and only got 5 or 8 shards that time .

Edited by wertyu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So what changed with the attraction-points update? The answer is: nothing, if you have collected all the villain's girls.

I thought they will make this system for all the girls. Now that would be fun. But unfortunately I am really disappointed.

Developers wanted to make the gaming experience better but they made it even worse. Shame.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On the live server I was working exclusively on dropping Val Mala. 11 days and nada, she's yet to drop. Then the Shards System kicks in and I've gotten 4 shards on her. 

What this tells me is that I'm NOT going to get even ONE girl for this 12 day event.

ALL the WORK spent on her and on the LAST DAY of the event my progress has been RESET TO ZERO.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

I did think it was weird to not wait for the end of the event, but on the test server they did give you all the girls you had any shards for when they cut the event short and switched back to the previous event.

I'm not loving the new system, but playing on the test server and the regular one I got both boss girls on both accounts. 

What I find weird is that the girl you get for doing daily missions dropped 200 shards. Enough to get her, then it dumped the extra shards into affection items, but when I went to the market she was just there with no affection added, and no affection items. Kind of weird. 

• Like 1

I don't get why this was implemented at the end of an ongoing event????

When there isn't much time to get shards anymore. I have been fighting Ninja Spy endlessly with no luck until this new patch came.

If the plan was to now make people blow their kobans and buy more then I have no more words.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Masters said:

On the live server I was working exclusively on dropping Val Mala. 11 days and nada, she's yet to drop. Then the Shards System kicks in and I've gotten 4 shards on her.

What this tells me is that I'm NOT going to get even ONE girl for this 12 day event.

ALL the WORK spent on her and on the LAST DAY of the event my progress has been RESET TO ZERO.

What progress? Event girls had a flat drop rate, those previous failures don't affect your chances to get her.

Those "previous failures" were increasing my chances of getting her *under the old system*. then on the last day, the New Shards System goes live and everything, the "previous failures" from the Old System are lost and I have to reset to zero with the new system with ONLY ONE DAY to attempt to build any "progress".

It's like if you've been standing in line somewhere and when a new shift manager or desk clerk punches it, your wait time is reset to the beginning. An imprecise analogy, but the rough principle is there.

• Like 1

Just now, Masters said:

Those "previous failures" were increasing my chances of getting her *under the old system*. then on the last day, the New Shards System goes live and everything, the "previous failures" from the Old System are lost and I have to reset to zero with the new system with ONLY ONE DAY to attempt to build any "progress".

It's like if you've been standing in line somewhere and when a new shift manager or desk clerk punches it, your wait time is reset to the beginning. An imprecise analogy, but the rough principle is there.

This is a misunderstanding of the old system. The old system had a flat, unchanging rate for event girls. No matter what you did, this rate did not change.

The increased rate for failures was only for regular boss girls.

• Like 2

I got Shao in 3 days. I have been working on Mala since then, so 7 days. 350 fights. No drop.

I wake up with 18 fights in the bar + 26 fights until the end of the event. Kinkoid says the 100 shard drop possibility still exists but my chance of getting Mala in the next 44 fights is very low under either system. I always hated the last day or two of an event. It was so futile. On day 1 when you have 12 * 50 = 600 0.5% chances ahead of you you have hope. On day 12 when you have 50 0.5% chances hope is almost gone.

So I do my 18 accumulated fights. 8 shards. (5 + 3). I am already ahead. I have made more progress in the 1st 18 fights under the new system then I made in 350 fights under the old system.

I was never going to get her on the last day of the event anyway, at least this way I will have a head start on her if she comes around again. And if I do decide to do re-fills I only have to achieve 92 shards. And I can decide to abort after a few refills if they are not doing the job.

Information is good. This is so much better.

17 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

This is a misunderstanding of the old system. The old system had a flat, unchanging rate for event girls. No matter what you did, this rate did not change.

The increased rate for failures was only for regular boss girls.

You can repeat this all you want, but the AMOUNT OF DAYS INVESTED in the process is still a part of the process invested. Under the Old, each and every battle fought was meant to be one step closer. This is like climbing stairs (with just enough time to possibly make an appointment deadline) only to find near the top a sign that says, "these stairs are closed. Go to the NEW STAIRWELL to reach your destination".

No matter how you want to explain it or how you want to view it, Time and Effort was invested only to be for naught and at the last moment you sent back to the ground level to start over again without any concern for the time and effort already invested. In the staircase example, even if the NEW stairs are an escalator, you are still sent back to zero to start over, with chances high you'll miss your deadline.

"Well, first battle or thousandth, your chance was the same…" Sorry, no. Maybe On-Paper true, but you over look the *multiplier* of the 1000 battles at that same rate. Rate x1 is Not equal to Rate x1000

Edited by Masters
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You weren't sent back to zero. You had never left the starting point in the first place...

I'm not saying you can't be annoyed by the change. But it being 12 days makes literally no difference than if it was 1 day. Your analogy is bad because you hadn't actually made any progress. The old system did not have you getting closer with each battle, because nothing about the system was impacted by you having done previous battles.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Masters said:

You can repeat this all you want, but the AMOUNT OF DAYS INVESTED in the process is still a part of the process invested. Under the Old, each and every battle fought was meant to be one step closer. This is like climbing stairs (with just enough time to possibly make an appointment deadline) only to find near the top a sign that says, "these stairs are closed. Go to the NEW STAIRWELL to reach your destination".

No matter how you want to explain it or how you want to view it, Time and Effort was invested only to be for naught and at the last moment you sent back to the ground level to start over again without any concern for the time and effort already invested. In the staircase example, even if the NEW stairs are an escalator, you are still sent back to zero to start over, with chances high you'll miss your deadline.

I got to go with @GeorgeMTO on this one. Under the old system each battle fought for an event girl did NOT move you any closer to a drop. For boss girls there was a tiny amount of progress. You are not investing. You are gambling.

The equation is still the same, but the RATIO is not.

FixedRate x ChanceTaken. 
Rate:1 is less than Rate:1000

If we both take only 1 chance then the results of both of us having the same outcome is high. But if I take 1000 chances, the result possibilities grow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

I got Shao in 3 days. I have been working on Mala since then, so 7 days. 350 fights. No drop.

I wake up with 18 fights in the bar + 26 fights until the end of the event. Kinkoid says the 100 shard drop possibility still exists but my chance of getting Mala in the next 44 fights is very low under either system. I always hated the last day or two of an event. It was so futile. On day 1 when you have 12 * 50 = 600 0.5% chances ahead of you you have hope. On day 12 when you have 50 0.5% chances hope is almost gone.

So I do my 18 accumulated fights. 8 shards. (5 + 3). I am already ahead. I have made more progress in the 1st 18 fights under the new system then I made in 350 fights under the old system.

I was never going to get her on the last day of the event anyway, at least this way I will have a head start on her if she comes around again. And if I do decide to do re-fills I only have to achieve 92 shards. And I can decide to abort after a few refills if they are not doing the job.

Information is good. This is so much better.

That sounds about the same progress as I had. But the funny part to me is that Val Shao is supposed to be higer rarity than Val Mala. Considering the amount of tries, it seems odd but I know that it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I am just unhappy that the time was shortened with the old system, at least it would have been consistent if the patch was released after event.

I believe you stil have a chance to win a girl on a single roll, do you not?

In any event I am not going to grouse about changes to a game to which I don't contribute any real world cash.

The interesting thing to me is that my info shows I have recruited 124 girls, when in truth I have only 123.  I must assume they are rounding up the 2% of a Karole girl I have accumulated.  I like numbers so I find this interesting.

Just now, Spurdo said:

That sounds about the same progress as I had. But the funny part to me is that Val Shao is supposed to be higer rarity than Val Mala. Considering the amount of tries, it seems odd but I know that it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I am just unhappy that the time was shortened with the old system, at least it would have been consistent if the patch was released after event.

Right after this event ends a new one starts. There's no gap between them. Since they prefer to do patches when they're in the office (and reset happens when they aren't), it was going to impact an event somehow. Doing it on day 12 affects less people than doing it on day 1 or 2 does.

8 minutes ago, ChyldeRoland said:

I believe you stil have a chance to win a girl on a single roll, do you not?

I guess it is still possible but chances are really really low. At least that's what I read here in forums.

So I'm not holding my breath waiting to see it 😜

51 minutes ago, Masters said:

The equation is still the same, but the RATIO is not.

FixedRate x ChanceTaken. 
Rate:1 is less than Rate:1000

If we both take only 1 chance then the results of both of us having the same outcome is high. But if I take 1000 chances, the result possibilities grow.

But there's nothing in the update that prevent you to get that girl in just one fight during the last hours remaining. Now you also have a chance to get a small portion of her, but we still don't know if 'instant drop' rate have been reduced. If in the old system  chances were: 1% girl, 99% nothing, I just hope they are now 1% girl, 5% girl shard, 94% nothing (this is just an example, I know they've actually posted the real chances of getting a shard but we've never known for sure the girls drop ratio, so it's all conjectures and personal experiences, which should not be a valid method to jump to general conclusions). 

It seems you like analogies, so think about this one. You need to reach the top of those stairs you mentioned in one of your comments and you're rolling a dice to move up. Before the update you needed an exact score in one roll to climb all the stairs at once (and, although that's not exactly how probabilities work, you feel that every unsuccessful roll got you closer to the successful one). But now you're also allowed to move up a little when getting another score, while still having the chance of taking just one big step to reach your goal.

If 'instant drop' rate have not been reduced (and that's a big IF) I think this is a way better system that makes grinding a little more rewarding

Edited by pozi
completion
  • Like 1

So now I'm not even getting crumbs of money forcing to grind low lvl bosses, but now I actually get even less for my kobans. What a joke of a 'downdate' this is. I guess my chance for Shao was 'randomized' again with the implementation of this shi... I'm sorry, system. The devs need some fresh ideas or something.

Got eleven shards of Shao in ~ 40 fights - 4 drops of 1-3 shards each. It feels slow, but at least you see some progress. Better than nothing I'd say. But too late for this event unfortunately. I feel like people would have been less pissed off if the new system did not start on last day of an event. What bugs me though, is the money, as if we weren't hard for cash enough. With the old system, you'd lose the money only once, now with the new system, you could theoretically lose 100 times the money before getting the girl, that's a very sizeable chunk of money lost on the later bosses like Roko.